AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-15, 11:08   Link #4301
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
Continuing with the updates:

Spoiler for Combat Capabilities:

Nothing too h4xx this time (I think ), just a pair of nasty moves
As expected from An Hero, some pretty nasty stuff!

BTW, isnt the Resonance System something similar to the AMF? I dont know if you were part of such discussion in the Magic and Technology thread a few months ago, but we were discussing how the AMF appears to be some kind of noisy sound waves with irregular frequencies and wavelengths that mess up the formation or link between magic particles in spells.

If that's the case, my Gaia has some kind of 'completed' Resonance system. I based his magic breaking special ability on that discussion. Also a reason why his ability looked like Nanoha's Barrel Shot, and when the it hit Natalia, she felt some pressure. In other words, something like sound waves.

Of course, you're using the Resonance System quite a bit differently here, not just for breaking magic spells (in your Full Drive mode).

Anyway, back to your character, I think he's damn deadly. Basically if anything he shoots hits someone, they are screwed. A very nice assassin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
~~~~~~

Random thoughts during baito today. Shopping centres don't have weekends off ya know.
Spoiler for Hmm...:
2 movie refs.

(goes back to working on Epi 16 Trailer)
Are you going treasure hunting now?! You'll need someone interested in getting the map too, like in the movie.
Old 2007-07-15, 11:19   Link #4302
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Uwaa...Haven't posted in a while...

Well...here's some more of Maren, Koji and Yui's (mis)adventures

Spoiler for Not so Formal Visit - Part 1:

Heh~ a visit to the RF6 HQ
I'm not that knowledgeable of military stuff, so there might be somethings that are incorrect

Anyway, Hayate likes to pick on Koji everytime she's able, as expected from Yui-chan's "teacher"

Need to get a name for the serie...maybe something following the "S" in both season's names, hmmm...BreakerS?

Sorry, no drawings in this one ... I'm not in a mood to draw right now...
And none of the scenes in it seem to require drawing (but even if they don't, I still draw them....)

Well, see you next time
Maren a minor...... what gave here that idea Sure she looks young but not that young....right..?

Looking Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
I decided to act on No.4 first...

And here we are... the start of 3 days of 'beautiful hell' for Ashton

Spoiler for Ashton Awakens to Girls: Part 1:

- Yeah serious start but it will be hilarious

@ guys: can i drag some of your OCs into this?

Anyone with a esp pervy methods you can recommend?

Rai will do the henjutsu and snap up the pics for the Album and then you guys get to torture Ashton and 'awaken' him to girls- making him turn into Hiraga Saito in ZnT II ep1.

- Yes, i'm bored
All my OC's are available except for Akilae if you want to use them.
Pervy methods....... what for.....
Quote:

Nice spell list there. Powerful but within reasonable limits. Are all those posion attacks lethal though, seems like if they take damage at all they're going to die a horrible and slow death, regardless of if they win....
Old 2007-07-15, 11:42   Link #4303
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
A mage who uses the principle behind the "Oscillations of Desonance" energy weapon is BRILLIANT!

And it all makes perfect sense, for such attacks work even better on harder and thus more brittle armor, unless it's been composited to have a higher damping.

And by virtue of that, since Kha wears hardened Plate armor while the girls are decked in Leather and Cloth, for the second time in a row, we have an anti-Kha magician. What a coincidence.
Thanks Well, you seem to be right, though this time it's more direct: if Mirian just happened to have an anti-divine spell, Ramsus is generally designed to screw mages specializing in protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
As expected from An Hero, some pretty nasty stuff!

BTW, isnt the Resonance System something similar to the AMF? I dont know if you were part of such discussion in the Magic and Technology thread a few months ago, but we were discussing how the AMF appears to be some kind of noisy sound waves with irregular frequencies and wavelengths that mess up the formation or link between magic particles in spells.

If that's the case, my Gaia has some kind of 'completed' Resonance system. I based his magic breaking special ability on that discussion. Also a reason why his ability looked like Nanoha's Barrel Shot, and when the it hit Natalia, she felt some pressure. In other words, something like sound waves.

Of course, you're using the Resonance System quite a bit differently here, not just for breaking magic spells (in your Full Drive mode).

Anyway, back to your character, I think he's damn deadly. Basically if anything he shoots hits someone, they are screwed. A very nice assassin!
Yeah, that'd be pretty close, though my Resonance system isn't solely targeted at breaking magic, but also at amplifying the user's own spells' power (actually it's more focused on this aspect).

Assassin indeed That's exactly how Ramsus was planned: detects targets from afar, unleashes surprise attacks, penetrates defenses and even if the hit isn't hard enough to kill the victim outright there're additional effects to ensure victory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
Nice spell list there. Powerful but within reasonable limits. Are all those posion attacks lethal though, seems like if they take damage at all they're going to die a horrible and slow death, regardless of if they win....
All bleeding and poison attacks are lethal unless taken care of in time. People should learn to take healers in the parties Magical circuit damage isn't lethal by itself but will seriously cripple a mage until it's fixed.
Old 2007-07-15, 11:54   Link #4304
KBTKaiser

Looking at these poison attacks, I'm sorta glad that Mabiko's familiars are multi-tasking.
Old 2007-07-15, 11:58   Link #4305
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
Yeah, that'd be pretty close, though my Resonance system isn't solely targeted at breaking magic, but also at amplifying the user's own spells' power (actually it's more focused on this aspect).

Assassin indeed That's exactly how Ramsus was planned: detects targets from afar, unleashes surprise attacks, penetrates defenses and even if the hit isn't hard enough to kill the victim outright there're additional effects to ensure victory.
While I was eating I came up with something interesting. Since my characters' special abilities are based on Lost Logia, Gaia can totally possess an ancient artifact with a completed Resonance System, as the civilization back then was far more advanced than the current one. This could make an interesting scenario where Ramsus tries to get a hold of this Lost Logia, if he is interested in completing his experimental system.

I dont plan to have have Gaia use the system to amplify spells, however, though in theory he can totally learn how to do so. He would be unstoppable if I do something like this, though.

I didnt have any plans of giving info about where Gaia's Lost Logia came from because I didnt have any good ideas, but now maybe we can work something out if you want.
Old 2007-07-15, 12:15   Link #4306
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
While I was eating I came up with something interesting. Since my characters' special abilities are based on Lost Logia, Gaia can totally possess an ancient artifact with a completed Resonance System, as the civilization back then was far more advanced than the current one. This could make an interesting scenario where Ramsus tries to get a hold of this Lost Logia, if he is interested in completing his experimental system.

I dont plan to have have Gaia use the system to amplify spells, however, though in theory he can totally learn how to do so. He would be unstoppable if I do something like this, though.

I didnt have any plans of giving info about where Gaia's Lost Logia came from because I didnt have any good ideas, but now maybe we can work something out if you want.
I think we can do such scenario indeed. SSD's job is to investigate Lost Logia related cases on behalf of Intelligence Department, so as soon as the source of your characters' powers becomes clear they'll surely get involved. Though I guess it shall happen after the attack on the Ground Central at least.

On a sidenote: nothing is unstoppable in OCverse
Old 2007-07-15, 12:34   Link #4307
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
I think we can do such scenario indeed. SSD's job is to investigate Lost Logia related cases on behalf of Intelligence Department, so as soon as the source of your characters' powers becomes clear they'll surely get involved. Though I guess it shall happen after the attack on the Ground Central at least.
Sounds good. For now the TSAB only knows about two of my characters, Iris and Natalia, who fought RF6 while it was retrieving another Relic before the Numbers appeared in the anime. So at least SSD and the Intelligence Department should know that there are other girls with huge magical power similar to Lutecia. They should at least have a clue that Relics are involved with them.

But as you said a while back, Serge is waiting to see what Scaglietti does before intervening. For all he knows, my girls are just part of Scaglietti's army.

Quote:
On a sidenote: nothing is unstoppable in OCverse
Hehe, true, but at least I'm trying to stay in canon boundaries... so that in theory I could have my characters appear in the anime without being too overpowered (though they should be more powerful than regular characters, as they are powered by Lost Logia)
Old 2007-07-15, 13:29   Link #4308
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Sounds good. For now the TSAB only knows about two of my characters, Iris and Natalia, who fought RF6 while it was retrieving another Relic before the Numbers appeared in the anime. So at least SSD and the Intelligence Department should know that there are other girls with huge magical power similar to Lutecia. They should at least have a clue that Relics are involved with them.

But as you said a while back, Serge is waiting to see what Scaglietti does before intervening. For all he knows, my girls are just part of Scaglietti's army.

Hehe, true, but at least I'm trying to stay in canon boundaries... so that in theory I could have my characters appear in the anime without being too overpowered (though they should be more powerful than regular characters, as they are powered by Lost Logia)
Exactly, intervening now would go against the plan to let Scaglietti act relatively freely for a time being.

Yeah, in canon having perfect AMF and magic amplification at the same time would be an overkill
Old 2007-07-15, 17:30   Link #4309
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

And the craziness continues...

Spoiler for Not so Formal Visit - Part 2:

Heh...this was fun...very much

Yeah, Rein has a thing for Koji...It'll all be explained later

Maren sure shined when she managed to calm Vivio

And, Yui got a critical blow at her ego when Vivio called her scary

It's late, so I'll do the drawings tomorrow...maybe
Old 2007-07-15, 17:54   Link #4310
Satty
Slash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I'm fine with him having friends who understand him. I was just giving a generalization...It's boring if there's no interaction, right? Just so long as there's not very many, of course.

And while Austin's persona isn't exactly like that... it's almost alright. His speaking style is less "cliche-drill-instructor" though and is a little more subdued and mellow in style. He's also more serious-to-point, but considering this is a one-on-one training, he has a stronger sense of twisted humor when it comes to personal training..so I made some changes overall to his dialogues.

Spoiler for Blood Session NightengaleD:

Quote:
a. Tactics, basically. Improving raw close-combat skills (( not power )), the mentality to adapt to changes in the battlefield, etc. Basically, his training is one that test the physical and mental limits of someone. Like I said, a full-course training is basically an entire 48-hours without rest, sleep, or eat (( and he demands the trainees not eat at all the day before )), so it's kinda like you survive, you pass.

b. Austin stops once someone survives and passes his training, regardless doing only so-so or damn good. What's important to Austin is what he learned, and whether or not he'll keep it in mind. Other aspects that lacks can always be self-learned in time.

c. Austin Trivia : Although Austin expects those under him during training to respect his mentality, mindset, and philosophy of training during training, he does not force it on them. For all he cares, once his trainees leave his session, he's free to not follow his philosophy, just so long as his trainees understand it. Basically, he's fine with it so long as they understand that there may be times in the future when they'll need it, and they better be ready for it.

d. Depends... I suppose. He's very receptive to opinions. I'm not quite sure what you meant, but if it's in terms of conversation, then he wouldn't mind. He's heard enough things about himself to get a weaker man to roll in their graves laughing.

@Saint X : Abrams never reached Admiral. His highest rank is Major, when he retired from being a mage-commissioned officer at his 20s. After that, he's stayed an NCO Drill Inspector, still a Major, but with no promotions. He's highly respected among his peer and slightly younger generation, but he won't be among the "heroes" of TSAB hailed in the near future, despite being the catalyst to training elite mages.
THAT'S AWESOME!!! I can see Satoshi and Austin fighting in a mock battle...mind if I do something like that?

Quote:
Uwaa...Haven't posted in a while...

Well...here's some more of Maren, Koji and Yui's (mis)adventures

Spoiler for Not so Formal Visit - Part 1:

Koji...good luck....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post

Spoiler for Mel:
Nice pictures...

Quote:

Interesting moves...acid rain?

Quote:

Rai will do the henjutsu and snap up the pics for the Album and then you guys get to torture Ashton and 'awaken' him to girls- making him turn into Hiraga Saito in ZnT II ep1.

- Yes, i'm bored
Wow...I want to see what happens later on....and you can use my OC's, I don't have a problem with it...

Quote:

Ouch for Yui.... and what's this about Rein and Koji?

Edit: Hmm...well, here's a picture of Satoshi...

Spoiler for Illegal fanart, lawl:

Last edited by Satty; 2007-07-15 at 20:24.
Old 2007-07-15, 19:25   Link #4311
Aaron008R

Quote:

- Yes, i'm bored
O-ONII-CHAN?!?!?!
HAHA! WIN! Can't wait to see why they call him that?
And about OC's I can lend you Cressida for her 'expertise'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
@Saint X

As Lowe, Aaron and I have recommended, use Tennoka Mabiko/Maouko and Cressida Rush for maximum effect.
Yeah. Her too.

Quote:

KOJI, YOU LUCKY BAAAASSSTAAAAARRRRRRDDDD!!

This is one of the most WIN! chapters ever!

And Rein having a crush on Koji?!?!

GOLD!!!
Cant wait to see why!

Awesome job, FlameSparkZ!

@Satty: Hmm. Not exactly what I imagined him to look like. But the pic fits, nontheless.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-07-15, 19:51   Link #4312
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Go ahead. Same for Aaron.
That's Awesome

Quote:

Is it wrong of me to like Lock On more than his other spells? It's incredibly nift

Although this attack list is awesomely scary With most of the attacks targetting a person's magic circuits, it'll be a miracle if the person can still cast magic afterwards, assuming he survives the corrosion

Quote:

- Yes, i'm bored
Needs...more... Ashton x Subaru perviness

Anyways, Oniichan Breaker Lite FTW!!!

And on OC's... *points down*

Quote:
@Saint X

As Lowe, Aaron and I have recommended, use Tennoka Mabiko/Maouko and Cressida Rush for maximum effect.
*nods* The damage counter will be a sight to behold

Also, I volunteer Wesson for assistance... Snipe Eyes are incredibly useful for... "reconaissance" ...

*runs*

Quote:
Random thoughts during baito today. Shopping centres don't have weekends off ya know.
Spoiler for Hmm...:
2 movie refs.

Excuse me for asking, but what's baito?

And while I get the National Treasure ref, don't quite get the other two

Quote:

Even Rein is into Koji's pimpness, hot damn! *salutes while crying tears of hotblood* I wonder how that happened

And Vivio owning Yui is pure WIN!!!

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-07-15, 20:20   Link #4313
KBTKaiser

baito is job/work. Arubaito is part-time job.
Old 2007-07-15, 20:37   Link #4314
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
baito is job/work. Arubaito is part-time job.
Aaah thanks

-----

Now for some incredibly random Artwork Time, inspired by a visit to the Defense and Sporting Convention at Megamall yesterday, and wondering why I've never tried giving all my characters named after guns insignia before Which is why I came up with this:

Spoiler for *sweats*:

I'm referencing two things here, which shouldn't be hard to figure out

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-07-15, 21:11   Link #4315
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Now for some incredibly random Artwork Time, inspired by a visit to the Defense and Sporting Convention at Megamall yesterday, and wondering why I've never tried giving all my characters named after guns insignia before Which is why I came up with this:

Spoiler for *sweats*:

...Shouldnt be too hard to figure out...?!

I didnt get any of them!!

And where can I look at these "guns insignia"? Sounds interesting. ... Yeah, I dont know anything about guns.
Old 2007-07-15, 21:17   Link #4316
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Aaah thanks

-----

Spoiler for *sweats*:

Glock and Kay...

Esp the Red 'K' and the big 'G'

hehehe
Old 2007-07-15, 21:35   Link #4317
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:

Cute OC thread definitely needs more Rein What's wth her and Koji I wonder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty View Post
Interesting moves...acid rain?
Well, it's not literaly acid rain but similar enough

Quote:
Is it wrong of me to like Lock On more than his other spells? It's incredibly nift

Although this attack list is awesomely scary With most of the attacks targetting a person's magic circuits, it'll be a miracle if the person can still cast magic afterwards, assuming he survives the corrosion
Nothing wrong with that, it's kinda hard to "like" most of his other spells

That's the way to compensate for the lack of sheer power - if the opponent isn't dead ater the attack he's still crippled
Old 2007-07-15, 21:48   Link #4318
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
...Shouldnt be too hard to figure out...?!

I didnt get any of them!!

And where can I look at these "guns insignia"? Sounds interesting. ... Yeah, I dont know anything about guns.
Try wiki

Quote:
Glock and Kay...

Esp the Red 'K' and the big 'G'

hehehe
Got the Glock, but you got the wrong idea about the "K".

The insignia itself is my spoof on two Firearm manufacturer logos: Glock, mainly known for their line of handguns:

Spoiler for Glock:

And Heckler and Koch, aka H&K, or HK, an incredibly popular German firearm manufacturer, known for their submachineguns like the ubiquitous MP5, used by law enforcement agencies all around the world. This is where I got the K from:

Spoiler for HK:

Which is course, is where I got Glock Heckler's name from

Old 2007-07-15, 21:51   Link #4319
Satty
Slash!

Quote:
Try wiki

Got the Glock, but you got the wrong idea about the "K".

The insignia itself is my spoof on two Firearm manufacturer logos: Glock, mainly known for their line of handguns:

Spoiler for Glock:

And Heckler and Koch, aka H&K, or HK, an incredibly popular German firearm manufacturer, known for their submachineguns like the ubiquitous MP5, used by law enforcement agencies all around the world. This is where I got the K from:

Spoiler for HK:

Which is course, is where I got Glock Heckler's name from
Heh, I saw the "Glock" logo, but didn't know what the "H" was for....now I know.
Old 2007-07-15, 22:04   Link #4320
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Backlog! My fault for not being in touch anyway

Quote:
~~~~~~

Spoiler for Hmm...:
2 movie refs.

*spits coffee*

Did I miss something important here?
Closed Thread