AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2008-12-15, 15:01   Link #241
jfs
Aegisub dev

Probably related to the font if anything, there shouldn't be anything special about 't'.

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 17:11   Link #242
Koroku
formerly JKaizer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Koroku Send a message via MSN to Koroku Send a message via Yahoo to Koroku
It's happened with nearly all of the fonts that I've tried, which is the weird thing.

I always kinda figured that it wasn't reading the width of the font right.
Old 2008-12-20, 07:45   Link #243
Hommitt

good day

after reinstalling Windows, i have this problem:
when i try to load d2v (demuxed dvd with PgcEdit, then parsed m2v with dgindex) file in aegisub, it says

i have installed latest CCCP, CoreAVC, Power DVD 6, avisynth 2.5.7, so everything outside of aegisub plays fine. it even can load m2v file itself (very slow ofcourse, and for some reason crahed after this)
what should i do?

[update]
eh...
for whatever reason installing megui solved this. damn.

Last edited by Hommitt; 2008-12-20 at 07:55.
Hommitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 12:40   Link #244
jfs
Aegisub dev

MeGUI probably installed dgdecode into your Avisynth Plugins dir, which is then autoloaded and then Aegisub tries to use Mpeg2Source to load the D2V file first. This has always been the case. The reason it didn't work before was that dgdecode wasn't available and Aegisub couldn't find its DLL to load.

Old 2008-12-28, 14:07   Link #245
Calan

I got a soundcard/videocard (I believe it does hardware video decoding, so it's not really a videocard, but it's designed for HTPCs with integrated graphics that can't decode h264 etc. and then of course it's also a soundcard), installed the drivers, and now aegisub won't show video. Reinstalled aegisub, reinstalled cccp, no such luck. Audio plays fine, but no video. Video+audio play fine in MPC, etc, so I can't think what it could be.

inb4 "aegisub isn't a video player" and "remove ur soundcard"
Calan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 14:49   Link #246
jfs
Aegisub dev

You need to be a bit more specific IMO.

What make (and model) is the actual graphics chip? Is is NVidia, ATI, Intel, S3, Matrox or whatever?
Does Aegisub crash? Does it display errors but not crash? Does it display garbage? Or does it just display nothing at all?

Old 2008-12-28, 20:07   Link #247
Calan

Got it fixed with some help. Was told my opengl might've got broken, so reinstalled graphics card's drivers and that seemed to do the trick.
Calan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-31, 00:13   Link #248
timgorden11

I've been having some problems playing a WMV9 video in Aegisub, it's really slow playing the video, it plays in jumps of about .02 seconds for the video while the audio plays in real time.

The weird thing is that i was working on the exact same video about a week ago with absolutely no problems it all played fine.

A few days ago i formatted my computer, but I'm pretty sure I've reinstalled all the stuff that i need.

Is there some setting in Aegisub that i changed last time that I've forgotten to change this time or something?

Thanks
timgorden11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-31, 05:17   Link #249
jfs
Aegisub dev

My best recommendation is "don't use WMV".
But since it sounds like a problem with seeking (ie. getting the right frame at the right time) it's probably related to container. So what container is the video in? (AVI, MKV, WMV, something else?)

Old 2008-12-31, 05:39   Link #250
timgorden11

It's in a .avi container, but it's working fine now. I just updated my version of Aegisub to the latest and it's working fine again.

Weird that it wouldn't work for the older version i had cos that was the same version i was using to work on it before the format, oh well.
timgorden11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-03, 10:05   Link #251
Emess
Slower Than You

Send a message via AIM to Emess Send a message via MSN to Emess Send a message via Yahoo to Emess
Probably something like ffmpegsource or whatever other video provider you were using changed after the format.

E~
Emess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 10:06   Link #252
Zwill
Young Padawan
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Zwill
Hi

I've got some styling/playback problems witch I managed to solve, but I'd like to know, what causes it.

I've been styling ef - a tale of memories. and I made some screenshots:

BDRip01
BDRip02
DVDRip01
DVDRip02

The BDRips are at 1920x1080 resulution and the DVDRips at 704x480 so it's anamorphic, but for some reason the subtitles are deformed with the anamorphic vid and kinda misplaced... I wonder what causes this and if it can be solved than how?

btw here's the script.

The 2 issued place are at 3:08 and 12:16 and it's hungarian so don't try to understand^^ Well I managed to solve these ones, with another replacement, and I added a \N to the TL note and changed the blocks size to \fs62 but thats all. The deformed subtitles still exists.

I'm using the latest CCCP with MPC HC.
Zwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 10:17   Link #253

that's because the resolution is too low for the whole line to display without breaking, adjust the font size, the margin, or use the wrapping style override tag
or you can replace the box behind with vector shape

anyway, 704x400 isn't anamorphic
50119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 10:34   Link #254
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50119 View Post
that's because the resolution is too low for the whole line to display without breaking, adjust the font size, the margin, or use the wrapping style override tag
or you can replace the box behind with vector shape

anyway, 704x400 isn't anamorphic
this person has absolutely no idea what it is talking about and needs to be ignored

To answer the actual question, it's because subtitles are drawn before anamorphic stretching and are stretched together with the image when it's stretched to the proper resolution. This will of course lead to a deformation and since 1.5:1 (720x480) is a lot less wide than 16:9 (1920x1080) is, subtitle lines will be auto-linebroken at the edges of the frame in places where they would still fit on a wider image.

To compensate for this you simply need to calculate by how much the image is stretched when AR compensation is applied and set a corresponding scale factor in the style. In this case it'd be
Code:
704 / (16 / 9) = 396
396 / 480 = 0.825
so you'd set ScaleX to 82.5% to compensate for the stretching of the image.

See also the Aegisub manual: http://aegisub.cellosoft.com/docs/Vi...amorphic_video
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 11:23   Link #255
Zwill
Young Padawan
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Zwill
THX a lot, you "said" the magical words I've been looking for.
Zwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 00:49   Link #256
Jimmy C

I have a slight color problem with Aegisub. I choose a color as the primary color for a style in Aegisub. Yet, when I play the mkv using mpc, it comes out as a different color. I tried the subs as external and muxed in with the same results. I have VSFilter installed.
Here's what the style looks like in Aegisub,

The style I'm having trouble with is the one used by the "episode 5" line and the title below it. It's supposed to be a close match for the japanese title as you can see. I also included the color picker screen for this color in case it'll help.

Here's what it looks like when I play it using mpc.

As you can see, it no longer matches the color of the japanese title like it did in Aegisub. I'm annoyed that all the trouble I went through to match colors was wasted.
Can anyone tell me how to fix or get around this problem?
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 02:00   Link #257
checkers
Part 8
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to checkers
without looking too closely, I'm guessing colourspace mismatch. Check out the avisynth external filter colormatrix(), you can use that to get the right colour to match.
checkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 02:20   Link #258
Jimmy C

Where do I find that? By the way, I didn't encode these, so I don't have source-level information.
Old 2009-01-18, 03:45   Link #259
guest0815

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Where do I find that?
http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/Extern...oma_correction
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=82217
http://bengal.missouri.edu/~kes25c/
http://bengal.missouri.edu/~kes25c/ColorMatrixv23.zip
guest0815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 04:29   Link #260
Jimmy C

If I read those links correctly, that colormatrix thing is for encoding, is that correct? If so, that's not going to help because I don't have the resources to reencode the videos. Any other suggestions?

Tags
aegisub, help thread