Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-12-28, 00:11   Link #2581
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakusukira View Post
hideous? the quality was amazing for its time. the fight scenes were one of the best I've seen

i think you're talking about the reused scenes...
Think he was saying in 2001 there could have been even better quality, like in the mid-90's before the tech-bubble in Toyko popped...SEED used alot of rinky-dink animation cell movements (which I still enjoyed), but Gundam had shown in 8th MS Team a few years earlier that epic animation is still possible for Gundam...It was still good, but Hisashi Hirai and his "just switch the wigs" character designs weren't exactly high level stuff (again, I still had no probs with that)...There was alot of stuff in the 90's that murders SEED animation, but with their budget it got the job done (And to be fair like most anime there are eps here and there that have outstanding values), but this remaster is really an improvement...I hear some people saying they don't see much difference, I think that's insane...It's so much smoother and brighter...Go DL an old fansub SEED ep, now that ish ...
Old 2011-12-28, 00:38   Link #2582
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Yeah. I have my old episodes and saw a comparison, it's much smoother than the old ones. even at 480p the animation for the remaster is great, I'll be waiting for the 720p broadcast and see what's really up.
Old 2011-12-28, 00:42   Link #2583
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
The last 5 minutes of this episode is incredibly well done.
A giant machine ominously coming to life, slowly standing up, surrounded by fire and explosions. Accurately captured in close/medium shots, well composed and seamlessly edited. All of this is supported by great mechanical sound fx and and all sorts of ambient noises while a perfectly timed piano/violin slowly builds up in the background... Textbook!! Future Gundam directers should take note here. This is how you introduce a fuc*ing Gundam!
Unicorn almost got that right. Epic and unforgettable gundam introduction.
Old 2011-12-28, 00:50   Link #2584
winter45

Quote:
If the budget was insufficient then they shouldn't have commissioned this project. I just think that their most successful show since the original Gundam deserves better treatment than this.
I would like to ask you what were you expecting from this remaster? From reading other forums im seeing amongst a vocal group of disappointment in regards to what expectations they may have with this re-release.

Im a little loss tbh.. im not a seed fan (except stargazer) but i am curios on what peeps are disappointed about, when i would imagine having a seed show project would incite a massive praise regardless of what condition of content is released.

If peeps are expecting a unicorn quality animation no offense dont kid yourself with that high of expectation.
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 01:42   Link #2585
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
If peeps are expecting a unicorn quality animation no offense dont kid yourself with that high of expectation.
Precisely this. I'm keeping my expectations low, at the moment, because I'm only after the quality of the re-release to HD. Also, I don't have a DVD set so I'm kinda wanting to buy the BD.
Old 2011-12-28, 02:00   Link #2586
HasuMasu
*Artist

I guess I'm the only one who didn't notice the re-used scenes.
Old 2011-12-28, 03:06   Link #2587
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
hideous? the quality was amazing for its time. the fight scenes were one of the best I've seen

i think you're talking about the reused scenes...
The Animation quality is the lacking part, Seed had a HUGE budget, but due to bad planning and stupidity most of that budget went to securing licenses and paying the VA's.

There is nothing wrong wit hthe choreography, it's pretty decent even if there is a few still-images in the show, that's nothing bad, later part does suffer from stock footage but it's not that bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter45 View Post
I would like to ask you what were you expecting from this remaster? From reading other forums im seeing amongst a vocal group of disappointment in regards to what expectations they may have with this re-release.

Im a little loss tbh.. im not a seed fan (except stargazer) but i am curios on what peeps are disappointed about, when i would imagine having a seed show project would incite a massive praise regardless of what condition of content is released.

i wouldn't call myself disapointed, it's a remaster, what i'm hoping for later in the show is the removal of the rainbow burst stockfootage and the addition of new scenes to take it's place, overall Seed is a decent show but its reusing of stock footage towards the end is somewhat of a downer
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 03:28   Link #2588
monster

Quote:
If the budget was insufficient then they shouldn't have commissioned this project. I just think that their most successful show since the original Gundam deserves better treatment than this.
Well, I'm sure they did it now because it's nearly the 10-year anniversary of SEED. Assuming that there will not be anymore new CE shows, this may be their last major attempt to cash in on SEED while there may still be fans of this show that would care enough to give them more money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
The Animation quality is the lacking part, Seed had a HUGE budget, but due to bad planning and stupidity most of that budget went to securing licenses and paying the VA's.
Considering I didn't really mind the visuals, while at the same time I very much enjoyed the soundtrack, I'd say they spent their money decently.
Quote:
There is nothing wrong wit hthe choreography, it's pretty decent even if there is a few still-images in the show, that's nothing bad, later part does suffer from stock footage but it's not that bad.
I actually like some of the still images, like during the Strike-Aegis duel. Along with the accompanying music and their glowing eyes, those still images really made that battle enjoyable for me.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 03:32   Link #2589
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Well, I'm sure they did it now because it's nearly the 10-year anniversary of SEED. Assuming that there will not be anymore new CE shows, this may be their last major attempt to cash in on SEED while there may still be fans of this show that would care enough to give them more money. Considering I didn't really mind the visuals, while at the same time I very much enjoyed the soundtrack, I'd say they spent their money decently. I actually like some of the still images, like during the Strike-Aegis duel. Along with the accompanying music and their glowing eyes, those still images really made that battle enjoyable for me.
Oh, the old Aegis vs Strike battle, i hope they don't reanimate that one. i do bet they are going to toss in the Special edition Tohru/Tolle death though.

there was alot of QUALITY moments in Seed aswell, but that happens in every show sometimes, then again, Seed suffered from Hiraiface.

Seed did have a Great OST, fully agree with you there!
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 03:49   Link #2590
winter45

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Well, I'm sure they did it now because it's nearly the 10-year anniversary of SEED. Assuming that there will not be anymore new CE shows, this may be their last major attempt to cash in on SEED while there may still be fans of this show that would care enough to give them more money.
On the same wavelengths here... I see it as a business move to grab as much $$$ and move on to other non Seed projects. Unfortunately tiny minority of peeps here and other forums are in the notion that depending on success will guarantee another Seed series or movie in a very near future.

With age and unicorn and the rumored new tomino work named origin currently happening or in the works, i cant really see another Seed major project within 2 years.

Last edited by winter45; 2011-12-28 at 04:32.
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 08:55   Link #2591
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter45 View Post
With age and unicorn and the rumored new tomino work named origin currently happening or in the works, i cant really see another Seed major project within 2 years.
Umm... Tomino's new project is codenamed G-Reko. That's completely different from the Gundam the Origin anime adaptation. There's also the "AGE for adults" sidestory that was announced recently.

So, yeah... Gundam's kind of loaded right now.
Old 2011-12-28, 09:31   Link #2592
rakusukira

as much as I want a SEED movie to finally conclude the CE universe (yes, the final plus wasn't enough for me) , I also want to see a direct sequel to Unicorn once it ends.. of course, Banagher and Audrey have to be the main cast (I'm starting to love this pair)

a Tomino project eh?? interesting... more killing then?
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 09:32   Link #2593
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
I also want to see a direct sequel to Unicorn once it ends.. of course, Banagher and Audrey have to be the main cast (I'm starting to love this pair)
I'd rather have a Crossbone Gundam OAV. Let's get out of the OYW-NeoZeon Circlejerk.
Old 2011-12-28, 10:46   Link #2594
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
Oh, the old Aegis vs Strike battle, i hope they don't reanimate that one. i do bet they are going to toss in the Special edition Tohru/Tolle death though.

there was alot of QUALITY moments in Seed aswell, but that happens in every show sometimes, then again, Seed suffered from Hiraiface.

Seed did have a Great OST, fully agree with you there!
"Hiraiface" didn't bother me that much. It's a signature look of the SEED universe; everytime I rewatch Fafner or Scryed, I half-expect Strike or Freedom to appear.
Old 2011-12-28, 12:18   Link #2595
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Well if it's anything comparable to DBZ Kai, then that'll be great...Sometimes addition by subtraction works aswell...Looking at the old animation of SEED, getting the George Lucas treatment is gonna do alot for those battles (Smoothness being #1 improvement area I can see)...I also hope there are slight dialogue changes in certain places if it's effective (Something Kai did very well), although that's doubtful...
Agreed. I didnīt really notice the change in smoothness since I was busy looking for new scenes . But after reading about in here and comparing it myself, yeah. Just that and the improved picture quality will make the blu-ray release worth buying for me.

//
IMHO the most important change Destiny needed was a more decisive Athrun. Just by returning Athrun to himself would be a huge improvement. As in he wouldnīt have gotten Savior' ed and he wouldnīt let Shinn get away with being a total ass. Athrun is the king of the hill despite the fact that Kira and Shinn are the main characters in SEED and Destiny.

Another change I personally would have enjoyed would have been if Kira surrendered to the crew of Minerva. Instead of plotholing it down it would have been interesting to see the interaction if Kira, after allowing the Archangel to escape, surrendered to the crew of Minerva.

Edit//
SEEDs third soundtrack and the third song (tachiagare okori yo?) in the fourth soundtrack rules supreme. The third soundtrack is probably the most listened to CD I have in my collection and tachiagare is my absolute favourite song, all genres included.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 22:56   Link #2596
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
as much as I want a SEED movie to finally conclude the CE universe (yes, the final plus wasn't enough for me)
You say that as if there is one human being who thought Final Plus was watchable, let alone enuff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last hope
Another change I personally would have enjoyed would have been if Kira surrendered to the crew of Minerva. Instead of plotholing it down it would have been interesting to see the interaction if Kira, after allowing the Archangel to escape, surrendered to the crew of Minerva.
You're looking for some holy grail level stuff...I'm just wishing for something like, hmmm, I don't know...Kira actually saying more than one sentence fragment about the guy who beat him while in sickbay after he got IMPULSE'd...Or maybe actually talking to Shinn in-battle instead of firing off his Twitter Tweet telling the Archangel to dive in the ocean before he got IMPULSE'd...You know, normal human in a Gundam stuff...
Old 2011-12-29, 01:00   Link #2597
rakusukira

Quote:
You say that as if there is one human being who thought Final Plus was watchable, let alone enuff...

You're looking for some holy grail level stuff...I'm just wishing for something like, hmmm, I don't know...Kira actually saying more than one sentence fragment about the guy who beat him while in sickbay after he got IMPULSE'd...Or maybe actually talking to Shinn in-battle instead of firing off his Twitter Tweet telling the Archangel to dive in the ocean before he got IMPULSE'd...You know, normal human in a Gundam stuff...
i say more than 1 human being thought FP was watchable ..
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 01:01   Link #2598
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Was he a Natural or a Coordinator?
Old 2011-12-29, 01:15   Link #2599
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
^Was he a Natural or a Coordinator?
Probably an Extendid.