AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-08-15, 22:14   Link #41
BlackShinobi07

I dont what it is but something about those picks scream fake.

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-08-16 at 08:43.
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-15, 22:17   Link #42
Kowai

ive seen other spoiler pics of itachi on the same page as pein as well as a pic of itachi behind naruto holding his neck. as he did vs kakakashi.. seems next chapter is going to be itachi heavy
itachi better still be bad ass.... i dont like the idea of him being an "ally" the reason why he is so cool is because he is heartless and slaughtered his family. bad-ass... joining with naruto to team up against an evil... digimon pussy-ass
"Madara Uchiha" theories still flying around... hopefully the next chapter will atleast give us a sniff more information about him... still finding it hard to believe that tobi isnt obito and that he "formed/recruited akatsuki"
i wouldnt mind so much if he hired them to do a mission for him, but hard to shake the characteristics we have seen of tobi so far... a goof is the leader of the most bad ass team of ninjas ever assembled. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

edit: the linsk above are the pics i am referring to
Kowai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-15, 23:11   Link #43
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Why do people always associate him with fire? I can't remember anything in the series which indicates this.
Probably because Konoha is located in Fire Country and they believe in the 'Will of Fire' and they use Katon jutsu, and the Kyuubi's red chakra looks firery, etc.

The Shukaku was a bijuu that manipulated sand and was from the Sand Village, so I think people just kinda expect the Kyuubi to respresent fire being associated with Konoha. But I agree. It's never been implied the Kyuubi has anything to do with fire.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-15, 23:15   Link #44
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchikatsu View Post
On a Note: Wasn't in one of those interviews from atleast a year ago if not more, Kishi said he already had a planned ending for Naruto. Nuff Said.

-----

Spoilers don't tell much except a non-surprising plot. I'll read it myself whenenver the raw gets out.

Atleast something DBZ epic will happen. And things are heating up I think. But Yes Kishi has really kicked Pein and w/e Women to the curb. Only time will tell.
Well he has said he had an ending for Naruto since the beginning of Naruto. He also said after the time skip that he wasn't quite half-way through. I'm guessing Kish. is the only one who knows when it will end

I agree the spoilers could be virtually anything and from what I can tell most of the time the spoilers are only partially correct anyways. I'm still having hope that Kish. will give more roles to the other teams as he did say he had alot planned for the other teams..I'm guessing though that this might happen near the climax. Judging by how things are going I'm going to guess that Akatsuki will not be the the last villain group...I wonder if Kish. wants to do something similar to FOTNS in that he may create different levels of villains and sub-villains. I'm pretty excited
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-15, 23:46   Link #45
mayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Probably because Konoha is located in Fire Country and they believe in the 'Will of Fire' and they use Katon jutsu, and the Kyuubi's red chakra looks firery, etc.

The Shukaku was a bijuu that manipulated sand and was from the Sand Village, so I think people just kinda expect the Kyuubi to respresent fire being associated with Konoha. But I agree. It's never been implied the Kyuubi has anything to do with fire.
Well Shukaku was a sage rom the sand who was original trapped in a teapot if im not mistaken, so having him symbolize sand is much more then what area he was from.
mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 00:23   Link #46
Alpaca

Quote:
Kyuubi has nothing to do with fire!

Why do people always associate him with fire? I can't remember anything in the series which indicates this.
The whole "bijuu" thing comes from japanese legend, with each of the nine demons representing something or another ex two tailed cat for darkness, six tailed weasel for lightning, etc. It doesnt specifically say it in the series, but seeing as shukaku was wind as it was in legend, its implied (but I would think that would give Naruto a fire chakra too, not just wind).

Here's where I found all this:
http://forums.narutofan.com/showthread.php?t=57918
its long-winded, but interesting
Alpaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 00:26   Link #47
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post

Yeah but, the Sand Village is in the Wind Country. If Kyuubi was Konoha's Shukaku, I guess he would bury his opponent under leaves and then ignite them (Shukaku can use Fuuton). Doesn't look that great, right ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpaca View Post
The whole "bijuu" thing comes from japanese legend, with each of the nine demons representing something or another ex two tailed cat for darkness, six tailed weasel for lightning, etc. It doesnt specifically say it in the series, but seeing as shukaku was wind as it was in legend, its implied (but I would think that would give Naruto a fire chakra too, not just wind).

Here's where I found all this:
http://forums.narutofan.com/showthread.php?t=57918
its long-winded, but interesting
It's an old fanfiction crap.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 01:04   Link #48
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Kyuubi has nothing to do with fire!
Are you sure about that?

For all we know, there is an unknown, but yet known to exist, relationship between Kyuubi and the Uchiha clan, who is associated with fire. And if you can associate one element with Kyuubi, there is nothing more fitting than fire, based on its looks and its chakra resemblence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
It's an old fanfiction crap.
Naruto is also a fiction crap, so they perfectly match each other...
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 01:51   Link #49
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
Naruto is also a fiction crap, so they perfectly match each other...
Well, I won't bash you for this since I am not the greatest fan of Part 2 to say the least.

But even though we know only 2 bijuus and had a glimpse of 4 others, there are mistakes in almost all the tailed beasts here (the only one I could not find any fault is because it didn't appear in the manga and I was unable recognize the beast in the fanfic). And obviously, there has never been a war between the beasts.

Shukaku : no trace of the priest in the fanfic of the tailed beast host. (Of course, having a priest here doesn't make any sense. Gaara was probaby supposed to be a random monster like Orochimaru, but his popularity granted him a rescue arc and a role to play in Pt2)
Nibi : Nekomata is no unique monster, but just an old cat haunting the house it lives in.
Sanbi : Isonade doesn't have a 3 tails, but one. It doesn't suck chakra. It's just a giant shark which uses it's tail to drag fishermens into the sea and eat them. Anyways, in the manga, Sanbi is a tentacle turtle monster. (or possibly a Tentacruel. After all, in Pt2, the Bijuus are clearly not that great and the great and almighty Uchihas seem to have fun trying to "catch 'em all)
Yonbi : no idea what the beast of the fanfic is. Anyways, the one Kisame fought had elemental fusion abilities while the one of the legend uses poison gas.
Gobi : Houkou is a dog with no tails. How does it qualify as a 5-tailed beast ?
Rokubi : Raijuu. It as been depicted under many animal forms, none of them having an abnormal number of tails. It's one of the companions of Raijin, the God of Thunder, but not the god itself. It's a calm creature who only gets agitated during thunderstorm.
Shichibi : no clue
Hachibi : Was plausible. Could have been. Yamata no Orochi is indeed a 8-tailed (and 8 headed) snakes, but it's the monster Orochimaru is inspired from (the one who has a kusanagi sword inside his body) and therefore not one of the bijuus.
Kyuubi : Kinda like the Nekomata. Foxes are supposed to have powers in japanese mythology. The more powerful a fox becomes, the more tails he grows, up to 9. It's not one unique terrific monster.

And I think it's the last time I answer about that. Even my boredom has limits.
Old 2007-08-16, 02:01   Link #50
EoT
~~

Quote:
Well, I won't bash you for this since I am not the greatest fan of Part 2 to say the least.

But even though we know only 2 bijuus and had a glimpse of 4 others, there are mistakes in almost all the tailed beasts here (the only one I could not find any fault is because it didn't appear in the manga and I was unable recognize the beast in the fanfic). And obviously, there has never been a war between the beasts.

Shukaku : no trace of the priest in the fanfic of the tailed beast host. (Of course, having a priest here doesn't make any sense. Gaara was probaby supposed to be a random monster like Orochimaru, but his popularity granted him a rescue arc and a role to play in Pt2)
Nibi : Nekomata is no unique monster, but just an old cat haunting the house it lives in.
Sanbi : Isonade doesn't have a 3 tails, but one. It doesn't suck chakra. It's just a giant shark which uses it's tail to drag fishermens into the sea and eat them. Anyways, in the manga, Sanbi is a tentacle turtle monster. (or possibly a Tentacruel. After all, in Pt2, the Bijuus are clearly not that great and the great and almighty Uchihas seem to have fun trying to "catch 'em all)
Yonbi : no idea what the beast of the fanfic is. Anyways, the one Kisame fought had elemental fusion abilities while the one of the legend uses poison gas.
Gobi : Houkou is a dog with no tails. How does it qualify as a 5-tailed beast ?
Rokubi : Raijuu. It as been depicted under many animal forms, none of them having an abnormal number of tails. It's one of the companions of Raijin, the God of Thunder, but not the god itself. It's a calm creature who only gets agitated during thunderstorm.
Shichibi : no clue
Hachibi : Was plausible. Could have been. Yamata no Orochi is indeed a 8-tailed (and 8 headed) snakes, but it's the monster Orochimaru is inspired from (the one who has a kusanagi sword inside his body) and therefore not one of the bijuus.
Kyuubi : Kinda like the Nekomata. Foxes are supposed to have powers in japanese mythology. The more powerful a fox becomes, the more tails he grows, up to 9. It's not one unique terrific monster.

And I think it's the last time I answer about that. Even my boredom has limits.

Interesting, + rep for you.
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 02:15   Link #51
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
The main point I was trying to make is that fanfiction or whatever it was may not represent the actual information - I don't know. The same can also be said for Naruto. There will expectedly be deviations from the mythology it relies on as the basis to match the story created by the mangaka. So, if you look at that way, it becomes pointless to criticize that fanfiction (if it is so, I am not knowledged in that so I cannot say for sure) as it is not a lot different from what Kishi is currently creating...

Quote:
Shukaku : no trace of the priest in the fanfic of the tailed beast host.
Now, for the mistakes you mention, this is what is written for Shukaku: "Shukaku is a bijuu in the form of Raccon Dog (Tanuki of the Japanese mythology). Before, he was a priest that lived in the Desert of Nara. Because of the dark power released by Yamata no Orochi, and under the heavy assault of wind and sand, he transformed into a racoon dog (His actual form)." I don't know if I should check the others, cause for this one the mistake that you mention doesn't seem to be there.

Anyway, just to keep things short, that guy seem to have searched a lot of resources. They may not all be correct, but you gotta appreciate the work done instead of trashing it as a whole by stamping as a fanfiction, even though it may not be so.
Old 2007-08-16, 02:34   Link #52
epyon96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
The main point I was trying to make is that fanfiction or whatever it was may not represent the actual information - I don't know. The same can also be said for Naruto. There will expectedly be deviations from the mythology it relies on as the basis to match the story created by the mangaka. So, if you look at that way, it becomes pointless to criticize that fanfiction (if it is so, I am not knowledged in that so I cannot say for sure) as it is not a lot different from what Kishi is currently creating...

Now, for the mistakes you mention, this is what is written for Shukaku: "Shukaku is a bijuu in the form of Raccon Dog (Tanuki of the Japanese mythology). Before, he was a priest that lived in the Desert of Nara. Because of the dark power released by Yamata no Orochi, and under the heavy assault of wind and sand, he transformed into a racoon dog (His actual form)." I don't know if I should check the others, cause for this one the mistake that you mention doesn't seem to be there.

Anyway, just to keep things short, that guy seem to have searched a lot of resources. They may not all be correct, but you gotta appreciate the work done instead of trashing it as a whole by stamping as a fanfiction, even though it may not be so.
Rahan's previous post was very good at illustrating the egregious differences between the mythology version and what is depicted in Naruto. It would take a lot more than your explanation to convince people here that Naruto can be predicted based on the mythology. There are simply too many differences to ignore. You can't just discount some of them and only accept the ones that seem consistent with the mythology.

