AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

Old 2009-07-23, 12:07   Link #121
JiYoN

Aww man, did the anime really have to end? xD That anime was really good stuff, I enjoyed it almost the entire time... All hail the queen of tsundere!! =P

But does anyone know if all 10 of the volumes of the light novels have already been translated into English? I'd really like to try getting hard copies in English if possible
JiYoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 03:22   Link #122
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiYoN View Post
Aww man, did the anime really have to end? xD That anime was really good stuff, I enjoyed it almost the entire time... All hail the queen of tsundere!! =P

But does anyone know if all 10 of the volumes of the light novels have already been translated into English? I'd really like to try getting hard copies in English if possible
I'm pretty sure there aren't any hard copies of an English translated light novel for Toradora!, but there are translations online. I don't think all 10 volumes have been translated though.
Old 2009-07-28, 04:47   Link #123
JiYoN

Aww dang, i was hoping at least a few of them were translated, like Shakugan no Shana... guess i'll have to go look around for an online translation then, thx anyway
JiYoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 16:23   Link #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiYoN View Post

Maybe an stupid question, but will there be a second season ever? This was really one of the best anime ever for me. Are the light novels of Toradora already ended?
777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 23:30   Link #125
mammothb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 View Post
Maybe an stupid question, but will there be a second season ever? This was really one of the best anime ever for me. Are the light novels of Toradora already ended?
i don think so, because from what i heard, they ended the anime to match the release of the last volume of the light novel so i guess it means that there will not be a second season. and i don't really think there will be much to show in the second season seeing how much they had gone through to get together. but im still keeping my fingers crossed for an ova to show some more definite conclusion though, eg their wedding ><.

and yes it's confirmed that the light novel is concluded. just google 'toradora light novel end' and u can get ur ans
mammothb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 12:14   Link #126
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Yes, the completion of the light novels and the end of the anime broadcast were timed to coincide. Toradora is a complete story (and I'm not really grasping claims of "non-ending" - it is abundantly clear and defined as any ending anime/manga fans get).

The author HAS said she wants to do spin-off novels with all the interesting main and side characters she created. So if some of that is big enough to warrant more anime, we might be lucky a few years down the road.

If you want the light novels in English print, I'd say write Yen Press and ask for Toradora! The manga is coming out very slowly (only two volumes out so far) but would be worth a mention as well.

The BT guys are working as hard as their Real Lives permit though.... just check in periodically.
Old 2009-09-18, 11:43   Link #127
zain101

Minor question, hope I get the answer.

I've seen several subs of this wonderful piece, however saying my Japanese is shaky would be an overstatement, and there's no script as far as I know, so I need a real answer.

At the beginning of EP1 and the end of 25 where Taiga and Ryuuji do their "There is something in this world~" speech, what is the last line spoken? EP1 the line is during a shot of their shoes, 25 it's when the 2 birds fly away.

I've seen "That's just how it is.", "This is how it's created.", and "It goes like this."

Which one is either right, or the best fit?
zain101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 12:10   Link #128
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by zain101 View Post
Minor question, hope I get the answer.

I've seen several subs of this wonderful piece, however saying my Japanese is shaky would be an overstatement, and there's no script as far as I know, so I need a real answer.

At the beginning of EP1 and the end of 25 where Taiga and Ryuuji do their "There is something in this world~" speech, what is the last line spoken? EP1 the line is during a shot of their shoes, 25 it's when the 2 birds fly away.

I've seen "That's just how it is.", "This is how it's created.", and "It goes like this."

Which one is either right, or the best fit?
The line is 「そういうふうにできている。」

I think its proper translation was discussed at some point but from all I've seen it is kinda ambiguous. Asking a native speaker is prolly your best bet. From what I know, the そういうふうに part means "in that sort of manner/way/flavor/method/etc" and the verb できている is, well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dictionary
できる [出来る] (v1, vi) to be able (in a position) to do, to be up to the task, to be ready, to be completed, to be made, to be built, to be good at, to be permitted (to do), to become intimate, to take up (with somebody), to grow, to be raised
Old 2009-11-09, 21:42   Link #129
mammothb

i have a question, it's about the light novel, but i can't find a light novel thread for toradora.

in volume 6,
Spoiler for :
Old 2009-11-12, 02:46   Link #130
kenshin-dono
I'm on a boat!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammothb View Post
i have a question, it's about the light novel, but i can't find a light novel thread for toradora.

in volume 6,
Spoiler for :
well,
Spoiler for spoiler for that scene:
kenshin-dono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 05:57   Link #131
mammothb

so minori knows about the 2 pics?
Old 2009-11-22, 02:45   Link #132
katiemirmo
Chrome.o23
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to katiemirmo
she didn't know about it, that's why Ami asked her (well it wasn't really asking) if her guilt has already dissapeared after
Spoiler for ...:
katiemirmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 20:24   Link #133
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

Guys,
some question,
is there are second season for Toradora?
Old 2009-11-30, 21:41   Link #134
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Highly unlikely as the events of the anime cover the chronological events of the novel series - which is complete.

If the author writes a spin off or sequel series in a year or two, then a sequel might be a possibility if it proves popular. There were certainly many interesting characters she could follow up on for a story.
Old 2009-12-02, 15:05   Link #135
moibibi

Hello,
I want to know the name of puzzle-game that taiga play in ep 7 and 15.
Tanks you !

PS: sorry i'm French.
moibibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 22:06   Link #136
mammothb

eh it looks like tetris to me:/

(i hope if they make any more toradora it would be following the toradora game, cuz i heard that they got married and taiga got pregnant in the end, definite endingXD)
Old 2009-12-03, 12:16   Link #137
moibibi

Yes but I know that the game existed really but i can't remember the name.
moibibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 02:07   Link #138
mammothb

:/ btw, is there any full translation patch for toradora portable online?
Old 2009-12-04, 02:25   Link #139
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Probably not... and you might want to be reading the forum rules to make sure you're not asking for warez or something that supports warez. Running a console game on an emulator and asking for a patch location would be crossing the line since virtually all emulators violate the copyright.

There are plenty of sites that don't have those rules where the search can be made though... google is your friend.
Old 2009-12-07, 05:35   Link #140
morphex

Hello,

i just watched Toradora and show was great, however I want to ask about the last episode.

Question:
Spoiler for Toradora EP25 question:

Last edited by morphex; 2009-12-07 at 10:54.
morphex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a