AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-08, 12:46   Link #101
Weils

Here's the opening and ending theme animations for Shiki.

OP: "Kuchizuke" (くちづけ) by Buck-Tick
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxDTEvffeZY

ED: "Walk no Yakusoku" (walkの約束) by nangi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI2BUAXsG6Q

The Usual Suspects
Weils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 12:48   Link #102
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

Has anyone managed to see the whole thing yet? I havn't and I'm going nuts.
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 12:55   Link #103
Weils

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelLuvsPnut View Post
Spoiler for Ep 1. spoilers:

The Usual Suspects
Weils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 12:58   Link #104
darktruth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weils View Post
Spoiler for Ep 1. spoilers:
October 27th.
darktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 13:18   Link #105
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelLuvsPnut View Post
Subs are up on Funi's offical site.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 13:32   Link #106
Neat Hedgehog
Hack of all trades

Watched it on Funi. I was a little surprised that the streaming quality didn't actually suck.

I can't really give it an opening rating based on the first episode. Horror / suspense / mystery shows generally have predictable setups (the token redshirt, forced "oooh, what's going on here" moments, corny "slice-of-life" stuff) and are pretty much all the same during the first 1 - 2 episodes. I will say that it seems like it has a fair shot to be better than other, similar shows I've seen lately, and does succeed in setting a cool atmosphere.

Basically, it had a slightly better than average setup, and even if it didn't really "grab" me in any particular way I do want to keep watching to see if they can really something neat with the setup out of the way.
Neat Hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 13:49   Link #107
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Pretty good first epi. I though the balance btwn creepy and slice of life was good, hoping to get much more the creepy in epi 2.

my one complaint...so many characters @_@ Its gonna take me a few epis to sort them all out.

I like the monk
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-07-08, 14:00   Link #108
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Highly promising start. I've read quite a bit of the manga, and I thought this was less confusing, even though it surely was a bit confusing. The brighter look, and a bit more clarity in the visual differences among the male characters, probably helped make it a bit easier to follow. But it was as creepy as the manga, for me, either because of or in spite of the little jokey bits. The horror is rather restrained in both.

I loved the character design and the overall look, and the framing and scenes were excellent. So were the OP (especially the music) and the ED (especially the visuals).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 14:20   Link #109
Horse

Better than I expected, my main problem lies with the character designs I guess.

For now Moyashimon wins.
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 14:59   Link #110
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
I like the monk
Knew you would.

Seriously first good episode. Did a fantastic job of setting the dark mystery mood that's a big part of what makes the manga so good, so i'm very pleased here.

Takanashi Yasuharu score is easily the best part about this show. He's done scores for a few shows like this in the past (Mononoke, Jigoku Shoujo), so he's without a doubt the perfect composer for the job.
Old 2010-07-08, 16:11   Link #111
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Lots of characters was my main thought. Although, that guy with the blue hair and the moving truck, was it just me or did it look like his hair was styled to have cat ears? XD And I suspect that the creepy looking purple haired girl is the daughter of the new family in the mansion, looks like she and her mom have the same eyes.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 16:14   Link #112
LKK

Quote:
my one complaint...so many characters @_@ Its gonna take me a few epis to sort them all out.
No kidding. Someone needs to come up with a scorecard. I suppose that by naming everyone like they did, they make it less obvious who's marked to die. (Cuz only named characters matter when it comes to character death.)

Speaking of death, I was sure all along that Megumi was going to die even without the opening sequence. Then when she didn't die, I was surprised. Then when she did, I was even more surprised. A neat double twist from what I expecting.

Quote:
I like the monk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Knew you would.
I knew it too. Seriously, as soon as I saw him, I thought Manju's gonna like him. Right now, my interest is in the new kid in town (Yuuki?) followed by the town doctor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Although, that guy with the blue hair and the moving truck, was it just me or did it look like his hair was styled to have cat ears? XD
Not just you. I've thought that ever since I saw him in the trailers.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous

Last edited by LKK; 2010-07-08 at 16:15. Reason: added more stuff
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 16:31   Link #113
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
followed by the town doctor.
Yeah he's my favorite, though i'm a sucker for characters voiced by Ookawa Tooru, who voiced a certain demon king who you very much love.
Old 2010-07-08, 17:24   Link #114
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Lots of characters was my main thought. Although, that guy with the blue hair and the moving truck, was it just me or did it look like his hair was styled to have cat ears? XD And I suspect that the creepy looking purple haired girl is the daughter of the new family in the mansion, looks like she and her mom have the same eyes.
The guy with the 'ears' name is Tatsumi. The reason for his hair is never addressed, but I have my suspicions.
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 17:36   Link #115
Silverwyrm

A lot of the character designs bug me, so much weird hair and clothing articles sticking out disproportionately and stiffly bugs me.

That aside, I'm certainly looking forward to more.

Spoiler for spoilers:

Last edited by Silverwyrm; 2010-07-08 at 18:35.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 19:06   Link #116
lHyDrAl

Though not much happened this episode I was actually fairly impressed, maybe cause it was better then Higurashi's opening episode? Kinda sad Megumi died off this episode when most of the episode was seen through her perspective. Oh well, we all knew the purple haired guy whose name I can't remember would be the main character. Hopefully we have something better then Higurashi in this anime.
lHyDrAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 19:07   Link #117
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK-Sensei
No kidding. Someone needs to come up with a scorecard. I suppose that by naming everyone like they did, they make it less obvious who's marked to die. (Cuz only named characters matter when it comes to character death.)
Seems Ono-sensei likes to cram a lot of characters into her works, I remember one of the chief complaints about GH epi 1 was having everyone introduced rather quickly. Shiki though definitely had more characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Yeah he's my favorite, though i'm a sucker for characters voiced by Ookawa Tooru, who voiced a certain demon king who you very much love.
He's Arawn-sama?? Oi bad fangirl on my part, I didnt even make the connection
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-07-08, 19:09   Link #118
Sixth
Hu Tao

This series going to be flop. There is just don't have enough materials to end it unless that they are going for novel ending which isn't that good.

and the novel route is extremely different from the manga route as well. I wonder which source that the anime going to pick over...
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 21:03   Link #119
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by lHyDrAl View Post
Kinda sad Megumi died off this episode when most of the episode was seen through her perspective.
I wouldn't be surprised if Megumi returns eventually. Maybe not wholly alive, mind you. But I expect her to return. *

* Not a spoiler, just a speculation. I know nothing about the source material.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 21:20   Link #120
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I was watching this episode and, when I saw the dead bodies, I was thinking "More zombies? Man, the zombie trend must've really caught on in Japan too."
Speaking of source material, could someone who is familiar with it check out the ANN plot summary and see if it really is giving a way a big twist? I was looking at the ANN page and I'm pretty sure it does have a huge spoiler there but since I haven't read the original I'm hesitant to send an error report.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horror, shounen, supernatural, vampire