Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-07-25, 09:31   Link #361
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrus View Post
Wow, that's a pretty good observation. Thanks for clearing up which halves of the continent were which though, I was getting kind of confused. Concerning the Scientist in the wheelchair (who is presumably from the north due to his facial markings) and the blond women and the officer with a mole on his cheek, are they members of the southern freestates or do they belong to some sort of seperate orginsation?

This is getting as similar to Eureka seven in terms of social comentary. Except whith Eureka seven it was about Japan's relationships with foreign cultures after the end of the period of isolation.

Also where does it say that Xam'd is set seventy years after a great war, is it on the website?
I believe all the characters with facial markings originate from the North. Notice how both Nakiami and the doctor seem to know naturally exactly what the Xam'd and Humanforms are? It's probably something everyone in the North knows as part of their upbringing and culture.

The 70 year thing is from the prologue synopsis on the official site. I'm sure the show will go into more details later on, like all BONES series the worldview is usually on the slow burner and builds up to really dramatic climaxes.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 09:50   Link #362
BluWacky
尻の竜

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I thought that Haru wouldn't be on the ship because those 2 in the OP are walking in 2 different directions. She could become a Humanform weapon for the Southern government. She is also standing in dark water in a very dark background in the ED (How many hints to bad outcome can we get in an ED?) so I'm not getting too attached to her.
EVERYONE is on a dark background in the ED, bad guys and good guys alike. I don't think that's any way to indicate whether she's going to work for the Southern Government - if anything Furuichi is more likely to be the bad guy.

With that said, I am a little confused about what Nakiami says to Haru. Why is it apparently special that she can hear Akiyuki's voice when he's all Xam'd-up? And what was that "you can keep the spirit of this one" line about? Not sure where she's going to fit into things, but I'm very much looking forward to finding out.
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 09:58   Link #363
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Excellent Episode 2!! Nakiami really rocks with her hi-jack somehow eventhough I first hate her design. I can sense potential relationship chain here...

Furuichi --> Haru --> Akiyuki --> Nakiami --> woot Xam'd
I hope they concentrate more on Xam'd though, I don't want another romance series and butthurt romance fanfic.

On the side note: Haru, Furuichi, the mom, the dad won't be joining the ship as suggested by OP and ED. I wonder how will they get their screen time if that is the case, well assuming that they will get any in the next 2-3 episodes that is. Also where is mai Nazuna ;_;
quina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 10:10   Link #364
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluWacky View Post
EVERYONE is on a dark background in the ED, bad guys and good guys alike. I don't think that's any way to indicate whether she's going to work for the Southern Government - if anything Furuichi is more likely to be the bad guy.

With that said, I am a little confused about what Nakiami says to Haru. Why is it apparently special that she can hear Akiyuki's voice when he's all Xam'd-up? And what was that "you can keep the spirit of this one" line about? Not sure where she's going to fit into things, but I'm very much looking forward to finding out.
I don't think her words are meant to be taken completely literally. The Xam'd defeated the Humanform and prevented it from blowing up. Hence it has won over the soul of that which was within that Humanform. Haru is Akiyuki's closest connection to his humanity and in a sense kept him from remaining a monster, so she has won over his soul. It's possible that Nakiami's religious beliefs as far as the nature of the soul goes has an actual signifance in the show, or it could be just the way her religion views the nature of life: Every action and reaction has a spiritual flow. We'll just have to keep watching to find out.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 10:28   Link #365
tigerwoods

Send a message via MSN to tigerwoods
Spoiler for Episode 2:
Old 2008-07-25, 10:41   Link #366
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by quina
On the side note: Haru, Furuichi, the mom, the dad won't be joining the ship as suggested by OP and ED. I wonder how will they get their screen time if that is the case, well assuming that they will get any in the next 2-3 episodes that is. Also where is mai Nazuna ;_;
The show can easily follow both Akiyuki's adventures and the trials of Haru and Furuichi as they struggle to survive in the war. I wouldn't be too worried about them, they're main characters that will remain as major players until the end.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 10:49   Link #367
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
1st DVD in Japan I mean not America or any other place cause that takes a long time =< usually they have like 2 eps per dvd there thus the reason I'm asking
DVD's there still have 4 episodes, depending on how they break it down.

