AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-05-25, 19:19   Link #41
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Well, the OVA does have a point. It's just supposed to conclude the TV series, since they didn't have enough time for an actual conclusion in the TV series. And concludes it quite well, except for the lack of conclusion for Ryohei, and the complete absence of Kokusho and Kousei.

The one, single problem with the TV series, was that it was way too short. All of the problems of the TV series are a result of that one problem. Rushing the story after episode 5, Kokusho's total nerfed-ness, Genta's lame and very shallow death, etc. All because they didn't make the series long enough to do the story and plot right like the manga does.
Old 2006-05-27, 14:45   Link #42
xris
Just call me Ojisan

ANN reports Jinki:Extend has been licensed by ADV.

Quote:
ADV Announces Jinki:Extend (2006-05-27)
ADV Announced at their Anime Boston panel today that they will be releasing the Jinki:Extend TV anime series. ADV already released the manga series.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-27, 16:05   Link #43
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
ANN reports Jinki:Extend has been licensed by ADV.
I guess my hunch was right after all. ADV got the license to one of last 2005 anime titles pending for distribution rights in USA.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-27, 17:28   Link #44
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Wow...I don't know why, but that was unexpected to me.
Old 2006-10-06, 03:46   Link #45
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Does that mean they'll start doing the Manga again or what. I hate it when companies do this, somebody could be scanlating it right now if they'd just come out and admit they've dropped it.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 13:34   Link #46
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Unfortunately, I haven't heard a peep about ADV's releasing for the Jinki: Extend manga in quite a while. Hopefully they'll pick it back up eventually though.
Old 2007-04-17, 03:37   Link #47
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

And so I was surfing the net for Jinki: Extend stuff because I was bored, when I happened across two very rare images at IGN under their "Hottest Babes" theme. Rare, as in "I have no idea where the **** they found them" rare. And they're not fanart, they're official art. I've got the one Jinki: Extend art book there is, and these images aren't in there.

Spoiler tag for major ecchi-ness. (oooohhh, if only they zoomed in a bit on Rui in that second pic.... )

Spoiler:
Old 2007-06-26, 14:22   Link #48
NeoSam

The seinen manga Jinki will be continuing in the seinen moe~ manga magazine Dengeki Moeoh

There's a nice illustration here too (NSFW)
http://www.mediaworks.co.jp/special/moeoh/index_d.php

The Jinki manga was dropped from Comic Blade after a disagreement between the author and the magazine's author.
Old 2007-06-27, 15:23   Link #49
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

FREAKING YES!!!

FINALLY!!!

Any word on when it'll start back up?
Old 2007-06-28, 08:46   Link #50
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
FREAKING YES!!!

FINALLY!!!

Any word on when it'll start back up?
There's still no official announcement when the manga will start in Dengeki Moeoh, but for the latest issue of Dengeki Moeoh and the next two issues there will be JINKI illustrations included
Old 2007-06-28, 10:01   Link #51
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I think this show deserves a season 2.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-28, 16:03   Link #52
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

I think this show deserves a total remake with a longer episode count to erase the rushed-ness of the second half of the first series. >.> I honestly don't think a second season could do anything, as the existing series makes it quite hard for there to be a second season. Hopefully, the restarting of the J:E manga will rev the fanship back up to make more anime possible.
Old 2014-03-03, 22:47   Link #53
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Does this anime have yuri or is that just shippers talking? Is this work(or rather, home) safe btw?
Student no.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 02:14   Link #54
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Student no.0 View Post
Does this anime have yuri or is that just shippers talking? Is this work(or rather, home) safe btw?
- Yes and no. NSFW for some parts, definitely. It's not flat-out Yuri like Kannaduki No Miko, but there are moments. And some of the villain characters' motiviations are weird (Read: Psychotic. Kokusho being the main one).

It's very chopped up compared to the manga IMHO. The Venezuela bits are done okay, but I'm not happy with the modern-day Tokyo arc of the series where the characters are...different (Akao in the manga is a lovable ditz, while in the anime she's basically Shinji Ikari with Breasts.)
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 12:06   Link #55
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- Yes and no. NSFW for some parts, definitely. It's not flat-out Yuri like Kannaduki No Miko, but there are moments. And some of the villain characters' motiviations are weird (Read: Psychotic. Kokusho being the main one).

It's very chopped up compared to the manga IMHO. The Venezuela bits are done okay, but I'm not happy with the modern-day Tokyo arc of the series where the characters are...different (Akao in the manga is a lovable ditz, while in the anime she's basically Shinji Ikari with Breasts.)
Sucks I can't get the volumes in English especially since ADV manga went defunct. Would be nice if there was a license rescue starting from the original Jinki manga. I noticed ADV started with Extend, so hopefully legal problems won't get in the way if there actually does come a license rescue, but I'm not sure if that'll happen unless this gets an anime remake(and God knows when that'll happen...) I'll just be content with the anime when I get my hands on it anyway in the meantime. Thanks!
Student no.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 02:28   Link #56
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Only Vol 1-3 were translated into English, and that's for Jinki Extend (the Tokyo arc). They didn't do a good job with translating, either, because the conversations are awkward. I had to get myself the Japanese editions and try to piece together the remainder of the story from online and what little Japanese I can understand.

...don't ask me to summarize. Jinki's been stopped and restarted so many times (with a timeskip/jumpback in each one) that it's almost nuts. Even the current Jinki series is on hiatus at the moment (AGAIN DAMMIT)
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote