AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-10-11, 12:46   Link #1081
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

This game I want right now! the game is just sooo juicy, even though I don't like the idea of the multiplayer stuff.
Old 2011-10-11, 14:16   Link #1082
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
It might be best to simply wait for the novelization of ME3 since I strongly suspect the shooter aspects to be upped and the RPG elements to be even more streamlined.
Or do what I did before I ever knew about Mass effect; watch game videos on youtube.
Actually, they want a mix of the best of both aspects. Or in other words, something between ME 1 and 2. So no need for panic in your case.
Old 2011-10-11, 19:31   Link #1083
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larthak View Post
Actually, they want a mix of the best of both aspects. Or in other words, something between ME 1 and 2. So no need for panic in your case.
I just hope this doesn't mean the return of the Mako(1) and mineral scanning(2).
Old 2011-10-12, 00:30   Link #1084
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Co-op mineral scanning. That's where the real fun lies.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 00:37   Link #1085
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Dueling probes! Mako races!
Old 2011-10-12, 01:50   Link #1086
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

"Race over that flat field. The person who doesn't get eaten by a Thresher Maw wins."
Old 2011-10-12, 08:47   Link #1087
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Stickskill: Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Details Revealed

A whole lot more info on the Coop MP Galaxy at War here, including my choice bits from the article:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickskill
While you’re going through a variety of locations in singleplayer, you’ll see first-hand how the war has hit different colonies. Galaxy at War mode follows suit, allowing your individual character and team to take up arms to defend these various locations. Your squad is under the command of the Alliance Navy officer Admiral Hackett, making his return from each game. Fighting in each various area will and successfully defending it will “win for interstellar freedom”.
Quote:
Each class that you select from will allow you to select from a variety of races. Ranging from the likes of a Krogan to a Drell, you’ll have a good bit of variety to choose from. Yes, a Drell, the same race as Thane from Mass Effect 2 (we’re excited).
Quote:
As you can probably figure, each class will allow you to possess “specific abilities” as well as the ability to upgrade a few. Krogan soldiers were described as being able to use a charge attack to known down enemies, along with Soldiers being able to use the Omni-blade for a few rather lethal attacks. For those wondering, you’ll also be able to choose your gender when choosing any class.
KROGANS CHAAAAAAAAARGE- *ehem*

Also incidentally has a better description of the War Assets system in place, which is also present in the singleplayer:

Quote:
Everything you do in the singleplayer campaign will earn you in-game currency called “War Assets”. War Assets allow you to purchase things such as allies, friendly fleets, or even a facility such as a radar station.
The War Assets system does appear to be ME3's main Strategic-Scale gameplay element, and I'm very curious as to how it works and is presented.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 09:20   Link #1088
james0246

No offense, but what are grunts supposed to do against Reapers? Unless the maps are set-up around creating defenses against the Reapers, or activating BFGs, then all the game will be is nameless grunts against fodder in one pointless struggle after another (Grunts can't outshine Sheppard after all). Now if Bioware provides some sort of flight level, at least then it will seem like the grunts are actually fighting the Reapers as opposed to simply killing mindless drones...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 10:11   Link #1089
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Why would grunts be useless against reapers? It's a galactic war, there's no possible way Shepard can handle all reapers by himself, so we know that the rest of the galaxy is doing its part in taking them down.
Old 2011-10-12, 11:49   Link #1090
killer3000ad

Casey Hudson talks about the new multiplayer.
Old 2011-10-12, 14:38   Link #1091
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

So the MP will affect your SP experience? shit, man.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 14:50   Link #1092
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
So the MP will affect your SP experience? shit, man.
Only if you want it to. It's optional.
Old 2011-10-12, 14:53   Link #1093
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Shit, man..as in that's actually pretty cool. I really don't mind MP at all.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 17:08   Link #1094
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Only if you want it to. It's optional.
That's like saying certain side quests are optional, except the whole concept is that it's multiplayer colliding with the single player. I'm withholding further judgement until I see how it works though.
Old 2011-10-12, 17:33   Link #1095
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
That's like saying certain side quests are optional, except the whole concept is that it's multiplayer colliding with the single player. I'm withholding further judgement until I see how it works though.
ehh isn't that exactly what side quests are tho optional?

As far as I can see you don't need to play MP if you don't want to so if you don't like MP then you simply don't play it and it doesn't affect the SP in any way.
It's basically like any game that provides online/offline play expect that online can affect your SP if you choose to do so.

Yes that is only based at face value atm but if what they are saying is true then I see no need for SP fanatics to be raging.

I would have thought any season player here could see that they have gone to great lengths first and foremost at providing a solid SP game like always but they have also taken up the challenge of MP now but as a optional thing.
Depsite what anyone thinks of EA or some of Bioware preious works, I think ME3 is a safe bet they won't really mess it up too much.
Old 2011-10-12, 17:38   Link #1096
Irkalla
I asked for this

Why should I pay for something I'll never use? I hate MP.
Old 2011-10-12, 17:51   Link #1097
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irkalla View Post
Why should I pay for something I'll never use? I hate MP.
You do realize you would have paid the same standard retail price for the game even if they didn't put in multiplayer, right? Virtually all new releases start with the usual $60,- price tag. Both former Mass Effect games did, and they didn't even have multiplayer.

Hell, looking back on what I just wrote, it means they're giving you multiplayer for free.
Old 2011-10-12, 17:53   Link #1098
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I generally only hate MP when it's hardcore competitive, like in the majority of first-person shooters. Mostly Halo. I hate Halo MP. This doesn't sound too much like competitive MP.
Old 2011-10-12, 17:56   Link #1099
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

It's co-op, that tends to be the very opposite of competitive most of the times.
Old 2011-10-12, 18:34   Link #1100
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
The complaints about MP simply existing in ME3 make me ROFLMAO hard. I really don't get why simply adding a MP mode ruins anything. So long as the thing doesn't feel tacked on and makes enough sense in terms of the franchise I'm okay with it. At the very least, the fact it's co-op makes me very happy.

And guys, the MP is being developed by a separate team off in a separate studio in a different city anyway so any assumption that it's taking away development of the single player is entirely false.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
effect, games, mass