AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-20, 13:13   Link #21001
GundamFan0083

Court in shock as Norway gunman describes massacre

http://news.yahoo.com/court-shock-no...--finance.html
Old 2012-04-20, 13:31   Link #21002
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
^ to be honest, most peoples ( if not all) are sorry of the action than they have done, but of the consequence of the said actions.
Yes, but in this case there are two consequences. One is that a person is dead, and another is that he got in trouble. He's not sorry for the former, only the latter.
Old 2012-04-20, 13:41   Link #21003
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I've been kind of mentally labeling the "elitist" faction a variation on the "robber baron" class (ultra-wealthy, Wall St.) in China. Their prime motivation under their rhetoric seems to be aggregation of wealth and power within their inner circle - rules and process be damned. I don't know if that's valid analogy though. Feedback on that?
While the princeling faction could be consider sort of a Chinese ver of blue bloods. These guys were also purge along with their parents by Mao during the 60s. Quite a few of them spend their teen years living in huts, cleaning chamber pots and eating food Americans won't feed their pets. When American talk in abstract way about re-education camps these guy were there literally. When Deng rehabilitated their parents and things got better for them. They still had show they have real ability to get things done. Their family connection open doors but their own ability got them where they are.
Old 2012-04-20, 13:51   Link #21004
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Xellos-_^ has already pointed out a few objections. I'd add that Bo was already in the Politburo and was suspended from that top body on April 10. What Bo was aiming for, apparently, is a seat in the nine-man Politburo Standing Committee, the highest of the highest echelon in the Chinese Communist Party hierarchy. That said, that's still a great summary of events you posted.
Whoops, I keep forgetting those sort of details. But now you mention it the Standing Committee is indeed more major than the Poltiburo, which has way more members.
Old 2012-04-20, 22:05   Link #21005
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Supposed photo of Zimmerman with bloodied injury.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...6pLid%3D153915

Why did he never mention the photo until about two months after the incident. Why did the photo never release until now? If that photo is really him/a real injury, you'd think Zimmerman would have talked about it and revealed it much sooner.

And the photo is probably legit (although you never know if it isn't him or self inflicted injuries to go with a story he'd make up), but let us say that that photo is legit...I still want him to get some jail time.

Why? I'm convinced Trayvon attacked him not because he is just some thug, but because he felt threatened by Zimmerman. Zimmerman probably reached into his pocket, either for his cellphone like he claims, or for his gun, and that would be when Trayvon attacked. Zimmerman created the circumstances for a real problem to occur, and a real problem occurred, and it never would have if he just stayed away from Trayvon like the police told him to. For those very reasons, he should get some punishment.

Also, I just realized, this emerged right when things got pretty bad for Zimmerman, and he was actually arrested and started showing up in court. What if this pic is fake or misleading? It might be a legit pic, but the timing of its release, that is was released when Zimmerman was in hot water, that there was no mention of it beforehand, and how it has taken this long for it to emerge; all that is rather fishy, no?
Old 2012-04-20, 22:54   Link #21006
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi

With so much blood flowing down the back of his head, the police don't even take him to hospital to check his injuries? Who took the photo? Why is it released now? The whole thing just looks suspicious.
Old 2012-04-20, 23:29   Link #21007
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Also, if there is a pic of that, why didn't they take a pic of the busted lip and broken nose, where you could, you know, see Zimmerman's face?
Old 2012-04-20, 23:41   Link #21008
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

they could also use the clothes he wore as evidence as well
Old 2012-04-21, 02:59   Link #21009
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Didn't they already show a pic of his face and it was fine?
Old 2012-04-21, 03:48   Link #21010
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Least you Americans think you're the only ones who have right wingers nutjobs:

This Monday, the province of Alberta - which is kind of like the Canadian equivalent of Texas - is having a provincial election. Indications are the already conservative by Canadian standards Progressive Conservative government will face a stiff challenge from the new Wildrose party, which seems to be taking all the wrong cues from the Tea Party. For your consideration:
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/can...148276205.html

The guy taking shots at the Edmonton school board for opposing homophobic bullying is probably the most distasteful to me, but I feel a special obligation to ridicule Mr. Leech's comment:

"When different community leaders such as a Sikh leader or a Muslim leader speaks, they really speak to their own people in many ways. As a Caucasian, I believe that I can speak to all the community," Leech said on CHKF-FM, a multicultural station in Calgary."

Mr. Leech is running in Calgary. 67% of Calgarians are Christian, 25% have no religious affiliation, and 2.7% are Muslim. In 2010, Calgary became the first major Canadian city to elect a Muslim mayor.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
Old 2012-04-21, 04:26   Link #21011
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Thoses Wildrose are said to be organized pretty much like the federal Conservative party, with all it imply... The Alberta Firewall than thought Steven Harper years ago might become a reality.
Old 2012-04-21, 11:55   Link #21012
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post

This Monday, the province of Alberta - which is kind of like the Canadian equivalent of Texas - is having a provincial election. Indications are the already conservative by Canadian standards Progressive Conservative government will face a stiff challenge from the new Wildrose party, which seems to be taking all the wrong cues from the Tea Party. For your consideration:

The guy taking shots at the Edmonton school board for opposing homophobic bullying is probably the most distasteful to me, but I feel a special obligation to ridicule Mr. Leech's comment:

"When different community leaders such as a Sikh leader or a Muslim leader speaks, they really speak to their own people in many ways. As a Caucasian, I believe that I can speak to all the community," Leech said on CHKF-FM, a multicultural station in Calgary."

Mr. Leech is running in Calgary. 67% of Calgarians are Christian, 25% have no religious affiliation, and 2.7% are Muslim. In 2010, Calgary became the first major Canadian city to elect a Muslim mayor.
I'd be laughing my head off because that quote sounds like something out of Monty Python --- but the idiot Mr. Leech .... wow, that sounds like something from the late 19th Century ("white manifest destiny" garbage).
Old 2012-04-21, 12:00   Link #21013
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post

if Canada goes to the dark side where do we run to now?
Old 2012-04-21, 12:01   Link #21014
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

You have to stop running.
Old 2012-04-21, 12:20   Link #21015
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
if Canada goes to the dark side where do we run to now?
If you are talking on a individual point of view, maybe to the UK, as a country I can't really say.
Old 2012-04-21, 12:39   Link #21016
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

The UK?

No country is free of darkness.
Old 2012-04-21, 15:15   Link #21017
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

'Amazing' kitty gets legs reversed, new lease on life

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/04...lized-surgery\

Old 2012-04-21, 16:05   Link #21018
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
The UK?

No country is free of darkness.
To be fair I think the BNP is seen as more of a running gag than an actual political party. We have more to worry about from the opposite spectrum (the Respect Party) than we do about them. I suppose it is worth noting the EDL but I think they're seen as a bit of a running gag too, what with whole twitter response to "creepingsharia".

But if the UK goes down then Malta will be my contingency plan...
Old 2012-04-21, 17:18   Link #21019
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Vast Mexico Bribery Case Hushed Up by Wal-Mart After Top-Level Struggle
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/22/bu...-silenced.html
Old 2012-04-21, 17:54   Link #21020
AnimeFan188

Gainax Co-Founder Okada Shares Thoughts on Illegal Copying

"In a recent episode of his online talk show on the Nico Nico Douga video-streaming
service, Gainax co-founder and former president Toshio Okada (known in anime
circles as "Otaking") shared his thoughts on the topic of illegal copying. A user wrote
in to ask, "I am content with just downloading illegal copies of anime and games.
What do you think about this?""

See:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...llegal-copying
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international