AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 127 57.73%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 59 26.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 11.82%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 1.82%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 0.91%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.91%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-16, 00:51   Link #121
ECFNW

This is only the second time I think I've ever given a 10 to any anime episode, and I can't remember another recent anime episode that I've watched so many times and still enjoy watching.
Old 2006-04-16, 00:54   Link #122
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakxenon
Somebody voted a "1".

Overrated: Quality does not meet popularity expectations.

Suzumiya Haruhi is definately not overrated. Very well underrated, actually, until popularity soars even more (not according to seeds:leechers, though XD).
*shrugs* so one person voted a 1 in the poll, it's not the end of the world. I think there's too much emphasis on what others like. What's most important is what you, as the viewer like. And if you find someone that mutually enjoys what you like, then there could be some discussion that comes out of it. I'm not really sure if the poll is really necessary for a discussion thread, but it's the will of the mods. Personally, Suzumiya Haruhi and Ouran HS Host Club are in a tight race for the throne for this season with Suzumiya having the slight advantage from its near-perfect presentation, but hey that's my view and not everyone agrees with it.

Now on-topic for a little bit, I can't wait for episode 3 to be subbed, hopefully the rest of the cast will be introduced...or hell I'd settle for Tsuyura-san being introduced

That is if I can wait that long for the subs...O.o
Old 2006-04-16, 01:14   Link #123
Pakxenon
popcorn

Suzumiya Haruhi > Ouran HSHC = School Rumble SS, after having sat through ep2 of the last two. This season is going to be awesome!
Old 2006-04-16, 02:23   Link #124
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

I don't give tens to anime episodes unless they strictly deserve it.
This episode started off very quick and I made up my mind already: "Want to play fast? Then don't dare to show any slowliness!". Yeah, that's what I thought.
Surprisingly enough, the episode kept its fast (somehow even exasperated) pace all the way through, and above kept the substance and the brilliancy. Haruhi candidated as best character of 2006 as for now, Kyon may be the best male lead? Don't really know, but the premises are astonishing.

School Rumble meeting Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou (His and Her Circumstances) ? Who knows.

Meanwhile it's just Suzumiya Haruhi, whereas animations, voice acting, (?) story (?), characters, enjoyment, there's really nothing out of place so far.

10/10
Old 2006-04-16, 03:18   Link #125
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirobane
*shrugs* so one person voted a 1 in the poll, it's not the end of the world. ...
Really.. all the polls are good for is to check how people whose judgement you trust voted when checking out a new series. The numbers alone tell me nothing. Even if 99% of the votes said it was garbage... if the 1% who liked it consisted of people who have not led me astray in other recommendations - I'd give it a look.
Certain people I've developed a sense of that if they like something, the odds are pretty good I'm going to like it. Other people I use for contrarian checks --- if they like it, I probably won't.

Haruhi has been interesting because people I otherwise would completely disregard also have expressed a love for the show, so its always a wobbly balance

So... when Furudanuki, Pellisier, and a handful of others like something - I tend to listen. Hopefully when a handful of other people hear I like something, they take note.
Old 2006-04-16, 13:20   Link #126
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Actually the single bad vote is quite a good thing, its way better then anything in between. You either love the show or hate it, no way in between. its better then people waffing and whinging because it's between.
Old 2006-04-16, 13:21   Link #127
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, I think the show seems ok, but Haruhi is nuts. I hope they skip the breast fondling next time

Don't worry Mikuru, I'll protect you!
Old 2006-04-16, 13:45   Link #128
lavielove

Quote:
Somebody voted a "1".

Suzumiya Haruhi is definately not overrated. Very well underrated, actually, until popularity soars even more (not according to seeds:leechers, though XD).
oh... sorry that could be me ,I think...*wink* *wink*.I don't like this episode compare to the first episode,that's why I gave that vote =D I even voted perfect in episode 1 discussion thread. I just thought the poll would hide the username like in the other series discussion,so my hands went out too fast. I'm not a anti-Haruhi like Kaoru Chujo mentioned either. have not watch the ep3 yet.I may voted excellent or perfect according to my likeness.
Old 2006-04-16, 13:54   Link #129
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, I'll just subtract a point for mistreating poor Mikuru and give it a 9.
Old 2006-04-16, 13:56   Link #130
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
Well, I'll just subtract a point for mistreating poor Mikuru and give it a 9.
You might probably end up having to subtract a point from every episode from now on...

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Old 2006-04-16, 14:56   Link #131
Woland
Latin Rascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by melange
You might probably end up having to subtract a point from every episode from now on...
Ooh! So you mean that I, instead, need to add one (or more) point for every episode from now on?
Old 2006-04-16, 16:09   Link #132
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Hm... Depends on the abuse Maybe I'll subtract points cumulative for every Mikuru abuse. I'll probably end at about -10 or so at some point Poor Mikuru.
Old 2006-04-16, 16:35   Link #133
Kazu-kun

Mikuru was dragged to the club exacly for that purpose, so she's playing her role quite well
Old 2006-04-16, 16:58   Link #134
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
Well, I think the show seems ok, but Haruhi is nuts. I hope they skip the breast fondling next time

Don't worry Mikuru, I'll protect you!
He did not just say that! No, he did not just say that. He did not say that! I can't hear you. La la la la la la la~!
Old 2006-04-16, 23:16   Link #135
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

real places

For those like me with a strange interest in seeing the actual places on which anime backgrounds are based, there is a page found through 2channel that is posting photos of them episode by episode, along with caps from the anime (the photos are apparently the actual photos used by staff in making the backgrounds):
http://haruhi.sonnabakana.com/file.html

The images for episode 2 are on the following two pages:
http://haruhi.sonnabakana.com/img/Lv.1_up31282.jpg
http://haruhi.sonnabakana.com/img/hikaku2.jpg

I believe all the images are from a city called Nishinomiya, between Osaka and Kobe.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-04-17 at 00:25.
Old 2006-04-16, 23:20   Link #136
porchoky

Quote:
Somebody voted a "1".

if it makes you feel any better the person who gave it a 3 for the first episode gave this one a 9 or 10. gotta love non-secret ballots lol
Old 2006-04-17, 05:49   Link #137
mr.muffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
For those like me with a strange interest in seeing the actual places on which anime backgrounds are based, there is a page found through 2channel that is posting photos of them episode by episode, along with caps from the anime (the photos are apparently the actual photos used by staff in making the backgrounds):
http://haruhi.sonnabakana.com/file.html

The images for episode 2 are on the following two pages:
http://haruhi.sonnabakana.com/img/Lv.1_up31282.jpg
http://haruhi.sonnabakana.com/img/hikaku2.jpg

I believe all the images are from a city called Nishinomiya, between Osaka and Kobe.
Nice info. Thanks.
Can't seem to access the episode 2 links tho. Keep getting a 403 Forbidden error.
Old 2006-04-17, 10:30   Link #138
Jekyll
Rozen Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.muffin
Can't seem to access the episode 2 links tho. Keep getting a 403 Forbidden error.
The server doesn't seem to like external links. Try to copy&paste the links (and maybe clear your browser cache) instead of clicking them. That worked for me.
Old 2006-04-17, 10:34   Link #139
mr.muffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll
The server doesn't seem to like external links. Try to copy&paste the links (and maybe clear your browser cache) instead of clicking them. That worked for me.
yay that copying and pasting trick worked!
Thanks!
Old 2006-04-17, 12:19   Link #140
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

In future maybe I'll use the 2channel trick of putting links in like this:
ttp://haruhi.sonnabakana.com/file.html

Cropping off the initial "h" so it doesn't turn into a link, but forces you to actually cut and paste, then either add the "h" or just use the address without the "http://" .
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Closed Thread