AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-06-21, 16:23   Link #21
antediluvian
Before the Deluge

A few years back I saw something across the yard that disturbed me. I was sitting in the same position I am now. And you know what I saw? I saw myself, across the yard, on the other side of the pond we have. I closed my eyes quickly as though I had something in my eyes, and he was gone. I know it was me on the other side of that pond.

When I was a child, well, this could be on account of being partially deaf and blind(the two went hand in hand for me, I had fluid in my eyes and early 90s doctors couldn't get their shit straight so I was deaf for all intents and purposes, and I also couldn't get a proper eyeglasses prescription because I couldn't hear the optometrist), but after the fluid problem got taken care of, you know what I heard? Buzzing. Frequent buzzing, unrelenting buzzing in my ears, and it was more prevalent during the day than at night. After taking a hearing test, I could hear sounds so low/high on the scale that the doctors thought I was bullshitting them.

And, another moment, well, I was asleep in my room, this was around junior high, our neighbor had just died and he had been a dear friend to our family, the best of friends, and I saw the man's disembodied head floating above my doorway.

And, since I live so close to Bachelor's Grove in Illinois, I used to go there frequently, clean the place up, just get a feel for the atmosphere of the place, and guess what? I saw two great big dogs from the other side of the fence. I felt cobwebs on my face where there were none. And at another cemetery, on a sunny, cloudless day, high noon, the gates to the Cal Sag Cemetery closed on my mom and I. It was so odd. Many members of my family are buried there and it is likely where I too will be buried, but it unnerved me a little.

And, not so creepy and strange, but when I was younger, in first grade, I was overwhelmed with the concept of death. My mom and dad, my brothers and sisters, all my relatives would die one day. I was sobbing hysterically because I didn't think this was right. Nothing had prompted it, no loss in the family, it's just something I realized. My mom coddled me with the thought of heaven where we could all be together again when we pass away, and I believed in God for a time around that age, other moments in my life tore my faith apart and now I have none, but it never gave me any comfort.

Apparently it's odd for kids around the age they'd be going to first grade to have such thoughts.

Last edited by antediluvian; 2012-06-21 at 16:42.
antediluvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 17:53   Link #22
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
It was a night where we were getting our cases signed so that we could pass our requirements for the nursing licensure exams. We finished around 10pm that night at the faculty. I was the only guy in the group of seven when we were about to go home.

We had an open stadium which is kinda dark ( the lightings broken) facing the faculty... As we were around 20 meters from it... I seen something standing on the stage... I ask my friends whether they see it... only one said yes... I tried to look closely then said again... "I think the man's headless"... Everyone were frightened... why? they said they can see it now!

Trying to be cool. I dared them to walk through it together... But we ended up walking around it without looking... We never tried looking back... then we ran to the gate...

I think it was like a "headless priest".
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 18:53   Link #23
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
A toy company began selling "realistic" baby dolls to expectant mothers.

But apparently after the mother had her child the toy baby would start crying. Eventually the "rocking motion" advertised to calm it down wouldn't work, and you couldn't get it to stop without shaking it. Eventually when it started crying the parent would have to beat it, and the beatings and thrashings would have to get harder and harder to get it to be quiet. The only thing that seemed to shut the baby doll up permanently was to bash its head against the wall to destroy whatever mechanism triggered the crying.

On more than one occasion though, neighbors called the authorities to report child abuse, and when the police arrived they found the scattered remains of infants smeared across the walls and the floor.

In most cases the mother couldn't understand why the police were there, she just "got rid of the stupid doll" as she rocked a baby-shaped bundle in her arms.
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 20:41   Link #24
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I just remembered another creepy story. I think the one who told me was the same woman who told the other account. I think she told two accounts of creepy paranormal things one night. Regardless of who it was, I remember the details of the story. I do know a friend of the family that is a woman was telling me and a family member of a paranormal scare that a family she knew experienced.

Anyway, the account: This man, who was a father with a young daughter (about 3 years old), was looking to get a new bed for his daughter. It would be new for them, but he went looking for an old, used bed for his daughter because it'd be at a bargain price. He went to an antique shop and found an old antique bed that was what he needed and was at a good price.

So the daughter gets her new bed and starts sleeping in it. Very soon after this, she started telling her mom and dad that "She is watching me" and the parents just think she is just saying something odd. Kids say the darnedest things and all that. The daughter wasn't worried or scared, so the parents just thought "Maybe she is playing make believe". A couple of days later, the daughter wasn't her happy-go-lucky self and the parents knew something was wrong. So they try to figure out what the daughter was worried about, and she tells them again "She is watching me" and then she tells them "She has a scary voice". She says she heard it in her room, but the parents said there is no scary stranger in their house. They didn't get to the bottom of it that day but the parents had decided to schedule an appointment for a child psychologist as soon as they could. So the next day or a couple of days later, the daughter is crying and in distress and wants mom and dad to help. So the parents really want to get to the bottom of this. The daughter again tells them 'she' is in her room, and then she brings her father to her room. The daughter says she knows who is talking to her now.

