MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Old 2016-08-11, 21:54   Link #62
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Old 2016-08-12, 20:18   Link #63
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

I'm surprised they haven't talked about the biggest vehicle of all, the airship.

Just as the host of The Great War would say, it's flying way too low.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-15, 20:02   Link #64
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
New Gamescom trailer today.

The more I see the plethora of automatic weapons, the more my enthusiasm wanes for this game. I'm still eager to play it, and I've said several times it's to be expected that they'd have a ton of automatic weapons to please gamers who want action, but... it's still a bit disappointing.

But the game does look phenomenal. And I'm sure it'll be a blast anyway.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."

Last edited by JagdPanther; 2016-08-16 at 09:05.
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-16, 02:22   Link #65
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So yes. Horse cavalry.

"Ride me closer! I want to hit it with my sword!"
Old 2016-08-16, 12:41   Link #66
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
"Ride me closer! I want to hit it with my sword!"
*Gets shot in the head* or *dies by explosion*

I wonder if you can run them over with a tank

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-17, 04:46   Link #67
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Old 2016-08-17, 13:47   Link #68
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

I hope there's a snow map, always a fan of those. Don't know of any battles in the snow/mountains of WWI though. Horse riding/combat looks fun, but I foresee it as just a means of quick transportation in the future just like the Humvees and Quads were. People on those were easy kills as well.

Old 2016-08-17, 20:01   Link #69
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode120x View Post
I hope there's a snow map, always a fan of those. Don't know of any battles in the snow/mountains of WWI though. Horse riding/combat looks fun, but I foresee it as just a means of quick transportation in the future just like the Humvees and Quads were. People on those were easy kills as well.
There was lots of fighting in the Alps during World War I. I believe the Italian Alps campaign is already confirmed for the game.

Old 2016-08-18, 04:44   Link #70
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
New Gamescom trailer today.

The more I see the plethora of automatic weapons, the more my enthusiasm wanes for this game. I'm still eager to play it, and I've said several times it's to be expected that they'd have a ton of automatic weapons to please gamers who want action, but... it's still a bit disappointing.

But the game does look phenomenal. And I'm sure it'll be a blast anyway.
Im kinda disppointed by all the automatic weapons too, hopefully they are inaccurate as all hell to compensate or something.

Anyways, I noticed something... Lawrence of Arabia at the end, that was a woman's face and wit the dialog it seems to imply that it could be him. Is this some twist Dice is doing or what?

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2016-08-18, 07:17   Link #71
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Anyways, I noticed something... Lawrence of Arabia at the end, that was a woman's face and wit the dialog it seems to imply that it could be him. Is this some twist Dice is doing or what?

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I guess she's the woman you play in the singleplayer campaign... why she is there in the desert and called Lawrence, I don't know.
Maybe dressed up as him to act as a decoy.
Old 2016-08-18, 19:12   Link #72
JagdPanther

I can't imagine Dice would change the gender or a real-life person. It has to be something else, like she is a colleague of sorts...

Old 2016-08-19, 00:02   Link #73
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Perhaps there is more than one person taking part in building the legend itself. Those black ops people can almost do anything to make believe.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-24, 20:11   Link #74
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Open beta confirmed for August 31st.

https://www.battlefield.com/beta

Doesn't say how long, but I'm hoping for more than a week. I leave for Costa Rica on the 31st and won't be back for 8 days to play *sadface*

Old 2016-08-30, 01:53   Link #75
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Well, I just received and redeemed my invite code for Battlefield 1. The game icon is showing up on Origin, but I'll have to wait until this afternoon to download the binaries themselves; in the meantime, I have a premium time booster that's running in Armored Warfare and I have at least ten matches I imperatively must play (so that I have the credits necessary to buy that elusive Leopard 2A6 ) before I can go back to BF1.

Don't think I'll buy the full game, though, for reasons already mentioned.

EDIT: okay, all done. Now I can go grab that Open Beta; it's only a 7.1GB download, so it shouldn't take much time.
EDIT bis: as with all BF betas, it's just one map, two modes. Sinai Desert, Conquest and Rush.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2016-08-30 at 05:46.
Renegade334 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-30, 07:53   Link #76
Keila

As someone who has reached level 15 in the beta, there are some insane balance issues currently.

• Vehicles > Everything

• Vehicle cannons (ie. big shells that go boom) have low accuracy (ability to repeat shots, even against stationary targets).

• Vehicle machine guns (ie. stream of bullets) are pin-point accurate across the entire map.
Keila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-30, 13:44   Link #77
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

1. UI is bugged. I have encountered a few cases wherein I'd try to leave ("Return to Menu") instead of continuing to play and would be dumped into a new match. There have also been a few other instances where the screen would "jam" (background is present, but no images, no menus, no captions, no buttons or links) and I'd be forced to ALT+TAB and force the client to close.

2. Tanks are way overpowered. When you're equipped with a machine gun, you can practically play tower defense all on your own (if, as I have encountered more than a couple times, the other players disdain climbing into your vehicle to man the sponson cannons) and mow down every target that comes in your line of sight (except the landships/light tanks, where nothing short of an antimateriel rifle with tungsten K rounds can pierce the armor).

3. Vehicles are buggy. I tried to climb into some of them only to realize they were completely unresponsive. Can't turn, accelerate or reverse. I tried modifying my key bindings, but that only rewarded me with moderate success: I have been unable to use the horse, I'm practically like a bronze statue waiting for my keyboard commands to register. Due to these issues, I haven't bothered experimenting with the timeless "Jeep Jihad" that worked so well in BF3 and BF4.

4. Aircrafts are...meh. Not as agile as the planes in BF3/4 and I even encountered "inverted" issues where my mouse and keyboard were obviously in conflict. I managed to more or less fix it, but the experience was not really transfigurating. It was just made worse by the fact that antiaircraft artillery kept shooting every aircraft (wherein I'd be the copilot or the rear gunner) down within a few seconds of spawning.

5. I'd have preferred the European Theater instead of the Middle East. Granted, the Sinai Desert was part of WWI and is one of the lesser-known facets of the Great War (especially von Kressenstein's well-organized defense of Palestine and the German/Ottoman efforts to breach the Suez Canal and invade the British-ruled Egypt), but I preferred the gray-green map shown in the E3 demos. I must however admit my annoyance owes more than a little to these annoying sandstorms that every once in a while sweep the map, completely blinding you (it was already there in BF4, in the Gulf of Oman refresh, though...but still).

6. A bit too many stationary weapons IMHO. I can't remember the number of times I spawned only to be blown to smithereens by someone camping with a canon or a Maxim.

7. Dollars from BFH have been replaced with War Bonds. The good part: it still allows you to choose which weapon you're going to use next. The silly part: DICE, just call them a soldier's salary...war bonds were primarily sold to those who stayed behind, off the battlefield. Basically, it was a way for the government to drum up funds to pay for new equipment/weaponry/ammunition and pay the soldier's salary, with the promise of future reimbursement. Little sheets of paper with a serial number and a projected figure on it had virtually no value for those on the front...those poor sods were often known to spend what little they had in either victuals (when they could buy them from the nearby population) or gambling because they simply had no confidence they'd live to see another day.

8. It's possible to spam fire the semi-auto rifle of the Medic class, almost like an assault rifle. DICE, please add a little reload delay, like, a half-second or something?
Old 2016-08-30, 14:37   Link #78
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Its a bit of a mess.

Weapon balance is all over the show, and far too many players using the scout/sniper class. I counted half my entire team using them on conquest earlier, which meant we got completely steamrolled by tanks since only a few players were assault with tnt/AT grenades. Also the hitbox reg issues from previous games seems to be ever present.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-31, 09:28   Link #79
Keila

Well, the people running hacks are already active, that didn't take them long.
Keila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-31, 13:01   Link #80
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

I know Battlelog has always been rather unpopular with the player base, starting with BF3 all the way up to BF4, but bloody hell, bring it the F_ back for BF1. The menu UI is buggier than a Windows OS with half of its DLLs, registry entries and backup libraries missing. Not only have I got a plethora of connection issues at this very instant, but whenever I manage to log in and try to jump into a match, either the game throws me an error message or just abandons me in limbo like a sack of bananas that have long passed their expiration date.

While I could blame the current slew of issues to a mere (and hopefully, temporary) connection problem with EA's servers, the UI has already given me (figuratively, of course) crabs before and it proves itself to be the game that keeps on giving, but not in a good way. Whoever coded the UI never bothered to implement lines of codes to catch hang-ups, interruptions and other errors to bring back the player to a safe spot where he can try his damnedest all over again till he hits gold. It's the fourth time this evening (in less than a quarter of an hour) that I had to kill the Battlefield 1 program in the Task Manager. I don't recall this ever happening with BF3/4/H.

Also, who the hell decided to make the enemy spot symbols so damn small on the HUD? What's the point of spotting someone far away if the little soldier icon is almost impossible to make out? Ever heard of colors and saturation, DICE?

EDIT: yes, I'm not the only having connection issues ATM. The problem's on EA's side.