I think it is more valuable to just look at the plot as it is and then draw conclusions from there rather than try to template the Naruto story with various mythologies when it failed so many times in the past.

Epyon
epyon96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 02:44   Link #53
Rahan

Oops, I was wrong about Shukaku because above his presentation, he was described as one of the elemental gods.
I overlooked his description because the transition priest -> elemental god was a little hard to swallow for me. My mistake.
Old 2007-08-16, 02:52   Link #54
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by epyon96 View Post
Rahan's previous post was very good at illustrating the egregious differences between the mythology version and what is depicted in Naruto.

It would take a lot more than your explanation to convince people here that Naruto can be predicted based on the mythology. There are simply too many differences to ignore. You can't just discount some of them and only accept the ones that seem consistent with the mythology.
I guess you misunderstood my post and the post in question. Rahan claimed that the link in question corresponded to a fanfiction crap. He didn't say that it referred to the mythological information. At least, those words mean that way to me.

Now, I guess we can safely say that you can neither predict Naruto based on mythological evidence, nor argue with discontent if it ever happens to be conforming to the mythology. That means, they can both match up and not match up, at the same time, on different aspects. Well, kind of like fanfiction doesn't it...

And lastly I have never had the intention to convince people that Naruto can be predicted based on mythology, especially considering that I have never checked that mythology myself.
Old 2007-08-16, 03:40   Link #55
FireDetei
Online Gamer.

You'll have to pardon me if im incorrect, but with japaniese mythology, wasnt the Oro beast (8 headed snake) killed by a man named Jiraiya? If so then the theory of Naruto being based on the myths has already been blown out of the water by Sousuke :<
FireDetei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 03:59   Link #56
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDetei View Post
You'll have to pardon me if im incorrect, but with japaniese mythology, wasnt the Oro beast (8 headed snake) killed by a man named Jiraiya? If so then the theory of Naruto being based on the myths has already been blown out of the water by Sousuke :<
Yamato no Orochi was killed by Susanoo, brother of Amaterasu and Tsukoyomi (heh, I have heard those names before)

Orochimaru doesn't exist in japanese mythology. Like the other sannins, he is a character from novels (called [/i]The tale of the gallant Jiraiya[/i]) written during the 19th century). He battles his master Jiraiya and his wife Tsunade, but the story abruptly ends before he dies.

Naruto's Orochimaru is a mix between this Orochimaru (for his relation with the sannins and using snakes jutsus) and Yamato no Orochi (for being himself a snake and carrying the Kusanagi sword inside his body)
Old 2007-08-16, 06:34   Link #57
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDetei View Post
Orochimaru defeated Jiraiya and Tsunade in the original tale, I believe. Then he in turn was defeated by someone else. He could also shape-shift into a giant serpent. So, that aspect of the legend is accurate in Naruto.

The conversation about actual Japanese myth in Naruto is interesting, but it's a road that's been traveled many times in this forum. Its probably going to lead to talks of MS(with conjecture of Susanoo being the name of the final technique) and worse yet, talks of tengu (which seems like rubbish to me).

My opinion of the Kyuubi still stands. If the Kyuubi was associated with fire, it'd be shown by now. Naruto would've probably been given fire abilities from the start, as opposed to wind. And the fact that the Uchiha clan uses fire means little to me at this point since we don't know the relationship between the Kyuubi and the Uchiha clan.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 06:42   Link #58
DrunkenRyder
Segundo Arrancar

People need to stop making fake spoilers, It stirs to much commotion.
Old 2007-08-16, 08:12   Link #59
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenRyder View Post
People need to stop making fake spoilers, It stirs to much commotion.
I agree, i mean what do they get?
Old 2007-08-16, 08:43   Link #60
tkdtiger

Those are interesting pics. The site's link though may be against the terms of the forum since the site has the actual mangas. I'm not sure if those pics are real though, but at the same token I don't remember that site to ever post a fake spoiler pics before...
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote