AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-01-30, 14:47   Link #4741
Kurush

Send a message via MSN to Kurush
Make that two people. Takane Goodman grew up in the MW, as well. She's also a viable option for being erased.

"The objective is not to win. It is to eliminate every option for the enemy except the one to lose."

Knowledge is power. It should be shared.
Kurush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 14:53   Link #4742
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurush View Post
Make that two people. Takane Goodman grew up in the MW, as well. She's also a viable option for being erased.
I'd gotten the impression that she is originally from Earth, just was brought up in MW when she was young. I don't think KA has been clear on either of Takane or Mei on exactly what their origins are. We know Mei was educated in America (and can assume the same from Takane given her stereotypical American attitude), and we know that both spent some time in MW (from the conversation about TTT's MW fame, if nothing else), but that's about it.
Old 2010-01-30, 15:49   Link #4743
DKN117

...Okay, this is getting frickin' ridiculous. This is, like, what? The 10th time we've gotten spoilers for a chapter, while the chapter that comes before the newly-spoiler'd one hasn't even been translated yet?! I've tried to keep my cool the first few times, but this has just been going on for way too long! How much further is this gonna go? Are we gonna, like, get Chapter 300's spoilers three days before Chapter 281 comes out, or something? WTF?!
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 15:58   Link #4744
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
...Okay, this is getting frickin' ridiculous. This is, like, what? The 10th time we've gotten spoilers for a chapter, while the chapter that comes before the newly-spoiler'd one hasn't even been translated yet?! I've tried to keep my cool the first few times, but this has just been going on for way too long! How much further is this gonna go? Are we gonna, like, get Chapter 300's spoilers three days before Chapter 281 comes out, or something? WTF?!
That argument is completely plointless, not that I understand what your saying and agree a little but still its a pointless argument since Scanlators can be as sensetive as a 5 year old girl and get easily hurt if you try too force them too release.

Because sure you might get 277 but you wont get 278.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 16:13   Link #4745
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I doubt it is frickin' ridiculous for a -fan- translation to be a bit late, especially for a franchise like Negima, requiring consistency regarding certain terms and the like (and the graphic edit to boot).
Seriously though, it isn't like they have any profit in that task, and a mere issue of 1-3 weeks is sort of short (unless you compare with overscanlated mangas like naruto).
Old 2010-01-30, 17:12   Link #4746
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

you know whats freaking ridiculous? ... your overreacting over that something which is a gray area (well ... honestly ... scanlating no matter if its Manga or Anime is sitting in the middle of the gray area) is late

@Al103 : you really have nothing better to do than to pick on typing mistakes, trying to act superior and more wise? ... minor hint ... picking out typing mistakes doesn't help you in any of those two directions
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 17:55   Link #4747
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Hmm I cant shake the feeling that Zect is part of Fates group in some way, While he was being erased by the big explosion on chapter 267 page 10 he says

"It is impossible for a hero of war to shape the future...in the end you were unable to change anything...I suggest that you ask your self now is humanity worth throwing your own life to save? Humanity is beyond saving Hero...know my two thousand and six hundred years of despair."

It sounds like hes involved in it and he's smiling while hes being erased, Some one who was the master of the thousand master would probably of had a way to fight against the code of the life maker, even Rakan stood against it for a good amount of time.

And what I was talking about Negi being part old world and magic world is since he should be in terms 1/2 Puppet and 1/2 Human so he should be resistant to the code of the life maker to an extent, but if the Royal Magic awakens in home could either go he becomes more engulfed by the magic powers and turns into more of a puppet or becomes resilient to the code. Also whats the purpose of Fate extracting the Magic Canceler and reopening Asunas past, Could it be that maybe Fate could be erased by the code also but with the power of magic canceler live? <.< Kinda seems not likely but in this weird manga could be possible lol
Old 2010-01-30, 19:15   Link #4748
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sian View Post
@Al103 : you really have nothing better to do than to pick on typing mistakes, trying to act superior and more wise? ... minor hint ... picking out typing mistakes doesn't help you in any of those two directions
How the hell you can do typing mistake like that? It's not typing mistake, it's either inability to remember proper name (should use something to reference then - as I do btw when can't remember exact name) or just plain "didn't do research", which get on my nerves. And also it's not simple typing mistake because it's so * POPULAR here and in other places. And especially bad because it confuses with other character.

PS. Why people take after Fate and call MW people "puppets"? They are not. Magical constructs - yes, puppets - no. They clearly have they own free will, soul and consciousness. Jack Rakan clearly shown that he is not puppet.

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.

Last edited by al103; 2010-01-30 at 19:27.
al103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 05:29   Link #4749
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by al103 View Post
PS. Why people take after Fate and call MW people "puppets"? They are not. Magical constructs - yes, puppets - no. They clearly have they own free will, soul and consciousness. Jack Rakan clearly shown that he is not puppet.
I assume they are using "puppets" because Fate uses it. With all the terminology and characters in Negima, it's easiest to refer to to things and people the same way the characters do, since that's the way you're going to see it most often in the manga. Fate's group is the only one that refers to them as anything other than some variation on "those guys", which you can certainly understand would be an inadequately precise term considering the context. Whether it's entirely correct or not, calling them "puppets" serves the purposes of both defining who you're referring to and acknowledging the context of their "less-than-real" existence (although using "puppets" to describe all the MW inhabitants should be avoided, since we know that 67 million of them are "not puppets").

Geez... Political correctness in regards to how we refer to a fictional group of people. What is this world coming to...?
Old 2010-01-31, 07:34   Link #4750
Kurush

Send a message via MSN to Kurush
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Geez... Political correctness in regards to how we refer to a fictional group of people. What is this world coming to...?
You tell us, pal. I don't even want to think of that issue.

"The objective is not to win. It is to eliminate every option for the enemy except the one to lose."

Knowledge is power. It should be shared.
Kurush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 02:26   Link #4751
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Hahaha, but isn't that what Negi and gang seem to be fighting for now?

"PEOPLE ARE PEOPLE... THEY LAUGH... THEY CRY... THEY LOVE... WHO ARE YOU TO TAKE ALL THAT AWAY!!!" <--- I can see that line (or some variation) coming up in the future.

Oh, and you know Fate's gonna drop some epic double cross complete with a shonen-esqe "I am no longer your puppet..." line when all is said and done... but it I'll still love it and eat it up.
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 06:30   Link #4752
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac195 View Post
Hahaha, but isn't that what Negi and gang seem to be fighting for now?

"PEOPLE ARE PEOPLE... THEY LAUGH... THEY CRY... THEY LOVE... WHO ARE YOU TO TAKE ALL THAT AWAY!!!" <--- I can see that line (or some variation) coming up in the future.

Oh, and you know Fate's gonna drop some epic double cross complete with a shonen-esqe "I am no longer your puppet..." line when all is said and done... but it I'll still love it and eat it up.
Oh, I have no problem with the characters having a problem with the "puppets" term in-story. I'd say it's fairly likely to happen, honestly. I just have an issue with someone decrying a connotatively descriptive and easy to remember term.

What is that quote from, BTW? Sounds familiar.
Old 2010-02-03, 08:27   Link #4753
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

Quote:
What is that quote from, BTW? Sounds familiar.
Well, in regards to 'People are all valuable; how dare you treat them like this' speech, I can think of...

Nanoha, Darker Than Black, Fate/Stay Night, Full Metal Alchemist, Shuffle!, Trigun, Sora no Otoshimono, Saber Marionette, Heroic Age, Soukou No Strain, Mnemosyne, and I think there's one in Steel Angel Kurumi, but I might just be imagining that.

It's.... not an uncommon speech. Besides, Negi himself had a recent philosophy session regarding Chachamaru's soul, didn't he?
Old 2010-02-03, 14:02   Link #4754
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Lol I loved that scene hes gettin all deep and shit while hes making out with a robot, was funny :P
Old 2010-02-04, 21:27   Link #4755
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
Lol I loved that scene hes gettin all deep and shit while hes making out with a robot, was funny :P
I actually thought it was kinda touching...
Old 2010-02-04, 23:59   Link #4756
Xacual

Hmm so most recent chapter was 278 then? Well one chapter behind isn't too bad. I'm really interested in when the gang will realize Asuna is a fake. Actually that and what will happen when they return to Mahora are what I think of the most when reading. There is no way this could be the last arc so they have to go back to Mahora for at least some time, but what they'll do other then train or do random slice of life / comedy chapters I don't know.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 00:10   Link #4757
nines
I much prefer the 2d

I can't wait to see the information that yue pulls up on the code of the life maker
Old 2010-02-05, 01:04   Link #4758
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
I can't wait to see the information that yue pulls up on the code of the life maker
Word. That is going to be one hell of a Crowning Moment of Awesome. Possibly to be followed by a BDH moment.

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2010-02-06 at 05:01. Reason: removed scanlation-related talk
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 01:08   Link #4759
DKN117

...FELLOW TROPER!!

Really, I think Yue'll be a bit busy having a Heroic BSOD at the death of her friend to do any looking up for a few chapters.

Last edited by DKN117; 2010-02-05 at 01:25.
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 01:19   Link #4760
Nesty

chp 277........ they're all gone T_T!!!!!!!!!!!

Tags
action, fantasy