Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-24, 16:53   Link #1101
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Lydia is creepy. Always watching my bed, always. An entire room full of chairs and benches, but she is always in my room, watching my bed. Even when I'm sleeping, she's watching. Watching and eating, watching and eating.
Yeah... she is very... err... dutyfull... being a housecarl.

As a Dark Elf, I thought Brelyna is a nice choice, her being a companion and a store owner and all.

But she's also a little wierd, she always thinks she's in the Collage.
Oh and she never seems to sleep. I once watched her a whole day and it seems she really loves to sit on different chairs and brew stuff at alchemy tables.
Old 2011-11-24, 17:22   Link #1102
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Er... I keep restarting with a new character ... wish there was a way to skip the starting nonsense and just drop into character creation until I settle on something I want to spend hours and hours with...
Save the game before the guard asks the "who are you" question, then just load that save whenever you want to create a new one.

Quote:
Also.... originally I was planning on running a mage-thief and a whack'n'slash but the game save function doesn't seem to be robust enough to make that easy (like it was for Dragon Age, etc).
*tilts head* F5 seems to work fine for me. Could you tell me where exactly you have problems?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 17:28   Link #1103
Who

Probably talking about how you have to make a hard save if you want to make a new character. Skyrim doesn't differentiate between new file saves the way DA does.

Vexx, get a save manager, if you have PC.
http://skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=15
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 17:38   Link #1104
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

How doesn't it differentiate? There's a timestamp, a screenshot and everything.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 18:01   Link #1105
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

A must see , so much laugh :

-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 18:08   Link #1106
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
How doesn't it differentiate? There's a timestamp, a screenshot and everything.
Well, for me, it wrote over one of the characters I made without realizing after quick/autosaving so much. They're all lumped together. *shrug*
Old 2011-11-24, 19:50   Link #1107
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
So I'm at 21 and pretty much finished the companions and cured myself of the werewolf since I didn't bothered much with it.

And i'm in the Riftan area partaking of the Thief guild and I've spoken with the Greybeards.

Just wondering, if I were to do a new game do I have to start at whiterun or after helgen could I take a carriage and start in Riftan or other areas if I wanted to focus on mage or thief builds?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 21:57   Link #1108
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

I married Aela. She later surprised me by earning quite a lot of money despite being constantly with me on my travels in the middle of nowhere. I guess she is selling her wares to the passing strangers or something.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 22:36   Link #1109
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieHond View Post
i thought she couldnt die i saw her flying in the air 15 times and don't die :P
Don't die? You must be joking....

People were complaining on fireball...In my case i specifically told her to wait outside. Then while i'm sneaking in and sneak-shotting the bandit with my bow, after the first shot didn't kill him, my second sneak shot striked Lydia on the head when she rushed out to help. And the game stated it was x3 damage sneak shot, and the next things i know , i no longer can "talk" to her but it is "Search Lydia" instead...

I want to keep her at home, but now she basically wait outside with Frost (my horse), just so she can carry my stuffs if i have to carry too many things

PS: which tree is the invisible spell belongs to? Illusions?
Old 2011-11-24, 22:42   Link #1110
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

I was playing with a very small bounty on my head (10 gold, lol), and the guards that bumped into me only trew me a line saying: "I know you". I kept ignoring them for a while when suddenly one forced a conversation with me and told me to pay or else.....

Are the bounties always time based, where you are eventually forced to pay regardless of amount?
Old 2011-11-24, 23:11   Link #1111
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post

People were complaining on fireball...In my case i specifically told her to wait outside. Then while i'm sneaking in and sneak-shotting the bandit with my bow, after the first shot didn't kill him, my second sneak shot striked Lydia on the head when she rushed out to help. And the game stated it was x3 damage sneak shot, and the next things i know , i no longer can "talk" to her but it is "Search Lydia" instead...

I want to keep her at home, but now she basically wait outside with Frost (my horse), just so she can carry my stuffs if i have to carry too many things

PS: which tree is the invisible spell belongs to? Illusions?
Ye, Illusion. Edit: I think someone posted something about making your companion stronger, but in general, companion is just not worth it. Especially if you use sneak

Last edited by Izayoi; 2011-11-24 at 23:24.
Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 00:18   Link #1112
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:

Yeah, hopefully there would be a patch released to fix follower levelling (or the lack thereof)
Old 2011-11-25, 01:06   Link #1113
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Er... I keep restarting with a new character ... wish there was a way to skip the starting nonsense and just drop into character creation until I settle on something I want to spend hours and hours with...

Also.... originally I was planning on running a mage-thief and a whack'n'slash but the game save function doesn't seem to be robust enough to make that easy (like it was for Dragon Age, etc).

And yeah, I'm way behind everyone else as the holidays and prep took higher priority.
I do a lot of rerolling too. I just load up a save right before character creation....

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
I just one-hit-sneak-killed an elder dragon lol, and that was after drawing aggro on it. I used the dual wield power attack, no single hand perk aside from 3 levels of the first one, and 40% fortify one-hand enchantment, and shrouded gloves.

Sneak is really powerful, but if you are found, you are dead. I think it's a nice balance. I stand no chance against a dragonpriest or even lesser bosses from upfront (blood dragons and above instantly eat me if I get too close to its front), but I can sneak-kill it with just one power attack.

And with the Steed Stone, I'm having less and less use for Lydia lol.
Apparently the forward power strike perk in 1h affect daggers if you have the silent roll thing. People said you can get 60x backstabs this way....

I feel that skyrim is a completely different game when you play a stealth character as there are a lot of things you can employ such as traps, vision and shadows.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 01:58   Link #1114
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Not like i want to complaint, but isn't marriage in this game... too easy?

Just wanted to try so talked with Aela. And she was like "Are you interested. Cool. Let's do it, you and me...".

It probably takes a longer conversation to invite her for a hunt
Old 2011-11-25, 02:00   Link #1115
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Mods, they'll break and fix everything.

Eventually.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 02:20   Link #1116
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:

Just wanted to try so talked with Aela. And she was like "Are you interested. Cool. Let's do it, you and me...".

You got the god of marriage on your side. No one said it was fair.
Old 2011-11-25, 02:24   Link #1117
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

It's for the continuation of the species! Nothing else matters! Make with the marriage, by the will of Mara!
Old 2011-11-25, 03:09   Link #1118
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:

I kinda agree with you on this... Of course I'm with the development process from the dozens of animes I watched and especially playing Dragon Age and Mass Effect. So that's why I just decide not to marry in this game since it was just too easy, having a necklace around you that says "Hey ladies, I hear you're looking for a strong, tough man like me. Why not be with this man for the rest of your life. Oh yes, I'm definitely befitting of the Old Spice commercial."

Edit: Don't ask where that came from....
Old 2011-11-25, 04:45   Link #1119
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
So I'm at 21 and pretty much finished the companions and cured myself of the werewolf since I didn't bothered much with it.

And i'm in the Riftan area partaking of the Thief guild and I've spoken with the Greybeards.

Just wondering, if I were to do a new game do I have to start at whiterun or after helgen could I take a carriage and start in Riftan or other areas if I wanted to focus on mage or thief builds?
You don't have to do anything in this game. The second the tutorial ends you're on your own. So yeah, get a carriage to Riften (wouldn't recommend the walk) from the get-go if you want. Make sure you have enough coin to bribe the guards to get though, I doubt your speech would be high enough for persuade.

@Risingstar3110 Aela's dialogue on the marriage flag is pretty short compared to the others. They aren't long or anything, but she's a particularly bad example. Ria for example rambles on about how harsh life in Skyrim is etc etc.

----

More and more I'm seeing just how much fun it is to bring a follower for missions/quests, especially if said follower is your significant other. Roleplaying aside, it adds more depth/strategy and less wildly swinging like a madman. Also keeping them alive is so much easier when you smith/enchant them their own full daedric or the like XD
Darkbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 04:50   Link #1120
Who

Has anyone else gotten the Gulum-Ei bug? Can't complete the quest, and thus, Thieves Guild is inaccessible to me now.

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim