AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-12, 16:01   Link #381
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

According to the Canned Dogs blog, all four (count them, four) of the LS character song singles have ended their first week on the charts within the top twenty. Konata is 8th, Kagami 9th, Tsukasa 11th, and Miyuki 15th. Lantis, Kadokawa, and KyoAni must be doing cartwheels. The magic of cross-marketing.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-09-12 at 16:11.
Old 2007-09-14, 09:53   Link #382
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Quote:
Originally Posted by 723 View Post
Thank you very much!!! My phone is a Nokia 6131. I really, really, thank you very much!!! X3 (I will use the same ring tone than Kagami!!! xD)
Only a week later than I expected. Sorry! I hope your enthusiasm hasn't worn out by now.

Kagamin's Ringtone

The silence on the end may be just a tad too much for some tastes, especially if the phone adds any delay between repetitions of the tone, but I think as it is it's far more palatable when in sets of two, instead of constant. I can adjust if you like.
Old 2007-09-14, 11:27   Link #383
That was embarrasing...

SUGOI!!! You don't have to apologize. The ringtone is simply awesome. And I also think that it sounds better in sets of two, great point.

Truly, I should have never thought that my petition could have been heard, but I have faith again! X3 Thank you again!!

PD: The only thing that has been troubling me is the volume of the ring... My phone seems not to be capable of raising the volume to a certain level. I mean, I hear well the tone, but I think it is a little low because I have set the maximum level and it sounds still a little low. Do you know how can I modify the ringtone so it can be higher in my mobile phone?

PD2: Thank you!!!
Old 2007-09-14, 13:01   Link #384
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Quote:
PD: The only thing that has been troubling me is the volume of the ring... My phone seems not to be capable of raising the volume to a certain level. I mean, I hear well the tone, but I think it is a little low because I have set the maximum level and it sounds still a little low. Do you know how can I modify the ringtone so it can be higher in my mobile phone?

PD2: Thank you!!!
Glad I can help.

I should have anticipated the volume issue, as it's pretty low-volume in the original.

Here's the uncompressed version of the pre-edited file (no voice or clicking). You can use Audacity to increase the volume to what you want for your phone (Effect -> Amplify...). If you need to compress it again to save space, follow the instructions on the Audacity site to get the mp3 plugin and export as a 64kbps MP3.

Drop a line if you need help.
Old 2007-09-14, 15:12   Link #385
That was embarrasing...

Arigato!! Well I downloaded the program, and I have to say that I lke it very much. Not only it helped me to raise the volume of the tone, but also erase (more or less I am still unexperienced X3) the tiny noise that you could hear if you set it very loud. If someone (like Kyuusai xD) want to hear my job, I will upload it gladly.

And thanks again!!
Old 2007-09-14, 15:33   Link #386
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
If someone (like Kyuusai xD) want to hear my job, I will upload it
Please do upload.
Old 2007-09-14, 15:39   Link #387
That was embarrasing...

You will kill me but... I use rapidshare because I don't know how to use any other upload system ... Sorry...

http://rapidshare.com/files/55764489..._Ring.mp3.html

Hope you like it. I only raised the volume and tried to erase background sound. All the merit is for Kyuusai.
Old 2007-09-14, 17:18   Link #388
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Quote:
You will kill me but... I use rapidshare because I don't know how to use any other upload system ... Sorry...

http://rapidshare.com/files/55764489..._Ring.mp3.html

Hope you like it. I only raised the volume and tried to erase background sound. All the merit is for Kyuusai.
Hey, there's nothing wrong with rapidshare. It beats paying for hosting.

I hadn't had a chance to test and adjust the volume earlier (since I was at work--still am, actually), but now I can see what you mean about the background noise. The one hard part about replacing background noise with silence, though, is that it sounds a bit "jarring" when going from the noise-filled sound to silence. To take care of that, after I amplified the volume as high as it would go without clipping, I did some slightly tweaked noise removal (Effect -> Noise Removal). I set the Frequency smoothing set to 150 Hz to remove a fair amount of noise without distorting, and the attack/decay turned down to 0 so it would still sound smooth.

