Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-07-18, 22:35   Link #981
.calla.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanafan View Post
i wonder if maity will ever do yoroshi queen like in the live action...hmmm
i hear people bash that part from the live action all the time..

..i thought it was the funniest.
.calla. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 22:43   Link #982
nanafan
horo fan

at first it was okay then it got on my nerves it made me wonder if he was gay..or something..
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 23:19   Link #983
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

well..... yeah O.o that's a lot of the gag with Maity -- that uncertainty.
Old 2007-07-19, 03:10   Link #984
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 14

Damn that was a great episode. It's so refreshing to see a romance this well executed.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 03:47   Link #985
Amalia

Send a message via MSN to Amalia
oh yeah...Lovely Complex is one of the best romantic comedies that I have ever seen.
Old 2007-07-19, 05:25   Link #986
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I want to be Otani. Oh man, I want a tall girl. And a cute one like Risa, too.

OTANI YOU ARE JUST TOO DAMN BLIND >.<
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 08:55   Link #987
ReAn
Shinsen-Subs Staff
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to ReAn Send a message via AIM to ReAn Send a message via MSN to ReAn
Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
I want to be Otani. Oh man, I want a tall girl. And a cute one like Risa, too.

OTANI YOU ARE JUST TOO DAMN BLIND >.<
While i share your desire for a tall girl, i don't think id want to be a midget to get one =D

I love my height.
ReAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 09:24   Link #988
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Err ... no. I mean, I want to be in Otani's shoes.

I'm as tall as Risa too, so ... EHEHEHEHE
Old 2007-07-19, 10:34   Link #989
nanafan
horo fan

i'm a bit taller than risa. i think risa is pretty otani is blind not to notice it. i love how funny she is too.
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 10:50   Link #990
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

It was good that the show still had comedy, because if it hadn't, I would have really teared up with the scene of Risa giving up. She has had given her all, but without reciprocation it wouldn't have bore fruit ...

Such a good show - its comedy and its drama are well-balanced and really quite well-executed. Now to wait 11 weeks before it ends. >.<
Old 2007-07-19, 11:37   Link #991
ReAn
Shinsen-Subs Staff
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to ReAn Send a message via AIM to ReAn Send a message via MSN to ReAn
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanafan View Post
i'm a bit taller than risa. i think risa is pretty otani is blind not to notice it. i love how funny she is too.
I don't think it's an issue of is she pretty or not. I think otani is scared that dating her would ruin the friendship that they have. He cannot see her as a girlfriend because to him, she's a good friend, and when he pictures her as his girlfriend he's getting the wrong idea. It's a shame he cannot see that risa's not really looking for a super duper lovey dovey relationship, but more of a twist on thier current friendship.

It's obvious to me that risa isn't really girly, she's also expressed her disinterest in a very typical relationship, I can see a more mature relationship working between the two.

I think otani is worried that a lovey dovey relationship would ruin the friendship that they have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
It was good that the show still had comedy, because if it hadn't, I would have really teared up with the scene of Risa giving up. She has had given her all, but without reciprocation it wouldn't have bore fruit ...

Such a good show - its comedy and its drama are well-balanced and really quite well-executed. Now to wait 11 weeks before it ends. >.<
I know all too well how she feels *shakes fist* here's to hoping it works out in the end.
Old 2007-07-19, 12:20   Link #992
Polaryzed_123
Workin' sux!
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Polaryzed_123 Send a message via MSN to Polaryzed_123 Send a message via Yahoo to Polaryzed_123
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReAn View Post
I think otani is scared that dating her would ruin the friendship that they have. He cannot see her as a girlfriend because to him, she's a good friend, and when he pictures her as his girlfriend he's getting the wrong idea.
QFT. Yeah. What ReAn said. (Sometimes its good to be lazy :P )
Polaryzed_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 13:21   Link #993
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

OMG why did I spoil myself for!!!! So so so is the general consensus that Maity goaded Otani for good or bad reasons????
Old 2007-07-19, 13:22   Link #994
ReAn
Shinsen-Subs Staff
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
OMG why did I spoil myself for!!!! So so so is the general consensus that Maity goaded Otani for good or bad reasons????
you really need to work on that self control
Old 2007-07-19, 13:24   Link #995
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

There's not really a "consensus" yet (that I know of). Each of us has their opinion based on what we've seen so far.
Old 2007-07-19, 13:30   Link #996
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Another thing about Risa being pretty: though we all think she's pretty and can see her strengths and weaknesses (especially that when she tries too hard to be like other girls, she fails miserably!), compared to other average-sized, cute girls, she's more "friend material". From what I gather, cute girls are more desirable in Japan than what you'd think of as purely "hot" or "sexy" girls (I'm not talking about "hot-cute" or "cute-sexy", because those still include "cute" ne), and Risa doesn't fall into that. Risa's cuteness comes from her personality, but since when do dense high-school guys think of girls as cute just based on personality?
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 13:30   Link #997
ReAn
Shinsen-Subs Staff
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
There's not really a "consensus" yet (that I know of). Each of us has their opinion based on what we've seen so far.
True, the only ones that can answer for certain are those who've read the manga.
Old 2007-07-19, 13:40   Link #998
ReAn
Shinsen-Subs Staff
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
Another thing about Risa being pretty: though we all think she's pretty and can see her strengths and weaknesses (especially that when she tries too hard to be like other girls, she fails miserably!), compared to other average-sized, cute girls, she's more "friend material". From what I gather, cute girls are more desirable in Japan than what you'd think of as purely "hot" or "sexy" girls (I'm not talking about "hot-cute" or "cute-sexy", because those still include "cute" ne), and Risa doesn't fall into that. Risa's cuteness comes from her personality, but since when do dense high-school guys think of girls as cute just based on personality?
It's sad, it only goes to show how shallow the average guy is. I hate this, cuz i try not to be shallow, and it dosent help with that stereotype floating around.

Good thing im not japanese school-boy tho.
Old 2007-07-19, 14:01   Link #999
Polaryzed_123
Workin' sux!
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Polaryzed_123 Send a message via MSN to Polaryzed_123 Send a message via Yahoo to Polaryzed_123
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReAn View Post
Good thing im not japanese school-boy tho.
Nor do I wish to be...
Polaryzed_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 14:02   Link #1000
ReAn
Shinsen-Subs Staff
*Fansubber

Woot, LC Thread @ 1000 posts. Keep it up everyone! Let's drive this show's popularity up a notch.

Edit: For On topic....

Another Avatar.

Last edited by ReAn; 2007-07-19 at 14:25.

Tags
comedy, romance