AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-28, 20:09   Link #1501
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
I would have been fine with anyone but Chisato, given how the story evolved.
Hmmmmm...

Quote:
Remember, I was originally fine with Chisato, but the change in how the story was done made it change from "Chisato is okay" to "Chisato is a trainwreck".
Hmmm.....ok. Anyway, I think it's fine... well, to be honest.. its a bit rushed but the ending is all least ain't hanging...

Quote:
It is what the anime production team did, and it was their choice to do the story the way it is. I'm sure there were strategies and ulterior motives that don't seem apparent to most of us. However, they chose to end the story this way. The only thing that matters is if they received the results they wanted (i.e. more sales in original game, new PSP game, and DVD/BluRay).
This is what I've been saying a couple of times.. it's the productions/director's fault... Throwing every trash to one character and giving all the praise to the other is well, you know... It's no different from complaining for a badly drawn sketch and not to the artist who made it.

It's solely the production's fault for the "wreck"... As if Chisato has a choice and request to change her plot....

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2012-09-28 at 20:51.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 20:47   Link #1502
garbage

well that's done, personally preferred satsuki myself ( and was raging last episode :P) she was so cute coming in the door of the food club ^^ wow new member. and VP to boot , hmm was that to get close to ojima, nah i guess she really just a hard working helpful person but...

I guess i'm fine with the chisato ending, cuz i loved that chocolate kiss at the end :-) and it wouldn't have made sense with any other girl.

edit :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
To be fair, I don't think Mifuyu's scar was that big an issue to her (I mean, did you see the scar? It really is no big deal ), and I think Mifuyu just used her own issue to try to motivate Chisato into a certain direction.
well from the first time i saw that i thought it was a big deal. no? especially for a young girl. I mean the placement and position of the cut/wound looks like a Ceasarian Section. which could mean she had a baby at that young age. which would mean continuing problem.or even deeper if she got pregnant by rape. I could be wrong though. it was never extrapolated in the anime and i dont really know the game. just what i thought then. I mean how could a simple wound be so traumatizing unless she was so vain with her looks.

abt: the kiss

after reading other's comments, [i usually comment first before reading other's] i guess some didn't like the kiss, being in front of the grave and all, well i don't really have a problem with that. The dead are well... dead. they are either happily in heaven, being eternally tormented in hell, or just plainly not existing depending on who you ask. It's not as if it would be such a BIG deal for them. All thouse mourning rituals as some say is more for those left behind, as they are the ones more affected.I didn't see anyone else in the graveyard at that time who might have been bothered by that kiss though. and as relentless said that's how i got it too that the intention was showing (the brother) she found real love too and not just a replacement for daiki.

Last edited by garbage; 2012-09-28 at 22:32.
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 08:11   Link #1503
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Not gonna lie, I loved the Election part of the show, as it essentially is what separates this eroge adaption apart from the others. Even up to his speech I was tearing up. Damn that was well done.

The Love and Choco part, not so much (gasp! call the presses). Mainly because somewhere in the middle I was really feeling for Mifuyu, with her conflict much in the same line as what the character where my handle came from had to deal with on his journey. Want to play her route badly, but alas, I doubt I ever will.

Not to say I didn't enjoy koi/choco. Don't get me wrong, ChisatoXMC was still entertaining with Chisato dealing with survivor's guilt and MC doing the typical 'I only realized it now but I loved her all along'. But what can I say, Mifuyu captured my heart.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 09:29   Link #1504
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post

well from the first time i saw that i thought it was a big deal. no?
I meant in a practical sense. The scar was just a very basic scar - I mean, it's not the sort of thing that would actually turn a guy off from Mifuyu.

Still, your Caesarian Section theory is interesting. I kind of doubt it, but it is interesting.

As for the kiss - I don't mind the idea of two young lovers kissing in front of a grave. Let's say that was the grave for Oojima's parents or Chisato's grandmother or something like that. I wouldn't find that particularly distasteful or disturbing.

The thing is, though, is that this is Chisato kissing the guy that's kind of been a surrogate brother to her since her actual brother died, and they're doing that in front of her brother's grave. It just feels a bit weird to me. But honestly, if this one scene was the worst one the Oojima-Chisato romance had I doubt I'd care at all about it, personally.
Old 2012-09-29, 21:33   Link #1505
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Just watched ep. 11 (a little late, I know).
I noticed that the fake wedding scene had a significant mess-up: Yuuki and Chisato were wearing *white*.
In Japan and China (and a few other Asian countrie)s, people only wear white at *funerals*, because white is associated with "Death".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Funera...Asian_funerals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
In most East Asian, South Asian and many Southeast Asian cultures, the wearing of white is symbolic of death. In these societies, white or off-white robes are traditionally worn to symbolize that someone has died and can be seen worn among relatives of the deceased during a funeral ceremony.
Old 2012-09-29, 22:03   Link #1506
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
I noticed that the fake wedding scene had a significant mess-up: Yuuki and Chisato were wearing *white*.
In Japan and China (and a few other Asian countrie)s, people only wear white at *funerals*, because white is associated with "Death".
Japanese culture has incorporated Western wedding traditions as one of the possible options that modern couples might go for, so it isn't really a mess-up. Besides... I think that Japanese animators (animation directors, director, etc.) know how to animate a wedding that is consistent with Japanese cultural traditions.
Old 2012-09-29, 22:09   Link #1507
Lukeman1884

Quote:

It was some sort Bridal fair, wasn't it? Maybe they were just demonstrating many different types of ceremonies, Asian as well as Western
Lukeman1884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 22:20   Link #1508
Insane
Banned

Besides, if they were to wear traditional japanese wedding dress, it would be a pain since they tend to consist of several layers of clothes that sometimes even restrict your movements.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 01:37   Link #1509
Jmac
Sharing my world thru art
*Artist

Took me for a loop. I truly wasn't expecting them to go down that route.
Old 2012-09-30, 06:30   Link #1510
eiyuu99

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:M...-_P1000847.jpg
white is also worn for japanese wedding
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 11:20   Link #1511
Dop
Mmmm....

Wow, the old Public Telephone run-around plot device. I thought that had died out.

Overall, I liked this show and was perfectly happy with the ending. Maybe a few loose threads will get picked up in an OVA when the blu-rays come out.
Dop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 15:45   Link #1512
justsomeguy

Quote:

As a Chinese guy, I have to say that we Asians are quite a bit more flexible than you believe. Western-style weddings and some other adopted customs are nothing to be surprised about. "Significant mess-up?" F'ing LOL.

Anyway, yeah the main draw of this show is the election stuff, which sets it apart from all the other eroge adaptations. The plot made sense, the characters all had their own mini-arcs and backstories without distracting from the main story, and everything was tied up together in the end (IMO a bit too easily and idealistically though). There was a nice contrast between the themes of love and the ruthlessness involved in politics. I think the only things left unexplained was the the thing with Ojima seeing Saga's propeller and Tatsumi's mask, but those were very minor.

8/10.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 21:27   Link #1513
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

What the hell is up with that school is it training for mob boss
Spoiler for First you start:

7/10
Old 2012-10-02, 21:13   Link #1514
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Japanese culture has incorporated Western wedding traditions as one of the possible options that modern couples might go for, so it isn't really a mess-up. Besides... I think that Japanese animators (animation directors, director, etc.) know how to animate a wedding that is consistent with Japanese cultural traditions.
Obviously not. If you want to have an example of wedding dresses that are *actually* consistent, take a look at this pic from NakaImo:
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl...anime&aid=8830

It has all five girls in wedding dresses. You'll quickly notice that *none* of those girls wears white: Konoe wears a light rose dress, Miyabi wears light yellow, Rinka wears light blue, Mei wears light pink, and Mana wears light purple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuu99 View Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:M...-_P1000847.jpg
white is also worn for japanese wedding
That's not a typical Japanese wedding, but a Shintou wedding - which is, other than one might think, a very recent invention (post-WWII). It's only practiced by very few nationalist Japanese. The people are wearing the traditional Japanese colours white and red, which you'll also find in the Japanese flag. Even here though, the man wears black, which is generally worn by men for weddings.
Old 2012-10-02, 21:14   Link #1515
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
It has all five girls in wedding dresses. You'll quickly notice that *none* of those girls wears white: Konoe wears a light rose dress, Miyabi wears light yellow, Rinka wears light blue, Mei wears light pink, and Mana wears light purple.
That wasn't done for accuracy, that was done for marketing purposes and character distinction.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 21:53   Link #1516
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Obviously not. If you want to have an example of wedding dresses that are *actually* consistent...
...Are you seriously trying to make a "Japanese anime that doesn't understand Japanese culture" argument here? Shall I start posting examples of other Japanese anime and related products that have incorporated Western-style white wedding dresses? (Off the top of my head, it was featured in Sakuya's character episode in Sister Princess Repure, it was shown in the endcard of a recent episode of Sword Art Online, it was featured on the box art for Circus bishoujo game Da Capo Innoncent Finale, and was featured in a lot of official art for Navel/Dengeki G's collaboration mediamix product Marriage Royale. I'm sure I can come up with more if I look.)

If a bride in Japan wants to wear a white wedding dress today, it's no problem. Besides, since you cited Wikipedia earlier: "The Japanese bride-to-be may be painted pure white from head to toe, visibly declaring her maiden status to the gods." And also: "While, in former times, white clothes were worn for funerals, now all funeral guests wear pitch black."

The anime did not make an error.
Old 2012-10-03, 02:06   Link #1517
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Add Bakuman to the list (just finished marathoning it and sneaked a peak in manga for good measure... boy am I gonna regret this once the anime airs ). But you know what surprised me the most? Even Tvtropes has an entry on this very matter.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...eddingsInJapan

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 02:10   Link #1518
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Let the In-Laws be the one to complain about what wedding dress to wear.....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 12:57   Link #1519
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Spoiler for Dengeki G scan:
Old 2012-10-03, 13:52   Link #1520
hyl
reading #hikaributts

I guess that the anime did pay off when it comes to the psp port sales.
16,743 copies sold in the first week.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...eptember-24-30
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, eroge, politics, romance, school life, seinen