AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-07-08, 14:14   Link #1561
uis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Saki gained +/- zero from a standard 30000 point match perspective. At the start of each 30000 point standard match, 5000 points are taken from each player to be reserved as an "uma", i.e. placement bonus. At the end of the game, the person in first place has those 20000 points added to their score.

Therefore, to earn +/- zero in a standard match, not only must you gain 5000 points from your starting position, but also not come in first.

The team matches of the Nationals tournament involves playing two hanchan (standard matches) for each round (Vanguard, Lieutenant, Center, Vice-Captain, Captain etc.). For the first Captain round hanchan, Saki won 5500 points. For the second hanchan match, Saki won 4600 points. The Plus/Minus score calculations always round to the nearest thousand (500 rounds down), so Saki basically won 5000 points from her starting position and got +/- 0 both times.
Huh uma rules is old and basically only gamblers use it nowadays... some tournament still use it like mahjong tournament in europe and so far in saki i don't see uma rules yet...

and if we apply ur logic anyway, saki won last hanchan so she got 20000 points so how that can +/- 0 lol...

Spoiler for ...:

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-

Last edited by uis; 2012-07-08 at 14:27.
uis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 14:34   Link #1562
Sol Falling

Yeah, there's no use of actual uma within the Nationals team tournament matches. Additionally, there are different standards for uma; I think the bonuses used for online mahjong apps like Tenhou and Janryuumon are different. However, this -5000 and +20000 for first place uma is what they used at the start of the series for individual matches within the mahjong club, and I assume it must also be the standard which was used at home by Saki's family.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 19:02   Link #1563
MarkS00N

Somehow I get an interesting theory

Spoiler for Theory:

So, what do you guys think about my theory?
MarkS00N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 19:36   Link #1564
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Hey, all theories are fair game at this point. The whys and reasons behind the collapse of the Miyanaga family is something the manga has glossed on, but I think it can be a fairly compelling story on its own. Personally, I think everything hinges on the mom, but so far we've haven't read ANYTHING about her personality -- she could be all sugar and rainbows for all we know.
Old 2012-07-08, 20:19   Link #1565
Stann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
See:

Saki gained +/- zero from a standard 30000 point match perspective. At the start of each 30000 point standard match, 5000 points are taken from each player to be reserved as an "uma", i.e. placement bonus. At the end of the game, the person in first place has those 20000 points added to their score.

Therefore, to earn +/- zero in a standard match, not only must you gain 5000 points from your starting position, but also not come in first.
I see, thanks for the explanation. So Saki basically pretended she had 5k points taken away from her each game and played to +/- 0.

She should've taken it one step further and pretended to be much lower and played to +/- 0 like what she did in the club. This way no one would really notice and there wouldn't be people aiming for her now. .
Stann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 21:06   Link #1566
azziz

i'm wonder if the media finally understood kiyosumi is no all about the idol nodoka,but also has three excelent player and one genious who,coincidently,happen to have the same name than the strongest high-school player of the last 10 years.
how long will it take for them to do what journalist are suposed to do:investigate weither it's a coincidence or not is another question...
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 21:45   Link #1567
The Green One

Well the next 2-3 chapters might explore that, Kiyosumi knocking out Eisui will undoubtedly be a hot topic.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 23:02   Link #1568
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by azziz View Post
i'm wonder if the media finally understood kiyosumi is no all about the idol nodoka,but also has three excelent player and one genious who,coincidently,happen to have the same name than the strongest high-school player of the last 10 years.
how long will it take for them to do what journalist are suposed to do:investigate weither it's a coincidence or not is another question...
It's no use, everyone in the media is too mesmerized by Nodoka's boobs to get their brains to work properly. Altough, someone may start wondering why the miko boobs suddenly dissapeared from the Nationals, but it'll probably take a while.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 23:12   Link #1569
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
It's no use, everyone in the media is too mesmerized by Nodoka's boobs to get their brains to work properly. Altough, someone may start wondering why the miko boobs suddenly dissapeared from the Nationals, but it'll probably take a while.
The press in Sakiverse are kind of like sheep, aren't they? Seriously, not a single journalist ever investigated the family background of the number-one ranking non-professional player in the country? That's a big research failure right there, and what's more they seem to take what Teru's been saying at face value (given her public persona).

In the real world, tabloid reporters would have been on it in days, while mainstream journalists might take some time to dig deep into the relatively recent Miyanaga family history.
Old 2012-07-08, 23:32   Link #1570
Requiem-x
The slacking one

If they did that, we'd probably have the whole plot spoiled in a matter of days, though. I settle with just some recognition to Saki. Like, you know, the fact she EXISTS behind her lover's boobs.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 23:46   Link #1571
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Oddly enough, it's the players who are actually paying attention to the rising threat Saki represents. We saw this with Toki's comment in Side-A, and even more so with Kyouko in Side-B (incidentally, they're both from the Osaka area). Leave it to the kids to spot what the adults gloss over.
Old 2012-07-08, 23:59   Link #1572
The Green One

A national televised match of her abilities though is slightly harder for the press to ignore. At least until the next time they see Nodoka's chest I suppose.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 00:59   Link #1573
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
In the real world, tabloid reporters would have been on it in days, while mainstream journalists might take some time to dig deep into the relatively recent Miyanaga family history.
Or maybe for once the media decided not to dig too deeply into the lives of high school students (like that would happen).
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 06:33   Link #1574
tsunade666

Is there still no news of achiga's new chapter?
Old 2012-07-09, 07:33   Link #1575
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I've seen only one page that is posted in 4chan. Doesn't seem there are much difference compared to the anime other than Teru have better design than the anime :3

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 13:58   Link #1576
Sumeragi
Banned

The following seems to confirm just how evil Saki is

Spoiler for The Blossoming Demon:
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 14:12   Link #1577
tarajis
El Psy Congroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post

Somehow Saki's facial expression is freaking me out...
with her red eyes it's kind of scary... Saki is succumbing to the dark side
tarajis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 14:34   Link #1578
tsunade666

Quote:

Kyouko will be eaten in various ways
Old 2012-07-09, 14:36   Link #1579
Serperior

Quote:
Or maybe for once the media decided not to dig too deeply into the lives of high school students (like that would happen).
Wasn't the reason they don't pay attention to Saki is because they rather pay attention to Nodoka due to her looks, big boobs and being the middle school champion and all? Even with Yuuki doing great at the first day of the Individuals, they don't pay attention to her. (It was highlighted somewhere in the manga?)
Serperior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 15:12   Link #1580
tsunade666

^it was said by Kyouka's team members. The other team members aren't much paying attention to the others achievement but Kyouka as normal as can be prepared for her matches and look into others score so she told her teammates that Yuuki is also a monster that needs preparation.

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri