AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 09 Rating
Perfect 10 13 15.85%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 35.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 24.39%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 12.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 7.32%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.22%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.22%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-27, 08:54   Link #1
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 09 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for StrikerS, Episode 09.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any unmarked spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2007-05-27, 09:15   Link #2
Aaron008R

Ok. Let's start.
Who's betting on Nanoha getting squarely beaten in the past?
I'm not really sure on what to believe.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-05-27, 09:19   Link #3
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Ok. Let's start.
Who's betting on Nanoha getting squarely beaten in the past?
I'm not really sure on what to believe.
I'm thinking there's three general possibilities...

1, Pwnage
2, Accident
3, Explosion
Old 2007-05-27, 09:25   Link #4
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I'm thinking there's three general possibilities...

1, Pwnage
2, Accident
3, Explosion
Pwnage, definetely pwnage. More drama that way.
Old 2007-05-27, 09:28   Link #5
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Pwnage, definetely pwnage. More drama that way.
To add to this, Pwnage by a human mage.

I sure hope.

Not that I like Nanoha being beaten, but...
Old 2007-05-27, 09:28   Link #6
Ottocycle

I don't think so. My money's on surprise attack considering the fact that Vita was most probably a few minutes' flight from her, and an enemy that's able to overwhelm her head on within a few minutes and escape would be quite hard to find, to say the least.

But I'd say aside from the all-important flashback, I'm actually thinking how Tia's situation would be resolved unhappily, looking at the arguing she's still doing after being blasted. I sure hope Hayate steps in...and narrates that horrific incident when someone didn't do her specified job properly.

What if it's someone we know...like Zest?
Old 2007-05-27, 09:28   Link #7
ichibaka
NSFW leecher

No no no I'm throwing my cookie on it was an accident which Nanoha defended Vita from an attack; now that's not ownage.

2) "Is this really Mahou Shoujo?" "No, its Ma(Demon) Hou(Cannon) Shoujo(Girl)"
Old 2007-05-27, 09:34   Link #8
xizro345
King's Justice

I think that is the least interesting part. I'm more interested in how the situation will develop.
Old 2007-05-27, 09:46   Link #9
Liingo
Love Hina?

I just had another look at the manga and my bets on Nanoha taking a blow that was meant for Vita.

Ahaha, i just realised I've just said what ichibaka said...

Still, it's going to be a good episode regardless. Hopefully we'll see a resolution to Tia 's problems due to her inferiority complex this episode.
Old 2007-05-27, 09:46   Link #10
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichibaka View Post
No no no I'm throwing my cookie on it was an accident which Nanoha defended Vita from an attack; now that's not ownage.
that so predictable that im willing to bet a cookie on it its obvious that vita did something baka which cause nanoha's injury...then comes her rage mode and its sayonara for the enemy

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-05-27, 09:47   Link #11
kari-no-sugata

If some mage/whatever beat Nanoha, then why does Vita look fine? I don't think the situation could have ended like that if it was due to a fair fight.

For the scene to properly tie into the events at the end of ep 8, I think it would have to be partly due to a mistake on Nanoha's part. Something like, not paying full attention while on a battlefield.

Vita seems to blame herself for the events so I'm betting on something like: Vita and Nanoha are on the battlefield together, and maybe after it seems they'd finished all the enemies, they both relaxed. Then a shot came out of the blue towards Vita and Nanoha saw it first and jumped in to shield Vita. Vita is unscathed, but Nanoha is badly injured.

Personally, I'm more curious as to what Nanoha decides to do with Teana and Subaru. Realisticly, I don't think a simple apology from either would be enough - since they haven't learnt their lessons in the past, they aren't trustworthy right now. Basically, they need to learn (and control) fear of death - or at least, fear of Nanoha

I'd suggest maybe something like: Playing a "survivor" mock-battle with Signum - ie Teana and Subaru's goal is simply to survive long enough against Signum going at them directly (though probably have to tune down the physical damage). After being "killed" repeatedly by Signum, I think they'll learn...
Old 2007-05-27, 09:49   Link #12
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
For Vita to go "I'll without fail protect Nanoha" mode. Nanoha must have surely defended her from some kind of really powerful attack.

Also, I hope that the entity who did that to Nanoha was another Mage. Why? More Drama if this Mage turns out to be a Relic Weapon from Dr. Jail. After all, there seems to be another Mage working for Jail called Agito.

Either that, or Nanoha simply messed up by doing some reckless fighting.
Old 2007-05-27, 09:59   Link #13
johnjefferson3

i think everyone here agrees that vita was the origanal target, the only question was, is that, 1.was it an enemy that was targeting vita and nanoha decided instead to take the hit herself and thus save vita, or 2.what if vita and nahora together fighting a supoir enemy and vita got mad, lost her cool and hit nanoha by accendient, since vita at first hated nanoha, but with this accendent caused by vita, was so tramatic that vita did a 360 and now completely supports nanoha, either way there are the 2 most consenus theories, which one do you think happen?????
Old 2007-05-27, 10:05   Link #14
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnishida View Post
For Vita to go "I'll without fail protect Nanoha" mode. Nanoha must have surely defended her from some kind of really powerful attack.

Also, I hope that the entity who did that to Nanoha was another Mage. Why? More Drama if this Mage turns out to be a Relic Weapon from Dr. Jail. After all, there seems to be another Mage working for Jail called Agito.

Either that, or Nanoha simply messed up by doing some reckless fighting.
Well, I dont think any of us doubt that Nanoha defended Vita and ended up like that. That's why some of us are betting for the opposite.

Either way, it would be really interesting if the culprit was human. Maybe Vita will have someone to go berserk on.
Old 2007-05-27, 10:08   Link #15
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
Well, I dont think any of us doubt that Nanoha defended Vita and ended up like that. That's why some of us are betting for the opposite.

Either way, it would be really interesting if the culprit was human. Maybe Vita will have someone to go berserk on.
Ah. I see you've returned. Welcome back, Erio.
And about the possibilities, I remembered somebody said that the nature of the assailant was a unknown. So a sneak attack may be distressingly close to the mark. Personally, I'd like the straight defeat scenario better for more drama.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-05-27, 10:10   Link #16
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

If it is someone human (or at least a living being). That person might not be alive or free now.

Since Vita's mission to herself is to 'protect' Nanoha, not to seek out the culprit... And none of them had brought up the incident specifically again, so it could be assumed that the matter is closed.

EDIT:

Brb in 5 hours to catch the screenshots
Old 2007-05-27, 10:11   Link #17
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Well, there's a number of variations we can go about depending on the context of the situation, but at the outset of things, I sincerely wish, that this event was the result of a uber-class pwnage. I need mental confirmation and ease that there are someone out there who can layeth the smackdown on the aces.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-05-27, 10:24   Link #18
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Ah. I see you've returned. Welcome back, Erio.
And about the possibilities, I remembered somebody said that the nature of the assailant was a unknown. So a sneak attack may be distressingly close to the mark. Personally, I'd like the straight defeat scenario better for more drama.
Thanks But I'll only have access to internet for a few days. I did manage to watch the latest episodes, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
If it is someone human (or at least a living being). That person might not be alive or free now.

Since Vita's mission to herself is to 'protect' Nanoha, not to seek out the culprit... And none of them had brought up the incident specifically again, so it could be assumed that the matter is closed.

EDIT:

Brb in 5 hours to catch the screenshots
Aww, come on now, Chaos-chan. Dont close cases so soon!

I agree with what Aaron008R said: The attacker was an unknown. Probably when Vita sees the culprit again, as Vita was most likely the only one who at least had a glance at the attacker, she will go nuts.

I can just add that if Vita doesnt want revenge on anything, then the incident was just a reckless mistake from both Nanoha and Vita.

I still sand by my hope, though. There has to be some more drama to this.
Old 2007-05-27, 10:33   Link #19
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichibaka View Post
Count me in.

Quote:

Hello, Erio, welcome back. We missed you...

Oh look it's Agent Smith! ^^;

Another possibility is that a battleship fired upon the area Nanoha was in as the Captain deemed it a "necessary sacrifice" to prevent the enemy from overruning their position. That's a cannon big enough to pwn Nanoha when caught off-guard.
Old 2007-05-27, 10:39   Link #20
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Hello, Erio, welcome back. We missed you...

Oh look it's Agent Smith! ^^;

Another possibility is that a battleship fired upon the area Nanoha was in as the Captain deemed it a "necessary sacrifice" to prevent the enemy from overruning their position. That's a cannon big enough to pwn Nanoha when caught off-guard.
Hey, thanks Kha-chan. I'll stop the -chan now, promise.

lol If your possibility is even a bit accurate, I dont think our Aces would still be with the TSAB.

Actually, I dont think the TSAB would even exist by now!
Closed Thread