So the daughter points to one of the bed posts near the head of the bed. The bed posts have female angels carved on top of them. The daughter said "She says she is going to get me" and she says her voice was really scary when she said it. So the parents are freaked out big time. The daughter sleeps with the parents that night and then they got rid of that old antique bed as soon as they could and they got a new bed for her. After they got rid of that bed, the daughter didn't hear any voices when alone in her room anymore.
Old 2012-06-22, 22:17   Link #25
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ That's worthy of being in 'A Haunting'...for those of us who are unlucky enough to know what that is.
Old 2012-06-23, 18:45   Link #26
Asuras
Dictadere~!

I live in the Bay Area, and me, my friend, and his dad sometimes go camping on Angel Island in San Francisco. The place is pretty nice, with a beach and docks and food stands and all that stuff. But there's also quite a bit of history on it too. For one, an dilapidated WWII hospital is located on it. We've been there twice, as the first time everything was fine. The second time we got there, was the last time we'd ever go.

The hospital itself is multiple stories and divided into buildings. The second floor and upwards is off-limits, and the stairs have been destroyed to prevent people from getting there. A lot of graffiti is painted on the walls, a few of which were ghastly stories and such. I remember reading one, talking about the "Door behind the building." Of course, we were merely skimming the messages, but I recalled that one as soon as the event had occurred.

So, it's starting to become dusk when we visited the hospital on our second visit. The sun is setting behind the horizon, and a cold wind is persistent. Nevertheless, being the adventurers we were, we enjoyed staying at the place during the darker hours. We brought flashlights to see inside the building. Earlier on, a few other groups of people were present, so things weren't quite so scary. But once they had all gone, and we were alone, we began to get a little scared of course. Eventually we went behind the building to see the stairwell to get up the hill. On our way there, we came across this small tunnel built into the side of the hill with only a single door to enter it. The door was the epitome of creepy. It was barred, moldy, and gave off an air of terror. But as if that wasn't enough...

We approached the door, thinking it scary and stuff, and we joked about "What if's" and all that. Out of nowhere this monstrous voice just came out nowhere and grew in volume for a split second as the door slammed against its locked position. We jumped ten feet and ran our asses off to get off the island. We decided never to go back.

True story. This was the door:

Old 2012-06-23, 23:59   Link #27
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ I would've died on the spot if I were there.
Old 2012-06-26, 07:50   Link #28
Kawarimi
( ゚∀(・-・) 〜(^∇^〜)
*Author

I always shut the door tight.

Alright guys so this happened just now and I haven't really sorted everything out yet but here goes nothing. So basically my desktop is really reflective, in fact I use it to see who's coming in through the door behind me. Here I am sitting here as always when I hear the door opening, I look at the reflection to see and there I saw the door being opened only briefly before being closed once again. I figured my dad had just come home and popped in to see how I was doing. I quickly went through the door to greet him when lo and behold there's nobody there. I know this is the most cliche thing ever but I gave a quick search and basically I was alone on that floor. I went down and found my mom outside playing with the dogs and sure enough she told me my dad hasn't arrived yet. Our house-keeper was downstairs in another room lying on her bed while all this is happening.

Okay so I'm basically freaked out right now so sorry if my typing is weird.

AS' Social Thread
Gone but not forgotten.

REBUILD
Kawarimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 08:23   Link #29
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
You try to sleep but the noises keep you awake. It's like something's scratching on wood and growling. You tell yourself it's only the wind and only the trees outside but the sound goes on and on and on...

Finally, you just can't take it. You stand up, turning the lights on. The sound is coming from your front door. You walk into the living room on unsteady legs and the growling gets louder with the scraping more pronounced and vicious.

With shaking hands you reach for the telephone...and the noises stopped like they were never there.

For what feels like hours, you stand there with the phone in your hand waiting for the sounds to begin again.

They never do.

Finally, heart in your throat and unable to stop yourself, you walk to the door. You open it...on the night air.

Nothing.

You study the door. It should be almost clawed to pieces. You could have swore you heard the wood start to give but it's unmarked. You shake your head.

Just your imagination.

Then you close the door...

