Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-05-09, 08:49   Link #6121
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Now some low-percentage win results as promised:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Yes, that was a 3-hellcat Relic Squad that I ran into north. At that time, I was the ONLY tank there in the KV-1S. And whats worse, I think they knew IMMEDIATELY that I was the biggest threat in the team (see that win prediction? It's because I was the only one with stats above 45%). I kept them busy long enough that the rest of those who turned north was able to catch up, and made mincemeat of the exposed Hellcats.

With the Relic guys gone, the other team fell apart in short order.

A light in Widepark:

Images

After those bad games in the platoon, MM dumped my AMX into that stage again. Honestly thought we'd lose this, but the right flank got careless, and allowed us to flood through. it was the Object 704 that finally got me though.

Fjords ClusterFsk:

Images

This was a weird game, where apparently a good bulk of the enemy forces funneled into town, where a massive brawl happened (and yet SOMEHOW our Jagdtiger got to the north flag unopposed). Eventually the survivors got encircled and shot to bits by the SU, ISU, and T34, while the other team's KT and arty turned around to stop the Jagd as it capped. Long story short, the Jagd bought the farm, but as a result the last of our team knew EXACTLY where they were.

I went up the valley north by the way, and helped stop a Type and IS from storming that pass.
Old 2013-05-09, 08:56   Link #6122
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Yeeees, it was a productive afternoon, but I will admit to you, we blew a whole lot of games we should have won (in other words, high-prediction % games). For example, NONE of those so-called cursed Widepark games gave us a win prediction of less than 60%, but we still lost every last one except the last game we had there.

Also, I guess winning in a lot of games is really dependent on whether either me or Kimi survive past 4 minutes, as apparently our win percentages were buoying up the predictions (Kimi's 67% and my 61%). Naturally if either of us gets knocked out early, the team usually falls apart, as 90% of our 27-game session we were literally the only people with positive stats.

Will upload some of the highlights, including low-prediction win results for this afternoon's session in a bit.

Crucial Contribution. Ashamed to admit that I actually got knocked out early on in this match.

Images

Pascucci's Medal:

Images

The closest we got to a perfect game all afternoon:

Images

carried you guys hard there, I need a back rubs.
Old 2013-05-09, 08:59   Link #6123
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

I made some embarassingly bad mistakes last night (like trying to stop a T71 from capping, which instead ran circles around around my IS-3. I should have just shot the cover away from a distance, then shot him instead of trying to ram him from the outset.), but overall I did make some progress.

I finally reached the point where I actually have more wins than losses, whereas a couple months ago, I had about 200 more losses than wins.
Old 2013-05-09, 09:00   Link #6124
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
carried you guys hard there, I need a back rubs.
Please, if it wasn't you or me killing most of the other team, it was Leo, and later RRW once he installed the derp on his Pz4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
I finally reached the point where I actually have more wins than losses, whereas a couple months ago, I had about 200 more losses than wins.
Yep, gradual progress. Every little win over a loss should make anyone happy. Give yourself a pat on the back, it's hard for normal people like us who had a bad start.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2013-05-09 at 09:24.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 09:54   Link #6125
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
I made some embarassingly bad mistakes last night (like trying to stop a T71 from capping, which instead ran circles around around my IS-3. I should have just shot the cover away from a distance, then shot him instead of trying to ram him from the outset.), but overall I did make some progress.
I feel responsible for this because I always suggest ramming... I should point out that usually when I suggest it is during reloading or if there isn't any other way to cause damage...

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
We dun beat some unicums!
One of those reminders to get 6th Sense working sooner (instead of messing around with BiA), but then again I expect to be seen in something that large... I survived the entire game after initially losing half my HP when I poked over the western curve of the hill and was hit several times by the Pershing and the Pershing's friends in the southwest. Got a Steel Wall out of that ten seconds...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Louise saying "I don't got this" was the funniest part.
Images
The view from the bridge. (BIG GIF)

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2013-05-09 at 10:26.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 11:29   Link #6126
Blaat

So how are the T-25 and Ram II, I'm thinking of getting them. Decent tanks/money makers or shouldn't I bother with them?
Old 2013-05-09, 11:49   Link #6127
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

T-25 and Ram II are really good tier 5 premiums. Reasons being... their overall package, including their weapons, are actually worth a damn!

