Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-02-11, 00:04   Link #2741
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterX25 View Post

Is the Chinese spoiler about someone revealing important information about the Celestia Being true??? Why do I have a bad feeling that is has something to do with the observers. If one thing thats going to hit them hard, it would be the all of the Celestial Beings agents are removed, than it would be very difficult for the Celestial Being to gather information.
Those are the newtype and animedia spoilers i believe. but nowadays chinese rumors are just as good as newtype's so its most likely true.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 03:08   Link #2742
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Thanks to the wonders of Google, I can now say for sure that Ragna is a ripoff of Veda.

Vedas = knowledge or a fourfold entity rooted in Hinduism
Ragna = advice/counsel or gods/ruling powers; Old Norse etymology, Ragnarok is the best known usage (fate of the gods/gods' fate)

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 06:48   Link #2743
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
Those are the newtype and animedia spoilers i believe. but nowadays chinese rumors are just as good as newtype's so its most likely true.
Not all Chinese rumors posted here are true. One of them had Howard Mason dying in Ep 21, after all. That's obviously false.
Old 2008-02-11, 09:55   Link #2744
Divinegundam

So the thrones GN Drive use a alternate source of energy i think it will unfold as i had thought before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divinegundam View Post
1. I think that during the Jupiter mission there were 2 projects running side by side. One project produced the Solar furnaces on the first 4 Gundams and the other produced the furnace for thrones. This can explain the different GN particle affect. Apon further research it was discovered that the GN emission from the second project was unstable or dangerous in some way. I think that there was a revolt on the ship between the two research teams. Back on earth the majority of CB chose the first projects Furnace design with the latter supporter being disbanned of killed. The ones who escaped death sent a recon mission to recover data from the project. On arrival they found most of the data gone but found "evil" haro which the survivers of the revolt loaded data on to. They started to produce the furnaces from the data unknown to CB. The intentions of the second CB faction would be to undermine CB and/or use manipulate them to achieve their goals and at some point kill the main CB faction.

2. Most of the stuff above is true with the acception: Upon the recon mission most of the data was gone but some remained on the evil haro. However some key information of technology was missing but they were able to find a alternate that would subsitute. By doing this they could achieve a higher GN output but there is some aspect of danger to producing GN particles this way(not sure what)
Divinegundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 10:11   Link #2745
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
Thanks to the wonders of Google, I can now say for sure that Ragna is a ripoff of Veda.

Vedas = knowledge or a fourfold entity rooted in Hinduism
Ragna = advice/counsel or gods/ruling powers; Old Norse etymology, Ragnarok is the best known usage (fate of the gods/gods' fate)
I think it could also be Lacuna.

Veda= the inerrant "bible" of CB.
Lacuna = the missing pages in said bible.
glyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 18:42   Link #2746
aenimaell

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post

I think this would make more sense :

Ascendant or Lagna
The ascendant (lagna) is the sign on the eastern horizon at the time of birth. It is called the ascendant because it literally ascends. The ascendant sign changes approximately every two hours, and all twelve signs rise within a twenty-four-hour period one after the other. The ascendant or rising sign (lagna) is considered very important in Vedic astrology, just as the Sun sign is treated with importance in Western astrology.

Which would explain the speculations about 30 or more Gundams. Supposing there are 12 lagna's holding 3 thrones (12 * 3 = 36 Thrones)

But that doesn't necessarily mean that they are a part of CB.
Since Neena hacked and altered Veda on the Ptolemy, that even Tiera couldn`t access.

Also, CB doesn't attack civilians. Trinities do.

It's starting to really be interesting...
aenimaell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 19:02   Link #2747
Nu Gundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by aenimaell View Post
Since Neena hacked and altered Veda on the Ptolemy, that even Tiera couldn`t access.
Eh, we don't know it was her. The whole "Traitor" thing kinda makes me think this the hacking happened before hand.
Nu Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 20:00   Link #2748
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu Gundam View Post
Eh, we don't know it was her. The whole "Traitor" thing kinda makes me think this the hacking happened before hand.
Well there might be two separate events here. One event is someone may have hacked into Veda and/or leaked some info on making GN drive. That would most likely happen some time ago, which would account for the presence of the Thrones right now. The other is Tieria not being able to access some parts of Veda. This one could be caused by Neena, but it could also happen some time ago if Tieria never bothered checking those areas.

The thing is, if Neena didn't do anything, there was no point of her being there and alerting Tieria. Then again, after what happened in episode 18, I'm totally at a loss with her. But for now, I'm assuming she did something there.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 20:02   Link #2749
aenimaell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu Gundam View Post
Well, Neena was the one who said "Hello" to Veda when the trinities where on visit on the Ptolemy. Tiera ran into her when she was leaving Veda's core.
So the supposition, she hacked Veda, is the nearest.
aenimaell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 20:17   Link #2750
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by aenimaell View Post

Ascendant or Lagna
The ascendant (lagna) is the sign on the eastern horizon at the time of birth. It is called the ascendant because it literally ascends. The ascendant sign changes approximately every two hours, and all twelve signs rise within a twenty-four-hour period one after the other. The ascendant or rising sign (lagna) is considered very important in Vedic astrology, just as the Sun sign is treated with importance in Western astrology.

Which would explain the speculations about 30 or more Gundams. Supposing there are 12 lagna's holding 3 thrones (12 * 3 = 36 Thrones)

But that doesn't necessarily mean that they are a part of CB.

Also, CB doesn't attack civilians. Trinities do.

It's starting to really be interesting...
Hmm...you've both got interesting interpretations here. But I'll argue that the nomenclature theme is "entity of higher knowledge and authority", which I believe Ragna fills better.

There's also the origination of religion angle, where Team Ptolemaios derives its power from a deeply rooted Eastern religion, while Team Trinity draws from ancient Norse mythology, a Western religion. That in turn can lead in to how each team operating under the banner of "Celestial Being" has different viewpoints and belief systems on the mission statement of eradicating war. The original Meisters have made their interventions on eliminating the source of conflict, whereas the Trinity siblings have attacked the means of waging war. And that's a whole 'nother debate in itself.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 05:36   Link #2751
ipernorris

I think Alejandro (the UN guy) isn't the Trinity's boss: he may be the one giving them orders, but I think the boss is someone else. Why? Well I don't think Alejandro was alive when that mission to the CB wrecked space station was sent 80 years ago.
I think that within CB there is another secret group who has the true power: most likely world domination. I don't think they're just a renegade group: professor Eifmann hinted that Aeolia Schoenberg himself had a different plan different than eradicating the war. It can be that CB are just a cover for this secret group and the Trinity team is just the weakest one because it doesn't make sense that the group holding the true power within CB has a fake Solar Furnace. Aeolia Schoenberg perhaps used the "eradicating the war" excuse to recruit the best scientists around the world, hiding his true purpose. But even so... what's the point of hiding your true purpose if you will be dead for good when it will be accomplished? Unless he found a way to live entire centuries, like putting his personality in a quantum computer or something like that.
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 07:55   Link #2752
Marsala
Delurker

My theory: Livonze (or Ribbons) somehow hacked Veda in the past. Then Neena accessed Veda with Livonze's backdoor, taking information from Veda's databanks. Neena passed the information to Livonze who gave it to Alejandro (shown in episode 17), including knowledge that Professor Eifman was investigating the origin of the GN particles (input into Veda by Sumeragi after Billy Katagiri told her). Alejandro then ordered the Thrones to eliminate Eifman.
Marsala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 10:15   Link #2753
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
If everyone is making up some theories, then I'll do it too:
I think it's interessting, that Alejandro Corner is part of the UN... what if all of the observers are actually members of the UN, and CB is really some secret project of them? Like Aeolia Schenberg had this idea and needed someone to help, so he made the proposal to the UN. (This could explain, why there is the UN's logo in the OP)
And maybe about 90 years ago, there was an observer, who wasn't satified with just observing, got removed from his position becauseo of it, and wanted revenge... so he sent a mission to Jupiter, to retrieve anything of value and created his own group.
Uhm are you forgetting the United Nations AREN'T an indipendent entity but it's made of all the countries around the world? In such an organization the countries with the most military and economic wealth are the most important as well, so it isn't thinkable the three major powers in the world weren't aware of the CB project if it was made within UN. Most likely CB is made by privitate citizens with large economic wealth. I think CB are similiar to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freemasonry
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-13, 14:25   Link #2754
Nvis
Where are the good animes

The green hair guy looks far more suspicious than Lejandro.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-14, 12:18   Link #2755
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

I've been reading through the thread and saw that some ppl don't think Setsuna was old enough at 10-12 to have killed Lockon's parents...I'm pretty sure that during the Vietnam war there were much younger kids then that fighting, or not even fighting but being strapped with bombs and sent into american camps...

Most child soldiers are around that age, its when their ripe for the plucking and can be brainwashed to believe whatever ppl tell em...

anyways, to access Veda don't you need some kind of special trait? like Tiera and Neena, we know their eyes glow that crazy color, who else but Neena could of hacked it?
Old 2008-02-14, 13:14   Link #2756
Nuiihren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
I've been reading through the thread and saw that some ppl don't think Setsuna was old enough at 10-12 to have killed Lockon's parents...I'm pretty sure that during the Vietnam war there were much younger kids then that fighting, or not even fighting but being strapped with bombs and sent into american camps...

Most child soldiers are around that age, its when their ripe for the plucking and can be brainwashed to believe whatever ppl tell em...

anyways, to access Veda don't you need some kind of special trait? like Tiera and Neena, we know their eyes glow that crazy color, who else but Neena could of hacked it?

Yes, that's right. Child soldiers are actually really young when adults recruit them. They are between 6 and 8, maybe a bit older sometimes.

So, I too see actually no problem for Setsuna to kill Lockon's entire family at his early age... and we still don't know how he was involved in that thing. I personally thought at first that Setsuna never left Kurdistan while he was a child, but now I see that he was somehow more important as a fighter.
Nuiihren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-14, 20:20   Link #2757
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post

Most child soldiers are around that age, its when their ripe for the plucking and can be brainwashed to believe whatever ppl tell em... ~
I believe the 10-12 refers to Lockon's age at the time of the incident. Lockon being 24 now, and Setsuna 16; if Lockon was 12 at that time, then Setsuna would have had to be 4 years old.

Cheers.
Old 2008-02-15, 00:31   Link #2758
Nuiihren

Yeah, of course. But didn't we know now Setsuna was the one who did it? Though it looks like nonsense to me. Lockon's parents could have died by another accident caused by Setsuna. I only can say it definetly after the next episode. So, I'm waiting *_*
Old 2008-02-15, 00:37   Link #2759
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
I was under the impression that Setsuna was a child soldier used by Ali to fight during the Kurdish - Azakadistkan war which is hundreds of miles around from Ireland....in which case he would have no affilitration with the IRA.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 00:56   Link #2760
Nuiihren

I had the impression, too. But according to the newest spoilers that Setsuna was the one who killed Lockon's family I'm slightly unsure if he only fought in the East. I mean, it doesn't look to me logical, either. I say it only accroding to spoilers.

Tags
spoilers