The claw marks are on the inside.
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 12:35   Link #30
Lightning_Wing

Huh...more strange than creepy on the first read. Afterwards I feel that the story is actually kind of positive (you just fulfilled the wish of a ghost something-or-other to be let out, right?)
Old 2012-06-26, 13:49   Link #31
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawarimi View Post
Hmmmm~ Scary stuff.
Old 2012-06-26, 15:06   Link #32
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning_Wing View Post
Huh...more strange than creepy on the first read. Afterwards I feel that the story is actually kind of positive (you just fulfilled the wish of a ghost something-or-other to be let out, right?)
I don't think it is an actual account, just something written that makes you imagine a frightening scenario.

Also, I believe that as you imagine this scary scenario, you don't see the claw marks on the inside of the door when holding the phone and walking up to it. You then check the front yard/porch, go inside, and then suddenly, there are claw marks on the inside of the door, which would up the creepy factor.
Old 2012-06-26, 15:07   Link #33
Lightning_Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
I don't think it is an actual account, just something written that makes you imagine a frightening scenario.
Well, yeah of course it was.
Old 2012-06-26, 19:37   Link #34
Mr.Raw
Permanent Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Raw Send a message via MSN to Mr.Raw
Quote:
It's 02:36 AM here reading all of these stories, I wasn't planning to sleep anyway... D:

Random info:
Signature: Desert Punk

Mr.Raw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 23:08   Link #35
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Do check out creepypasta if this sort of stuff excites you (on top of making you lose your precious sleeping time).

Anyways, I guess I'll share a few personal experiences. I swear these are 100% real.

1. It's about 11 PM on a dark night and I'm walking home alone. As always, I have my iPhone playing music through a pair of solid earbuds on my walk.

As I slowly continue to walk, I suddenly ask to myself..."why aren't the streetlights lit?". Without fail, every light in the town comes on at 7 PM and stays on until 5 AM, so there was no reason they should have been out.

A little bit creepy, but I think nothing more on it. Things even look hopeful as I see a few building lights in the distance and a streetlight that was still semi-functional. It looked like it was having a bit of trouble though, giving small flickers within the bulb but not anything really visible. "Maybe it's recovering from an outage or something", I thought. Then, I pass under the light and it goes crazy. As the light goes on and off at a frightening pace, my music is doing the exact same thing...in the exact same pattern.

That wasn't the worst of it. Those lights I saw in the background did the same. I shoved the earbuds into my pocket and sprinted to my destination where I learned that someone I had known for a long time had died that night.

2. It took me longer than others to get over being afraid of the dark. When I was 4, the battering winds against our rickety apartment convinced me that the house was alive and moving with a vengeance. I could never sleep.

What really cemented my fear of the dark (and my now mysterious fascination with it) was an incident that occurred when I was 11. I had no real problems sleeping in the dark at this point.

It was pitch black in the morning when I was awakened by a creaking noise. I check the door to see it had been opened. It was already scary because I had closed and locked the door before sleeping, as I was used to doing this to prevent my friends sneaking in at night to play pranks on me. So now the door was open and after the creaking, there was no noise. Without a choice, I slowly got up and closed the door.

Later on during the night, I hear the creaking again. Raise my head to see that the door's open again. I made sure to lock the door, so at this point it was terrifying. I snuck out to sleep on the sofa so I could leave the TV on, and I heard nothing else during the night.

"What a strange coincidence, having that door open twice", I thought in the morning. Then I felt some light stinging on my arms and legs. When I went to have my morning shower, there were long, thin cuts on my arms and legs. About 6 in total, but they ran down about halfway on each limb. Even scarier, a couple had already turned into scabs. I had absolutely nothing on my arms and legs before sleeping.

So yeah, someone's trying to murder me somehow. I seriously hope I'm not cursed.
Old 2012-06-26, 23:33   Link #36
Lightning_Wing

I've had some creepy stuff happen, especially with my friends.

One night we decided to be stupid and sneak out my window and into the dark and forbidding country side. We walked down the road a ways and decided to go to my neighbor's property for a bit (why not? hell it was dark, who cared!?)

Their house sits below ours, however, and the road that goes by it slopes down into a dark valley for about a half mile before it levels out, with a dark trench down one side, thickly vegetated, and a hill above covered in mahogany. The whole time going down this hill, however, all of us had the dreadful feeling that we were being watched.

Then we came upon a very creepy sight. My neighbors have this playhouse, quite a bit aways from their home, on a clearing by the thick vegetation to our left. I had seen it before, just an old wooden structure, no electricity or anything going to it.

But as we walked past it, the playhouse was bathed in an eerie blue glow.

There were no lights in it as far as I remember, but the scariest thing was that the light had no real source, no real place where it faded out or started. None of the light was brighter or dimmer, it was merely there covering every contour of the structure in the same illumination.