Both tanks can easily go up against Pz IVs, T-34s, or M4s in a straight head to head battle and win.

And if you know where to hit a Church or Kv-1, the Ram II can be very devastating up-close.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 12:01   Link #6128
Gravitas Free Zone

http://www.vbaddict.net/wot.php?do=s...dname=creditsn
Old 2013-05-09, 12:09   Link #6129
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Thats very interesting, I tend to have much better performance in the Ram-II than my T-25...

But corresponding to this chart, yeah, the T-25 is one of the highest performing Tier 5 prem. in terms of credit acquisition.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2013-05-09, 12:38   Link #6130
Gravitas Free Zone

I might end up getting the SP and/or T34 during the event, which will still be expensive... but Tier 8 premiums are where the money is.

The other team committed their entire force to the southern route while our team split 50/50. It got interesting...

Images
Old 2013-05-09, 13:05   Link #6131
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
So how are the T-25 and Ram II, I'm thinking of getting them. Decent tanks/money makers or shouldn't I bother with them?
I was thinking of doing the same since they should be of offer at the weekend and I need a good Tier V money maker that won't explode as the slightest hit ala T49.

From all the games I've had in that tier the T-25 seems to do better and seems much harder to kill so I may go for it over the Ram but haven't decided yet.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 14:03   Link #6132
Blaat

Great minds think a like Drake. Based on Tak's recommendations I think I'll end up both. I'll use the T-25 to train my I-panzer crew and the Ram II the American medium line if I ever decide to go for it (most likely I will at some point).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Not surprised to see the tier 8 premiums are the best money makers.
Old 2013-05-09, 14:11   Link #6133
willx
Nyaaan~~

As someone that bought and sold the Ram II .. it's ROF is truly impressive, but its poor penetration is heart breaking. Keep that in mind .. without premium ammo you're going to be bouncing readily off the front of any moderately armored tier 4/5 vehicles..
Old 2013-05-09, 14:22   Link #6134
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

So... which tier 5 prem heavy is the best money maker? I'm getting tired of mediums.

---------------------------------

Desperate Endgame
Spoiler:

The AT-8 really changed the tide of the battle. Near the 10 minute mark we got overwhelmed by the enemy and we lost half our team. The path to the enemy base was blocked by the ARL with a Hetzer covering him from hill. The KV-1 and I charged without fear and took out the ARL, but the hetz almost killed both of us in the process. Good thing the AT-8 killed the hetz before he could take me, and the KV-1 turned around to support the base. I got into their cap while my team holded the position on our cap and voala! Invader.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 14:26   Link #6135
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Blaat we should totally troll train with T-25's, we could even buy squggly cam to match =D

In other news I've finally dipped into the russian line for the first time since the beta and am trying out the new light's and I have to say I'm really liking the T-70/80 as they seem to be good all rounders for their tier with a decent final gun, sloped armor and pretty good speed/maneuverability.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 14:44   Link #6136
Sumeragi
Banned

Obtained Leopon. Different style from Tiger.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 15:11   Link #6137
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Blaat we should totally troll train with T-25's, we could even buy squggly cam to match =D

In other news I've finally dipped into the russian line for the first time since the beta and am trying out the new light's and I have to say I'm really liking the T-70/80 as they seem to be good all rounders for their tier with a decent final gun, sloped armor and pretty good speed/maneuverability.
Contact me when I'm online (I'll most likely be online for the most of the weekend abusing the 24h premium account).
Anyway good to see you're trying out Russian tanks, but its the heavies you really have to check out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
So... which tier 5 prem heavy is the best money maker? I'm getting tired of mediums.
T14 followed by the Churchill III.
Old 2013-05-09, 17:05   Link #6138
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Obtained Leopon. Different style from Tiger.
I am guessing you got the Tiger P.

Eventually, I am going to replace my IS with a Tiger P myself. Played it on the test server, totally capable of leading a charge. I approve!

- - - - -

Did I mention Serb is an indignant mofo? He displays terrible stereotypes.

- Tak

Old 2013-05-09, 17:21   Link #6139
Pen3

I think its been almost a month since i last plat with Teru.

Images
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 17:30   Link #6140
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Pen3: I didn't take any screenshots of our platoon matches, as we won 6 out of 8 of them. I have to say though, this is probably the first time I've actually EARNED anything on the E-75, as by the end of it I think I was up 100k+ credits.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks