Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-03-11, 07:51   Link #2161
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
It's EDI actually, and yes I totally set the two up, laughing the whole time.

Ah yeah in US it's EDI.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 09:04   Link #2162
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

So yeah. I don't even.

Spoiler for Ending/General story/Taliface:

I bought ME3 to finish the trilogy, and for having fun in multiplayer. I... regret my choices even though the journey was awesome. But now I'm done with Bioware and EA.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 09:06   Link #2163
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
It's EDI actually, and yes I totally set the two up, laughing the whole time.

Spoiler for ending:
Spoiler:
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 11:07   Link #2164
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

^
Spoiler for ending:
Old 2012-03-11, 12:10   Link #2165
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I think I decided to not play this game after all. I wanted to play this game for Tali; but after finding out the endings available, I don't see the point of it any more. For me, how it ends matters.
Old 2012-03-11, 13:46   Link #2166
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
They can easily solve the problem that majority fans find annoying with an DLC. And I wouldn't mind paying it, but I don't think BioWare actually cares, unfortunately...
Old 2012-03-11, 16:11   Link #2167
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Actually BioWare cares a wee bit too much... about making money. In fact, I'd actually say it was deliberate on their part otherwise there would be no point to DLCs if they had a satisfactory ending.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 16:20   Link #2168
Alchemist007
*Author

Hrm, this is disturbing:

Old 2012-03-11, 17:23   Link #2169
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

"Please buy this DLC. No, you aren't actually paying for the character, silly. You are paying for a single line of code to be changed. Now please buy it. Did we say you should buy it? What do you mean, bad business? LALALALALA CAN'T HEAR YOU, STOP WHINING."

Is roughly how my theory about how this came about went.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 17:30   Link #2170
Jaden

Well, luckily this bullshit was already called before the game came out. A few years back I almost liked EA, seemed as if they were becoming more customer friendly...but after that, the bugs with their servers for bfbc2/bf3 have been less than impressive. And now they're shooting themselves in the foot with this thing. It's too bad because I sort of like Mass Effect and SW: TOR, and I wish I could be happy about giving them my money.
Old 2012-03-11, 18:14   Link #2171
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Little wonder WoW still has my money, and I'm back to Star Trek now.
Old 2012-03-11, 18:16   Link #2172
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
I started playing yesterday.
I found a few pros to this game but so many cons that I actually prefer ME2 over this, even 1 was better.
What I liked; the character responses for a few are what I would call more open and relaxed. Of course I checked out Garrus right away and he wasn't written out of character in fact he seemed to be written more open this time whereas last time I thought it was still held back.

The cons of course; first the obvious parts.
Animation bugs; there are too many to list, Turians turning their heads and it passes through their armor mesh, I ended up gliding backwards over out of bound objects int he hospital when meeting someone. Finger animations still look creepy, they already did in ME2. The low quality textures on armor etc. I also went to the club in the Citadel and after seeing a screenshot I was actually shocked they just placed grey meshes like statues in the distance shots without moving and a few casual standing people nearby (and on other locations where they just used low res images; cause you don't see them from any other angle anyway, right Bioware?). I was missing the club on Omega right away, at least there I could drink.
Lastly camel toe, a mistake made by the riggers when weightpainting. It is a process that takes time and precision but if you work for a company and end up making such a silly mistake then shame on you..
I hope there's a massive patch coming up because the above are quite irritating though bearable.
What I found less bearing was the amount of bugs in quests etc. in ME2 the journal was a little vague this time it happened again. I had to talk to some assistant as part of an alliance quest and the guy was not selectable and didn't even show up on my map, not even after milking out all possible talk responses of the giver. Annoying as it is I still do not know how to solve this.
Then the new map functions which someone needs to explain to me.
Spoiler for quest details:

Other than that I do like the feel of the game, it brings back the good old; I want to finish this game because I am having fun-feeling inside of me. But the above listed make me annoyed on some points int he game that I would even consider not playing it.
With ME1 and 2 I could play on for no end but here I don't really feel the urge to game when I have spare time because I know I have to run around doing other people's business in a city first with no action.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 19:44   Link #2173
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Hrm, this is disturbing:

LOL. I distinctly remember having to download 600MB worth of data when downloading From Ashes.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 19:52   Link #2174
Xion Valkyrie

I think like someone said, the best way to play the game is to play to the end, and after you select your 'ending', turn off the game and just imagine the ending playing out in your head instead of letting Bioware's ending ruin the series for you.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 20:02   Link #2175
Alchemist007
*Author

They left the best ending open enough I think to make what you want of the character's fates. Although I agree the overall selections available are underwhelming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
LOL. I distinctly remember having to download 600MB worth of data when downloading From Ashes.
It supposedly only puts the character and some of his lines into the game. The stuff you have to download is the actual quest having to deal with him.
Old 2012-03-11, 20:29   Link #2176
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
It supposedly only puts the character and some of his lines into the game. The stuff you have to download is the actual quest having to deal with him.
That's nothing new though, they did that with Zaeed and Kasumi. Difference being Zaeed's bonus power as well as Kasumi's character model and bonus power are not in the original ME2.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 21:35   Link #2177
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

So i beat the game, the scene with Anderson and Shepard at that bar was funny, I was suprised garrus came with them. Tali was waitin for me on Rannoch.

^ better ending.
Old 2012-03-11, 22:02   Link #2178
kikko_s
What's in a name....?

Send a message via AIM to kikko_s
Glad I'm not the only one raging about ME3's ending

Well, not "raging" per se. But It's really bad how they couldn't make an ending that fits within the narrative of everything else up to that point.

Don't know if this was posted earlier on this thread, but there's some interesting tidbits from SomethingAwful forums:

Spoiler:

But instead of that...they went with...

Spoiler:
kikko_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 22:04   Link #2179
Who

Either one would've been brilliant if handled properly.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 22:20   Link #2180
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
@Karuma: The percentage (readiness) only increases if you play the retarded multiplayer.

To make the Reapers leave a system, go do a mission (any will do, even an N7 sidequest). They'll be gone when you're done.

Tags
effect, games, mass