My friends and I turned tail and briskly returned to the main road after we saw this.

So then we decided to go down the other way. This way also goes down the hill as well, but is much more open and better lit from the moon. However, suddenly we heard a car very close to us. It was a very abrupt sound, usually cars can be heard at least a mile away. Then we saw its headlights around the curve.

And then it disappeared.

Lights and sound and all.

All of us turned back and sprinted to my house and stayed there in safety the rest of the night.
Old 2012-07-02, 18:57   Link #37
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

22 hundred years ago (207BC) in what is now present day Yima, Henan. Xiang Yu ordered the Execution (live burial) of 200,000 Qin soldiers that had surrender.

In 1912, Workers at the Longhai Railway unearth a large number of human remains at Yima, Henan.

thought this might make the basis of a good old fashion zombie/ghost story.
Old 2012-07-14, 02:51   Link #38
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

If you want "creepy", then you don't go for stupid gorefests. Genuine scares come from the psychological areas which we cannot see or explain.

As such, I don't know how real literal "mindf@#$s" can get, but if you intentionally seek out methods of messing with your brain's perceptional workings, I believe you can actually enter a state of mind where you find something you normally would not.

That said, these following two "games" are things that lots of people are trying for themselves. The stories involved are probably mostly falsified, but are scary believable to the point where it could actually happen. As such, these two games are probably fake, but messing with your mind is for the strong. NEVER EVER think of doing anything even remotely similar to these if you're suffering from depression, uncertainty, or other weakening states that could cause a barrier in self-control. Seriously, we could take these with several grains of salt and laugh it off, but messing with your mind is only for the insanely strong-minded. Stuff like sleep paralysis has struck people who attempt to learn how to lucid dream, and tapping into one's subconscious could always result in something bad.

With that said, have a listen to these two games that people have been trying (livestreams have been done before, not to much avail):

1. The Three Kings

By combining a mixture of very limited light, a lack of sound, placement of mirrors and a very limited amount of sleep, this game supposedly allows you to literally interact with the very recesses of your being.

What's Needed
- A large, quite room. Must not have windows, but if it does, makes sure they are taped over to prevent any light from coming in.
- A package of candles and a lighter. If everything goes well, you will only need to light one.
- A bucket of water, and a mug.
- An electric fan.
- Two large mirrors of a similar size.
- Three chairs.
- An alarm clock.
- A working and charged cell phone.
- A loved one who is willing to help out with such a mad event.
- A "power object" that holds a personal childhood merit to you. Should be small and familiar to you, like a toy.

The Setup
- Setup begins at 11 PM when you head into the room you plan to use. Place one chair in the center of the room (make sure it faces north). With the other two chairs, face them towards your middle chair (your "throne"). Separate the chairs about an arm's length from each other.
- Take the two large mirrors and position them to face you and each other. This means placing them in about 90 degree angles. If done right, you should be able to barely see the sides of your reflection when sitting in the middle chair and staring straight ahead.
- Place the bucket of water and the mug in front of you, just out of your reach.
- Leave the fan on behind the middle chair and set it to about medium or low. Don't set it to high.
- Leave everything setup like that, turn off the lights to the room so it's entirely dark and exit the room, making absolutely sure to leave the door open.
- Head to your bedroom, and after setting your alarm clock to 3:30 AM, leave your cellphone, lighter and candle(s) together for easy access.
- Turn off the lights and whilst holding your "power object", go to sleep for the time being.

Moment of Truth
- So your alarm clock should go off at 3:30 AM. Wake up, and do not turn on the lights. You now have exactly 3 minutes to get a candle lit, grab your cellphone and head to the room with your setup from before. You should be seated in the middle chair by 3:33 AM. Make sure you have your power object!
- If your cellphone is for some reason dead, abort the game. If the alarm clock didn't go off at exactly 3:30 AM, abort. If the door you left open is closed, abort. If the fan you left on is off, abort. If you have to abort for any reason, leave the house with your loved one. You should not return until after 6 AM.
- So if everything is okay, take the lit candle and take a seat. There is no correct chair to sit in, as "three kings" applies to where you sit, which determines whether you are the king, queen or fool.
- DO NOT let the candle go out. Your body is the only protection for the candle against the fan you left on, so don't let the candle die. DO NOT under any circumstances look directly into either of the mirrors.
- Taking your throne, hold the candle and look straight into the darkness. Don't look into the mirrors. Don't look at the candle. Just keep staring straight ahead and keep staring.

What's To Happen
- Until 4:34 AM, you are to stay put and look at nothing other than that darkness ahead.
- At exactly 4:34 AM, your loved one should come into the room and call your name. If that doesn't get your attention, they need to call your phone. If that fails, then they must use the mug and water. What they shouldn't do is make direct contact with you. Your last resort if all else fails is your power object, and hopefully that will work for you.

What's supposed to happen? Nobody really knows. With all of these setups in play, you may begin to see what your subconscious generally hides from you. Some people see things moving. Others hear whispering or talking. There have been extreme tellings where people didn't follow directions and actually ended up breaking down or even worse. Like I said, I don't know which stories are true and which aren't, so take it with a grain of salt, but also remember to consider what could happen.

[If anyone does try this, I'd be interested in knowing what happened.]

2. The Midnight Game

Kind of like "The Three Kings", it's the dark that plays tricks on your mind. This time, you presumably invite a spirit called the "Midnight Man" into your house and attempt to avoid confrontation with him. In doing so, your mind begins to fill in the dark spots it can't see with what it wants to perceive (taken straight from the deepest recesses of your subconscious). It is said this was used back in the Pagan days.

The Setup
- You need a candle, a wooden door, one drop of your own blood, a piece of paper, matches/a lighter, and salt. If others are joining in, they all need their own set of equipment mentioned in the previous sentence.

- Write your full name (first, middle, last) on the piece of paper. Follow up by putting one drop of blood onto that piece of paper, allowing it to soak into the paper.

- Turn off all the lights in the house and go to the front door (must be wooden). After placing the paper in front of the door, light the candle and place it on top of the paper onto your hand. You should be carrying the paper with the candle on top.

- Slowly begin knocking right before midnight, making absolutely sure that upon the 22nd knock it turns to midnight. Open the door after the 22nd knock, head inside and blow out the candle. You've just allowed the midnight man into your house.

- After allowing the midnight man in, close the door and immediately relight your candle as quickly as possible. This is when the game begins. With only a lit candle, you must wander about the entirely dark house, making sure to avoid the midnight man at all costs. You must do this until 3:33 AM.

- If the candle goes out at any time, that means the midnight man is close. You now have 10 seconds to relight the candle. If you cannot get it relit in that timespan, surround yourself with a ring using the salt. Failure to do either of these will result in the midnight man summoning a hallucination of your greatest fear, which will last until 3:33 AM. If you are successful in surrounding yourself with the ring of salt, you must stay within that ring until 3:33 AM. To actually win the game, you must not resort to getting stuck within the ring of salt and letting your candle die. Full avoidance of the midnight man until 3:33 AM is the only way to win.

Addendum
- Signs that the midnight man is close include a sudden drop in temperature, seeing a pure black humanoid figure move in the darkness, and various soft whisperings coming from an indescribable source. If you experience any of these, it is highly recommended you move to a different location in the house to avoid the midnight man.

- If you think you can stand in one spot the entire time, think again. The midnight man will find you, and the candle will go out.

- Do NOT turn on any lights during the midnight game and do NOT use any flashlights. Do NOT go to sleep during the game. Do NOT use anyone else's blood on the paper. Do NOT use a lighter instead of a candle. And no matter what you do, do NOT try to provoke the midnight man.

[Also interested in what this results in, but always remember to stay safe mentally and physically.]

So yeah, little spooky games. Bloody Mary was one as a child, and even though I was foolish enough to try, nothing happened back then. Now that psychological fears can haunt me on a deeper level since I'm older, I have no intentions of trying any of these, since I'm not mentally strong enough to prevent myself from losing it halfway. Still, I thought these sounded scary on their own so I thought I'd share. Mental and psychological issues are serious, never forget!
Old 2012-07-14, 05:23   Link #39
Sir Maddy
~Feel like a sir.
*IT Support

Quote:
That wasn't that scary. Then again, I'm not easily scared.
Old 2012-07-14, 10:23   Link #40
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
There is an aftermath to the story posted some 7 years after in 2011 :-

http://yoshizokitan.blog.shinobi.jp/Entry/5391/
Comments from 2011.06.30 18:26 of the above posting.

Basically, what had happened is that Hasumi find herself in a dark wood after the car was stopped by the driver.
There is a flash of light some where in the distance from where Hasumi is and the driver was mumbling to himself.
Hasumi was waiting for a chance to escape when a man approach from his right and suddenly there was a flash and the entire car rocked.
Man yelled :- "What are you doing here ? This is no place for you ! I've made the driver disappear. Take this chance and run !"
Hasumi ran towards the light, in tears and found herself in a nearby station from where she was. Her parents was in a car crying out for her.
The calendar shows April, 2011.

I don't know about this. But you can take this as a happy ending if you want.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy, scary