AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-01, 00:38   Link #1381
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post
I'm not sure if this is the right question to be asking in this thread, but it's something related to Touma so I'll ask it here anyways.

Does Touma have an AIM Dispersion Field like all the other Espers in the show or does IB negate that as well?
No he doesn't. Kazakiri Hyouka commented on how Touma and Imagine Breaker don't emit an AIM dispersion field and that if they did then she would have been destroyed/wouldn't exist as Imagine Breaker negates and disrupts any supernatural force. And that's so long as the supernatural force doesn't surpass the rate at which Imagine Breaker negates something.
Old 2013-06-01, 00:42   Link #1382
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

I....must have missed that somewhere down the line.

Guess my memory isn't as good as I thought it was.

Thanks for clearing that up for me Gold, Welsh. Btw, nice to meet you both!
Old 2013-06-01, 00:50   Link #1383
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

From what I understand, the only reason Touma's officially considered a Level 0 Esper and not a regular person in Academy City is because of the drugs he's ingested for Esper experiments.
Old 2013-06-01, 01:01   Link #1384
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

I know someone among the board of directors, I think it was the one Kumokawa Seria works for, thought he was a Gemstone but was told otherwise.

Personally though, and this is just me here, if Touma didn't have the IB I'm pretty sure his precognition would have been his Esper ability. I know he only has it because he's been in so many fights, but can you imagine if he could actually control it?

You'd have one mean a close-range monster on your hands then.
Old 2013-06-01, 02:08   Link #1385
Goldzero

i honestly agree. im not to sure, but im pretty sure touma precog is his esper ability like you stated. and i think it is possible to obtain your own esper ability by getting into many fights like how accelerator tried to become a level 6 by killing all 20,000 clones.
Old 2013-06-01, 02:18   Link #1386
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

The difference I see there is that Accelerator was already the strongest esper in the city, but they were using the Radio Noise project to try and get him passed the current pinnacle of being a Level 5 and into something that they couldn't begin to imagine. Plus, one needs to take into account that the Parameter List pretty much dictated that Accelerator would receive the most funding since his ability was on such a scale that, literally, nobody could ever hope to touch him.

I think Touma would have been in the same boat as Hamazura in the sense that AC would have cut back on his curriculum if he didn't have IB. I only say that because, in the eyes of AC, such an ability would not be all too impressive and worth investing in considering the number of better candidates that funding could be provided to.
Old 2013-06-01, 02:37   Link #1387
Goldzero

i guess i can see your point. but still, it is really nice that touma managed to develop precog(known as mind eye in index). i say touma has a decent set, precog+imagine breaker+decent fighting skills+brains(he is one of the very few typical shounen leads who actually tries to out-think hes opponents and try to find their weakness, even tries to use it against them sometimes).
Old 2013-06-01, 02:46   Link #1388
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Personally, I like Touma attest to most other characters because of the fact that he's powerful, but at the same time very easy to kill if someone did it right. GREMLIN doesn't underestimate him, has developed countermeasures against the IB, and are pretty much forcing him to think of different ways to fight them instead of just the typical drawn-out and mindless fight sequence.

Aside from that arm of his, he's normal; and that's why I like him as a character. If he was like Goku or something, I'd have no reason to like him. Plus, let's face it, Touma punched out an ANGEL for (tehe) god's sake. How many protagonists can say they've done that while not possessing god-like power's themselves?
Old 2013-06-01, 03:19   Link #1389
Goldzero

one of the reason why i think index and railgun are so popular is because of the fact that they have unique way of fighting where it doesn't determine who is the strongest but rather who can out-think hes or her opponent and try to find their weakness and use it against them. while the series is of course good if i may say so myself but the interactions and fight scenes are the true success of such an amazing franchise as this.
Old 2013-06-01, 03:28   Link #1390
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

A compelling argument you've got there.

Some may disagree with you there, but I'm not one of those people who would. Though, this is just me again, I like the series because of its compelling story and the way it transpires in a way that leaves you gripping the edge of your seat in wonder.

But I think we're getting a bit off topic at this point.
Old 2013-06-01, 09:42   Link #1391
Goldzero

yeah your right. but their are defiantly more reasons to why index and railgun are so popular but that the way i see it. of course the story is intense and unique in its own way(though i really wish kamachi had actually done the science vs magic thing) but none of the less index has one of the most intense story i ever seen. but yeah your right we are getting of topic.
Old 2013-06-01, 14:19   Link #1392
zibi88

well for me index has more indepth story that changes many times... while railgun generally covers the sister issue along with some judgement work

but well I kinda feel that "the less of Index in the index series" the better ^^ dont know index with the constant biteing is just annoying.... there are way more interesting girls in the series that could take index spot easyly ^^

but still I really want to know more about Touma and his past.... his power what is it...how strong it is when released... how he got it and if the power alone can abondon him and go to another person on a free will act. (or after the user death)

his arm is just a vessel or more like a seal that holds inside something more powerfull.... but we dont know what that is... is it a dragon soul/god... or some other existance (satan :P an opposite to god)

the same toumas past is interesting too... before his memory loss (hope he will somehow regain his lost memories in this or other way).... like how did he meet with Misaki a level5... what happened between them that made misaki say that they had a fight and it was becouse of her power (mostly took control over someone and that made touma mad at her)

so generally I would like to know about this past...were they childhood friends...or maybe they walked to the same school earlier but after fight they split ways but touma remained someone important to her.... hard to tell and I really want to learn more about this

Still I wonder if any mind control/influance esper power can work on touma or is he immunte to those becouse of his hand (like how the telepath girl couldnt pass her message via telepathy to him becouse of his arm).... well misaki is a level 5 so strongest ability so I was curious if he is still immune to such level or not
Old 2013-06-01, 15:10   Link #1393
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

@SmokinFerret88 Nice to meet you as well. I actually looked up the info about Touma's Imagine Breaker and AIM Field. It's Mentioned in the first season of the anime near the ending of episode 24 and in the epilogue of volume 6 if you wanted to know where to look.
Old 2013-06-01, 17:01   Link #1394
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post

but well I kinda feel that "the less of Index in the index series" the better ^^ dont know index with the constant biteing is just annoying.... there are way more interesting girls in the series that could take index spot easyly ^^
Oh... but it seems biting is the only thing you see from her, right?

But unlike other girls from the series there is an actual understanding between Index and Touma, maybe she is the only one who actually understands what kind of things(overall) Touma goes trough.

Quote:
but still I really want to know more about Touma and his past.... his power what is it...how strong it is when released... how he got it and if the power alone can abondon him and go to another person on a free will act. (or after the user death)

his arm is just a vessel or more like a seal that holds inside something more powerfull.... but we dont know what that is... is it a dragon soul/god... or some other existance (satan :P an opposite to god)

the same toumas past is interesting too... before his memory loss (hope he will somehow regain his lost memories in this or other way).... like how did he meet with Misaki a level5... what happened between them that made misaki say that they had a fight and it was becouse of her power (mostly took control over someone and that made touma mad at her)

so generally I would like to know about this past...were they childhood friends...or maybe they walked to the same school earlier but after fight they split ways but touma remained someone important to her.... hard to tell and I really want to learn more about this

Still I wonder if any mind control/influance esper power can work on touma or is he immunte to those becouse of his hand (like how the telepath girl couldnt pass her message via telepathy to him becouse of his arm).... well misaki is a level 5 so strongest ability so I was curious if he is still immune to such level or not
That is Index light novels information, so better speak that on the novels thread.
Old 2013-06-01, 19:36   Link #1395
aldw

In a way I consider the Toaruverse presentation of things to be essentially a more rationalized Nasuverse, and Touma to be a more pragmatic protagonist than Shirou for that matter.
Old 2013-06-01, 20:58   Link #1396
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldw View Post
In a way I consider the Toaruverse presentation of things to be essentially a more rationalized Nasuverse, and Touma to be a more pragmatic protagonist than Shirou for that matter.
Actually I'm curious- Is there a particular reason why people tend to compare Nasuverse with Toaruverse? Even a superficial reason would suffice.
Old 2013-06-01, 21:28   Link #1397
demino_hellsin
That one guy

They both have a fairly congruent lore. They have multiple stories that intersect but have no direct impact on each other but just as compelling. Both of them feature harems.
Old 2013-06-01, 22:33   Link #1398
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

OMG Touma's harem

Or all the girls he's met anyway.
Old 2013-06-01, 22:37   Link #1399
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

A+ for creativity.
Old 2013-06-01, 22:41   Link #1400
OverNOut
The Obsever