AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-19, 21:37   Link #241
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

We used to see Skyfall around pretty often in the past...

Can we vote for ourselves to be Mods however?
Old 2009-08-19, 22:54   Link #242
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

I think that Moonrir keeps an eye on these threads quite enough.

But... if we have tochoose a new mod, I think I would vote for either Keroko, Low Gear or ghazghkull
Old 2009-08-20, 04:09   Link #243
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Well, like I said before, CYOAs should be in a social group, not a thread. Much more easier to maintain that way.
Social groups also hardly ever get visited or used at all, in my experience. Making it really not much better than our current situation.
Old 2009-08-20, 09:27   Link #244
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

True, but it doesn't look like we're gonna get a thread created for it. I think if people liked Tempest's CYOA that much, they're gonna visit the group regularly like they do with the FFT. This forum's regulars seem pretty good in that regard.
Old 2009-08-20, 10:58   Link #245
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

One difficulty with Social Groups is that not only are they infrequently visited, but new folks won't be able to see it / find it without someone pointing them in the right direction. This pretty much cuts away the lurkers and first-timers from seeing anything.

BTW: I'm writing that damn update, but real life slows me down.
Old 2009-08-22, 16:58   Link #246
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Social groups also hardly ever get visited or used at all, in my experience. Making it really not much better than our current situation.
only because you guys never post there
Old 2009-08-22, 22:13   Link #247
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
only because you guys never post there
That speaks volumes about traffic, don't you think?
Old 2009-08-23, 00:32   Link #248
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Actually social groups are not that hrad to "find", you could add the link on your sig (the same way people of the OC and FF thread links to their compilation of works)

We at the Artists Alike and From Afar social group have drawing contests every month and there are always new people around (the last 2 months were'nt because of vacations and finals).

But in any case, didn't you people had alredy a social grouop for fan works of Nanoha? (It was Outer Cadia or Knights of the Saint Church I think)
Old 2009-10-27, 12:28   Link #249
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

A Nanoha videogame for the Sony PSP has been confirmed.

The game is gonna be based on Nanoha A's

Maybe we should have a thread for that.
Old 2009-10-27, 12:53   Link #250
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Dunno, so far all the debate on that has been in the Merchandise thread, and there hasn't been much debate on the game at all.
Old 2009-11-05, 12:45   Link #251
Dr. Casey

I think we forgot to make a thread for Strikers 18.

http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdis...er=desc&page=2

It's not grouped with the others.
Old 2009-11-08, 05:46   Link #252
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
I think we forgot to make a thread for Strikers 18.

http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdis...er=desc&page=2

It's not grouped with the others.
Forgive the ignorance, but who or what is Strikers 18?

Btw, if enough Nanoha-fans do want the PSP game thread, it can still be made... well unless one such exist already in the Game Section of the forum. Then all I'll need to do is relocate.
Old 2009-11-08, 05:48   Link #253
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Forgive the ignorance, but who or what is Strikers 18?
I think he means a "Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 18 Discussion / Poll" thread, like all the other MGLN StrikerS episodes got.

I personally don't see a reason to have one anyway though since the series is done and over with.

Old 2009-11-08, 05:52   Link #254
monir
cho~ kakkoii

With 748 posts in the thread, that's hardly the case.
Old 2009-11-20, 19:05   Link #255
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
To assist people in finding particular answers, I'd like to request a sticky thread, for links regarding Nanoha-verse information, such as the following:

http://asnano.wordpress.com/2007/10/...dvd-1-booklet/

It would help new people if there was a particular thread, with limited posting rights, for the addition of informative links like this. A sort of quick and easy way to help new people find information and answer questions.

If a new thread may not be possible, how about adding such links to the first post of the Q&A thread?
Old 2009-11-27, 16:21   Link #256
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
To assist people in finding particular answers, I'd like to request a sticky thread, for links regarding Nanoha-verse information, such as the following:

http://asnano.wordpress.com/2007/10/...dvd-1-booklet/

It would help new people if there was a particular thread, with limited posting rights, for the addition of informative links like this. A sort of quick and easy way to help new people find information and answer questions.

If a new thread may not be possible, how about adding such links to the first post of the Q&A thread?
I think its a good idea. I should also point out the difficulty with such thread which is the effort required to keep at it. If you think you are up to it, or know someone who has such enthusiasm, then feel free to start things up with an opening post, and I'll create the thread for you.
Old 2009-11-28, 00:58   Link #257
hideki101
Bored out of his mind...

