AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2017-07-08, 14:51   Link #21
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Even worse. The article indicates that some of the non-police labors in the game (including the CRL-98 Pyro-Buster) are driven by terrorists.
I was talking more about the armed persons seen around 2:31 in the new trailer (which I'd seen before reading the article). On a lighter note, one does wonder if you'll be able to unlock the various uniforms from NERV and SVS as well... it'd be a waste if not.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-09, 01:03   Link #22
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
It would be an interesting nostalgia if the NERV/SVS uniforms are used as potential DLC.

As for the yakuza, I'd be interested to know why they're after Yuki and the protagonist/s while the police are busy being attacked by the kaijus and providing relief efforts.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-13, 04:14   Link #23
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

The website has an update today.

Making pre-orders at stores/websites (Amazon Japan, Tsutaya) will have special DLC clothes available. More details will be released.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2017-07-15, 19:15   Link #24
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

http://gematsu.com/2017/07/city-shro...nit-1-scenario

More details on the antagonists and a scenario where the Ingrams intervene.

Old 2017-07-31, 02:09   Link #25
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

The specials page on the website is updated, showing off the costumes when you pre-order from specific stores/sites.

Old 2017-08-01, 11:07   Link #26
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
The specials page on the website is updated, showing off the costumes when you pre-order from specific stores/sites.
Those are interesting, though I'm surprised that (again, so far) they've gone to the trouble to get Evangelions and Labors and not bother with the uniforms made famous by those respective series. And because it'd be folly to expect costume collectors to buy multiple copies of the game, I imagine that these will all be available for purchase at some point after launch (I recall Just Cause 2 doing this).
Old 2017-08-01, 18:24   Link #27
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/08/01...an-tiga-gyaos/

More Ultraman reveals.

Old 2017-08-03, 20:01   Link #28
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

BN revealed that the mechs/Kaijus won't cross in the literal sense and will be seen in stages.

Further DLC is planned, but only after the game is finished since the production team doesn't want to rush.

Old 2017-08-04, 02:16   Link #29
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Preview of the gameplay. This was most likely taken from NicoNico.

Old 2017-08-14, 09:20   Link #30
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Website's updated and it showed the initial playthrough chart and new gameplay info:

Spoiler for STAGE PROGRESS:

The game uses a stage clear system where one stage is needed to be finished to advance to the next one.

The stamina bar system is implemented and it depletes over time when you do actions like using tackle for bashing jammed/locked doors, dashing or dodging by rolling out of the way. Walking, running and crawling won't affect it.

If and when you take the car route, there's a chance that you'll see Mothra duking it out with Battra and if they're close to the bridge, their actions can damage it and make the car crash.

The Gyaos appear in a flock and they do zerg rush, picking on civilians escaping the streets. Even if one is killed, another shows up to take its place.

When you encounter civilians who are at wit's ends, you can help them out or just ignore them and walk away while mocking them. If Yuki finds out, she'll praise you or call you out.

To help Yuki out, you need to get her hand and run with her.

Wearing certain costumes can help increase certain stats. You can wear combinations to see what stats you want to increase.

The stage clear results will appear in the form of a newspaper called "Kyoei News". It'll show some funny results like stealing a police officer's uniform, especially if it's a woman's. The scenario will be addressed as a thief stole the uniform from a koban.

Four more characters are revealed:

* Toru Fujiwara - An unknown guy Shibata/Mudo knows and they're scared shitless of him. Rumor has it that he's a yakuza too. Wears shades to conceal his identity.

* Hitomi Fukazawa - A marine life researcher who the protagonists meet on the ship Shibazakura. She hopes to make observations when the giant shadows started to appear.

* Mitsuo Katagiri - Captain of the Shibazakura. He plans to retire soon, but the crisis seems to stall his future plans.

* Tetsuya Oda - XO of the Shibazakura. Appears to like Hitomi a lot. In charge of securing the ship, especially the engines in case shit goes down.

News in Japan shows off two more shadows for preview soon. From one of the shadows that resembles a robot with wings on the back, I suspect that it's the Griffon. The other looks like a straight cocoon.

Some people have suggested this one...

Spoiler for OTHER SHADOW MONSTER:

Last edited by Yu Ominae; 2017-08-14 at 10:23.
Old 2017-08-31, 08:20   Link #31
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Someone posted the game somehow way before street date. Note sure if it's a early copy or something since I saw this pop up.

Old 2017-09-18, 07:22   Link #32
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

http://knst.bn-ent.net/kusokagaku/articles/

Article is written with the thoughts of Rikao Yanagida on the game's concept. He's a known novel writer in Japan.

http://knst.bn-ent.net/kusokagaku/ar.../article02.php

Talks about the labor's hand cannons and how their use will have potential consequences when used if someone happens to be nearby.

Old 2017-09-21, 06:25   Link #33
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

More updates:

The following will be included as rogue mechs/kaijus:

Type M-5 Abraham from Patlabor, Dada from Ultraman, the Type-3 Kiryū/Mechagodzilla from the Godzilla franchise, and Evangelion Unit-00 and Unit 02 from Neon Genesis Evangelion.

BN also released promotional PVs, which also include the OP.

Some interesting stuff:

- At one point, you can use a horse to navigate around. Also motorbikes KITA!

- One of the many ways you can hide from the yakuza is to pretend to make your voice as a PA system announcer making an emergency message. Yuki will go WTF.

- Some of the other special costumes will include those from the Ultraman, Evangelion, Patlabor and Godzilla franchises.

OP Preview

TGS Trailer

PV trailer.

Old 2017-09-29, 07:14   Link #34
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

http://gematsu.com/2017/09/city-shro...-collaboration

There's a scenario where you face against Dada, which is in human size at the abandoned Cosmic Ray Research Laboratory. Bad news is that it can teleport and sneak around and behind you.

The fight with Mothra and Battra near the bridge will cause damage and holes in it. There's a QTE prompt to avoid it or you die.

Few more new characters:

Mizuki Sawada

- Scientist at the National Cosmic Ray Research Laboratory, who works there to study the cosmic rays. She hides in a storeroom when the NCRRL is under attack.

Haruomi Sasaki

- Another scientist at the National Cosmic Ray Research Laboratory. He stays behind while the staff is evacuated to find out more about the purple flashes of light in Ichi City.

Kousuke Asano

- President of Hyacinth Soft. He was forced to downsize the company and become part-time since someone else took over until the person fled and he was the face instead. He got injured during the attacks and is still worried about working for the deadline.

There's a collaboration with the curry restaurant chain Go! Go! Curry Mokuren Toori Stadium. Since Granzella is from Kanazawa, its makes a cameo as a refuge spot for refugees to hide in. While there, you can eat their curry.

The GGC employee uniforms are unlockables by collecting Giant Shadow Coins.

Unit 00 joins in the fight against the 8th Angel.

Old 2017-10-09, 08:41   Link #35
Firefly00

Quote:
There's a scenario where you face against Dada, which is in human size at the abandoned Cosmic Ray Research Laboratory. Bad news is that it can teleport and sneak around and behind you.
Between that and one other section mentioned in the article, one does wonder how well-developed the stealth mechanics are. Also, for said other section, whether or not it might be possible to turn the tables (i.e. by moving containers to box them in)...

Quote:
There's a collaboration with the curry restaurant chain Go! Go! Curry Mokuren Toori Stadium. Since Granzella is from Kanazawa, its makes a cameo as a refuge spot for refugees to hide in. While there, you can eat their curry.

The GGC employee uniforms are unlockables by collecting Giant Shadow Coins.
Also, I'd said it'd be a waste to not toss in the NERV and SV2 uniforms. Well, Granzella evidently thought so too; they're now part of the first-run package (and, if they have any sense, will be available as DLC for all other runs at some point post-launch).

On another note, the fact of that portion of the JSDF which is on point when it comes to kaiju is called 'Japan Counter-Xenomorph Self Defence Force' does raise the specter of Granzella making a deal with a certain company, leading to the city having to deal with what a certain spacefaring species refers to as the kainde amedha...
Old 2017-10-16, 16:02   Link #36
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/10/16...atsu-monsters/

Interview on how toku monsters/robots/Ultras are selected.

@Firefly

- I'm not sure how developed they are. The best example I liked with the human enemies is pretending to be a fake PA system voice.

Old 2017-10-17, 07:08   Link #37
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Famitsu rated it 31/40.

http://gematsu.com/2017/10/famitsu-r...res-issue-1506

Old 2017-10-22, 15:31   Link #38
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

It's out and peeps are putting up walkthrough vids of it. So beware of spoilers.

Old 2017-10-28, 08:37   Link #39
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

http://gematsu.com/2017/10/media-cre...-101617-102217

A lot of games were sold. 48K and counting.

Old 2018-03-01, 06:08   Link #40
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Someone did a walkthrough demonstration with English subtitles.

The person also uploaded the many kaijus/mechs you can see, including the Patlabors.