AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-29, 16:37   Link #2481
Marower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr Valein View Post
I'm pretty sure it was from the very end. I only watched the movie once so I don't really have a good memory of it.
Yep, from the very end of the movie. We never know what it really is. Could just be a magic transformation of Gekko-Go for whatever the reason.

Marower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 17:52   Link #2482
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

I like E7:AO but I can also understand a lot of the problems people have with it. Hopefully it all makes sense when it's all said and done.
Old 2012-09-29, 18:00   Link #2483
cero_86

with Renton's appearance and his VA choice, it feels like the end of rahxephon all over again...
cero_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 18:01   Link #2484
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by cero_86 View Post
with Renton's appearance and his VA choice, it feels like the end of rahxephon all over again...
Well he is voiced by Zen Fudo. lol
Old 2012-09-29, 19:52   Link #2485
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
The Scub in AO came from another universe as seen with Eureka and the Gekko. Renton as seen is traveling universe to universe looking for his family and solution to the crisis affecting the multiverse. He was on the Pocketful of Rainbows universe 10,000 years later. Saying another world died as the Scub broke past the quarantine.

The reason why the Scub are infecting people resulting to Coralian carriers is Naru's fault. The Scub Coral showed their history to Naru but she only saw what she wanted to see much like Elena. Naru was Patient Zero because she was there when the Scub tried to co-opt a Secret. The Scub didn't mean to infect Naru. Naru wanted everybody to be the same for Ao not to be discriminated against. Yes she pulled an X-Men movie Magneto. But she did not fathom the mistake of what she has done until it was too late. Now Truth can harm those Coralian carriers by increasing the Trapar.
That's nicely put

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
I like E7:AO but I can also understand a lot of the problems people have with it. Hopefully it all makes sense when it's all said and done.
Same here.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 20:37   Link #2486
Raincollie
A certain collie of rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Where is that dove ship from? I don't remember seeing it in the movie.
Renton and Eureka watched it approaching them in through sky at that last scene where Eureka has lost her memory / speech ability.
Again, so far I've only heard of people saying that it's probably just symbolization of "the flood is over", just like in Noah's Ark. That orange bar on its 'beak' is supposed to be the olive branch. However, it seems like there's more into it now.

On a different note, are there any ideas around on whether the Nirvash we see with Renton is the actual real Nirvash from Kokyoshihen (or perhaps the Spec V from Poketto ga Niji de Ippai) or just another one of Renton's newer creations?
Raincollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 20:51   Link #2487
Kmos

Aww crud, the Eureka movie is relevant to try to understand AO? I skipped the movie cause I remember people saying to skip it, thought it was a rehash of the series like a bunch of anime movies. I've got to find the time to re-watch the old series, movie, then AO to sort it out?
The enjoyment of AO is diminishing fast not only cause of puzzling out how the original series (and I guess movie?) is tied to AO. I also dislike some things like others, Truth is a huge one, and more but I don't want to start on anything.
Kmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 21:17   Link #2488
zeroron

Kokyoshihen and pocket ful of rainbows are the same thing bro
zeroron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 22:01   Link #2489
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmos View Post
Aww crud, the Eureka movie is relevant to try to understand AO? I skipped the movie cause I remember people saying to skip it, thought it was a rehash of the series like a bunch of anime movies. I've got to find the time to re-watch the old series, movie, then AO to sort it out?
The enjoyment of AO is diminishing fast not only cause of puzzling out how the original series (and I guess movie?) is tied to AO. I also dislike some things like others, Truth is a huge one, and more but I don't want to start on anything.
You don't need to have seen the movie. These are just visual references. They have no bearing on the plot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raincollie View Post
On a different note, are there any ideas around on whether the Nirvash we see with Renton is the actual real Nirvash from Kokyoshihen (or perhaps the Spec V from Poketto ga Niji de Ippai) or just another one of Renton's newer creations?
That Nirvash was organic. This one's clearly a machine.
Old 2012-09-29, 22:20   Link #2490
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Hopefully it all makes sense when it's all said and done.
With only two episodes left? I sure hope so unless Bones plans to announce a second season at the end of ep 24.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 22:53   Link #2491
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
The Scub in AO came from another universe as seen with Eureka and the Gekko. Renton as seen is traveling universe to universe looking for his family and solution to the crisis affecting the multiverse. He was on the Pocketful of Rainbows universe 10,000 years later. Saying another world died as the Scub broke past the quarantine.

The reason why the Scub are infecting people resulting to Coralian carriers is Naru's fault. The Scub Coral showed their history to Naru but she only saw what she wanted to see much like Elena. Naru was Patient Zero because she was there when the Scub tried to co-opt a Secret. The Scub didn't mean to infect Naru. Naru wanted everybody to be the same for Ao not to be discriminated against. Yes she pulled an X-Men movie Magneto. But she did not fathom the mistake of what she has done until it was too late. Now Truth can harm those Coralian carriers by increasing the Trapar.
If they had explained this way sooner it could've saved us so much needless guess work...
Old 2012-09-30, 14:10   Link #2492
Xagzan

Ao and Naru alone together. Wonder if something good will happen between them

"It's like you've been my older sister..."

