AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-07-09, 19:47   Link #841
ginran
~Smile~

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
So much ShirLulu goodness here. =o
Its good stuff~

Thanks to Yuka-Chan for the sig!
ginran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 00:33   Link #842
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginran View Post
Its good stuff~
Yep, it's a celebration!

But alas, it seems the celebration is about over (it is here anyway) So here's one last toast to Shirley. May her spirit live on through and through, and may we continue to preach the name of our beloved goddess.

Oh, and thanks for the links to Masquerad and Shirley's Theme ginran. Lelouch truly is Shirley's destiny

And I'll leave you all with one final image

Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 00:43   Link #843
Who

Gonna insert one "happy belated" before it's officially over... which it is in my time zone, but we'll ignore that.

Happy belated and basically everything that the KoS said cause it takes too long for me to type. :d
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 01:10   Link #844
Sol Falling

Just one more hour in my time zone...>_< I didn't know today was her birthday either. Memorizing/celebrating birthdates isn't something I'd normally do for anime characters, but hell, this is Shirley.

Well, happy birthday then. Nice pics/poem/vids to those who posted too, that is indeed a lot of love.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 01:25   Link #845
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Just one more hour in my time zone...>_< I didn't know today was her birthday either. Memorizing/celebrating birthdates isn't something I'd normally do for anime characters, but hell, this is Shirley.

Well, happy birthday then. Nice pics/poem/vids to those who posted too, that is indeed a lot of love.
LOL, don't worry Sol, it's the same for me. Normally I don't give two craps about fictional characters' birthdays (hell, sometimes I have trouble remembering my family members' birthdays ), but since it's Shirley...

And yes, alotta love. No less than she deserved.
Old 2009-07-10, 01:29   Link #846
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
That pic of Shirley just further emphasizes how ridiculously short the Ashford uniform skirts are. They should really be about 50% longer. I know that real-life Japanese school uniform skirts are really short, definitely in the miniskirt territory, compared to the knee-length uniform skirts we see in the West... but still...

I've seen cosplayers go for accuracy on the Ashford uniform, and let me tell you, the real-life versions of those skirts leave nothing whatsoever to the imagination. A constant barrage of panty shots that'd put most ecchi manga to shame. Shirley and the other Ashford girls are lucky they have the power of magic anime skirts that hide their panties from greedy eyes...
Old 2009-07-10, 03:50   Link #847
Tr3adst0ne
Rogue Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
That pic of Shirley just further emphasizes how ridiculously short the Ashford uniform skirts are. They should really be about 50% longer. I know that real-life Japanese school uniform skirts are really short, definitely in the miniskirt territory, compared to the knee-length uniform skirts we see in the West... but still...

I've seen cosplayers go for accuracy on the Ashford uniform, and let me tell you, the real-life versions of those skirts leave nothing whatsoever to the imagination. A constant barrage of panty shots that'd put most ecchi manga to shame. Shirley and the other Ashford girls are lucky they have the power of magic anime skirts that hide their panties from greedy eyes...
Of course, even magic has its limits...
Tr3adst0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 15:41   Link #848
ginran
~Smile~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Yep, it's a celebration!

But alas, it seems the celebration is about over (it is here anyway) So here's one last toast to Shirley. May her spirit live on through and through, and may we continue to preach the name of our beloved goddess.

Oh, and thanks for the links to Masquerad and Shirley's Theme ginran. Lelouch truly is Shirley's destiny

And I'll leave you all with one final image

You're welcome KoS~ those songs should be shared.

nice pic too!

Old 2009-07-10, 17:17   Link #849
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Oh, it was Shirley`s birthday on the 8th? I didn`t know! That would explain something that happened to me on that day.

I was playing the Code Geass game on the DS on that day. When you load a file, before each game starts, you talk to a character in a fourth wall breaking-esque thing.

So anyway, on that day, when I started it up, I spoke with Lelouch. He mentioned that it was Shirley`s birthday that day, and he was wondering what kind of present to get her

Anyway, happy (late) birthday, Shirley!
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 17:39   Link #850
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
Oh, it was Shirley`s birthday on the 8th? I didn`t know! That would explain something that happened to me on that day.

I was playing the Code Geass game on the DS on that day. When you load a file, before each game starts, you talk to a character in a fourth wall breaking-esque thing.

So anyway, on that day, when I started it up, I spoke with Lelouch. He mentioned that it was Shirley`s birthday that day, and he was wondering what kind of present to get her

Anyway, happy (late) birthday, Shirley!
Really? Are you sure? Sky seems to be pretty sure that her birthday is the 9th. Does anyone have an official source so we can confirm this once and for all?

BTW, what did you tell Lelouch to get her for her birthday?
Old 2009-07-10, 17:59   Link #851
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

7/8 - http://www.shareapic.net/content.php...&owner=Kouzuki
Old 2009-07-10, 18:07   Link #852
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Excellent. Thank you morbos (and just when I was about to commit July 9th to memory )
Old 2009-07-10, 18:11   Link #853
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Lol, wiki is moar fail than i imagined. 8D
Thanks for the scan, now we got the right one ~
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 18:13   Link #854
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
Lol, wiki is moar fail than i imagined. 8D
Thanks for the scan, now we got the right one ~
A lesson we all learn eventually sky. Wiki, good for quick look-ups but not for citing official statements. LOL, no worries though
Old 2009-07-10, 21:58   Link #855
ginran
~Smile~

Great! XD all along the date was wrong...that's kind of depressing. Well, thanks to morbos for straightening that out.

That's so weird though. Every place I checked had it listed as the 9th...ah well. XD

Old 2009-07-10, 22:18   Link #856
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Great! XD all along the date was wrong...that's kind of depressing. Well, thanks to morbos for straightening that out.

That's so weird though. Every place I checked had it listed as the 9th...ah well. XD
Wow. That is weird that so many places would have her birthday listed as the 9th. Well, at least we know it's in the general 8th-9th area anyway. Maybe she was born at like 11:59 PM or 12:01 AM XD
Old 2009-07-10, 22:31   Link #857
ginran
~Smile~

Quote:
Wow. That is weird that so many places would have her birthday listed as the 9th. Well, at least we know it's in the general 8th-9th area anyway. Maybe she was born at like 11:59 PM or 12:01 AM XD
I hope it's something like that! I feel bad that we were celebrating on the wrong day! XD Ahh, Shirley, you're birthday is confusing, but we love you anyways! <3

Last edited by ginran; 2009-07-13 at 14:33.
Old 2009-07-10, 22:35   Link #858
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
XD I hope it's something like that! I feel really bad that we were celebrating on the wrong day! Ahh, Shirley, you're birthday is confusing, but we love you anyways! <3
Hey, it's the thought that counts, right? And it's not like we were totally off and celebrating her birthday in like February or something
Old 2009-07-10, 22:46   Link #859
ginran
~Smile~

Quote:
Hey, it's the thought that counts, right? And it's not like we were totally off and celebrating her birthday in like February or something
That's true...I feel better about it now. Thanks.

Last edited by ginran; 2009-07-13 at 14:34.
Old 2009-07-11, 07:59   Link #860
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Lol, another one of Geass unsolved mysteries, sure thing, haha.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote