3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-10-05, 00:42   Link #101
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
I suppose so, but maybe this Gundam will have bigger emphasis on social-economic parts of it. I always felt that most of the Gundam, if not all, always leaned towards ideological conflict.
I would say every conflict is ideological in nature. Social economics is simply a tool. It is the conflicting ideologies (for example, achieving and maintaining a better living condition for a certain group of people at the expense of another group of people) that are at the source of conflicts.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-05, 01:01   Link #102
Mubyoshi

Well I hope this is more similar to 00 than that Reconguista where I didn't understand what the fuck was going on even after 18 episodes in.
Mubyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-05, 01:43   Link #103
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I would say every conflict is ideological in nature. Social economics is simply a tool. It is the conflicting ideologies (for example, achieving and maintaining a better living condition for a certain group of people at the expense of another group of people) that are at the source of conflicts.
Isn't it always the other way around? The source of conflict between large organization always based on economy related problem, and ideology is just a mask to smooth over political aspect?
Old 2015-10-05, 02:01   Link #104
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yan3242 View Post
Eh i was just under assumption it was night time and most of them in the middle of sleeping. There a glimpse whats their room like and there is no aircon, fan or even ventilation from the look of it, so sleeping without shirt is kinda make sense for me, ambush happen and they just react to it like a proper soldier and yeah those back plug thingy also on the way.

Iam sure later on they have a proper "suit" for it.
You can see in their training earlier that is during the day that they don't wear shirts then either. It's just how they are able to pilot with that system and the implants they are required to have.
And considering how they treat these boys, do you really think they would take the time and money to create specialized suits for them when it's way cheaper to just fight without a shirt?
You can see some who had shirts on prior to the battle like Mika and Danji during the battle, take off said shirts when they begin to pilot. It's not a choice, it's standard procedure for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
There’s also another possibility that Okada wants to give some manservice for the female audience. So...Irene, did you enjoy the sight of the topless boys in this ep?
It would be if any of the guy were bishie/sexy to look at, but that's not their kind of design. For me personally, seeing them like that doesn't qualify as "manservice", and I quote:
Quote:
it actually is more depressing to see that them piloting with their shirts off. It's just a constant reminder of the hell they've had to go through at this place.
I really just feel sorry for what they had to go through, and sympathy for them. It's like having the mecha space version of Oliver Twist with guns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
Eh I think u can wear a shirt it might be harder for women because bra placement but for a dude u just need to cut a hole in the back of your shirt not that hard.
Their bosses are not going to pay for a bunch of customized shirts, and they also have to attach that attachment piece, which would mean the hole in their shirts would have to be huge. It's much easier just to pilot topless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
I don't see any death flag fro Orga, for now at least. But the way he emphasis on how he isn't going to die seems to indicate he will do whatever it takes to survive, even betraying someone.
Really? He's way too devoted to these boys. His "not going to die" line is more of his expression of will and his desire to keep living to find a better place to be. It was about his determination and his inspiration to the others who were afraid. He's not going to betray these guys, they are way too close. He became their leader for a reason. They trust him they are like family to him. I can see the ex-leader Eugene maybe being a turncoat, but not Orga.
Orga's very position as being that inspiring figure for his men, and the best friend of the MC who pretty much follows his every lead, give him some very huge death flags. Inspirational characters, tend to get killed off to provide development and even more inspiration and drive. Especially in main character who wouldn't have had much autonomous drive to start with.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-05, 02:08   Link #105
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mubyoshi View Post
Well I hope this is more similar to 00 than that Reconguista where I didn't understand what the fuck was going on even after 18 episodes in.
well G-Reco was meant to be sort of a sequel after Victory, but that does not explain on where the hell all the O'Neil cylinder colonies went, i mean kilometers long man made space islands just vanished into thin air? (or vacuum of space for the correct term) but One Year War units managed to be intact & fossilized after getting nuked? to me it still does not blend well with the U.C. timeline.....

just noticed that they also used trainer Mobile Workers to fight Gjallarhorn that happens to be garishly colored, with Mikazuki's being foreshadowing white, that one guy piloting a blue one......... & that other guy who had to pilot a PINK one, fabulous~!!! real men wear pink!!
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-05, 02:29   Link #106
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
It would be if any of the guy were bishie/sexy to look at, but that's not their kind of design. For me personally, seeing them like that doesn't qualify as "manservice", and I quote:
We'll have to ask a girl about that. Personally I thought it was quite ingenious how they integrated shirtless guys into it. I definitely think they can wear shirts too, and I'll bet we'll start seeing those once time constraints kick in. That way animators won't have to embarrass themselves because the six-pack didn't jiggle that particular week.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-05, 03:13   Link #107
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
S/he shouldn't really have to, though. That information should really be in the first episode, not the trailers.
I think this is common Gundam fomula, no ? Each Gundam lore is usually too complicated to fit in a single episode anyway. So Sunrise usually start first episode with characters introduction. Politic talks and factions detail usually follow from ep2 onward. Once they get you hooked with characters they can take their time introducing other piece of information bit by bit. Gundam 00 also worked that way.

I think this is better format than bombarding us with composition for two-third of the first episode (AKA Heavy Object). It run the risk of viewers drop it out right and the the information will likely be incomplete anyway.

I actually didn't noticed anything about topless guys. They look so natural, I didn't question it. Now that you guys mentioned it. It's true. They are setting up a stage for whole lots of fujo material.
Hmm.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-05, 03:15   Link #108
bigdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot's Blade View Post
i think its more like a Cyber Newtype procedure except leaving visible traces of it on the subject's body.
Its looks to me more like a direct connection to the nervous system like battletech's neurohelmet. Designed so that some parts of the mobile suit (such as balanced) can be controlled by the pilot's automatic nervous system. Its an actually probably technology being used in a gundam show, shocking. lol

Overall, I'm super excited by this first episode. Gundam finally returning to its routes, a war between interesting human factions, both of which seem corrupt. Its going to be fun watching Barbatos going medieval with its oversized mace.
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-05, 03:22   Link #109
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
We'll have to ask a girl about that.
As far as I know, Irenesharda is a girl. So, when it comes to manservice, her opinion matters, no?
Old 2015-10-05, 03:40   Link #110
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Isn't it always the other way around? The source of conflict between large organization always based on economy related problem, and ideology is just a mask to smooth over political aspect?
Well, the economy-related problem is only a problem because an ideology makes it a problem, like an ideology that says people should have a better standard of living.

Even in this first episode, we're introduced to the ideologies that are driving the girl, the girl's father, the leader of the kids, etc. All of those ideologies are motivating them to take certain actions which result in this battle.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-05, 04:19   Link #111
bigdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by askara View Post
yay first great proper gundam series since Gundam 00.
I hate Gundam 00, I find it a poorly paced show with gundams more invincible than Gundam wing and lacking any compelling villains. The gundams coming off as pseudo terrorists to me really doesn't help matters.

So yeah, its been a LONG time since I've seen a great proper gundam series (though I loved gundam unicorn).
Old 2015-10-05, 04:27   Link #112
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Well, the economy-related problem is only a problem because an ideology makes it a problem, like an ideology that says people should have a better standard of living.

Even in this first episode, we're introduced to the ideologies that are driving the girl, the girl's father, the leader of the kids, etc. All of those ideologies are motivating them to take certain actions which result in this battle.
I can understand you point of view. However, I think economical issue is a more fundamental source of all conflicts. It's the root of the problem. Ideology is simply an approach to achieve that economical solution.

Yes, ideologies can help escalate conflicts because sometime even people with the same economical interest have different idea of how to approach the problem. Now, that is what I can consider pure ideologies conflict. It doesn't mean there is no economical interest behind it though.

People want better standard living not because some ideology dictate it so.
People want better standard living because it make their live better. That's why they have such ideology in the first place.
Hmm.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-05, 04:27   Link #113
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I haven't been pumped up for a Gundam since 00.
Same here, as someone who loved Gundam 00 a lot, I'm excited for this series. Definitely has the most similar feel to it than any other show since, at least for the moment.

A lot of the mecha designers also worked on 00. Barbatos in particular is designed by the guy who designed the Gundam Thrones and the guy who designed the Grazed designed Exia/00/GN-X/Reborns among a few others.
Old 2015-10-05, 04:36   Link #114
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Same here, as someone who loved Gundam 00 a lot, I'm excited for this series. Definitely has the most similar feel to it than any other show since, at least for the moment.

A lot of the mecha designers also worked on 00. Barbatos in particular is designed by the guy who designed the Gundam Thrones and the guy who designed the Grazed designed Exia/00/GN-X/Reborns among a few others.
Me too. I haven't watched a Gundam since 00 in earnest. This had me hooked.
Old 2015-10-05, 04:38   Link #115
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmm.... View Post
I can understand you point of view. However, I think economical issue is a more fundamental source of all conflicts. It's the root of the problem. Ideology is simply an approach to achieve that economical solution.

Yes, ideologies can help escalate conflicts because sometime even people with the same economical interest have different idea of how to approach the problem. Now, that is what I can consider pure ideologies conflict. It doesn't mean there is no economical interest behind it though.

People want better standard living not because some ideology dictate it so.
People want better standard living because it make their live better. That's why they have such ideology in the first place.
Personally I think it can be both and may be either based from conflict to conflict. I think poor economic background can lead to extreme ideologies being festered while at the same time I feel like I've seen ideology take over economic concerns before, in person too.

War is a good example of this. Technically speaking most wars are actually detrimental to economic trade at least in the modern globalized world. A lot of literature existed early in the 1900s where some writers think they'll never be another big war because the world is too well connected and is too economically unprofitable to partake in. However ideologies as well as some big political events led to things and World War I started......which also is closely connected to World War II.

It "may" lead to good riches such as United States being the only industrialized country to survive World War II with their industry base unscathed as well and the economic stimulus helping them out of the Great Depression but I feel like the end economic result was accidental rather than it being planned as such.

I feel like the two are always closely married though and are always and constantly interplaying with one another. In some cases they even may be the same thing such as communism and capitalism both being an ideology and an economic model of distribution in the Cold War.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2015-10-05 at 04:53.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-05, 04:38   Link #116
bigdeath

Theres a disturbing lack of talk about the cute loli of this show. Quick, someone make an avatar for her. You'll win the internets.
Old 2015-10-05, 04:47   Link #117
Yan3242

all i want is a real battle with some tactic even a basic one will do, i had enough with both suit flying zig zag in the background only to zoom in when they doing the iconic beam saber clash, i want pieces get damage and parts flying, no clean mech after battle (looking at you seed destiny)

something like a fight between GP01 and 02 or gundam build fighter season 1 for more recent show.

btw, i like how the pairing setup is shown clearly at least for now (mika with that shopkeeper loli girl and orga with the princess)
Yan3242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-05, 04:50   Link #118
Twi

Mika seems really dependent on Orga, and he's flying some death flags. Worrying.
Old 2015-10-05, 04:50   Link #119
dragon1412

I for once, never feel interest in Gundam series ever since Unicorn and 00. Frankly, looking at Reconquista Hideous Mecha design make me drop it instantly

I personally see more Villain flag on Orga compare to death flag.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-05, 04:54   Link #120
Yan3242

^like i post before, orga seems prone to betrayal or at least "killing innocent" for the sake of his pride/ambition, but its still episode 1 so let just see whats coming ahead.

mika on the other hand seems like he knew that he is being "used" or maybe he just dont mind it because without orga he seems like he dont know what to do
Yan3242 is offline   Reply With Quote