Ao used Neesan-zoning!!!

"Ao and I will grow old together!"

It's not very effective...

Anyway, I haven't seen the movie, so I have no idea what people are referencing regarding it. And that Nirvash of Renton's can't be the one from ep 50 of the show right? I thought that one disappeared.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 16:49   Link #2493
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Ao and Naru alone together. Wonder if something good will happen between them

"It's like you've been my older sister..."

Ao used Neesan-zoning!!!

"Ao and I will grow old together!"

It's not very effective...

Anyway, I haven't seen the movie, so I have no idea what people are referencing regarding it. And that Nirvash of Renton's can't be the one from ep 50 of the show right? I thought that one disappeared.
The ship that was a wreck is called the Megaroad an emigration ship... No not Megaroad-01, this isn't Macross.

Difference between the Eureka 7 TV series and Pocketful of Rainbows most prominently is it's setting.

It is set not at 2005 (12005 AD) but 2057 AD. The Megaroad as built as an Ark for 20,000 to escape Earth and find a new world as Humans were loosing to aliens known as Image.

That sounds very familiar is similar to the human exodus in Eureka 7 tv series.

Here is the clincher. Pocketful of Rainbows is explicitly an alternate universe as the E7 Earth and defaced Moon are seen from some rip in the fabric of space-time.

Renton is on Pocketful of Rainbows Earth less than 10,000 years later as the date is 12020 AD. Renton saying this world was also destroyed as the Scub broke the quarantine. Not only is there a wreck of the Megaroad but the Moon doesn't have the heart with Renton and Eureka's names on it.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 16:50   Link #2494
miketyson

ReddyRedWolf: is there some kind of online source you can point me to with that information about that ship? Is it sourced from one of the guidebooks or something?
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 19:27   Link #2495
Raincollie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroron View Post
Kokyoshihen and pocket ful of rainbows are the same thing bro
Chigauu, chigauu!!!~

Kokyo shihen = Psalms of Planets. Pocketto ga niji de ippai = Pocketful of Rainbows.
Old 2012-09-30, 19:36   Link #2496
Graveyard Duck
Bag Giver

Quote:
Kokyo shihen = Psalms of Planets. Pocketto ga niji de ippai = Pocketful of Rainbows.
Quite wrong. Take a look at the official website. Kokyo Shihen precedes the movie title as well. It was only dropped starting with Ao. Quite frankly, E7TV, E7 movie, and E7Ao are shorter shorthands and are more accurate.
Old 2012-09-30, 19:40   Link #2497
Raincollie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard Duck View Post
Quite wrong. Take a look at the official website. Kokyo Shihen precedes the movie title as well. It was only dropped starting with Ao. Quite frankly, E7TV, E7 movie, and E7Ao are shorter shorthands and are more accurate.
Direct translation of 'Kokyo Shihen' from Japanese (Romaji) to English is 'Psalms of Planets'. While it's true that the series was referred to differently, just like you said (and we are not disagreeing, just trying to point out different things), most people refer to E7 Psalms of Planets as 'Kokyo Shihen' in Japanese.
Old 2012-09-30, 21:27   Link #2498
zeroron

Quote:
Direct translation of 'Kokyo Shihen' from Japanese (Romaji) to English is 'Psalms of Planets'. While it's true that the series was referred to differently, just like you said (and we are not disagreeing, just trying to point out different things), most people refer to E7 Psalms of Planets as 'Kokyo Shihen' in Japanese.
just admit you were wrong bro its okay
Old 2012-09-30, 21:43   Link #2499
zeroron

ive got it(haha soundtrack refrence) anyway that nirvash at the end isnt a fake ots a the original type zero spec 3 it evolved probably due to the fact that the scubs were disappeared and need a stronger form to find out the problem also the spec2 might be another achetype retrofitted to look like the spec2...all just a gues but it could be plausible due to the fact that renton already has knowledge of the satori program and amita drive plus a great knowledge of lfo's in general to do it not to mention he does have all the connect like axel,tresuar lab scientist,the digger that hangs out with axel.
Old 2012-09-30, 22:03   Link #2500
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroron View Post
ive got it(haha soundtrack refrence) anyway that nirvash at the end isnt a fake ots a the original type zero spec 3 it evolved probably due to the fact that the scubs were disappeared and need a stronger form to find out the problem also the spec2 might be another achetype retrofitted to look like the spec2...all just a gues but it could be plausible due to the fact that renton already has knowledge of the satori program and amita drive plus a great knowledge of lfo's in general to do it not to mention he does have all the connect like axel,tresuar lab scientist,the digger that hangs out with axel.
The spec 3 at the end was organic. This spec V is not. It wouldn't make sense for an organic frame to evolve into a robot.

Tags
harem, mecha, romance, science fiction, shounen