AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-11, 11:22   Link #21821
Stufu

Accelerator can fully control himself in his white-winged form. But, I don't think he'll give a damn about Kakine and would love to kill him again. Don't you think so?

Mugino may end up fighting Kakine again.

Mikoto may comes to help Touma since he is really screwed in the last volume.

But, at best, I want to see Science fight against the Magic side
Old 2012-12-11, 11:22   Link #21822
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
Finally, I hope Mikoto finally gets to lecture Touma for the whole England, russia and Star of Star of Bethlehem thing... the same should be applied to Touma's parents, these lectures probably won't happen in this volume
And probably never.
So far the only one who is about to lecture him is Index since the Festival started.
Old 2012-12-11, 12:09   Link #21823
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
the same should be applied to Touma's parents, these lectures probably won't happen in this volume
You forgot how they reacted during Daihaseisai?
Old 2012-12-11, 12:44   Link #21824
tsunade666

Quote:
Also I know that Touma cherrishes his normal life, and therefore he doesn't want the people from A Certaind Highschool about his adventures... but it pisses me off that all of them still think of Touma as a lazy and dumb student, specially after reading the way he was received after returning home in Academy City
No one in the science side knew his exploit aside from Tsuchimikado then Hamazura and Accelerator just knew it in new testament and I'm not even sure Mikoto knew the big picture.

Touma likes to keep it onto himself while he can but if there is someone helping him then there is no complaint. He just doesn't like it if the person goes suicidal tendency just to follow him. Just like Mikoto which is why he ditch him in hawaii.
Old 2012-12-11, 13:14   Link #21825
desrtsku
Nympholept

As of now, pretty much everyone involved with the deepest part of AC's dark side should know about Touma/IB's achievements though, but they obviously wouldn't bother telling the teachers or your random classmates about it.
Old 2012-12-11, 13:44   Link #21826
tsunade666

I think even if they know (the Kihara's) they don't know much about them or their powers. Look at the freshmen that should be a group that was made to battle them. they knew next to nothing about them. They new they exist (the magicians) but to them. They probably are new sets of laws. Different type of powers to them. People who are hard boiled and tempered by science aren't easy to believe occult stuff. They probably view it the same as Mikoto. Unless they see it for themselves.
Old 2012-12-11, 14:20   Link #21827
Acer
Death to the infidels!

and while this problem is not resolved, the magicians always have a big advantage against espers. at least mages know anything about science. (Not much, but at Kanzaki SS they know the basics).
Old 2012-12-11, 16:27   Link #21828
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I think even if they know (the Kihara's) they don't know much about them or their powers. Look at the freshmen that should be a group that was made to battle them. they knew next to nothing about them. They new they exist (the magicians) but to them. They probably are new sets of laws. Different type of powers to them. People who are hard boiled and tempered by science aren't easy to believe occult stuff. They probably view it the same as Mikoto. Unless they see it for themselves.
The guy who posted above this post surely was talking about "Touma fighting the magic side" and not the "Magic side in general" if I may say.
But since you brought up the point, then let's say this : no problem there because magic really is "a different type of power that is governed by a different set of laws" .
But still, don't put everyone in the same bag. A simple minded middle schoolgirl is nowhere near as sharp as a Kihara. Just remember what happened back when Kiharas fought magicians, even if they couldn't process the detailed mechanism behind it, they understood the basic effects without questioning its logic and immediately thought of a way to counter it (and all of that in the heat of the moment).
Old 2012-12-11, 17:29   Link #21829
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stufu View Post
Accelerator can fully control himself in his white-winged form. But, I don't think he'll give a damn about Kakine and would love to kill him again. Don't you think so?
I don't think so- Accelerator has been different ever since Russia; While I don't think he'll feel guilty, I do think he'll do things differently this time.
Old 2012-12-11, 18:57   Link #21830
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I have a bad feeling that each of the plot threads will be self concsluive this time too, without too much crossing from the two sides.
Mugino and Accelerator might get stuck in the peripheral with Kakine being the only one they are dealing with.
I'll pray really really hard this does NOT happen.
Old 2012-12-11, 22:49   Link #21831
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Hmm, one thing cross my mind reading the posts here. Has Kamachi forgotten the rule he wrote in earlier volume that when magician cast magic within AIM field, he/she will explode? Or maybe that theory was only made-up by Aleister?

If Kamachi still remember, how does Thor use magic in an area filled with dense AIM field such as academy city? Even more so, wouldn't magician vs esper battle will be one-sided slaughter considering those magician will basically blow themselves whenever they use magic if there's a lot of esper in the viscinity?
Old 2012-12-11, 22:53   Link #21832
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Imginary School District was not deployed in the current arc.
It takes the manifestation of FUZE=Kazakiri to do that.
Old 2012-12-11, 23:00   Link #21833
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Hmm, one thing cross my mind reading the posts here. Has Kamachi forgotten the rule he wrote in earlier volume that when magician cast magic within AIM field, he/she will explode? Or maybe that theory was only made-up by Aleister?

