AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-01-28, 23:24   Link #6601
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
that is because 2 yrs ago, we are still in the same arc.
But saying "We're only halfway done" back then meant it would be about 400 chapters. Saying "We're only halfway done" now means it'll be about 600 chapters. Do you begin to see how this is a significant difference?

Quote:
Let's leave it at arriving to Mahora, a brief breather arc with assorted hinjinks, and then a final arc where the rest of the class gets freakin' something to do at long last. They deserve it after so much time in limbo.
While most of the "special" characters have had at least a bit of exploration now (even Zazie, thanks to her sister stepping in) I suppose there are a few folks still sitting around back on Earth who haven't had much chance to shine.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 23:35   Link #6602
JapaneseTeeth
You don't want to know

@Overmaster: The problem that I see with that is that once the current arc is finished, there isn't much left for Negi to do; all the truly major plot threads will have been resolved, so spending another arc on the students would seem like dragging the manga out after the plot had ended.

Of course, Negi hasn't found his father yet, so I guess Akamatsu could make an arc out of that.

If we want to focus more on the other 3-A students, I think a sequel series would be a better way of doing it. That way the current set of events could recieve closure before we move on the students who aren't involved in the big epic plot.
Old 2011-01-28, 23:43   Link #6603
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JapaneseTeeth View Post
@Overmaster: The problem that I see with that is that once the current arc is finished, there isn't much left for Negi to do; all the truly major plot threads will have been resolved.
And we know this for sure because...?

Negi can't even properly save Mundus Magicus until he's come back to Mahora and got Ayaka's help for whatever he has in mind. And I doubt that'll happen without a hitch once he's there. There's another plot sure to kickstart there IMO.
OverMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 23:51   Link #6604
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Speaking of his return and such ... the one thing I have been puzzling over for some time now is Negi's remark that "Iincho would prolly be able to help out a lot" in the fulfillment of his other solution to Cosmo Entelechia's plan....

I can only assume his remark means that it is somehow related to funds (as Iincho is rich).
Old 2011-01-29, 01:44   Link #6605
DKN117

PREDICTION:

For the final arc, the Lifemaker Reborn will make his way to Earth, having decided to wipe out all life there and on Mundus Magicus. This will lead to Fate Tertium realizing that his boss has gone omnicidal psycho and switching sides.
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 07:48   Link #6606
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
While most of the "special" characters have had at least a bit of exploration now (even Zazie, thanks to her sister stepping in) I suppose there are a few folks still sitting around back on Earth who haven't had much chance to shine.
I'm still hoping for those cheerleaders girls to shine

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 13:24   Link #6607
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
From what I've heard Akamatsu's plan was to end at around chapter 400, so we have enough time for maybe one mid-sized arc after this one wraps up. Of course, he made that announcement a while back, so it's entirely possible that his plan changed.

And as for the "entire school year" thing, we're not exactly clear on how much time has passed since Ala Alba entered the Magic World, so we can't really know exactly how that will affect the story.

Chp 287, page 13. one of the teacher mention they were still preparing for the new term. So the 2nd half of the school year has not started yet.

As one of the other poster said, too questions still unanswered for the manga to end.

Quote:
In short, we really don't know how long it's going to be. Any info concerning length is so old that we don't know if it still applies.
Akamatsu already has the story plan form chapter 1, i seriously doubt he doesn't know how long his story will last.
Old 2011-01-29, 13:48   Link #6608
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Chp 287, page 13. one of the teacher mention they were still preparing for the new term. So the 2nd half of the school year has not started yet.
True, but for all we know, it might be a montage of them studying as a way of saying 'everything's back to normal now'. I don't know how close we are, I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised at anything.
Old 2011-01-29, 14:00   Link #6609
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
PREDICTION:

For the final arc, the Lifemaker Reborn will make his way to Earth...
Hmm ... this is an idea I hadn't thought of.

Have been wondering if the magaka will pull a historical surprise out of his hat - something like the Lifemaker actually being first created by ... I don't know ... Paracelsus or someone?

Am also still wondering what Negi meant when he said Iincho could help out a lot ... hmm ... I sure hope he does not "transplant" the magic world to the internet or something and needs Iincho to buy a huge server room or something similar.
Old 2011-01-29, 15:20   Link #6610
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mycanid View Post
I sure hope he does not "transplant" the magic world to the internet or something and needs Iincho to buy a huge server room or something similar.
And THAT'S how you start a .Hack crossover.
Old 2011-01-29, 16:17   Link #6611
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank-Mage View Post
True, but for all we know, it might be a montage of them studying as a way of saying 'everything's back to normal now'. I don't know how close we are, I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised at anything.
the teacher was complaining that she was still preparing for the new term when she got interrupted by the World tree starting to glow emergency. The chapter also ended with Ayaka and the others heading back to japan form England.
Old 2011-01-29, 16:52   Link #6612
JapaneseTeeth
You don't want to know

Quote:
I sure hope he does not "transplant" the magic world to the internet or something and needs Iincho to buy a huge server room or something similar.
And Chisame suddenly enters God Mode...
Old 2011-01-29, 18:39   Link #6613
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

I with those people who feel that there's still a long way to go before Negima can officially end. After all, there's a number of things that still need to be resolved/explained:
Spoiler for Unfinished stuff:
Old 2011-01-29, 18:50   Link #6614
GreatTeacherKen

Besides those things I think there's story material for Kurt Godel and the Megalosembrian Senate as well. The young Godel is so different from the current Godel who's manipulative and cold that I wonder how he became like that. Not to mention that he did try to goad Negi into killing him, which apparently would've suited his and the Senate's plans; I don't think it's been explained how it would've done so.

Also, from what we've seen, the Senate don't seem to be very nice people so even after Mundus Magicus is saved, they may still prove to be a threat. And who knows, maybe they do have a clue as to what happened to Nagi.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 21:57   Link #6615
JapaneseTeeth
You don't want to know

^^Strictly speaking, we don't need to see the girls graduate, or for the other 3-A girls to get more development. I really hope we do, but it wouldn't surprise me if some stuff got glossed over when the series ends.

But yeah, there's a lot of material for Akamatsu to work with before he ends the series, and I hope he makes the most of it.
Old 2011-01-30, 10:57   Link #6616
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank-Mage View Post
And THAT'S how you start a .Hack crossover.
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
I with those people who feel that there's still a long way to go before Negima can officially end. After all, there's a number of things that still need to be resolved/explained:
Spoiler for Unfinished stuff:
There's also a few more - Misora's "magician boss": Cocone. I wonder if she will be "show her stuff"? Although this one would take (I guess?) a short time to show.... And the strolling twins.
Old 2011-01-30, 14:37   Link #6617
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:

There's also a few more - Misora's "magician boss": Cocone. I wonder if she will be "show her stuff"? Although this one would take (I guess?) a short time to show.... And the strolling twins.
Not to mention how can Chizuru slap a high ranking demon and make him feel it. And how can a powerless Akira outrun Misora in Pactio mode.
OverMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 15:55   Link #6618
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Ffffffff.... cannot un-think.
Quote:
I am totally okay with this.

Chapter 315 sure went by quick. God Mode Negi pounds fire!Fate, "This Cannot Be!", etc...
Old 2011-01-30, 17:01   Link #6619
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTeacherKen View Post
Besides those things I think there's story material for Kurt Godel and the Megalosembrian Senate as well. The young Godel is so different from the current Godel who's manipulative and cold that I wonder how he became like that. Not to mention that he did try to goad Negi into killing him, which apparently would've suited his and the Senate's plans; I don't think it's been explained how it would've done so.

Also, from what we've seen, the Senate don't seem to be very nice people so even after Mundus Magicus is saved, they may still prove to be a threat. And who knows, maybe they do have a clue as to what happened to Nagi.
Actually, while he may be a member of it, Godel is against the Senate, given some of the corruption that's been going on in it (especially given how they ordered the death of Arika, a person he had feelings for, and the attack on Negi's home village just because he's the son of Arika).

Quote:
Good points here. After all:

-Given the title that Cocone receives in chapter 300, there's something going on with her (as in the possibility that she's at Mahora to test a possible immigration plan in case the MW does cease to exist);

-Ken must have something in mind for the twins given how:
  1. They're among the students who are playable at the beginning of the Beachside PS2 game;
  2. the SHAFT TV version has them Pactio with Negi before the mass Pactio later on in the series;
  3. they're among the remaining students when most of the class begins to disappear in the live action series.
Old 2011-01-30, 18:08   Link #6620
GreatTeacherKen

^^

Ahh, I should probably reread the earlier chapters some time as I forgot about that detail about Godel.

Spoiler for ch 315:
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy