AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-01, 12:38   Link #1021
Maximum Burst
Intelligent Device

Remind me not to meet Dragnfly@Gamefaqs in real life. *Casually slips away...*

Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-01, 12:40   Link #1022
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

*punches back*

Yeah, that would be nice XD
Old 2006-12-01, 13:51   Link #1023
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
It's Yoshida Kazumi...though I like Hecate more XD
Well I would never forget Hekate... mainly because Hesiod is such a fanboy.
Old 2006-12-01, 21:25   Link #1024
Mincemaker
Hmmm?

Quote:
*punches back*

Yeah, that would be nice XD
I used to, and still am wondering what happens if Nanoha accidentaly obliterates someone she wants to be friends with.

*Fires cluster missiles at FlameSparkZ*

Last edited by Mincemaker; 2006-12-01 at 22:11.
Old 2006-12-01, 23:32   Link #1025
Alavaria

She can only reduce them to 1HP.
Remember children, Starlight Breaker can be recieved on your Barrier Jacket (Fate-style) without serious harm!

*insert the "I am not a Starlight" jokes here*
Old 2006-12-02, 05:57   Link #1026
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan View Post
Well I would never forget Hekate... mainly because Hesiod is such a fanboy.
Itadaki no Hecate-tan was hilarious, Chibi-Hecate is very moe.

I wonder if they'll make another episode like they did to Shakugan no Shana-tan.
Because there's a OVA of Shakugan no Shana coming out Dec 8th
Old 2006-12-02, 07:08   Link #1027
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
I'm more looking forward to the release of the Novel 14, then the OVA personally, I really wonder will Yoshida chan become a flamehaze with the way the story is going, she did recive the token from Fileth and all.

back to nanoha, do you guy think there is any chance that nanoha's brother and sister is going fight with evil guys maybe, they do have insane swordsmanship and all, or it more like a vain hope
Old 2006-12-02, 09:18   Link #1028
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
I'm more looking forward to the release of the Novel 14, then the OVA personally, I really wonder will Yoshida chan become a flamehaze with the way the story is going, she did recive the token from Fileth and all.

back to nanoha, do you guy think there is any chance that nanoha's brother and sister is going fight with evil guys maybe, they do have insane swordsmanship and all, or it more like a vain hope
I've only seen as far as the Shakugan no Shana anime goes, so I don't really know what else is going on...

About nanoha: I seriously doubt it, they don't have any magical power, their swords would probably break when they clashed against a device or a barrier jacket.

Normal weapons can't do a thing against high-tech magical armor/weapons
Old 2006-12-02, 12:32   Link #1029
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
I wonder of they can get enchanted weapons, still i guess it very unlikely .

still new chapter looks interesting, wonders if that cannon can be using to amp up starlight breaker.
Old 2006-12-02, 13:19   Link #1030
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
well if nanoha has magic potential it could run through the family...maybe just not as strong as nanoha and the fact that they dont have any devices to awaken that power...but yea thinking about it again its probably a no as they are more of a support charater offering advice

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-02, 14:27   Link #1031
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Quote:
About nanoha: I seriously doubt it, they don't have any magical power, their swords would probably break when they clashed against a device or a barrier jacket.

Normal weapons can't do a thing against high-tech magical armor/weapons
I kind of agree because Fate goes through so much concrete apparently unharmed when she's fighting Signum, but on the other hand she routinely fights with Bardiche in Device Mode just using the physical blade against very heavily-armored opponents like Signum (before she had access to Haken) and the Book, so it might be that physical attacks can act as an equalizer when your opponent has an advantage in magical power.

Like there's only a basic level of physical defense in their armor that isn't as easy to increase as the magical aspect. That or they just 'tune' it to take magical damage over physical because magical damage is the type they're likely to receive in quantity...
Old 2006-12-02, 16:28   Link #1032
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

*comes in through the skylight on a motorcycle*
*jumps off and ditches the bike into Kikaifan*

I agree with that. Note that when Vita broke away the jacket, she was practically dead. Other than he amazingly badass last attempt to shoot Vita before the cavalry saved her, she looked like she would die from internal injuries soon if help hadn't come so I do think physical damage is registered on a much grander scale.

Actually, one of my favourite scenes is when Reinforce punches through Nanoha's barrier. Until then we've always seen barriers need huge attacks and a lot of grunting and shouting to break through. She just decks it and BOOM! Shattered.
Old 2006-12-02, 16:40   Link #1033
Kikaifan
Blazing General

*pulls out an RPG and blows it away in mid-air*

Actually, IIRC the only time we see a diagramic barrier broken before that is when Vita smacks Arf's with her hammer. And that didn't so much look to be a break as to have caused enough feedback that Arf lost the barrier, since it just faded out after the hit instead of shattering into a million pieces.

But that's why Reinforce is FTW.
Old 2006-12-02, 17:08   Link #1034
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

*surprise jump attack*

True, Reinforce dark version was insanely powerful, and probably was because of Hayate's intervention that she "split up", leaving the good Reinforce with Hayate and her knights, and only the Beserk Reinforce remained to fight Nanoha and the others.

The power of Yami no Sho probably came from it's original form as the Tome of the Night Sky, who's purpose was to learn as much magic as possible with it's master, but it got currupted, you know the rest.

That would explain how Reinforce dark version copies Fate and Nanoha's attacks and when it turned berserk how it materialized parts of the monsters whose linker cores devoured.
Old 2006-12-02, 17:37   Link #1035
Kikaifan
Blazing General

We're kind of stuck in terms of not knowing how the original book functioned. Chrono described it as just an 'archival book' but it obviously had to be pretty powerful to begin with to end up the way it did. So how much of its exotic abilities to feed off of and fuse with the owner, absorb magic, create false worlds, create a body for itself, and use the magic it knows came from the original form is left to supposition...
Old 2006-12-02, 18:41   Link #1036
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Lost Logia are truly amazing relics, I wonder how many there still are around there sleeping...waiting to be activated, to be used for good or for evil.
Old 2006-12-02, 19:11   Link #1037
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
tbh i dont think weve seen what Lost Logia can be used for (asides from destruction)...they kinda disappeared after season 1...hmm i bet they act like duracel batteries for Asura

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-02, 19:47   Link #1038
Alavaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
tbh i dont think weve seen what Lost Logia can be used for (asides from destruction)...they kinda disappeared after season 1...hmm i bet they act like duracel batteries for Asura
Yami no Sho Lost Logia? I don't think that one disppeared yet lol
Old 2006-12-02, 19:50   Link #1039
Alavaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan View Post
Actually, IIRC the only time we see a diagramic barrier broken before that is when Vita smacks Arf's with her hammer. And that didn't so much look to be a break as to have caused enough feedback that Arf lost the barrier, since it just faded out after the hit instead of shattering into a million pieces.
Arf used Barrier Breaker on Vita's shield in spisode two, before Vita smacked Arf. Also in Ep1 I think Vita broke though Nanoha's Round Shield and later on the Protection...

Ergh... quoted and didn't edit... we need a delete function or something...
Old 2006-12-02, 20:19   Link #1040
Kikaifan
Blazing General

We didn't actually see what happened with Nanoha's shields, but they definitely didn't protect her completely...

With Vita it broke a barrier around her, didn't it?