AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-15, 08:48   Link #541
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Episode 2 production materials! (no spoilers)

Tamako's Living Room (in Tamaya):
We await seeing many happy family gatherings in this living room.

Tamako's Point Card
What will you get once you accumulate enough points?

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 10:18   Link #542
EroKing

I found the 1st image quite funny
Old 2013-01-15, 15:18   Link #543
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Episode 2 production materials! (no spoilers)

Tamako's Living Room (in Tamaya):
We await seeing many happy family gatherings in this living room.

Tamako's Point Card
What will you get once you accumulate enough points?
Ah! KyoAni, always paying more attention to eyecandies and funservice, then story and substance
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 15:24   Link #544
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Showing sketches and concept arts hardly means the staff pay more attention to them than the rest. Or else what? Nearly all studios potentially are in the same boat.
Old 2013-01-15, 18:58   Link #545
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Ah! KyoAni, always paying more attention to eyecandies and funservice, then story and substance
I fail to see how production materials, the absolute root of any key animation production, indicate that KyoAni is not paying attention to "story and substance." It's not common for productions to put these images online (usually a smaller amount are put in BD or DVD booklets/guidebooks/fanbooks), so I share them due to ease of access.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 18:59   Link #546
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing;4514028 [URL=http://imgur.com/nlKfs
[/URL]
Finally some Midori pics. Can't wait to see an episode focus on her in Tamako Market.
Old 2013-01-15, 19:05   Link #547
jetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Finally some Midori pics. Can't wait to see an episode focus on her in Tamako Market.
Seems like, going by the video preview and description of ep 2, it'll be a Midori centric episode.
Old 2013-01-15, 19:26   Link #548
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Old 2013-01-15, 19:30   Link #549
Nerroth
NePoi!

This show looks promising so far; I'll be looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

(And it's nice to see more shows which aren't adaptations of pre-existing works.)
Old 2013-01-16, 02:08   Link #550
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Showing sketches and concept arts hardly means the staff pay more attention to them than the rest. Or else what? Nearly all studios potentially are in the same boat.
Malkuth obviously just wants KyoAni to upload scripts instead .
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 16:31   Link #551
Beltane70

Just saw the raw of the second episode. Midori does get quite a bit of screen time, but so does Tamako's father. I think it's pretty safe to say that most of the characters in this show won't be mere background characters, but will actually have quite a bit of substance to them.
Beltane70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 17:04   Link #552
Pen3

Midori is sooooo cute and its pretty obvious that she likes Tamako.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 18:19   Link #553
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetto View Post
Seems like, going by the video preview and description of ep 2, it'll be a Midori centric episode.
I hope so. Since most previews show one character to be focus, but at times it's another character has the most focus storyline when airing. Hope that is not the case here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
Midori is sooooo cute and its pretty obvious that she likes Tamako.
After ep.2 this I smell yuri pics of Tamako and Midori.

And also this

MIO = (M)(I)d(O)ri

(A)zusa (N)ana(K)(O) = Anko
Old 2013-01-16, 18:32   Link #554
Algent

Spoiler for ep2:
Algent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 18:41   Link #555
Dop
Mmmm....

I really liked the second episode.
My only real criticism of the show is that sometimes the character designs pull you out of it by being a bit too similar to a certain other KyoAni show, although I think that will pass as you get to know the characters more.

I do love that coffee shop though. If I had a local coffee shop where the proprietor played cool old vinyl records, I'd go there every day!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 19:27   Link #556
Midonin
Last Engage

Tamako Market 02 - The Bird From... Florsheim?

The second episode was slightly more my speed than the first one. Getting over the introductions is a hurdle every show has to face, though the introductions themselves made a strong enough showing. If the first episode was in late December/early January, and the second one was in mid-February, are the writers planning to set each of the episodes about a month apart, taking us through a full year in the district? It would be a neat idea, and a good way to make use of twelve episodes.

Glad that Tamako's school life and her friends had more of a presence this week, though the bird and the rest of the district weren't exactly ignored. All of them, even the school, clearly have some sort of history and tradition to them. Gives the show a lot of life. (I'm totally sticking with MidoriTama for now.) The insight into the neighborhood meetings and Tama's family were nice, and the rabbit suits were cute, with Tamako's near-freezing while wearing it providing some nice laughs. It's clear she has some good ideas, but trouble going through with them at times.

I know the show has a lot of different styles of insert song, but I'm wondering if it'll be popular enough to warrant a more traditional set of character songs. It's not an absolute deciding factor, but it wouldn't hurt my enjoyment of the show.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 19:32   Link #557
LC
Shocking Pink

Honestly, I think the second episode was even better than the first. Once again, Tamako Market was just really charming, cute, and funny. Some may say that lacks substance, but what's wrong with enjoying a light-hearted show? Anyway, I'm not rooting for Midori in any form or fashion, but I do have to appreciate that her feelings for Tamako were not made into a joke. It didn't feel like arbitrary yuri service at all, which is rare in anime of this type, imo.

Mochizou remains perfect, though. It's so cute how he calls Tamako's father "dad" too, just to promptly get shut down. haha Also, how adorable was Tamako and Mochizou's means of communication!?
Old 2013-01-16, 19:46   Link #558
HandofFate

Still hate the bird, if the series just wants to be an episodic slice of life in a shopping district, just leave it at that. The bird thing is just a distraction. Wonder how many more episodes of that generic clip of the foreigner the bird is from is going to play with no additional information.

Valentines Day episode was okay. The mochi looked nice. Midori and that guy seem like interesting characters, but they seem to look like cardboard cutouts in many scenes.
Old 2013-01-16, 20:06   Link #559
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Still hate the bird, if the series just wants to be an episodic slice of life in a shopping district, just leave it at that. The bird thing is just a distraction.
K-ON! and Tamayura, both of which are the closest to this in terms of tone and ideals, had slight elements of the supernatural in them. (Azusa's daydream episode, Momoneko), so it's not like there isn't a precedent for this. Even then, we must consider what perspective the bird is there for. He provides an outsider's point of view on the shopping district, making exposition mostly seamless, and I'm certain the themes of familial and community love will tie in once his prince and the assistant show up. If KyoAni had done something that "just wants to be an episodic slice of life", I wonder if the tone of the discussion would be about how they're not trying anything different. What it is now is sort of a happy medium.

While the two elements may seem to be distinct, they have been welded together, so it's in our best interests to try and see how one is trying to reinforce the other. The bird's learning from Tamako and the people of the market, but I'm certain by the end they may have learned a thing or two from him, too. Even if accidentally.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 20:18   Link #560
HandofFate

Wouldn't classify one episode about a daydream supernatural, or representative of the whole.

My problem isn't even that a talking bird is supernatural or anything.

I see he's just there as a distraction for scene changes. Other than that, the only reason they added him was to sell plush dolls. Maybe his role will flesh out more, but him flying around the screen in episode 2 served less purpose than episode 1 when a good chuck of the episode was centered on his introduction.

Also, I hate how his appearance just serves to add filler lines to buff the timetable. Easy way to add minutes by making characters go "oh look a talking bird. crazy. look at what's going on" over and over.

Tags
comedy, seinen