AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2008-11-12, 22:13   Link #1281
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Agreed. I also like how you've put your logo at her lower abdomen. I guess the purists might not like it, but I think it's pretty classy.
Old 2008-11-15, 12:44   Link #1282
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Having finished Canvas 2 for the first time recently, I went looking for an Elis figure. I was glad to find this one by Toys Planning. It's got a few rough edges, if you look close, but it's a very nice likeness of her and has a good finish overall. I'm very happy with it.

Old 2008-11-19, 08:49   Link #1283
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

You know, I've been swearing off figures in favor of electronic gaming for nearly 2 years now. But this set of Haruhi scaled fig is tempting....
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 09:16   Link #1284
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

OMG... I've got the first Max Factory figures of those three. Ever since I saw this Gekisou poster...

...I've thought how cool it would be to have figures of them in those outfits. I can't believe they've done it. And from Max Factory, no less. Those will go quick, I'm sure.

Where did you find that image? Is there a release date given?
Old 2008-11-19, 13:37   Link #1285
FNSNA
Osaka is mai waifu

From MakubeX2 second picture it seem to say that
Haruhi figure, plan release date: 2009 march
Mikuru: 09 April
Nagato: 09 May

Nagato in that outfit.

PS: Need more Tsuruya
And is the sign in front of the figures saying: No taking pictures (or no recording)
FNSNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 02:45   Link #1286
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNSNA View Post
From MakubeX2 second picture it seem to say that
Haruhi figure, plan release date: 2009 march
Mikuru: 09 April
Nagato: 09 May
Thanks. Guess that wouldn't have been too hard to figure out with a closer look.

I'll be keeping an eye out for pre-order announcements at the usual distributors. I looked around and I don't see anything yet.
Old 2008-11-20, 21:13   Link #1287
rainbow_star

Hey guys! How are you doing! Haven't come to this place for like 2 month. XD
Just want to show you guys the stuff that I bought last month. =]

Spoiler for More pic:

You can read the post in my blog here. =)
rainbow_star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 14:36   Link #1288
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
I been wanting a set of the Neverland Heroine for a while but the set is really expensive and hard to fine

http://www.toysnjoys.com/spectralforce.html

but i found this store is selling it for only $35

anyone lving in HI knows if this place is legit?
Old post to reply to, but as a local (or rather former since I kinda moved after college for work) I have to answer this. Toys N Joys is probably one of the most known and larger anime stores on Oahu. Unless they've changed in the years I've been away they have 2 stores and their online on. I haven't done much ordering through their online store but the majority of their items are legitimate (just watch out for the DVDs though it is pretty obvious ). Best thing would be to call them and ask about their stock. I've had it before where an item 'in stock' wasn't and I ended up canceling my order after 3 months of waiting (wallscroll). Of the other times it shipped and arrived just fine. Though yes, it can be a little pricey.

If you want another option, try E-mailing Sean at MechaHawaii. He tries his best to locate special order items if you're nice. Unless its a really, really rare item he usually finds it through his contacts. His prices are also reasonable (though if the item is hard to find it might cost you a bit more than retail). Hope this helps
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 19:11   Link #1289
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Those Haruhi Vegnetteum sets are adorable.

Don't know if Nendo are better or them if I have to choose...

By the way, how do you guys clean your figures from dusts and stuff if you leave them in the open like that?
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 19:17   Link #1290
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

The Vignetteum Cute series is really cute indeed. But what makes Nenderoids win is the variation of mix and match, the more Maxfactory you have, the more stuff you can switch around. And Maxfactory is currently owning the market because of this feature and their quality.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 19:46   Link #1291
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voracious Hollow View Post
must feel like xmas has come early am sure....hope your female, because for a male to be excited over a jap version of barbie is sad as
Are you saying: "...as someone like yourself?"

Your perspective is all sorts of wrong. Starting with Figures -> Barbie? Not at all, Japanese figures are targeted at mostly the male population while Barbie dolls are targeted at females.

I don't care whether you said that because you're drunk(which is as sad as anything obsessive), you just recieved one of my really rare negative reps. Its an extremely rare item that most people would never get in their entire lives.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 22:24   Link #1292
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

So what do you have to say about those rich collectors that folk out thousands and millions to own an extensive collection of female classical sculptures from times such as ancient Greece and Rome ?

Are we, the anime figure collector, any different from them ? Think about it.
Old 2008-11-22, 02:27   Link #1293
dfens

Personally I could care less what people think of my or fellow collectors taste. I wish their was more male figures but sad to say they're not. It's no different if you see someone with a star wars figure, or whatever collectible they're into.

