AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-04-15, 10:45   Link #821
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirno View Post

Spoilers
Spoiler for Cards
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
Creepy Mikasa
What is Connie doing in the those pack of cards.

Annie looks great, can't wait for her and the other(s) secondary character come into the dialogue.

@Creepy Mikasa, was she really? I thought it was funny how she appear behind him and scaring people off in a comical way. Did not expect any type of comedy from this series. ^_^
Old 2013-04-15, 10:52   Link #822
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Did not expect any type of comedy from this series. ^_^
Potaaaaaaaaato!
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 11:14   Link #823
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Potaaaaaaaaato!
I swear that question will become one hell of a meme after this episode airs.
Old 2013-04-15, 11:39   Link #824
n120cky

I have mixed feeling for episode 2, I feel it's both necessary and unnecessary, but I definitely feel the down point from 2 episode, I rate 9 for first episode but I'll rate 7 for epsd 2. Anyway I can't wait see Mikasa in action, hope she will next episode.
Old 2013-04-15, 12:28   Link #825
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo and others who replied View Post
As a manga reader, I really liked the padded stuff. I like how they're investing a lot already on the characters (probably even more in the next few episodes based on the previews) so that when shit finally gets real, you're even more invested in the characters than how you were in the manga.

Though generally I'm not really a nitpicker when it comes to adaptations since it'll never be exactly the way you want it. Fortunately for Kyojin, it's close as hell to what I wanted and when it's not (at least for me), it's even better than I imagined.
Well, I don't hate it, so I guess maybe I came off a bit too critical. It's just that I felt the extra Eren angst was a bit over the top in how he lashed out at Armin. As a manga reader you should know why it felt weird, I hope. I'd rather not mention it yet because it's sort of a spoiler.

Everything else was pretty solid. The political stuff was too obvious of an add-in, and I don't get why they had to use lack of food considering the overwhelming size of the territories. That's what I meant about how it doesn't hurt the story, but it felt superfluous to add it in. Does it help with emotions and some world/character building? I guess, but I worry about the desire to pad out the story versus holding back some of the mystery for later like the manga does. Eren's flashback/dream thing after the attack is a good example of this. Tipping too many clues by lingering and padding on scenes may actually work against the story in the long run, is what I fear.

Spending more time fleshing things out isn't necessarily a bad thing, since the time skip does introduce a LOT of new faces and events very quickly, so maybe I'm just being too pessimistic that they'll screw this up considering the general track record of anime adaptations that started out so very promising.
Old 2013-04-15, 12:32   Link #826
Folenfant
Banned

I've never been that big a fan of Erens VA but man that delivery on the scene where he swears absolute revenge on the Titans was really powerful and hot blooded. This has to be one of the more intense TV episodes I've seen so far this year.
Folenfant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 12:35   Link #827
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I guess, but I worry about the desire to pad out the story versus holding back some of the mystery for later like the manga does. Eren's flashback/dream thing after the attack is a good example of this. Tipping too many clues by lingering and padding on scenes may actually work against the story in the long run, is what I fear.
The flashback happened in like...chapter 4 or 5 or something so it's not that big a deal to be honest.
Old 2013-04-15, 12:35   Link #828
musouka

Quote:
The political stuff was too obvious of an add-in, and I don't get why they had to use lack of food considering the overwhelming size of the territories.
This was strongly implied to be the case in the manga as well, though. We might not have seen the situation firsthand, but think back. Why were the people so upset over the Scouts? They thought of them as a waste because they ate food but got no results. Likewise, it's stated that the reason they sent out so many of the refugees to "take back the wall" was because they didn't have enough food to support all of them considering all the land they lost. There are also offhand mentions later on about the food situation and how bad it is.

You can complain about it being made explicit in such a hamhanded way--and I'd probably agree--but it's nothing that wasn't there in the source material itself.
ずっと変りはしない
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 13:00   Link #829
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Right, not disagreeing. Hamhanded is the best way to put it in words of how I felt. I want to be clear - I'm not upset they did this stuff, just how they did it. It's personal preference, so I understand that others don't mind it at all, or as much.

My only serious complaint is Eren lashing out at Armin, which can be explained as him being out of his mind, but again I see that others don't mind it, so I'll shut up about it.

Other than that I just worry that the reason they're going so slow and padding things is because they're going to use a certain major event as the mid season climax, which is irritating because there is so much more story they could be covering, and it also points to an anime original ending which tend to be hit or miss.
Old 2013-04-15, 13:04   Link #830
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:

My only serious complaint is Eren lashing out at Armin, which can be explained as him being out of his mind, but again I see that others don't mind it, so I'll shut up about it.
I agree with you on this...it was way too out of character for Eren.
Old 2013-04-15, 13:14   Link #831
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
It's funny because while reading the manga my thoughts were "this is great,you can pad the hell out of this and it'll still be interesting"

Of course it depends how they do it but there's really a lot that happens offscreen in the manga that I wouldn't mind seeing happen onscreen in the anime,it would give a chance to develop the supporting cast even more.

Don't want an original ending and the manga isn't close to done so I'm in no rush for the anime to cover lots of ground.
Old 2013-04-15, 13:43   Link #832
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroz View Post
This one is so amazing with the high synchronicity level, without any edits

YouTube
This is the fourth video I find. Is this a new meme? Attack on the Titan's opening goes with everything?

The best part from the Indian video must be 0:34 where the sync reach epic levels.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 13:49   Link #833
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroz View Post
This one is so amazing with the high synchronicity level, without any edits

YouTube
I'd have to disagree on that one. IMO it doesn't sync at all.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 14:11   Link #834
musouka

Quote:
No, I completely agree with you on this. Even from what we've seen, Eren sometimes reacts in angry, startled way when one of his friends interferes with his "fights" but he attacks their actions in doing so, not them as a person.

To be honest, while I love Mikasa and Armin (and Eren isn't even my favorite character), that scene seemed to be a moment to make them look good at Eren's expense. Eren has a lot of flaws--a vicious temper that he has trouble controlling and stubbornness chief among them--but there are a lot of good things about him too.
ずっと変りはしない
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 14:20   Link #835
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Yeah, anything between wall Maria and wall Rose is Titan domain now.
As for how big is the area, I don't know if anyone else did the math already, but if we consider the info that were disclosed in EP1 reliable, then the distance between Maria and Rose is 100 km, the one between Rose and Sina is 130 km, and the distance between Sina and the center is 250 km.
I read it wrong. I thought the whole radius was 250 km, and concluded it was something the size of the British Isles, which was quite big enough already. This makes the whole thing even larger
Old 2013-04-15, 18:34   Link #836
CJ_Walker

Quote:
Right, not disagreeing. Hamhanded is the best way to put it in words of how I felt. I want to be clear - I'm not upset they did this stuff, just how they did it. It's personal preference, so I understand that others don't mind it at all, or as much.

Other than that I just worry that the reason they're going so slow and padding things is because they're going to use a certain major event as the mid season climax, which is irritating because there is so much more story they could be covering, and it also points to an anime original ending which tend to be hit or miss.
I actually like that they are padding things out, hopefully we can get an adaptation in which the manga actually finishes in time for it to be animated. . .hopefully the padding, and the Author hurrying the hell up with the plot story(which he hasn't been really doing for about half a year to be honest) will provide this.

Although I'm not holding my breath. . .

I kinda wished they waited for another 6-8 months for this show really...
CJ_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 18:40   Link #837
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

You shouldn't hold your breath...considering the manga seems to be a long way from ending (especially now that it's getting an anime, the chances of getting axed are even lower).
Old 2013-04-15, 18:50   Link #838
Anime Online

Eren is going through the grieving process in episode 2. He's angry at the Titans. He's angry that the soldier didn't manage to save his mother. He's angry at himself for being helpless.

At the end of the episode, Eren turns his rage towards the Titans and swears bloody vengeance. Fortunately, since this is a fighting anime, being consumed by vengeance only powers up his ooomph meter, instead of making him unable to remain cool under pressure and becoming a liability to his team.

It's easy to see why Mikasa is the much stronger character between the two. She has a detached demeanor to show her ability to think and act rationally during a crisis. I would have voted her as the main character anyday.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 19:33   Link #839
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Spoiler for Breads for Eren:

Spoiler for Er.."Censored" bread for Eren:
Old 2013-04-15, 20:09   Link #840
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerklein View Post
Spoiler for Breads for Eren:

Spoiler for Er.."Censored" bread for Eren:
Even homo's are homophobic of that picture of Eren.

SEND IN EROKING TO CLEAN THIS MESS UP !@

Tags
action, dystopian, fantasy, post-apocalyptic, shounen, terror, tragedy, violence