AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Maria-sama

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-07-13, 01:11   Link #21
Göönk
Macross fan

Thanks KJ1980 for your complete answer about time.
That is one more reason to buy the DVDs
Old 2004-07-13, 01:45   Link #22
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Göönk
That is one more reason to buy the DVDs
I really wish Geneon USA to license Marimite's first season. Region 2 DVDs are too expensive. One of the obstacle that I can sense is the expensive license. Many Marimite products are significantly more expensive than the rest of the market. It looks that they are maximizing the gain from the popularity of Marimite in Japan.
Old 2004-07-13, 22:42   Link #23
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
Well if they license this series, you wont be able to get the second season from animesuki website ..and guess what!! you might have to pay for those expensive region 2 DVDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeplessHeart
I really wish Geneon USA to license Marimite's first season. Region 2 DVDs are too expensive. One of the obstacle that I can sense is the expensive license. Many Marimite products are significantly more expensive than the rest of the market. It looks that they are maximizing the gain from the popularity of Marimite in Japan.
Old 2004-07-18, 20:56   Link #24
atua

This episode improved a lot once I actually understood what's going on!

I liked Youko's explanation for why Eriko picked Rei as her soeur. This answered one of my long held questions about the series, even if I still thought the reason a bit strange. Admittedly the reason is very Eriko-like I guess.
Old 2004-07-18, 22:50   Link #25
Nequam

Send a message via MSN to Nequam
Quote:
Originally Posted by atua
This episode improved a lot once I actually understood what's going on!
Same here! I thought it was a great episode since I really didn't know much about Eriko up until this point. After watching this one, I have to say that I like Eriko a lot more than I did before. (And I also retract my statement about Eriko being my least favourite in that poll discussion we had going).
Old 2004-07-19, 09:23   Link #26
Bracken33

Quote:
I liked Youko's explanation for why Eriko picked Rei as her soeur. This answered one of my long held questions about the series, even if I still thought the reason a bit strange. Admittedly the reason is very Eriko-like I guess.
After this episode I think that the whole Eriko is a strange person.
On my "maria-sama ga miteru strange scale" she is now ranking very high .

Spoiler:
Old 2004-07-22, 18:11   Link #27
Sharkbark
Annoying Fangirl

Send a message via AIM to Sharkbark
Well, anyone who knows me knows I'm all about the shoujo-ai...

But I don't mind episode 2 at all and really enjoyed it. The primary reason I watch Marimite is for the shoujo-ai, but that doesn't mean it has to be all yuri, all the time. I really love Rosa Foetida's character after watching this episode . The fact that she *gasp* likes men doesn't change that.

I'm beginning to accept the fact that the relationships between most of the girls are not shoujo-ai in the lesbian sense, but shoujo-ai in simply the "love between girls" sense, with of course the exception of Sei and Shiori (my only sadness is knowing that I've already seen what will probably be my favorite part of the series). And I really don't mind that. I'm a fan of all kinds of love between girls, even if it isn't in a strictly romantic sense.

So yeah, I'm a lesbian, and a shoujo-ai fan, but I'm not going to demand that all shows conform to my desires . I think the teasing is good... if the show continusly had Sachiko and Yumi hugging and kissing it probably would get dull after a while. It's the chase that's fun
Old 2004-07-24, 23:11   Link #28
Lanimoo
Disabled By Request

Red face

Hmm... I really don't know about Episode 2. IMO, it just feels like one of those filler episodes that trick people into assumptions, in the end, its what you least expected. Nonetheless, seeing Yumi trip over these things crack me up. As long as there are scenes with Sei harassing Yumichan, I'm happy ^_^

but does any know which episode
Spoiler:
Old 2004-07-25, 00:18   Link #29
Takemi_Ikazuchi

[spoiler]

but does any know which episode
Spoiler:

Episode 4
Closed Thread