AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-12-07, 21:06   Link #5321
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

Guys,
i leaving for now,
anyway,
we all are reading about western horoscope right,
what if this is actually eastern horoscope,
so it supposed to be related about dogs,rats and even pig,
anyway, this is true!!!! what Rah said about Virgo is true!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2009-12-07, 21:26   Link #5322
WildArms
Come on, become a legend

i think you guys are thinking too deeply -.-
WildArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 21:47   Link #5323
arand017

who knows... it could be true..... if athena's a cancer then i want my athena birthday arc
arand017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 00:06   Link #5324
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Quote:
Originally Posted by arand017 View Post
who knows... it could be true..... if athena's a cancer then i want my athena birthday arc
Shouldn't Maria's birthday arc be before Athena's since Hayate said to look forward to her birthday and she's also one of the popular characters?
Koroshiya_Kame_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 00:15   Link #5325
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroshiya_Kame_13 View Post
Shouldn't Maria's birthday arc be before Athena's since Hayate said to look forward to her birthday and she's also one of the popular characters?
No, because June and July come before December.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 00:19   Link #5326
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
No, because June and July come before December.
It was never confirmed that Athena was born during that time. Her birthday may have passed already and since this arc was mainly revolved around her, I don't expect another major arc featuring her anytime soon.
Old 2009-12-08, 00:22   Link #5327
GDB

Apparently you missed the part of the post you previously quoted where he said "if Athena is a cancer"...
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 00:35   Link #5328
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Apparently you missed the part of the post you previously quoted where he said "if Athena is a cancer"...
It's still an if. It was never confirmed and plus, since she had a big role in this arc, her birthday arc will probably not appear anytime soon. The author can always make Athena's birthday next year.

Oh yeah, seems Nagi is aware of what Mikado is up to since she said "I've ruined the old man's plan". No SUNDAY next week. Apparently there's a combined issue on 22nd of December.

Last edited by Koroshiya_Kame_13; 2009-12-08 at 00:49.
Old 2009-12-08, 01:34   Link #5329
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

No chapter this week, eh? Tsk.. I hate holidays..

Anyway, Maria was FOUND in December. Who says that she was born then? She could have been abandoned after she was x months old to the very least.

Ah, I can already feel this thread dying from the no chapter week. Everything will become quiet like a tomb~ What fun!
Old 2009-12-08, 02:08   Link #5330
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Anyway, Maria was FOUND in December. Who says that she was born then? She could have been abandoned after she was x months old to the very least.
True, but they celebrate it on December 24th so they'll keep it that way until her true birthday is discovered. Hayate told Maria to look forward to her birthday didn't he?
Old 2009-12-08, 02:31   Link #5331
Rah

Oh yeah. Guess I've said that because of the whole astrology thing we have going on~

Trying to connect how much of it actually Hata used. Wataru doesn't really fit with anyone at the moment. He's most compatible with Ayumu, Miki, Fumi and Chiharu. Lol...

Since Hayate will most likely end with either Athena or Nagi, does this mean that Ayumu has a chance of ending with Wataru?

Oh God, never mind... Hina is compatible with Koutarou. No wonder she likes hitting him with the kendo stick.

This astrology thing is too unreliable. Some characters might have been molded by a specific sign, but when it comes to compatibility it doesn't look like it really matters, unless of course they do end up together like that. But since there are less male characters than female ones, it doesn't look like everyone will end up together. Guess it's gonna be a pretty open ending, or a time skip..
Old 2009-12-08, 02:36   Link #5332
New/Old
Old to the New

I'd take take the astrology stuff with a grain of salt. On one hand, it does describe certain characters quite remarkably well, but it does seem a bit unreliable on other characters at the same time. Just make of it what you will is all I'm saying.
Old 2009-12-08, 04:03   Link #5333
primuler
Love For 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
No chapter this week, eh? Tsk.. I hate holidays..

Ah, I can already feel this thread dying from the no chapter week. Everything will become quiet like a tomb~ What fun!
Usually, on no chapter weeks, people:

1. Discuss about the series in more depth(And the discussion usually ends nowhere).

2. Create silly scenarios(a.k.a short fanfics) and laugh at it.

3. Fight about which girl rocks the most.

And for me, I translate HnG web comics or dig some interesting info from Hata's web diary. Till which chapter did I do last time? Hmm... It's been such a long time...

Well, we'll survive it through.

EDIT: The web comic translations I posted : http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1514

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1514

Last edited by primuler; 2009-12-08 at 04:18.
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 05:57   Link #5334
Rah

4. Theorize about the importance of astrology in HnG.

Athena is definitely a Capricorn. Highly compatible with Scorpio, which is Hayate.

Hata did say something like.. "Eternal love for Athena" and "Eternal protection for Nagi"

Guess that the Athena fans had it right from the get go. It's gonna end with Hayate x Athena.

Spoiler for But I don't wannaaaaaaaa!!:
Old 2009-12-08, 06:17   Link #5335
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

@prim I guess people around here got too bored doing that.. after you became mia for a while.

This is kinda late but, it's nice to have you around here again.

I just brought up the astrology part since I thought that would it provide viable discussion, since most of the zodiac signs fit in the characters' attitudes and personalities one way or another, some dangerously close. I guess I disappear quite as often as the other people here when I couldn't provide some decent arguments and just fool around.

I'll continue on with the Astrological points, entirely coincidental or pure foolishness, it's cool with me.
Spoiler for 1:

Well describes Hayate's relationship with Athena before (whether he was still a brat or not) one way or another, maan I'm enjoying these coincidences.

Reading it in the wikis, Scorpios are one of the fixed signs.
Spoiler for 2:

Well more reason to accept why Hayate is as stubborn as an ox. I guess this part is what made people get irritated as much because of his attitude.

Scorpio is ruled by the Pluto (no longer a legitimate planet, but a dwarfish one) and some points here.
Spoiler for 3:

I think the destruction of the gem doesn't mean so bad now isn't it?

One main keyword for his sign: transformation. Wonder when would he transform from Scorpion (1st form) to Eagle (2nd form) and finally Phoenix (last and final)

You guys wonder how the hell could I connect this stuff with him, well I'll tell you that he's still in his scorpion form. Which says that his life is still quite chaotic and couldn't find some answers.

Spoiler for 4:

I'm prepared for this, so that's why I'm getting a bad feeling about this guys future.
Spoiler for 5:

Seems that Hata changed his mind about this part.. made Hayate pisces-like here and Hina into a scorpio-type.

All in all, you guys could take this with a grain of salt. But I'm loving this.
Old 2009-12-08, 10:35   Link #5336
New/Old
Old to the New

Now, now. It's not wrong to have this discussion. By all means, I love it as well and hope to look more into it. It's interesting to be sure.
Old 2009-12-08, 11:15   Link #5337
WildArms
Come on, become a legend

Nagi: "Words are imperfect, putting it into words will just create misunderstanding, words are the roots of misunderstanding"

After 252 chapters, finally someone realized, and i can now clearly see that hata is trying to get nagi's popular ranking up xD
Old 2009-12-08, 11:18   Link #5338
IndoViking

Well, it took 252 chapters, but finally there seems to be someone who knows a way to clear almost all the misunderstanding...don't say it, do it.
Old 2009-12-08, 11:22   Link #5339
WildArms
Come on, become a legend

Umm but personally, i think nagi has been out of character since the trip started -.-, is weird, if hata is making the readers to know nagi has "matured" he is trying way too hard, she just like changed 1 hit kp
Old 2009-12-08, 11:27   Link #5340
IndoViking

Probably the change in nagi is a bit sudden, i'd prefer to see a gradual change in her, or maybe i just missed it. Either way, it's still good she has matured

Tags
comedy, shounen