AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2010-05-23, 07:26   Link #81
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
I wonder, what can a Lv5 Teleport still can do huh.
let see:
1.teleport a granade to one's stomach
2.filling a basket with goods without entering supermarket
3.Rob a bank from inside the saving
4.summon cute bishonen little kid to flirt with
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-23, 08:24   Link #82
Sixth
Hu Tao

I guess that the difference between Lv4 and Lv5 must be extremely huge or totally different level. So I guess what kind of insane feat that Kuroko can obtain once she become Lv5.

And why is there so fews of esper can reach the feat of Lv5...What gives.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-23, 08:56   Link #83
Ashaman

I think it is just a matter of potential. Realistically, everyone has a roof that they can not breach; for some that is higher than others, even in the same field.

For example: Music. No matter how much you practice or how good you get, at one point you'll reach your limit and won't grow any more. This limit is different for different people.

Level 5's are genius', and not everyone has the potential to become the next Einstein.
Ashaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-23, 09:19   Link #84
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Honestly, I doubt that each and every skill has a Level 5 counterpart. It's more believable to have each skill as a Level 4 ability as I see it as the normal human's bounds in ability development. Sorta like a butter zone where you reach the highest potential without exerting too much effort for it or sacrificing your body in exchange.

Level 5's are rarities because it's almost impossible to develop one using natural means (like undergoing the Power Curriculum Program), except for Misaka Mikoto, who has proved that such a development is possible, though it also seems that her powers could just be easy to develop. As for Accelerator, Kakine and Mugino, they probably underwent more intense procedures especially Accelerator (Kihara, 'nuff said). The Queen and Numbuh Six is unknown still, and Gunha's a Gemstone.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-23, 09:45   Link #85
surerman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
I think it is just a matter of potential. Realistically, everyone has a roof that they can not breach; for some that is higher than others, even in the same field.

For example: Music. No matter how much you practice or how good you get, at one point you'll reach your limit and won't grow any more. This limit is different for different people.

Level 5's are genius', and not everyone has the potential to become the next Einstein.
About Limitation for each individual...it's sure exist...but to be cannot breach it, it's not true.

All Human being come from same father and mother (Adam and Eve), so their ability is also in same level.

This taught to me in Hitman school (don't ask me where it is), that all human can reach the same level as others, the difference in effort and motivation is the one that make it result in vary.

As for esper in academy city, all of them can be one just like what happened to Saten, the so called 0 ability (during level upper arc.), but offcourse it's needed more effort for her to reach her level 1 compared to Uke-haru Kazari or Mikoto
Old 2010-05-23, 12:01   Link #86
Miraluka
Banned

With the gemstones and saints there in the series, not all people has the same potential there is only few choosen/blessed ones who can reach for more.
The point of reaching more means that they have to leave their states as humans(Accelerator and Fiamma of the Right are clear examples of this).
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-23, 12:56   Link #87
surerman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
With the gemstones and saints there in the series, not all people has the same potential there is only few choosen/blessed ones who can reach for more.
The point of reaching more means that they have to leave their states as humans(Accelerator and Fiamma of the Right are clear examples of this).
then the non blessed one just need to be blessed....
well..its a manga after all, so a lot of incompatible things with the real world sure scattered all over the place
Old 2010-05-23, 13:04   Link #88
tsunade666

But still Accel and Fiamm did prove that it can be breach through dishonest or honest way.

Like how the "System" can only obtain by Accelerator and with the limits of each levels of an espers and with the potentials of others that had been stop by mental problems and such.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-24, 06:20   Link #89
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
But still Accel and Fiamm did prove that it can be breach through dishonest or honest way.

Like how the "System" can only obtain by Accelerator and with the limits of each levels of an espers and with the potentials of others that had been stop by mental problems and such.
Zangetsu : You're lack of resolve !
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-24, 06:28   Link #90
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Once again, recall that for each increase in level, an esper is closer to understanding the will of heaven, translate to our terms I suppose it's like solving the theory of everything- not everyone can understand it And it would take a very special Brain to crack it.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-24, 17:41   Link #91
tsunade666

well that's for the esper brain check. Most of their powers are regulated by their brain to begin with plus their "personal reality".

And a matter of fact the powers of level 4 and below aren't that versatile well except for the few who had the potential to even reach the level 5. And power of accelerator has the biggets potential so that's why maybe he could reach level 6. But then again kakine's power has also huge potential in it but accels brain is better.

But then again their are other methos of power up like a network or drugs. They are more into the dishonest ways and as for the usual or honest ways. Like on Mikoto from level 1 to level 5 but after reaching it. Her power stops growing and won't evolve anymore in a normal way.
Old 2010-05-25, 01:07   Link #92
sangkun

I remember reading somewhere that Touma's brain is more dangerous than any other level 5s. Is that true?
sangkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 01:19   Link #93
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

It's in the Toaru Majutsu no Index Wiki, isn't it?

Well, in that article, Aleister says that Touma is so dangerous in Academy City that he can bring up a DEFCON 3. [By comparison, the 9/11 attacks made the US reach DEFCON 3.]
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 08:05   Link #94
tsunade666

no it's not his brain, its more like his harem or rather the way he influence others to join forces with him. Those are troublesome people that can get the trust of others easily. If Aleister leave touma behind then the consequence is probably touma would be already taken the world before he even destroy magic.

That's why touma is having vip attention on the dark side of the academy city as dangerous and do not touch sign on it with the signature of aleister crowley.
Old 2010-08-27, 12:01   Link #95
zaeraal

2 powers

Hope this thread not dead yet. This matter was on my mind for a while now : what if we have 2 accelerators with similar calculating potencial, that hit each other, what will happen? Lets say a1 hits a2, a1's fist should be reflected back by a2, but a1 reflect it back, a2 again reflecting and so on.. First we can asume this is not based on amount of calculations one can do, because each time we have a set amount of vectors that are being reflected and we can asume, that both are capable on reflecting them back and when reflected, brains go to "idle state" waiting for the second person to reflect them back. At this point we can say that they will keep on reflecting it until one of them runs out of stamina, but i dont think thats correct. From a different point of view, we have 2 people, one saying "go forth", the other "go back" and this can apply to all kinds of power, not just vector vs vector but also vector vs electricity, wind, etc or electricity vs electricity and so on. As we know, espers generate powers from their body (with some exceptions) and then control them within their AIM radius (if its outside their AIM radius, its a chain reaction caused by them, but not dirrectly controlled). Each esper is cappable of controlling its own AIM and with it, their powers. So my whole point in this long explanation is : Who has superior control over his power? Is it AIM density? Stronger personal reality? Faster calculation? (putting comment on this one: you can advance brain by adding more density and better structures that adds you more calculating potencial, but in terms of speed per one calculation - you have limit here - speed of light, thats why i said at beginning, simmilar calculating potencial). I think its a stronger personal reality that will decide the wictor.

I appreciate any thoughts on this, thanks.

PS: this can add questions about mikoto vs accel, if she had stronger control over her power than accelerator (not amount of calculations) then she can fry him
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 13:34   Link #96
tsunade666

wow... long one and kinda hard to understand except Accel vs Accel.

The only thing that comes on my mind is before who has the stronger calculation or control. Who can outwit the other. Being an ACCELERATOR. It means he knows his own field of AIM and the range of it. And HE also knows on how to use it.

Now here something comes on my mind when I say who can outwit the others. Well their is a certain error or rather a weakness on Accelerator. It's when he tried to repel something or suck in the attack. That one is been exploited by Kihara.

Now being an accelerator. It's only a matter of question what to repel and what to absorb. When one's been outwit or deceive or beaten on it. Then their is no use on how powerful or great your control is. IT WILL HIT!!!

and an Accelerator must known that fatal weakness. So while 2 Accelerator stand face to face and trying to force a bullet in between on who will the bullet hit with. well it's only on how you view it. But when one outsmart it and just let it go or let is suck in while the other tried to repel it and vice versa. One would be defeated.

btw if your pointing out stronger personality then can you think of someone who's more insane than accelerator? that guy had a STRONG PERSONALITY. Making even not in full power vs rank 2 a child being bullied by an adult.
Old 2010-08-27, 17:05   Link #97
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
no it's not his brain, its more like his harem or rather the way he influence others to join forces with him. Those are troublesome people that can get the trust of others easily. If Aleister leave touma behind then the consequence is probably touma would be already taken the world before he even destroy magic.

That's why touma is having vip attention on the dark side of the academy city as dangerous and do not touch sign on it with the signature of aleister crowley.
I don't think Aleister was talking about his ability to gather people. He specifically said that Touma's brain is so dangerous it could be classified as a DEFCON 3. I'm not sure where that line is from though, so it would help if we had more context.
Old 2010-08-27, 19:14   Link #98
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

@zaeraal

I'll be honest, I'm confused by your post but I'll try to answer what I know.

It's not specifically mention what determines one AIM field superiority over another, but Accelerator has shown that he could hijack another Esper's power despite them still being in direct control of it. Whether it's due to the nature of his Redirection power or his superior brain capacity, we don't know for sure. But if it's the former, then no matter how in control you are of your powers, it would never work on Accelerator.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-28, 03:34   Link #99
tsunade666

but his asking a battle with accelerator vs accelerator.

Their is no question ask if you put another esper against accelerator. But him fighting himself is quite entertaining in way I wonder how it would proceed.
Old 2010-08-28, 04:26   Link #100
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Doesn't really matter, Last Order would just shut off the Misaka Network like what she did in Vol 8.

But if you want a definite answer (without any power limit or whatsoever), let's say it'll be like an ExDeath vs ExDeath (Or just any mirror match). Assuming the conditions are all the same, it'll most likely be a draw if it's a long range match. The only way to win in this scenario is a Kihara maneuver, so whoever can pull that off will win (I mean, can you imagine a 4 ton punch at your face?).

Of course, if you want to talk about experience and all this, any shounen manga will tell you that the one with better contro, experience, or so on, will be the one most likely to win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
let see:
1.teleport a grenade to one's stomach
2.filling a basket with goods without entering supermarket
3.Rob a bank from inside the saving
4.summon cute bishonen little kid to flirt with
They (especially Awaki) can already do all these at level 4 (Ok, except maybe for the last part). Honestly, if there's a teleporter at level 5, game over.

Last edited by Hell_ping; 2010-08-28 at 04:48.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hard science