Um, does anyone else think a character discussion thread to be a good idea? I mean recently in the manga thread, we went into a discussion about Fate, and I kinda felt that it went off the topic of the thread, but I couldn't see any other thread where we could have directed the discussion.
Old 2009-11-28, 04:12   Link #258
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

I'd support the suggestion if it wasn't for the massive amount of main characters atm. I don't see it being fair and possible honestly.

Old 2009-11-28, 08:17   Link #259
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Can we group them into by seasons? Like say ViVid Character Discussion, StrikerS Character Discussion...?
Old 2009-11-28, 14:05   Link #260
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I think its a good idea. I should also point out the difficulty with such thread which is the effort required to keep at it. If you think you are up to it, or know someone who has such enthusiasm, then feel free to start things up with an opening post, and I'll create the thread for you.
I'd like to do that (not sure if there is a way to make just me a moderator of a particular thread, or if you had something else in mind). Anyway, for a first post, I'd like to do the below:

--------------------------

Since Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha is one of those "All there in the manual" type of series, this thread will be for actual direct links to various explanatory aspects. Note that it's not for interpretation discussion, just direct links that newcomers can go to look up information.

It is assumed that you have watched the three seasons of the anime, and read the manga. You can read the various manga and Sound Stage translations here:
MGLN A's - takes place from the end of TV season 1 and goes through A's
MGLN StrikerS - takes place from the end of season 2 and covers the time gap between Season 2 and 3
MGLN ViVid - takes place 4 years after Season 3 StrikerS
Magical War Chronicle Lyrical Nanoha Force - takes place 6 years after Season 3 StrikerS
MGLN Sound Stages - these are transcript translations of the audio only CD releases, which cover a wide range of time, starting from Season 1 and all the way through season 3.

As for other links, I'd like to start with the following:

Nanoha Wikia(feel free to add information to this as well)
Nanoha Wikipedia entry

Translated info taken from the various DVD booklets included with the series. The lists below each link, detail what each link talks about.
  • A's DVD 1 booklet - Linker cores, Shamal's Telepathy and Mirror of Travels
  • A's DVD 3 booklet - Dimensional Travel
  • A's DVD 4 booklet - Cards and Unison devices
  • A's DVD 5 booklet - Dialogue within Internal Space
  • A's DVD 6 booklet - Eternal Coffin and Arc-en-Ciel
  • Striker's 1 DVD booklet - AMF, Freezing Breath, Devices, Divine Buster Extension, Ground Battlefield Simulator, Mage Rank Examination, Magic, Mana Conversion Effinity[Electricity], Reconnaissance Magic, Reinforce II, Shooting Arts, Soft Support [Weichstütze], Steel Yoke, Knuckle-duster, Speerschneiden, The Yagami family
  • Strikers DVD 3 booklet(part 1) - A mage’s diet, AMF Concentration, Cartridge Barrels, Dragon Soul Summon, Kerykeion, Output Limiter / Ability restriction, Relic, Relic Weapon, Saint Church, Special Care Center, Bardiche Assault & Barrier Jacket ・ Impulse Form, Magic defences, Raising Heart Exelion & Barrier Jacket ・ Aggressor Mode, Storm Raider, Summoner tribes, Reinforce II Knight’s Garb & The Book of the Azure Sky, Variable Barret
  • Strikers DVD 3 booklet(part 2) - Accumulatory Cannonfire, Shoot Barret – Barret F, Bombardment Magic, Panzerschild, Phantom Blazer, Summoning Magic

If you have a link that's NOT to the anime or manga, but is an "official" source, please post here. This is also NOT for advertisements to upcoming things, or merchandise. Only for direct information about how things in the Nanoha universe work or are organized. Prefer translated sources; if you have a raw, there are people all over the net who can do translations (and some here who might do it for you). Even if you have a raw, it can be helpful as there are babelfish translations that can be done.

Also stating that this is not for discussion, as there are various discussion threads below. I'd like to keep this thread neat and clean with just direct links that new fans can go to for information and study.

If your question isn't answered here, and you've watched the anime and read the manga, then feel free to ask in the Q&A thread.

Last edited by Kaijo; 2009-12-01 at 13:02.
Closed Thread