AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Old 2004-11-29, 17:21   Link #21
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Well looking at the show, I think most people have been going into Akane Maniax expecting more KGNE...this will definitely disappoint them. They are completely different story types, and shouldn't even be compared. It's a look into Akane's life after KGNE from the point of view of Gouda's eyes, a man desperately trying to win her affection at all costs.
Old 2004-11-29, 17:26   Link #22
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shabaz
I also noticed the voice actress for Akane was different from KGNE. Personally, I liked the original voice better. That's just my personal preference though.
It's the same Seiyuu. In Akane Maniax she's just using her "real" name.

Uehara Tomomi = Akane = Mizuhashi Kaori (her real name)
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 17:30   Link #23
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Yup, there's no change in CV whatsoever. I think all those same characters in the games, the TV anime, and this OVA have the same CVs...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 17:45   Link #24
Mr. Shabaz
Lazy Member

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shabaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar
It's the same Seiyuu. In Akane Maniax she's just using her "real" name.

Uehara Tomomi = Akane = Mizuhashi Kaori (her real name)
Ahh I get it. Thanks for clearing that up. I thought she sounded different, and when I looked it up I saw different names.
Mr. Shabaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 18:25   Link #25
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I'm a huge fan of KGNE, and despite its origins this has nothing to do with KGNE except the name of the main character and her hair color. It's a totally different kind of thing, and not a great version of that. A big disappointment.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 18:35   Link #26
gundamfans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
I'm a huge fan of KGNE, and despite its origins this has nothing to do with KGNE except the name of the main character and her hair color. It's a totally different kind of thing, and not a great version of that. A big disappointment.

I agree with you. I can see what the director is trying to do. The hot-bloodedness of Gouda and his ignorance and innocence makes the pain left behind from KGNE even stronger. So far I hope it doesn't turn out to be too wacky. It is hard for ppl to accept because it takes such a different approach than KGNE. But KGNE is really good, simple drama concept but such full of emotions. Might redownload KGNE.
gundamfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 18:53   Link #27
karasu
ee.. nande?!

Send a message via AIM to karasu
I liked kimino because it had that hyper-stylized slice of life feel to it. Takayuki's troubles with the girls was mixed up with living situation issues, and happenings with his job, and mundane things like souvenier cups that seriously play that kind of role in emotional events like that.

I lost all possibility of interest in Akane Maniax the second I saw a mech. Bleh.
karasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 19:10   Link #28
Green²
It's bacon!

Spoiler for 01:
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 20:05   Link #29
kujoe
from head to heel

This definitely isn't a sequel to KGNE. And with a character like Gouda, it's to be expected that the atmosphere of the entire show would be vastly different.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 20:40   Link #30
Srin Tuar
無謀

Hrm, Gouda annoys me a bit.

Hes so uncool and oblivious as to be annoying, I can understand why akane wouldnt like him. Plus he likes gundams, which are among the dumbest things of all time, imo.

Akane seems much hotter than before, she was such a ditz in the Kiminozo series.
Anyway, I couldnt stand to watch KGNE as far as the end, so I guess she got ditched in the end (took agonizingly long enough). Now its her turn I guess.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 20:57   Link #31
kujoe
from head to heel

Well, people shouldn't have expected this to be something like KGNE, even though it's understandable that people want more of it. Personally, I think the OVA would've gotten more serious and more intimate if it primarily came from Akane's point of view. But Gouda's presence is just too strong.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 21:14   Link #32
Castelak

Well, from that first episode my conlusion right now is that this series is Golden Boy meets KGNE. XD I didn't expect it to be serious after I saw the preview, but this was just WIERD... Fanservice galore, but at least it has UNBEATABLE POWER! O_o;
Castelak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 21:40   Link #33
wireless
Regular Lurker

Very out of place first episode. It was clear that it was trying to break away from the seriousness of KgNE, but that's impossible when it's a spin-off of a near soap opera. I was kinda weirded out the entire time watching it, but that Haruka picture at the end made the whole thing worth it .
Spoiler for just saving space:
wireless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 21:41   Link #34
Kamui4356
Aria Company

