AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Midori no Hibi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-17, 15:24   Link #1
IPv6
blastos.com

anime n manga

man I kinda hate how they are not following the manga plot line. Epi 6 didn't make that little girl seem like a brat like the manga did ... kinda disappointing really.
Old 2004-05-17, 15:25   Link #2
brightman
Ancient Member

And what's with Ep 8? Does that happen in the later chapters of the manga???
Old 2004-05-17, 20:03   Link #3
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

they're technically following the manga's plot, they're just reworking a lot of chapters into 1 episode (if you think about it, the whole thing with the figure otaku guy REALLY only needed 1 episode)
Old 2004-05-18, 07:28   Link #4
AKS74u

Episode 8 totally deviates from the manga... as far as i've read anyway. Not that its a bad thing, I'm actually kinda anxious to see how things turn out.
Old 2004-05-18, 14:54   Link #5
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPv6
man I kinda hate how they are not following the manga plot line. Epi 6 didn't make that little girl seem like a brat like the manga did ... kinda disappointing really.
... I thought that she didn't seem like much of a brat in either the anime or the manga. She was just a slightly annoying little girl with a crush on an older guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKS74u
Episode 8 totally deviates from the manga... as far as i've read anyway. Not that its a bad thing, I'm actually kinda anxious to see how things turn out.
Agreed. An anime that deviates too much from the manga is inviting disaster, but Midori no Hibi is an exception. I am really looking forward to episode 8; It seems like its going to be a lot of fun
Old 2004-05-18, 18:38   Link #6
IPv6
blastos.com

hrmm when I read the manga for this epi in the manga, it kinda make me sense she is a brat or spoiled by her father ... being the only child without a mother. I don't see how being annoying have to do with disrespecting and talking down to a person who wants to be her mother.
Old 2004-05-19, 00:12   Link #7
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Episode 8 hasn't happened in the manga yet...though i actually pondered that while reading the manga -_-
MnH seems like a compilation of good ideas woven together to an actual plot (and the anime is tying up the chaotically paced manga into sequences)
Spoiler:
Closed Thread