The first Soul Eater DVD will be coming four months after the first episode. We may see a similar release schedule for this show once it starts "airing" in Japan.
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 12:32   Link #368
zalem

I thought Nazuna was dead?
Old 2008-07-25, 13:21   Link #369
quina

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
I thought Nazuna was dead?
But why would they even bother naming a DEAD character with hardly screentime? She is even in the character chart on the website. :\
Old 2008-07-25, 13:27   Link #370
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
The show can easily follow both Akiyuki's adventures and the trials of Haru and Furuichi as they struggle to survive in the war. I wouldn't be too worried about them, they're main characters that will remain as major players until the end.
Yeah i wouldn't mind something like that, and if it follows that path then it'll be interesting to see Haru develop more as a character, and around the war setting before she finally meets Akiyuki again.
Old 2008-07-25, 13:33   Link #371
terrus

Quote:
But why would they even bother naming a DEAD character with hardly screentime? She is even in the character chart on the website. :\
True but the man with the camera in the op and wearing a backpack in the ed isn't in the chracter chart and he's possibly a main character.
terrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 14:06   Link #372
quina

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrus View Post
True but the man with the camera in the op and wearing a backpack in the ed isn't in the chracter chart and he's possibly a main character.
Character chart seems to only show characters that already appeared in the show to prevent spoiler. They left blank spots for fill in later as well. Nakiami probably will meet Tenshin next episode so he is already on the chart as well.
Old 2008-07-25, 14:30   Link #373
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
Well, the only reason I can come up with is that Nazuna will either
Spoiler:
Old 2008-07-25, 14:31   Link #374
terrus

http://www.xamd.jp/character/index.html

There's several empty spaces on the character page, so presumably The man with the camera will fill one of those when he is introduced, Nazuna was seemingly added after episode one.
terrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 15:36   Link #375
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
She has an abdomen wound and is leaking green goo after surviving an explosion at ground zero intact. The chick ain't human. I have a hard time believing she died too since Akiyuki can heal himself in his weapon form. Perhaps knowing her name becomes important later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluWacky View Post
Nakiami is in daylight. Akiyuki is in night with some light as are most of the other cast members. Haru is the only one standing in water and in night with little light even though her sister and other friend are in the companion shot which looks slightly brighter. I didn't say that the ED is a tip that she will be working for the Southern government but she has training. There is a war going on and Humanform research is shifting to that island. Kind of progresses that in this type of a situation she'd be recruited/coerced into joining.

In the end, it's all theory.

Last edited by orion; 2008-07-25 at 16:10.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 16:31   Link #376
7Th
Mixtape

The use of condensed movement in the sequence that took place from 6:22 to 7:18 was nicely reminiscent of the dynamic yet nuanced style used by Norio Matusmoto... I wonder who the animator was, he deserves serious props.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 19:04   Link #377
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
She has an abdomen wound and is leaking green goo after surviving an explosion at ground zero intact. The chick ain't human. I have a hard time believing she died too since Akiyuki can heal himself in his weapon form. Perhaps knowing her name becomes important later.

Nakiami is in daylight. Akiyuki is in night with some light as are most of the other cast members. Haru is the only one standing in water and in night with little light even though her sister and other friend are in the companion shot which looks slightly brighter. I didn't say that the ED is a tip that she will be working for the Southern government but she has training. There is a war going on and Humanform research is shifting to that island. Kind of progresses that in this type of a situation she'd be recruited/coerced into joining.

In the end, it's all theory.
Yeah... I just don't see it, the ED doesn't give off bad vibes to Haru's character to me she's just standing on water and looking up smiling.

Anyways great episode the animation was nice also it was great to see Haru's character can kick ass, poor soldier guy wonder if he made it out alive after the attack from the humanoid? If not Haru is a murderer!

Haru can hear Akiyuki's voice that was already obvious from the previous episode but I wonder why? Must be the power of love! Okay maybe not, could be because she has special powers or because she's the closest to him?

Also in the episode both the blue hair captain of the ship and the commander guy snap their lips wonder what their connection is with each other, ex lovers or brother and sis? The OP already hints of a possible connection with each other.

Felt bad for the guy that got punch in the balls, it's happened to me so I can sympazise with him, heh.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 19:25   Link #378
shadowblast101

website

not sure if it was noted, but the site has been revamped into a ps3 ad.
shadowblast101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 20:36   Link #379
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowblast101 View Post
Sorry, I'm not seeing it.
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 21:23   Link #380
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowblast101 View Post
If that's how I'm making my money, I'd shout to rooftops too to go to the PS3 store and buy this sucker.

I'd also would be screaming in the background to SONY to get their asses in gear and get that store up and running before 9/2008.

Tags
bones