AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-26, 13:26   Link #1
NeoSam

Rental Magica

While this series has not yet been licensed we have received a C&D from Kadokawa Pictures USA, we therefore won't be listing fansubs of this series here on AnimeSuki anymore.

Please note that Kadokawa are acting on the behalf of the Japanese IP owners, Kadokawa Pictures USA themselves do not license such series but act as a master licensor, a middle-man who sells on the license to (typically) American anime companies. End of edit by Mod (xris)

レンタルマギカ
Rental Magica

Based on a shounen light novel (light novel for boys).

Genre: Shounen, Fantasy

Based on a light novel thats serialized in the male oriented light novel magazine The Sneaker, and published under the shounen(boy's) light novel label Sneaker Bunko.
For now there are 12 volumes released of this light novel.
Covers:

Spoiler:

少年向け小説(ライトノベル)

Author: Sanda Makoto
Illustrator: pako

Rental Magica's official site:
http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/sneaker/magica/

Manga adaptations of the shounen(boy's) light novel Rental Magica:

Spoiler:

Genre: Shounen, Fantasy

Last edited by xris; 2008-06-11 at 09:15. Reason: Kadokawa update
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 13:55   Link #2
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
What is it about? Do they let you borrow magic and then you have to give it back and the end of a certain period of time?

OMG Teh Sneakor, they was the ones what serialized Haruhi (Sorry I had to).

Seriously though, any details yet?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 15:37   Link #3
NeoSam

Ahh don't forget about Mushi-Uta. Its also a male oriented light novel from The Sneaker magazine, and its also getting animated

Yeah another 2 light novels from this great male oriented magazine are getting animated
Old 2007-04-26, 15:50   Link #4
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
Ahh don't forget about Mushi-Uta. Its also a male oriented light novel from The Sneaker magazine, and its also getting animated

Yeah another 2 light novels from this great male oriented magazine are getting animated
The Sneaker. Great Magazine? Or Greatest Magazine?!
Old 2007-04-27, 10:44   Link #5
BluWacky
尻の竜

Incidentally, although The Sneaker is targetted at blokes, the Rental Magica manga runs in Asuka (a shoujo anthology) and the storyline is very fangirl friendly.
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 16:33   Link #6
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluWacky View Post
Incidentally, although The Sneaker is targetted at blokes, the Rental Magica manga runs in Asuka (a shoujo anthology) and the storyline is very fangirl friendly.
Yeah, but the Rental Magica light novel is a shounen light novel, since it is published under a label for boys (Sneaker Bunko).
Old 2007-06-01, 17:17   Link #7
NeoSam

The official site for Rental Magica has opened:
http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/sneaker/magica/

The shounen(boy's) light novel Rental Magica has now two manga adaptations: one is a shounen manga and the other is a shoujo manga.

The shounen manga started in the male oriented manga magazine CompAce. It started in volume 15 of CompAce magazine (which got released on 26/5/2007).
Shounen manga info:

Title of manga: Rental Magica from SOLOMON
Original Work: Sanda Makoto
Original Character Design: pako
Manga: MAKOTO2号

The shoujo manga is serialized in the shoujo manga magazine Asuka.
Shoujo manga info:

Title of manga: Rental Magica
Original Work: Sanda Makoto
Original Character Design: pako
Manga: Narimiya Akiho

Currently one volume of the shoujo manga is available.
Old 2007-06-02, 07:30   Link #8
Honey_and_Cleaver

Its a damn harem in disguise, more shounen bums.
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 03:28   Link #9
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Pretty interested in this series. I've been reading the descriptions on the site and I'm gonna try and check out the nvoels before the show airs to see if it's interesting enough to follow. The art style of the show is already a bit iffy.

The basic premise of the show is about a kid named Iba Itsuki who inherits his father's company, called Astral. It's business is comissioning magicians for various jobs asked of them by their clientele. The characters listed on the page correspond to the various magic fields that are shown in the show, Celtic, King Solomon (the 72 demons), Shinto, and Onmyodou.

That's what I think it says, I'm a bit tired right now.
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 09:15   Link #10
NeoSam

The 10th volume of the shounen(boy's) light novel Rental Magica will be released on July 1st, 2007:

Shounen light novel.
Published under the shounen light novel label Sneaker Bunko.
Old 2007-06-25, 09:18   Link #11
Ama no Kagaseo
Your local dark deity.

Send a message via MSN to Ama no Kagaseo Send a message via Yahoo to Ama no Kagaseo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouta View Post
Pretty interested in this series. I've been reading the descriptions on the site and I'm gonna try and check out the nvoels before the show airs to see if it's interesting enough to follow. The art style of the show is already a bit iffy.

The basic premise of the show is about a kid named Iba Itsuki who inherits his father's company, called Astral. It's business is comissioning magicians for various jobs asked of them by their clientele. The characters listed on the page correspond to the various magic fields that are shown in the show, Celtic, King Solomon (the 72 demons), Shinto, and Onmyodou.

That's what I think it says, I'm a bit tired right now.
I disagree about the art style. It looks a lot better to me over more generic looking series that might have otherwise been decent. -Still upset about not liking Kaze no Stigma.-

Shinto? Onmyoudo? You've got me sold right there, although I must say if it's the little pink haired girl that's the miko, I'm wincing right now.

Last edited by Ama no Kagaseo; 2007-06-25 at 09:26. Reason: MORE Typo fixing
Ama no Kagaseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 13:58   Link #12
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Eh, I guess. I'm just a bit disappointed with the anime's art style because I love the art style used for the novel covers. I'm a big fan of the artist so the more generic anime style used for the cast shot used for the show is bland.

And yes, I mentioned Shinto and Onmyoudo. There are 6 characters listed on the character page and 4 of them correspond with each of the 4 styles I mentioned. Yes, the loli is the miko.

The character profiles from the first one (kid with the eye patch) and down. My translations might miss a few details but they should give you the main idea and I don't know the exact spelling of the names:

Name: Iba Itsuki
He lived a a high school life completely free of magic until he became the second generation chairman of his father's company, Astral. Behind the eyepatch sleeps an All-seeing eye called the Fairy's Eye (Youseigan)

Name: Honami Takase Ambler
Astral's Celtic magic member. This witch has revived the once, lost art of Celtic magic. She's technically a classmate of Itsuki's but has some special training needs. She seems to have a connection with Itsuki's "Fairy Eye"
Magic Style: Celtic Magic

Name: Adilicia Len Meizars
A descendant of King Solomon and the young head of the English Mage's Guild, Gettia (?). She is able to summon the 72 demons to take down the strongest opponents. Gettia is a rival like relationship with Astral but will work with them on cases.
Magic Style: The Secrets of Solomon

Name: Katsuragi Mikan
Entered Astral as a member of their Shinto divison in second grade. She calls Itsuki her "Big brother." Her family comes from a long line of magically endowed individuals although she doesn't really talk about it often.
Magic Style: Shinto

Name: Nekoya Shikiren
Head of Astral's Onmyoudo divison. As his name implies, he absolutely loves cats. He has been a member of Astral even when it was just a small company with few members. Although he may not look like it, he is rated number 1 in performance amongst all Astral employees.
Magic Style: Onmyoudo

Name: Kuroha Manami
An Astral employee in training. She suffers from Amnesia regarding her past but was orientated as a member of Astral at the same time as Itsuki. She seems to be attracted to Itsuki's personality. Her special skills are handling Astral's various daily tasks.
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 15:19   Link #13
Ama no Kagaseo
Your local dark deity.

Send a message via MSN to Ama no Kagaseo Send a message via Yahoo to Ama no Kagaseo
I can see why you're disappointed, now that I've actually seen what the animated version looks like. Even so it's not the worst art style ever, I think it's passable.

I would have much rather seen it as the 'original' style, make no mistake. xD

Now all I can hope for is a proper representation of Onmyoudo and Shinto, really. Ghost Hunt really impressed me, so ever sine I've got some really high standards. >.>
Ama no Kagaseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-06, 20:13   Link #14
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

I will watch is since Kagami-sama likes it.

When will the anime be release?
AVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-06, 20:45   Link #15
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
I will watch is since Kagami-sama likes it.

When will the anime be release?
You sure you want to watch something just because a fictional character likes it? You know Kagami is conceived and designed to promote certain things and has absolutely no capacity to judge by normal logical standards what is and what isn't to her or others liking right? I think you should pay attention to what others here have to say first and foremost and I'm not really sure why it is I'm telling you this......

There's no sense in possibly getting burned over something like that.

While I'm here and can share why Kagami "Likes" Rental Magica. It's the same reason Keroro Gunsou "likes" Gunpla..... alright here's the answer

Spoiler for Kagami "Likes" Rental Magica Because:

So basically there's no reason to want to watch Rental Magica because of Kagami as it would be the same as wanting to watch it because the production staff told you to so they can make money via ratings.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-08-06 at 21:14.
Old 2007-08-07, 02:21   Link #16
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
You sure you want to watch something just because a fictional character likes it? You know Kagami is conceived and designed to promote certain things and has absolutely no capacity to judge by normal logical standards what is and what isn't to her or others liking right? I think you should pay attention to what others here have to say first and foremost and I'm not really sure why it is I'm telling you this......
Are you this serious in real life? Or are you really older than Vexx-dono?

Dude, chill out... of course I know everything you mentioned; I wrote the ref post, remember? I just want to know more about the anime release so I can check it out, that's all. I take my posts as seriously as L*S takes itself. Relax, it's just anime.
AVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 00:51   Link #17
Koroku
formerly JKaizer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Koroku Send a message via MSN to Koroku Send a message via Yahoo to Koroku
This looks really good and interesting. I really like the artwork.

*wants to work on it~ must find group to work in on it~*
Old 2007-08-16, 01:08   Link #18
Shadow Miko
ASuki's #1 Virgillia fan~

I think it [visually] looks good. For that reason I'll check it out.

WAS Hanyuu's biggest fangirl, my heart belongs to Virgillia now. <3 Loli Salad - A blog of epic-proportions!
Shadow Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-22, 13:33   Link #19
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

ooo the seiyuu cast looks nice too!!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=8033

Fukuyama Jun as Itsuki Iba (yep Im sold right there)
along with Ono Daisuke, Suwabe Junichi and Kugimiya Rie

I do like the cover art on the novels better but Ill still give the anime a try.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 07:09   Link #20
crystar
*yawns*

Lots of different styles of magic in one place. I'm sold. This is on my Fall watch list. I liked the cover art also, which kind of pulled me towards this show even before I read the synopsis. So I was a bit meh with the generic looking anime art. But I guess I shouldn't expect too much since anime art never really manages to be that different (with exceptions).

Hope there is a decent story coming with this.
crystar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, romance, shounen