If Kamachi still remember, how does Thor use magic in an area filled with dense AIM field such as academy city? Even more so, wouldn't magician vs esper battle will be one-sided slaughter considering those magician will basically blow themselves whenever they use magic if there's a lot of esper in the viscinity?
Normally the AIM field in Academy City isn't strong enough to do all of that- It has to be... Altered, with the appearance of Fuze=Kazakiri to have that effect on Magicians.

Unless there's a backdoor into the Sister's Network, they'll have to catch Last Order and fight Accelerator all over again...
Old 2012-12-11, 23:16   Link #21834
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Hmmm, so it has to be a strong enough AIM(on the level of Imaginary School District) for the effect to happen? Considering that several hundred thousands(and maybe millions) of esper living in AC and all of them emit AIM, it does make me wander why an esper is unable to use magic when the magician can use them just fine while being basked in AIM field from multiple esper. IIRC, the cause is the same right? Which is because they generate AIM that esper can't use magic.
Old 2012-12-11, 23:24   Link #21835
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Hmmm, so it has to be a strong enough AIM(on the level of Imaginary School District) for the effect to happen? Considering that several hundred thousands(and maybe millions) of esper living in AC and all of them emit AIM, it does make me wander why an esper is unable to use magic when the magician can use them just fine while being basked in AIM field from multiple esper. IIRC, the cause is the same right? Which is because they generate AIM that esper can't use magic.
I'll checked NT2 for specifics later, but basically it's because the AIM is coming from inside the Esper, that's why they have such a violent reaction to magic.
Old 2012-12-11, 23:42   Link #21836
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Hmm...so the in-world rule is that weaker AIM generated from inside the body has worse effect when using magic compared to outside AIM interference. I guess the body would act like a buffer to block the AIM effect from outside then.
Old 2012-12-11, 23:53   Link #21837
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Hmm...so the in-world rule is that weaker AIM generated from inside the body has worse effect when using magic compared to outside AIM interference. I guess the body would act like a buffer to block the AIM effect from outside then.
AIM and Magic have violent reactions when they are mixed, and if those violent reaction occurs in the body well...

Ahh btw, I re-read the talk about the artificial heaven/Imaginary District between Aleister and Tsuchimikado- Essentially, what the AIM field it creates does is not so much of 'strengthening' the AIM, but rather it's screwing directly with the laws of magic within that area.

Quote:
Thinking closely, one would know that any religion had a certain set of ‘rules’. Of course, there wasn’t just one. Buddhism has Buddhist laws, Christianity has Christian laws. These laws are like all sorts of colors that are newly drawn on this large picture called the world.

All the religions have only one common point, and that’s a certain set of laws.

So what would happen if a new ‘world’ was inserted where the law exists? The law and order that was originally there would be jumbled up. The magicians would explode and kill themselves no matter what kind of magic they used.

No matter how good a violinist was, he couldn’t use a violin with messed-up strings to play. It was the same with the messed-up laws.
Old 2012-12-12, 01:53   Link #21838
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Yea, that's what confuse me actually. Leaving aside the monster espers, I doubt the level 1's and level 2's inner AIM will be bigger tan the combined radiated AIM of millions of esper, which brings my question, if Thor can use magic in the middle of radiated AIM fied, why can't those level 0's and 1's unable to use magic. I guess the explanation that the magician body itself works as a shield to hold the mixture of magic and AIM inside the body make sense in a way.
Old 2012-12-12, 02:02   Link #21839
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ It's because mana is produced from life force at realtime (i.e., the magician only releases mana and only the amount he/she needs at that moment for a particular spell, probably unless that spell is designed to produce more mana than what is used), and that mechanic doesn't apply to espers. This is one big difference between espers and magicians.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-12-12, 02:11   Link #21840
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Yea, that's what confuse me actually. Leaving aside the monster espers, I doubt the level 1's and level 2's inner AIM will be bigger tan the combined radiated AIM of millions of esper, which brings my question, if Thor can use magic in the middle of radiated AIM fied, why can't those level 0's and 1's unable to use magic. I guess the explanation that the magician body itself works as a shield to hold the mixture of magic and AIM inside the body make sense in a way.

If you can imagine the body of an Esper as a 'temple' with it's own laws, and the laws within that 'temple' conflicts with the laws of magic.

A magician's body doesn't have those laws within it.

So what the Artificial Heaven does is to place it's own laws into the existing world outside to screw with how magic works.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen