Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2012-06-29, 23:10   Link #1
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Malkuth fighting boredom

Last spring (2011) I started drawing to fight boredom waiting for an overseas client to call in the middle of the damn night.

For the complete and "not safe for this forum" staff, you can check pixiv and e-hentai (both require registration and deactivating the R-18 filtering).

COMPLETE

Spoiler for Miu@PapaKiki:

Spoiler for Kirika@C3 (NSFW):

Spoiler for MariaxKobato@Haganai:

Spoiler for Yozora@Haganai (color):

Spoiler for Hastur@Haiyore!Nyaruko-chan (color) (NSFW) (safe for forum part):

Spoiler for Anaru@AnoHana (lineart) (NSFW) (safe for forum part):

Spoiler for HarunaxSera@KoreZon (color):

Spoiler for 10000%cuter@KoreZon (NSFW) (futa) (2-page-manga):

Spoiler for DownThereBloodIsTastier@KoreZon (NSFW) (yuri) (2-page-manga):

Spoiler for Tsubasa@Kizumonogatari chapter 7 (NSFW):

Spoiler for Tsubasa@Kizumonogatari chapter 8:

Spoiler for Tsubasa@Kizumonogatari chapter 10 (censored):

Spoiler for Minato Fumi's naughty senpai (trace):

Spoiler for Ino'ue Kiyoshiro's princess by the metro's window (trace) (NSFW):

IN PROGRESS

Spoiler for Tsubasa@TsubasaTiger:

Spoiler for debut p.1-2/7, based on Nene ch.7 (NSFW):

Spoiler for Seitokai@HighschoolDxD (lineart) (NSFW):

Spoiler for AkanexTsubaki@HighschoolDxD (lineart):

Spoiler for SounaxTsubaki@HighschoolDxD (lineart):

Spoiler for MegurixRurukoxYura@HighschoolDxD (lineart) (safe for forum part):

Spoiler for Sera@KoreZon (lineart) (safe for forum part):

Spoiler for Tsubasa@Nisemonogatari (lineart) (NSFW):

Last edited by Malkuth; 2013-07-09 at 03:40.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 07:35   Link #2
Seitsuki
Onee!

Eek! Ropes! (alright that was only a few, but still)

You only started last year? Those are looking great! Depicting some.. interesting.. elements, but that's ok, my Absolute Purity filter is online and working fine!

I'm assuming those are digital and with mouse? Much better than what I could manage.. ~_~

For practice, I still think traditional pen and pencil on paper is best-- it's quick, easy, and manageable anywhere (such as during lectures or in the middle of exams). I usually just open a few images of styles I like and have a go trying to capture the 'flow' of the pictures; I find that it's the curves which are really difficult, such as hair or clothes: the rest are rather basic and can be solved with simple plans. I think your face shapes are done really well, as well as the proportions, that's something I still really struggle with orz. The only thing that stands out at the moment really is the fluidity of the lines- smooth those out, and your pics would look even better!

Keep it up, can't wait to see more of your work! *casually checks filter*
Old 2012-06-30, 08:19   Link #3
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Checking the Drawings*

Jaw drops... perspiring.... breathing deep... What the hell?!

To be fair, as a lover of hand drawn art. I say they're quite naughty.. I meant impressive....

10/10... keep it up!!!.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 10:00   Link #4
Malkuth
Banned

Hehehe, thanks guys, I am glad you like them.

Now about the way I drew them... I started by printing my favourite panels and tracing them until I got a hang of postures, perspective, depth (that took about a month). Then I begun altering postures in existing drawings with the help of photos, mirrors, memoery. Now usually a start with a photo or sketch and distort it.

For equipment, I used just pencils, and GIMP for filtering, then moved to a cheap mouse and photoshop elements, now I am using a trackpad.

Oh! and I never managed to improve in two things:
  • coloring
  • clothing

I also want to start drawing gore, but it's kind of hard to find good reference images.

And I love drawing different facial expressions, actually that feature is why I love manga/manhwa-style so much more than western ones
Old 2012-06-30, 19:54   Link #5
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Wow, you did this when you're bored? I wish I was that creative when I'm bored, the only times when I'm bored is when I have so much things to do, I get a brain freeze, brain shutdown, restart and then I go "what am I supposed to do"

And I feel so ashamed at not remembering the DxD seitokai's names. It's not my fault their screen time was so little!

Oh, and the Tsubasa@Nisemonogatari drawing really makes me want to finish Nisemonogatari (yeah I didn't finish it, you can shoot me now)
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 20:12   Link #6
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Wow, you did this when you're bored? I wish I was that creative when I'm bored, the only times when I'm bored is when I have so much things to do, I get a brain freeze, brain shutdown, restart and then I go "what am I supposed to do"
Well, I was struggling to become an electrical engineer (therefore I can hand-draw straight and curvy lines), but ended up using my programming hobby as the main source of income... so when I get bored and/or frrustrated with RL, I regree into ideal imaginary rope-play and greco/roman-upper-class depravity

On the other hand, when one has striven how to do all these stuff, he/she will obviously escape into something else when work/studies become unnecessarily choking

Quote:
And I feel so ashamed at not remembering the DxD seitokai's names. It's not my fault their screen time was so little!
I hope I have contributed with that shameful feeling

Quote:
Oh, and the Tsubasa@Nisemonogatari drawing really makes me want to finish Nisemonogatari (yeah I didn't finish it, you can shoot me now)
Oh! do watch, as well as read Naruco Haneharu's Nene which contributed the models I worked with to end up with short-haired Tsubasa! I'll PM the uncensored sketches, but Nise- is just deliciously subverting our ecchi-loving norms

But to put things into context and fully enjoy Nise-, one has to follow the writing timeline, so you'll have to wait for the Kizu- movie or enjoy it through the novel's text and various artists' depictions of the author's words
Old 2012-07-03, 19:23   Link #7
Ray
Garnet

Oooh, so you decided to make yer own thread in the Fan Creations sub section? Awesomes.

As I've said before, the Kirika@C3 and the Tsubasa@Nisemonogatari drawings are my favourites; you should draw more of those two. :3
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 03:04   Link #8
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Oh! and I never managed to improve in two things:
  • coloring
  • clothing
Same here but compared to others techniques in animating... hand drawn will always the best and the most used technique.
Old 2012-07-08, 06:35   Link #9
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Oooh, so you decided to make yer own thread in the Fan Creations sub section? Awesomes.

As I've said before, the Kirika@C3 and the Tsubasa@Nisemonogatari drawings are my favourites; you should draw more of those two. :3
Well, I am slowly working a story with a protagonist having Tsubasa's proportions, actually extending Naruco Haneharu's Nene chapter 7... one of my favorites. As for Kirika, well another BSDM drawing with a pony-tail is in the works, but this one features Saras teaching Sera BL.

For both I have some prelilinary drawing here already... safe for the forum, of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Same here but compared to others techniques in animating... hand drawn will always the best and the most used technique.
Indeed, recently my mouse-pen broke, and I realize that using one finger (on the trackpad, instead of three for pencil/mouse-pen) yields very unstable results... on the other hand, drawing directly into PS or GIMP has the advantage of configuring the resolution and more than two layers to work with.
Old 2012-07-08, 07:36   Link #10
NoemiChan
Banned

A GIMP user two?! High five!!! Same here!!
Old 2012-07-08, 18:35   Link #11
Seitsuki
Onee!

Welcome back~

How's GIMP compared to PS/Illustrator? All I know about it is we had a Biosci lab where we used the clone tool to 'touch up' images and a lecture at the end 'don't do this with actual scientific results'..
Old 2012-07-10, 22:29   Link #12
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Welcome back~
Thanks, I'll be dropping in this thread once per week, but will abstain from the rest of the forum.

Quote:
How's GIMP compared to PS/Illustrator? All I know about it is we had a Biosci lab where we used the clone tool to 'touch up' images and a lecture at the end 'don't do this with actual scientific results'..
I only have PS/Elements for OS X, and compiled GIMP using X11... so my experience might differ.

PS generally is more intuitive to use, but has two main issues... total lack of scripting capabilities, and almost no vector graphics.

Therefore I end up using both.

... and a small update

DEBUT p.1-2/24
This a preview for a story based on Nene ch.7 by Naruco Hanaharu.

Spoiler for NSFW:

there are five more pages, way to unsafe for this forum You can see all seven at e-hentai forum

So currently I am thinking about Yukari's (the girl's) hairstyle... I don't like her original, and prefer something closer to Tsubasa@Nisemonogatari and Wanko@Sankarea, but with bangs. Also since these panels were drawn at very different points in time, they are not very consistent... have to work on that too.

EDIT: To be more specific on hairstyle... I am torn between the original Yukari from Nene 7 (IRL image of Ohashi Momoka who has the same hairstyle and body type, minus her cup-size )...

... and Wanko/Tsubasa short hair, maybe with less dense and shorter bangs and no pinchers/clippers and ahoge, but reveal the back of the neck, which is a bitch to draw, but if done properly is extremely attractive

Last edited by Malkuth; 2012-07-10 at 23:37.
Old 2012-07-10, 22:42   Link #13
NoemiChan
Banned

Malkuth... ecchi...

Those are like taken from a manga.. nice work!!!
Old 2012-07-10, 23:36   Link #14
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Malkuth... ecchi...

Those are like taken from a manga.. nice work!!!
It is supposed to expand a short chapter from 2004 into a longer (20-30 page) doujinshi. Some panels are reworked traces from the original... nonetheless, it's still a preview, since I decided on the panel arrangement and dialogue for the first nine pages... so now it's consistency time and decide if I keep the original character design or change to one of my favorite* hairstyles

* A twin-tail pettanko inspired by another old short chapter from 2008, but looking more like Anaru from Ano Hana is also in the works, but nowhere close the above's stage of progress
Old 2012-07-11, 02:50   Link #15
Seitsuki
Onee!

Ha.. haha.. you sure are good at anatomy huh? *coughcouuugh*

And admit it, judging from those you've never drawn a pettanko in your life :P
Old 2012-07-15, 22:48   Link #16
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Ha.. haha.. you sure are good at anatomy huh? *coughcouuugh*

And admit it, judging from those you've never drawn a pettanko in your life :P
OK, OK... pettanko was maybe an exaggeration, since I do not consider anything undeveloped as worthy to spend "ink" on... even for MariaxKobato@Haganai (above), as well as a sketch of Tsubaki@MiraiNikki (way to stuffed to post even parts of it) I sped up their biological development
Old 2012-07-17, 03:25   Link #17
Seitsuki
Onee!

Blasphemy! How could you not appreciate the aesthetic perfection of a smooth aerodynamic body.. the serene, graceful, slender form.. that beautiful, fleeting charm..

(absolutely nothing to do with my boob physics being terrible >_> )
Old 2012-08-23, 20:33   Link #18
Malkuth
Banned

Another shot at coloring (before shadows and highlights)...

Last edited by Malkuth; 2012-08-25 at 14:23.
Old 2012-08-25, 06:58   Link #19
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

^
can i have the lineart of this? i wanna try to color this.
Old 2012-08-25, 14:22   Link #20
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
^
can i have the lineart of this? i wanna try to color this.
Here you go

(click for larger version)

Feel free to color it, just remember to post the result here... coloring is definitely not my thing

Here is the color reference I tried to use

I hope it works for you... I really loved the work you did with Kobato@Haganai

Last edited by Malkuth; 2012-08-25 at 16:13.