AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-30, 20:54   Link #1
bankai

Talking Recommend a manga similar to...

I've recently started to read Manga since I cannot wait for the fillers in Naruto and Bleach to move forward. In any case, these are the manga's that I have started to read/completed and would like to get some suggestions on others:

current:

Naruto
Bleach
HxH (on hiatus )
Fairy Tale

Completed:
Angel Densetsu

started but on hold:
Gantz
Elfen Lied

p.s.
I refuse to read ahead on ONE PIECE, because it's my favorite anime to date.
Old 2008-05-30, 21:29   Link #2
Samurai Panda
Vaizard

Send a message via MSN to Samurai Panda
I take my hat off to you (Though I'm currently not wearing one >_>) for considering One Piece your favourite anime. Yup, the Bleach and Naruto fillers suck and avoid them at all costs, if you don't want to waste precious hours of your life. Well Rurouni Kenshin, Fullmetal Alchemist and Saiyuki are awesome manga which'll easily keep you hooked onto them, and have a nice amount of comedy. Hellsing and D.Gray-Man are also good choices if your into a gothic or "hellish" themed manga. A nice simple Manga I enjoy and would recomend is Shaman King. Quite underated, it becomes very impressive once you've given it a chance and gotten past the first few volumes should keep you occupied, if you like manga series like Hunter X Hunter.
Old 2008-05-30, 21:49   Link #3
bankai

I've also enjoyed watching FMA in anime form. I would like to try something different. I assumed that Shaman King was more of a "childish" pokemon-type show, seeing the dubbed anime version but is the manga different?

I have also been following Hellsing and D.Gray-Man (anime versions).
Old 2008-05-30, 22:03   Link #4
james0246

If you like Fairy Tale, check ot the mangakas other reletively famous work Rave Master. The manga is far better than the anime.

Another good Shounen series is Katekyo Hitman Reborn! Lots of fun and plenty of good action after the first 20-30 chapters.
Closed Thread