AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Pumpkin Scissors

Notices

View Poll Results: Pumpkin Scissors Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 0 0%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 50.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 31.82%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 9.09%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 4.55%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 4.55%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-18, 00:31   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Pumpkin Scissors Episode 20 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Pumpkin Scissors, Episode 20!

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep spoilers from the Manga out of the anime thread.
    If you need to reply to someone with a reference to the Manga, either PM them or use clearly marked Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use the spoiler title[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for title:
Old 2007-02-20, 18:14   Link #2
Kalimari

Spoiler for Episode 20:
Old 2007-02-20, 19:31   Link #3
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Pretty good episodes.

Can't really comment as to be honest most of the Japanese threw over my head, so besides any real detail it was interesting to notice Alice seeing the shadow of
Spoiler:
back while dancing with the "Prince" and as Kalimari mention, i was pleasantly surprised to see Alice display such a feminine reaction just from the bashful stare of "you-know-who" quite interesting that she only reacted to him, and no one else.... once is professional concern, twice is...more?

Edit: Watched the sub! Woot! Go Alice!!!

lololol.

Great episode, especially the end,

Spoiler:

Last edited by Onizuka-GTO; 2007-02-21 at 19:50.
Old 2007-02-21, 19:57   Link #4
Jewelray

Send a message via AIM to Jewelray
I think ep20 finally got the balance of comedy and drama right. I have to give the show some credit for at least trying not to take itself too seriously, but I didn't find the humor in previous episodes very funny.

This episode was actually funny plus had enough angsty drama goodness to keep the plot going. Nice.

Alice's sisters are great. Hooray for classy, well done boob jokes.
Old 2007-02-21, 20:58   Link #5
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Good episode I thought. With more of Randel's dreams I really wonder what those scientists did to him. This has to be a major combination of drugs, and psychological conditioning. Feel bad for the guy trying to deal with that conditioning in a situation where there are civilians.

Best part of the episode without a doubt was "Wonderful..." That's just funny, seeing his blown away reaction and Alice's embarassed appearance on top of it. Well I think for Randel that view was well worth the three slaps. Nice how Oreld and Machs quickly move on.

With the talking from behind the fans, we know your talking it's not stealthy to be rude while doing that. Let the poor folk beat on them for a while.

It's incredible how ruthless section 1 is. Without a concern they move to supress any information that might upset the public. They even let the riot continue just so they have an excuse to prosecute and torture all those people including their families.

Good luck with the duel Alice. Though against a loser like that guy I can't see how hard it'd be.
Old 2007-02-22, 01:50   Link #6
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ouch...orlando gor whacked pretty hard >.< i mean...a sledgehammer to the spine

alice is gaining points with every passing momnet i just loved how she got embarrassed at orlando calling her wonderful XD man he sure got bitch slapped ~

i want alice to kick that guy's butt!!! >.<

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-02-22, 03:50   Link #7
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Random Thoughts on Ep20
  • After Leonir made a metaphor about birds stepping on trees.

"Is he a maso-"
    "Please shut your mouth."

Alice's sisters are the best.
  • Machs proves once again that he can be every bit as perverted as Oreld... That sparkle off his glasses was gold.
Cheers.
Old 2007-02-22, 04:01   Link #8
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Yeah. Though I have to wonder why their breasts are so famous. I mean, that mechanic lady has a bigger set.
Old 2007-02-22, 08:09   Link #9
Trax
Rock beats scissors

They're nobility, so they are wellknown. The mechanic lady might be famous for her assets within the army, but not outside.

It was nice to see that Orlando wasn't knocked out with one blow after all, but I had still expected a bit more fight out of him rather than Oreld having to step in. Once the civilians charged in, it was ofcourse unavoidable that Alice would butt in. Didn't expect the duel though, but I'm not sure what that would accomplish. And I don't think the guy will accept, since he's a weakling, I'm expecting him to make up some excuses. But who knows, maybe he's gotten riled up and just thinks Alice is a little girl that even he can handle. Would be fun to see him find out otherwise.
Old 2007-02-23, 07:12   Link #10
Wolfen
So as I pray...

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Yeah. Though I have to wonder why their breasts are so famous. I mean, that mechanic lady has a bigger set.
True, but I bet she doesn't put them on display like that quite as often.

Wolfen.
Old 2007-02-23, 15:49   Link #11
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

what was the name of that female mechanics again?
i swear she hasa thing for mach...
Old 2007-02-23, 17:24   Link #12
Mentar
Banned

Lieutenant Webner ^_^
Old 2007-02-24, 02:29   Link #13
kauldron26
Med Student

are 19 and 20 filler eps ??
Old 2007-02-24, 09:47   Link #14
Kalimari

no, no filter
Old 2007-02-24, 10:18   Link #15
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauldron26 View Post
are 19 and 20 filler eps ??
Yes they are really really boring fillers, best to skip them. trust me, its just boobies, slippery hands and Mach eye glinting.

Pure filler. don't waste your time, wait for ep21, thats the real story.

Old 2007-02-24, 12:08   Link #16
Kalimari

lol^_^ if so skip 21 to beeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 2007-02-24, 12:46   Link #17
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Enter the Performers

The episode was average to me but pulled well some memorable one-liners and precious moments.

Basically, it is the continuing of last week's episode.

The nobility or most of its members resort to their influences and status to get along with the authorities; put it bluntly they purchase their way into the top of the status quo in corrupted governments.

Those papers that deal with the Marqui's embezzlement fund sure must be a bad nightmare for Section I to mobilize in order to preserve national security at any cost even if means slaugthering the commotion of commoners and their families to keep that information under the rug.

Whatever way I see it I find Oland's dream sequence fascinating and mind blowing. The claroscuro and opaque colors combined with the ghastly images of the deceased and the subliminal message makes the footage psychedelic and surreal. The dream is the manifestation of Randel's guilt building and boiling, and he's paying in the flesh his sins of the past.
Unfortunately, I found Randel quite pathetic since he stumbled upon a first experience to waver on shooting the civilians that he swored to protect. I think the situation quite merited to defend his life, and he would not had to resort in killing them rather scaring them with warning shots. Jeez, times of conflict require to watch your back, if you do understand that the masses revolt and turn to unrest.

Changing topic, the perv is back.
-The lady with the most plump breasts. The lady with the most conceited breasts.

Quite a priceless one-liner and good thought from Oreld to make some laughs at the midst of a tight situation.

BTW, Alice challenging the Marquis to surrender, oh please! That's corny and over the top, couldn't the writers thought of something better?
Old 2007-02-24, 12:59   Link #18
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
BTW, Alice challenging the Marquis to surrender, oh please! That's corny and over the top, couldn't the writers thought of something better?

It wasn't to surrender, it was to a duel.

Besides, if she does kill him, the matter will be more or less settle.

The code of honour for the nobility would be satisfied, and the army will not have to kill civilians and their families just to secure government secrets. Which is just what they wanted, if the embezzlement did not involve disclassifying highly sensitive information, im sure they would of errand on allowing this information coming to light. However, if you had to choose between applying justice to one corrupt noble and the precious security of the Empire.....go figure...
Old 2007-02-24, 21:22   Link #19
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Wow what a great episode and a funny one at that. I am thinking my prediction about Alice and Orland might be dead on. I do think its form of respect and admiration, but imo thats where it started and moved on from there. When Alice is dancing with whats his name shes looking above him like she is staring at someone taller than him then you see the shadow of Orland

Also, there the blushing after Orland said she was wonderful not once but twice. unfortunately it was followed by the tri bitch slap but I think to Orland it was worth it. So im expecting that there is some romantic feelings there, Orland is the only person she blushed over during the entire time.

Other funny parts ALice's sisters breast are legendary through out the kingdom LOL followed by Machs and Olands reaction. Machs isnt the boyscout he plays out to be.

Cant wait for the next one.

did anyone notice that scary look Mr pretty got at one point?
Old 2007-02-25, 01:12   Link #20
David Johnston

And this one hit youtube!

Spoiler:
Closed Thread