Here's the result. I'll be posting soon about capturing audio, too, and I'll be sure to let you know when I do.
Old 2007-09-14, 17:33   Link #389
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Thank you both for your efforts. Now I have a rington for my new 8525. It's my second anime ringtone (not a sing clip but an actual tone); the first was Dokuro-chan's rington and that one really raised a few feathers... this one isn't as exciting IMHO, but it's Kagamin, so all's forgiven.
Old 2007-09-14, 17:35   Link #390
That was embarrasing...

Sounds much better than mine. The ringtone I did is more like a attempt to erase the background sound without knowing well the program. I also used the tool to erase it, but I thought that the tone lost a lot of quality, so I thought that the thing I did would be right enough.

Thank you again! Amateurs shouldn't play with pros uh? xD At least I did my best (but I am tired... do you know how many times I did the same actions:
enter MicroSD into computer > Copypaste file > enter MicroSD into mobile phone > Move the file to ringotnes > Compare the results > Change file names > etc X3)
Old 2007-09-14, 17:55   Link #391
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
Thank you both for your efforts. Now I have a rington for my new 8525. It's my second anime ringtone (not a sing clip but an actual tone); the first was Dokuro-chan's rington and that one really raised a few feathers... this one isn't as exciting IMHO, but it's Kagamin, so all's forgiven.
You know, I don't know what the Dokuro-chan ringtone sounded like (I'm curious, but the first episode of the anime was off-putting enough that I didn't try watching further)... But if my choices in anime-sourced ringtones have raised some eyebrows, I'd guess that really did. Glad I could be of service in providing an alternative.

Quote:
Sounds much better than mine. The ringtone I did is more like a attempt to erase the background sound without knowing well the program. I also used the tool to erase it, but I thought that the tone lost a lot of quality, so I thought that the thing I did would be right enough.

Thank you again! Amateurs shouldn't play with pros uh? xD At least I did my best (but I am tired... do you know how many times I did the same actions:
enter MicroSD into computer > Copypaste file > enter MicroSD into mobile phone > Move the file to ringotnes > Compare the results > Change file names > etc X3)
I'm not the most knowledgeable by any means--I just learned what I know by playing around, stumbling through it until I could walk. I guarantee that any one who does it that's worth their salt learned a great deal (if not all) that way, too. All it takes is curiosity and drive. If you enjoy it (or enjoy the results), keep at it and just pick it up along the way!

I agree, moving to memory stick can be a pain. I recommend bluetooth to make that step a tad more convenient.
Old 2007-09-16, 14:25   Link #392
bayoab

Shirashi's CD is officially titled Minoru Shirashi's Guy's Lullabies.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=LACA-5696
Old 2007-09-16, 14:29   Link #393
Midonin
Last Engage

With a name like THAT, I just have to laugh.
Old 2007-09-25, 13:45   Link #394
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

The next batch of character cds are out!

Volume 5: Yutaka

Volume 6: Minami

Volume 7: Hiyori

Volume 8: Patti

Old 2007-09-25, 21:43   Link #395
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
The next batch of character cds are out!

Volume 7: Hiyori

Volume 8: Patti

I really like this batch of character CDs, especially Patty's. Hiyorin's Default Joshikousei Nyan is also catchy.
Old 2007-09-25, 23:01   Link #396
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahl_moon View Post
I really like this batch of character CDs, especially Patty's. Hiyorin's Default Joshikousei Nyan is also catchy.
Rats, beat to the first review.

I was pleasantly surprised by this set of CDs. OK, OK... Not Yutaka's. While Hasegawa's vocals for Yutaka singing along with "Moji Pittan" made me melt from moe overload and become an instant Yutaka fan... That "certain something" just wasn't here. It sounds like Hasegawa is straining to stay in character and it affects the quality of the vocals. That's just a deathblow to the CD when the songs sound just as contrived as the last set of character albums.

It's what I expected after the last batch, and I was planning on writing about how it's another disappointing set... and then I played the Minami CD. Good gravy, what a change! Now, I knew Chihara-san was talented, but if the CDs previous to this managed to hide the seiyuu talent, I didn't expect her to shine on this. Thankfully, I was slightly wrong: She sounds good. Now, she doesn't sound as good as I know she can sound, but she sounds good, and she really infuses Minami with character in a way we didn't get to hear on the series. And if that weren't enough, the songs themselves were pretty good! I did keep expecting the first track's melody to suddenly change into CooRie's "Iroha" (which some of us might recognize as Binchou-tan's OP), but it managed to stay original. Both tracks, I felt, felt like they were building up toward a "launch" that never happened. They feel a bit strange in that respect, but that doesn't hurt them too badly.

Hiyori's CD was also pretty decent. The songs feel a bit more solid than the previous "set". The quality polish seen on the Minami album seems to be exchanged for humor, and it works pretty well. The songs are fun, funny, and catchy--especially her second track, all thanks to Shizmizu's voicing. Sadly, the subject matter of the lyrics, as "punny" as it was presented, means this won't get much playtime for me. One thing I noted here is that even if Shimizu's vocals as Hiyori don't showcase her singing talents as well as possible, her character voice sounds... much more womanly. It's very attractive. Oh, yes.

And joy of joys, Patty's CD continues the trend. Like the Hiyori album, it's energetic and funny, all driven by seiyuu talent. Sasaki spends less effort on trying to sound like an awkward gaijin and channels it into sheer spunk. I can't help but giggle when listening to her second track as I hear her sing about Akiba.

In perspective, these weren't that great... but they weren't bad. Even if they sound like they came from a songwriter's Standard Bag of Tricks, they're listenable and they're fun. That's more than I can say for their predecessors. I was easy to please after the first four--er, five. None of these songs made the "add to my driving playlist", but I'll certainly listen to them again.

Thanks to my adoration of Misao's voicing, I'm really curious to hear how the Misao and Ayano album we'll next month comes out. I'm a bit disappointed to see them treated like a single character, but oh well. My curiosity about the final character album, which features Konata, Yutaka, and Minami, is limited pretty much to pondering what they'll do (my expectations are not high).
Old 2007-09-26, 15:22   Link #397
bayoab

If you believe nico for popularity meters, the most popular are at the time of this post:
By views (most => least): Hiyori, Minami, Patty, Yutaka.
By amazon click through (most => least): Yutaka, Hiyori, Minami, Patty
By amazon click+buy (most => least): Minami, Hiyori, Yutaka, Patty. [very close and can easily change]
Old 2007-09-27, 13:53   Link #398
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

On their first day all four character CDs were in the top twenty on Oricon: Chihara Minori (Minami) at #9, Hasegawa Shizuka (Yutaka) at #11, Shimizu Kaori (Hiyori) #14, Sasaki Nozomi (Patty) #16. That makes ten character song CDs from this one show, and at least nine of them have been in the top 20.

I haven't heard them all all the way through, but I'm charmed by Patty's, in particular. I may have mentioned what an active little photo-blog Sasaki Nozomi has.

I've made a longer post on my blog, with links to the chart and to a little video message from Hirano Aya there. I've also included a report on sales of Aya's new photobook.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-09-27, 20:27   Link #399
Midonin
Last Engage

*spit take*

I go cruising CDJapan and what do I find? Kanata and Soujirou are getting a duet Character CD, as well as Kuroi-sensei and Yui, both to be released on 11/21. As a fan of character songs in general (I really don't know why), I like the sound of it, but...wow. The sheer size of the song collection is...no words.
Old 2007-09-27, 21:28   Link #400
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I remember having a discussion with Kaioshin before the show went on air about whether or not the producers had made sure all the seiyuu were singers. I checked Wikipedia Japan and saw that only the two Ayas (Hirano and Endou) had really done much singing. Now we see that Kaioshin was somewhat right: at least, even if they aren't really singers, they certainly are all being made to sing. And sing. And sing.

I'm still not complaining: the more money KyoAni, Kadokawa, and Lantis make on this show, the more likely they are to make more like it, or even to make a second season. And at least Kaioshin's fear of insert songs in every episode was never realized. Not that I would have complained about that, either, lol. Oh wait, maybe the karaoke EDs qualify. I'm certainly not complaining about those.
Closed Thread