AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Durarara!!

Notices

Old 2010-01-03, 08:05   Link #101
tsunade666

Theirs been a release for the manga. The chapter 1 has been released and by reading it I think this one really will pack a punch. I'm excited with it.

But then again when I read about the blog spot what did they mean that the main guy kinda turn into a leader or something. Though it always happen in a story.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 10:43   Link #102
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Some novel front cover scans provided by the wonderful Natsuki Hyuga.

& a few anime spread scans.

Old 2010-01-03, 11:09   Link #103
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

So many goodies *__*
And all I got to offer is this calender scan I found from LJ.
lol

Starry Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 11:11   Link #104
LKK

I notice that this thread has a Crunchyroll designation. But has it been confirmed that Crunchyroll will be carrrying it? Or is it just speculation at this point?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 11:11   Link #105
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I notice that this thread has a Crunchyroll designation. But has it been confirmed that Crunchyroll will be carrrying it? Or is it just speculation at this point?
Confirmed. I posted the link regarding it a page back.

Also, here's the ANN article on the subject.
Old 2010-01-03, 11:16   Link #106
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Confirmed. I posted the link regarding it a page back.

Also, here's the http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...me]ANN article on the news.
I used the wrong terminology. I knew about the CR site stub having been discovered. What I was really wondering is if there has been an official CR announcement yet saying they'll carry the series.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 11:31   Link #107
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I used the wrong terminology. I knew about the CR site stub having been discovered. What I was really wondering is if there has been an official CR announcement yet saying they'll carry the series.
No, though as usual there will be one closer to the airing date. That's how it happens with CR.
Old 2010-01-05, 08:15   Link #108
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

@ Shiroth
Yay! Thanks!

@ Stardust Romance
I also saw that one. I love those twisted trio *_* . . . ah well, I love all of them xD

Oh how I love it that anime scans are rich with Izaya xD Wheeeee
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 17:04   Link #109
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Having found myself totally confused within minutes when I started watching Baccano, I know that is going to happen with this show, too.

So I have already made a characters/seiyuus page with pics of the characters and their seiyuus, so I can keep everyone straight.

Here's the page. I hope other people may find it useful, too.

First episode airs Thursday night at 1:25 am, Japan time. I think that would be 11:25 am Thursday in New York, 4:25 pm in London.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 17:16   Link #110
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Having found myself totally confused within minutes when I started watching Baccano, I know that is going to happen with this show, too.
Well not really, because people who have read the novel already have posted saying that Durarara isn't confusing in the way Baccano was.

So it'll air 4:25pm for me. Good time, especially with it being on CR.
Old 2010-01-05, 17:22   Link #111
Westlo
Lets be reality

The only reason Baccano! was confusing was because it was telling the story of 4 different novels at the same time. Though I loved how it all clicked together as it went on... I'm sure Dhurarara will be handled more conventionally.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 18:04   Link #112
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post

So I have already made a characters/seiyuus page with pics of the characters and their seiyuus, so I can keep everyone straight.

Here's the page. I hope other people may find it useful, too.

First episode airs Thursday night at 1:25 am, Japan time. I think that would be 11:25 am Thursday in New York, 4:25 pm in London.
I don't know about the confusing part, but it's still a very interesting read (especially with the VA's past role comparison). After reading it, I can't help but feeling the VA for their roles are so dead on it's amazing.

I'm looking at the main 5 (Heiwajima, Orihara, Anri, Mikado and Masaomi) and they are super perfect, especially Heiwajima's, though I wonder much about Yumasaki and Karisawa (Noe/Ein is quite different from Erika).
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 18:08   Link #113
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

@stuopidget - Would you say Kamiya Hiroshi is spot on for his role as Orihara Izaya? He's my favorite male seiyuu, so i like to know what novel readers think.

I can't get enough of looking at these character designs. Yasuda Suzuhito is personally my favorite artist, so that helps quite a bit.
Old 2010-01-05, 18:43   Link #114
Kunagisa

Quote:
@stuopidget - Would you say Kamiya Hiroshi is spot on for his role as Orihara Izaya? He's my favorite male seiyuu, so i like to know what novel readers think.
Base on his past role as Mikhail and Araragi I would say yes; even though there is something lacking base on his past roles that I don't think would fit the Orihara image (can't really say what it is until at least till the end of the first arc), but since he was Nozomu he definitely can pull it off well.

Quote:
I can't get enough of looking at these character designs. Yasuda Suzuhito is personally my favorite artist, so that helps quite a bit.
Seriously, I love Yozakura Quartet's MANGA so much (though the anime's quite the disappointment).
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 21:04   Link #115
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
I'm looking at the main 5 (Heiwajima, Orihara, Anri, Mikado and Masaomi) and they are super perfect, especially Heiwajima's, though I wonder much about Yumasaki and Karisawa (Noe/Ein is quite different from Erika).
Takagaki Ayahi has range, her Mikako in Sora no Otoshimono is nothing like Noe or Ein. She's really impressed me, I thought she was just another moe seiyuu with Noe but when I found out she was Nina in Regios I started taking notice, she's got talent is also one of the better singing voices out of the singing seiyuus.
Old 2010-01-06, 09:49   Link #116
Iron Maw
Banned

I'm hearing rumors saying the raw for episode 1 is out, can anyone confirm?
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 09:57   Link #117
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
I'm hearing rumors saying the raw for episode 1 is out, can anyone confirm?
There was a preview/pre-air broadcast for Dhurarara!! in Japan and Bandai Channel stream it for limited to 700 people. So yes, it is already out.

Alternatively for those who can't find the torrent, nico-nico would do.

Code for nico-nico: sm9308720

EDIT: Seems like it was already deleted So best you can do is uhhh... Search everywhere?

Yes, with this excuse of net, I didn't watch it even though I know of the pre-broadcast announcement and nico2's link. DAMNIT.

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 10:25   Link #118
Iron Maw
Banned

I see, shame about the deletion, but thanks anyway.

Hopefully some impressions come out.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 10:28   Link #119
Westlo
Lets be reality

OP and Ed are nice.
Old 2010-01-06, 10:36   Link #120
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Currently watching it and yes, OP is catchy and nice. The animation really does remind you with Baccano! a lot. :3

Something bugs me a bit in the very end of the OP though but, since I don't hope to plow through spoiler territory, let's leave it?

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, light novel adaptation, shounen