I can't see what people don't like about this series. I mean it's not unprecedented for a serious anime/movie/tv show to get a comedy spin-off. Soul taker and nurse witch komugi-chan for example. Personally I liked it. For those of you who have a complaint about the mecha aspect of the show, that's just gouda's imagination. Like some other people have said, he's a parody of the hot-blooded anime hero. What kind of parody would he be without a mech? Though I do have to admit, he's really out of place in the series.
Also, one small complaint... we saw a flash of mitsuki and takayuki when akane was reflecting on things, but still no cameo appearance of haruka?!!! It's not like I'm asking for much, just haruka saying hello or good by to akane on her way to or from school. Just one little cameo and I'll be happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Gouda here seems to be a combination of Domon of G Gundam and Gai of Nadesico IMO, both are famous roles by Tomokazu Seki (and both are over-the-top hotblood guys ). I think there must be some hardcore G Gundam/Nadesico/Tomokazu Seki fans in AGE, this Gouda character seems to be just specifically designed for him
I was thinking the same thing. I was almost expecting him to yell out gekigen flare at one point or to insist his name was daigouji gai.
edit: I missed that picture of haruka. was it after the closing credits? I tend to skip them *goes to re-watch*
Old 2004-11-29, 21:49   Link #35
FlyByNite

Finally a character who UNLIKE BAKAYUKI recognizes the shining beacon of beauty that is Akane!

I loved the first episode, it's not the drama that KGNE was obviously, but it's really enjoyable and I love seeing Akane in more of a starring capacity even if Gouda does dominate the show with his over the top personality.

It's like comparing Full Metal Panic to Full Metal Panic Fomuffu. FMPF throws in the goofy antics and ignores the laws of physics and reality to a much greater extent then FMP, but it's still funny and really enjoyable IMO.
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 22:35   Link #36
suguru
京都 ikitai~

I loved the first episode. Gouda reminds me of Megane from Urusei Yatsura, delivering 99% of his lines at a screaming yell and acting beyond over the top. When Gouda tells everyone the theme he proposed for the festival, that was one of the funniest moments in anime I've seen for a while. I wasn't a big fan of Kiminozo, but I wasn't a fan of Soul Taker either and I liked Komugi-chan--long live comedy spin-offs Too bad it's only three episodes, but I guess we can hope that like Komugi-chan did it gets a good enough reaction that it's green-lighted for more.
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 00:40   Link #37
Mr. Shabaz
Lazy Member

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shabaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
I can't see what people don't like about this series. I mean it's not unprecedented for a serious anime/movie/tv show to get a comedy spin-off.
Well, I looked over the clips from the show a second time. My opinion still stands. Even as a stand alone show completely seperate from Kiminozo, this show just falls flat for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
It's like comparing Full Metal Panic to Full Metal Panic Fomuffu. FMPF throws in the goofy antics and ignores the laws of physics and reality to a much greater extent then FMP, but it's still funny and really enjoyable IMO.
I watched both FMP and Fumoffu. The humor in Fumoffu was actually enjoying and funny to watch. The humor in Akane Maniax seemed forced and out of place. Akane felt more like a distant character than the star of the show.
Mr. Shabaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 01:27   Link #38
Fronzel
Schmuck

I herby re-christen this programme the "Gouda-kun Idiot Show"
Fronzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 01:43   Link #39
Diedrupo

the only thing I can say is after watching it is,
I sincerely hope that nobody who watched KGNE and loved it because it was a good drama show will watch Akane Maniax, since it'll most likely ruin KGNE for them.

The show is OK for diehard KGNE maniacs who want to see Akane's panties I guess. Otherwise, it has no redeeming value whatsover and I hope that none of the original staff involved in KGNE was involved in this show.
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 01:45   Link #40
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

of course, they can do a COMPLETE turnaround, like gouji gets killed in a car accident, and haruka, shinji, mitsuki, and takayuki all come back for comeo appearances!
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
âge, comedy, ova, romance, seinen