AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black 2nd Season - Episode 06 Rating
Perfect 10 33 32.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 35.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 15.84%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 5.94%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.97%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.98%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 2.97%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.98%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-17, 04:42   Link #241
Joe_fh

I think at that moment Hei called her by her name to give it more impact. If he tried to say it in the usual way she wouldn't notice it at first and it was a matter of seconds. When someone calls you by your name suddenly you usually stop doing what you're doing and so it's a good way to attract attention. Because of this I really don't think Hei put that much meaning into it like the Japanese meaning.
Of course there are other valid reasons for him to coninue to call her that and they don't have anything to do with this but in that moment I really think he did it to get her attention fast.
Old 2009-11-17, 05:00   Link #242
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I think that Norios mom was a pretty interesting contractor. They showed us with Tanya that contractors loose all their feelings and only think rational but his mother seems to be aware of her sons feelings.

edit: I loooooooooove the glasses girl from section ...3? 6? Damn. She is hot! Also when they showed her in the submarine (or was that in EP5) she looks scary D: Oh and Im a fag for the twins :3
Old 2009-11-17, 09:05   Link #243
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EadTaes View Post
First the trivial demand, Suou complains that canned meat reack of metal, Hei fixes that problem with the lats of his liquor.
Actually, if someone is an alcoholic, then it's not a trivial thing. That's pretty significant to use the last of your stash for cooking purposes and then concede not to drink anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post

Then why the oxygen mask?
To keep her brain alive.
Old 2009-11-17, 12:07   Link #244
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
According to Amber, Pai still lives on within Hei....
I just rewatched s1 and Amber said that before Pai said goodbye.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache
They showed us with Tanya that contractors loose all their feelings and only think rational but his mother seems to be aware of her sons feelings.
Someone in s1 -- I think it was November11 -- said that contractors don't lose their emotions, they just don't base their decisions on them. I think both seasons have been a bit inconsistent about this, but that's what he said.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-11-17, 12:57   Link #245
PiggyBank
sneaky & suspicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange View Post
Quote:
Someone please shoot Norio already. He's starting to become the anime version of Jar Jar Binks. He'd better play some significant role for all this screentime he's getting.
Hopefully, all this screentime is to build up for the tragic death scene. Instead of the awful alternative of him suddenly developing contractor powers and tagging along as part of the gang.
Don't even scare me like that!

Apart from that, great episode. Loved the little kitchen scene between Suou and Hei. Ok, it's possible that she's changing her attitude towards Hei a bit rapidly but hey, it's not like she jumping to hug him already. She just seem to be confused with his behaviour and starts to notice some degree of humanity in him.

I found Hei hitchhiking a ride on a roof rather amusing.
And did anyone notice how much sugar July puts into Mao's tea???
Old 2009-11-17, 15:01   Link #246
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Someone in s1 -- I think it was November11 -- said that contractors don't lose their emotions, they just don't base their decisions on them. I think both seasons have been a bit inconsistent about this, but that's what he said.
In the manga Harvest said that contractors don't lose their emotions ; contractors will only act on what makes rational sense.

Michiru's case is different then Suou's and Tanya's. Michiru has been a contractor for however old Norio is but the two girls have only recently became contractors. I'm guessing that "veteran" contractors have their way around things, such as showing emotions or what not.
Old 2009-11-17, 18:25   Link #247
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
I think that Norios mom was a pretty interesting contractor. They showed us with Tanya that contractors loose all their feelings and only think rational but his mother seems to be aware of her sons feelings.

edit: I loooooooooove the glasses girl from section ...3? 6? Damn. She is hot! Also when they showed her in the submarine (or was that in EP5) she looks scary D: Oh and Im a fag for the twins :3
I think it shows the difference in the relationships. Tanya's kept her dim awareness of Mika's feelings - she just doesn't care. She must have felt flattered and curious about the love confession, and she liked him a bit, but that's all. So when she became a contractor, all that ceased to matter.

Michiru, OTOH, did the rational thing to protect her son - by going away. She could easily do that because, as a contractor, her love wasn't the same as an attachment.
Old 2009-11-18, 20:06   Link #248
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I think it shows the difference in the relationships. Tanya's kept her dim awareness of Mika's feelings - she just doesn't care. She must have felt flattered and curious about the love confession, and she liked him a bit, but that's all. So when she became a contractor, all that ceased to matter.

Michiru, OTOH, did the rational thing to protect her son - by going away. She could easily do that because, as a contractor, her love wasn't the same as an attachment.
This is what i also felt about Michiru's character so it did not surprise me that her character acted in such a way. One thing as mentioned that we learn about contractors is their feelings cease to motivate their actions unlike normal humans where emotion drives majority of our actions, therefore if its not rational to a contractor they wont bother. Although becoming a contractor changes the way feelings are perceived with them you can not remove human instinct in this case it would be a mothers connection to her child. A childs love for a mother is rational and vice versa. She did not show affection in the traditional sense but trying to protect her sons feelings made sense because of the bond a mother and child share. Logic dictated Michiru's actions after she become a contractor right to her reunion with her son and sadly her death. Tanya's situation was different as Anh_Minh stated. Analyzing how she acted before she became a contractor and afterwords gave a pretty clear picture of why she acted the way she did. At least thats how i interrupted situations.
Old 2009-11-18, 21:47   Link #249
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I think I should have guessed that it was Yin. I thought it was Amber actually, with the way they were referring to her as Hei's girl. I was expecting a new character to be in there too. Guess I missed that, huh? lol.

I really really really want to know what happened in this two year gap. Luckily there are OVAs bundled or included as extras on the DVD/BD of the first season (nice marketing idea).
Old 2009-11-19, 11:50   Link #250
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
I have spoilers and pics for today's episode. Should I post here or wait for thread?
Old 2009-11-19, 11:56   Link #251
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirali View Post
I have spoilers and pics for today's episode. Should I post here or wait for thread?
I think you should wait for the thread.

I have to say though, I like Hei way much better in this episode for some reason.
Old 2009-11-19, 15:02   Link #252
Jetbent
Cross Game convert

I agree on the Hei likability... he's much better when he acts nicer.
Old 2009-11-20, 07:57   Link #253
RGB

That Norio kid was overdue for some tragedy. Hopefully that's the last we'll see of his sorry bulimic self.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetbent View Post
I agree on the Hei likability... he's much better when he acts nicer.
I miss the time when Hei was a cool and mysterious bastard with zapping powers.
Old 2009-11-20, 16:11   Link #254
Chidori<3
Hei x Yin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGB View Post
I miss the time when Hei was a cool and mysterious bastard with zapping powers.

Yeah.. that's why I'm re-watching 1 season xP
Now I think (especially after watching 7 ep) that 1st season is much better than 2nd... for now...
Old 2009-11-22, 10:33   Link #255
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
Told you it would be Yin in a box.

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Old 2009-12-06, 20:46   Link #256
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

To me the ending for the sixth episode was an emotive and poignant conclusion to the Hokaido Arc.

Spoiler:

What good things turned out are that Hei finally called Suou by her name and stopped ordering her to use her Contractor powers.
Closed Thread