It is true probably 95% are males that buy these figures. We don't play with them, they are for display purposes. Hell and if it came down to it which it never will a investment. Some are very popular and only available for a short time in limited numbers they can fetch a pretty penny.

I proudly display them in a display case to show my love and dedication to a particular show or manga. Plus I think they look kind of cool to admire the craftsmanship. Same thing when I buy a art book or manga.

If I could and had the space I would buy tons of other ones, and I have the money to do so. But I choose to get only the ones that are my favorite.

And Voracious Hollow I think it's sad to pass judgment on others. You may be wondering, but I'm not some weirdo. I hold a job, have a personal life, had many girlfriends, I get out of the house. My life isn't being wasted.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 10:36   Link #1294
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voracious Hollow View Post
must feel like xmas has come early am sure....hope your female, because for a male to be excited over a jap version of barbie is sad as
You give a link to a figure that borders on being erotic art and then you wonder what guys see in it?

Your name suits you well... for the space between your ears.
Old 2008-11-22, 19:04   Link #1295
rainbow_star

Just give him a break guys. Everyone has their own opinion. I believe he is just an outsider and don't understand what we think.
rainbow_star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 20:16   Link #1296
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow_star View Post
Just give him a break guys.
I did give him a break. I was going to give negative rep, but I restrained myself out of feeling sorry for such ignorance.

Anime figures = Barbie

Pshaw.
Old 2008-11-23, 00:44   Link #1297
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
So what do you have to say about those rich collectors that folk out thousands and millions to own an extensive collection of female classical sculptures from times such as ancient Greece and Rome ?

Are we, the anime figure collector, any different from them ? Think about it.
As long as you don't fap to these things

Spoiler:

I do have my issues with geek and otaku culture, its alienation and the treatment and deciption of women, so I can see where he's coming from but its not for this thread to discuss about it!

Now I find these things too expensive, some are amazing for me, specially gaming stuff like the ones from first4figures but I find them unaffordable, however I met this one in a fair and I couldn't help to buy it, even though I only spend around $30, I still thought it was expensive.

(sorry for the bad quality)

GameraBaenre your work is amazing, are there any tutorials or beginner sites to make this? what kind of materials are needed? are they expensive? (sorry, I'm cheap ) I'm not very interested in anime figurines per se, but I just want to make some sculptures of my own creations to help me draw them, since I'm not very talented and I need the help to get dimensions and diferent perspectives right of the things that I have in my head, and I've tried with clay only to have terrible results.
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 04:19   Link #1298
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantidor View Post
I do have my issues with geek and otaku culture, its alienation and the treatment and deciption of women, so I can see where he's coming from but its not for this thread to discuss about it!
Figurines can be a form of art in the area of modern pop culture.

Remember that anime characters are 2D and flat. A good sculptor will pay attention to the character and crave out details that may or may not have be shown in the original 2D lineart. Fans and collector alike will definately pay good money if the end product is good.

Quote:
Now I find these things too expensive, some are amazing for me, specially gaming stuff like the ones from first4figures but I find them unaffordable, however I met this one in a fair and I couldn't help to buy it, even though I only spend around $30, I still thought it was expensive.
That's because most of the time the price are being jacked up by the online merhcants, as those collectable are of a niched nature. If you go to Akihabara on a good day, you'll find some shop slashing some of their goods by as much as 50% due to competition and stuffs.

But to us collectors, some of those figs are of a one-time only and they might or might not see a second batch. So we'll gladly pay good money if the sculpture turns out good.
Old 2008-11-23, 04:56   Link #1299
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
But to us collectors, some of those figs are of a one-time only and they might or might not see a second batch.
So very true. And it's frustrating when you stumble upon an older series with a character you really enjoy and feel a connection with.

That happened to me just a couple days ago with Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu. I went looking around the web for merchandise and found a review of an Iriya figure. I want that figure so bad! Couldn't find it anywhere, though. I suppose the best place to look might be Yahoo! Auctions Japan, or go to a shopping agency and ask them to look for one, but then I'd have to pay through the nose for it.
Old 2008-11-24, 01:27   Link #1300
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Some better images of the new Haruhi figure.

http://www.amiami.com/shop?vgForm=Pr...te=review.html

Must. Get.

[edit]- Pre-Orders now available:
http://www.kidnemo.com/index.php?mai...oducts_id=5369

Last edited by Mushi; 2008-11-24 at 02:00.
Mushi is offline   Reply With Quote