AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-12-12, 22:20   Link #1401
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
My god Sugata helping Takuto must be the most over-powered thing ever.
Old 2010-12-12, 22:20   Link #1402
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Is the cybercasket still needed once they go into Phase 3 or is being able to summon your Cybody only granted to those with a mark?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
My god Sugata helping Takuto must be the most over-powered thing ever.
Which is why something is either going to go wrong in their friendship or having the powerups isn't going to cut it when Phase 3 occurs.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 22:31   Link #1403
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Is the cybercasket still needed once they go into Phase 3 or is being able to summon your Cybody only granted to those with a mark?

Which is why something is either going to go wrong in their friendship or having the powerups isn't going to cut it when Phase 3 occurs.
I always thought it was cause of the marks. But having Phase 3 itself would supposedly help give them the edge.

Man ratings for this episode are gonna go high again.
Old 2010-12-12, 22:32   Link #1404
Kagura89

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
Well this a mecha anime so it should be mostly about the fights. While the fights are all colorful and all its too short. A mecha anime with fight scenes for each episode probably lasting 5 minutes at most. I don't care if Takuto wins all the time but the fights are not exciting at all. This probably will change once everybody can be on phase 3 but as of right now the fight scenes are the least enjoyable part to watch which shouldn't be consider it being a mecha anime.
Yes this is a mecha anime but it's not supposed to be traditional mecha show, it's a combination of Utena & Ouran powered by mechs.
If anything goes on, it will probably change in second half but now we are more inclined to see characters motivation than fight itself. The fight are just the way they express their action to achieve their goal. Of course the fight will be more challenging after they obtain third phase so I believe we will have glorious mecha battle later on. Considering I likes tokusatsu & magical girl show that utilize similar formula, this isn't big deal to me

@Dann of Thursday
Well, if they can move freely on sphere cockpit with better control why they need cybergasket that have lag response time & could not use the full power.
Kagura89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 22:35   Link #1405
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
I always thought it was cause of the marks. But having Phase 3 itself would supposedly help give them the edge.

Man ratings for this episode are gonna go high again.
The marks seem to allow one to jump to Phase 3, which allows the Cybody to be controlled through the movement of the pilot's body, which would likely help speed, reaction time, and overall combat performance.

I'm wondering about the Casket since it seems to be the control room for the Cybodies in Phase 2 and once Phase 3 hits they won't really need it unless it has to establish the initial connection or something.

Curious as to what Phase 4 is supposed to entail. 5 just seems to be having them in the real world.

I hope at some point we get explanations perhaps for why they exist at all unless they want to be mysterious and/or confusing about it.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 22:37   Link #1406
Freya

Ierno I liked this series once I saw it. Instant 10 for me. Don't even bring K-ON into this. Only reason why it's so popular is cause it's moe or w/e.
Old 2010-12-12, 23:24   Link #1407
faythz
I.G

wow Sugata use his power again at last,
is it because conversation with head hmm..
seems the next meeting for sugata & head
head will persuade sugata to become leader of kiraboshi
oh yeah nice, hypnotize him head
faythz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 00:01   Link #1408
IronFenix

good episode. I like how this series gives a lot of background on each character and usually the reason they are fighting.
IronFenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 00:39   Link #1409
HandofFate

very entertaining episode.

Spoiler for episode 11:
Old 2010-12-13, 02:41   Link #1410
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Wow, for an episode that's obviously trying to humanize the antagonists, I certainly like it. I dunno, but the Simone's mom's sacrifice was touching to me. She knew that Watanabe was better off marrying Kanako for the sake of the company, and was willing to let Watanabe go. Also makes me intrigued as to why Kanako is very close to Simone and especially her sister, when even she has voiced concern already that Watanabe might be cheating on her with Simone's mom.

Ahh... so many questions, but considering Bones's track record of explaining the little details, I ain't holding my breath. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Urgh shipping. Not again.
Bwahahaha! No matter where you try to run away in the four corners of the internet, you cannot escape it.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 03:54   Link #1411
Key Board
Carbon

Wait this just occurred to me..

Simone's sister knows about Cybodies

Is she part of the Crux too? Someone that is stationed off the island, perhaps?
I know that the Crux has more than just Star Drivers in their membership
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 04:37   Link #1412
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Takuto attracts both sisters. This is getting good, and the fact that Mrs. Watanabe is interested in him as well...hmm

Tauburn continues to pwn its opponents, from Funnels and now a big ass Raiser Sword. They are teasing us on Sugata's Cybody. Here's hoping to see his soon.

The new maiden is kinda interesting, the same goes to her twin sister who is in Kiraboshi and apparently likes Takuto too. It's a shame that the new Maiden's song's not as good as Sakana's. On the other hand, Wako's song is getting better now it has music to go along with.
Old 2010-12-13, 04:52   Link #1413
Kagura89

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Tauburn continues to pwn its opponents, from Funnels and now a big ass Raiser Sword. They are teasing us on Sugata's Cybody. Here's hoping to see his soon.
God I thought I'm the only one thinks about that
Kagura89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 04:56   Link #1414
z3phyr.mp3
:love: Tsukasa :love:
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to z3phyr.mp3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
The marks seem to allow one to jump to Phase 3, which allows the Cybody to be controlled through the movement of the pilot's body, which would likely help speed, reaction time, and overall combat performance.

I'm wondering about the Casket since it seems to be the control room for the Cybodies in Phase 2 and once Phase 3 hits they won't really need it unless it has to establish the initial connection or something.

Curious as to what Phase 4 is supposed to entail. 5 just seems to be having them in the real world.

I hope at some point we get explanations perhaps for why they exist at all unless they want to be mysterious and/or confusing about it.
I don't think all of them can fight Takuto at once once they reach Phase 3. Since they still need the fake marks to pilot a Cybody and from what I see the Cybercaskets give them their fake marks. Being in Phase 3 for the Crux probably just means that they can use their Cybodies Takuto-style like what Banker did this episode(no interface needed to pilot, just their body movements), giving them better control of their Cybodies .

Seeing how effective the Secretary-Banker combo was I wonder if the Crux will start training pairs just so that they can simulate being in Phase 3 if ever they won't get there. Though they still have to worry about Sugata filling Takuto with his libido. xD
z3phyr.mp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 06:01   Link #1415
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3phyr.mp3 View Post
Seeing how effective the Secretary-Banker combo was I wonder if the Crux will start training pairs just so that they can simulate being in Phase 3 if ever they won't get there.
They won't.

Its almost like a steel rule for any villain in any mecha/tokusatsu series. No same fighting plan will be repeated twice. Its kinda stupid actually to dump out a plan that could actually works out, but for GCB, i could understand a valid point why they would want to dump that pairing plan away --> Gaykuto's new Erection Sword.

Beside there are members among GCB with "erection" bigger than Gaykuto's Erection Sword like Sword Star and Stick Star. Like hell they gonna pair with the other members just to fight Takuto.

About GCB's 3rd phase, i wonder if its going to be something like this

margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 06:20   Link #1416
neshru

I wonder if they will ever explain anything about this show. I'm starting to think even the creators don't know where they are going with this, they just came up with a cool background that gives the main character a reason to have a fight every episode.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 08:45   Link #1417
charles88

I only have 1 thing to say this episode.

TWIN ZANKANTOU
charles88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 10:55   Link #1418
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009

Btw, who is this girl who dressed as Asuka from Evangelion?
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 12:10   Link #1419
Aurelia aurita
???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
Btw, who is this girl who dressed as Asuka from Evangelion?
She's a tarento named Inagaki Saki.
Aurelia aurita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 19:37   Link #1420
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I was gearing up for another humdrum episode of wacky antics and not a whole lot going on and then all of a sudden Star Driver hits me with an episode in an entirely different league compared to the last handful and possibly anything we've seen so far.

I seriously can't say enough good things about this episode. Not only was there a distinct lack of the throwaway bullshit that has plagued the first half of episodes throughout the series, but in it's place is quite possible the best character arc I've seen in a while. With time to actually spend on the characters we see Simone, a character who was pretty much stuck in the background for the most part, taken from a third tier character to having one of the more interesting and fleshed out backstories and character arcs. We learn that she resents Kanako as something of an obstacle between herself, her real father and Takashi who I thought she was manipulating before but now I can see she definitely has the hots for.

With all of the even pacing and character building throughout the entire episode we see sympathy developed for Simone and Takashi to the point where I was actually kind of rooting for her to have some success against Takuto so she could climb the ranks in the Glittering Crux and realize her dream. The fight was also interesting where she teamed up with Takashi in order to make use of his fencing ability, but alas she wasn't a good enough pilot and Sugata intervening to make the fight "even" (I'd argue she and Takashi were already at a disadvantage) sealed the deal. However not to let her efforts go to waste we get the twist at the end where sympathy is developed for the previously annoying and underdeveloped Kanako in that she saved Simone's life and really isn't as shallow a person as she came across in the early episodes after all. Still it doesn't look like it's over between the two of them yet as they haven't exactly reconciled their differences and gotten to the heart of the matter and there's still that leadership up for grabs.

Fantastic engaging stuff. Now if we can just get more episodes like this (that use the full run time) for the rest of the Glittering Crux members that develop sympathy and goals for them in place of the wacky school hijinks that usually takes up a good chunk of the episode then this show is going to hit new heights extremely fast. It looks extremely promising too since the next episode looks to be doing the logical thing and picking up with an episode focusing on Kanako who's skill is apparently boxing (who knew?). I have high hopes for the rest of the series now, this episode was more like the BONES writing I am used to so I can't stress enough how I hope it stays like this.

As a bonus I actually got a chuckle out of some of the goings on in this episode that I'm pretty sure weren't played intentionally as comedy. For example the bizarreness of Mizuno riding on top of a bus, everybody being irked at Kanako starting up her demure rambling in the classroom again and the drunkenness at the pool bar...all so much more funny than zany chase scenes going on around a yacht or a game of baseball gone awry. Subtlety, timing and measured use of comedic moments....it goes such a long way doesn't it.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, fabulous, shonen