AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-06-21, 05:17   Link #101
KimmyChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
it's not long enough, though CLAMP stopped the production because they weren't happy with the way the second season turned out. A third season was even planned to start an April few years back, though didn't happen because of this reason.

Though thanks to that, so far we've seen two OVA productions by Production IG, and personally speaking as a manga reader, they are what i like to see in terms of adapting the material.

I still quite like the two seasons that did happen, though with the material they could have been so much better.
All we need now is for the second season to start getting released onto DVD here...It's taking far too long, lol!
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 17:36   Link #102
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
I've watched the anime seasons and the OVAs. Anime was okay, OVA was epic, but required some manga knowledge.

I want to start reading the manga, but don't want to repeat the arcs that were in the anime. About where do I start?
Old 2009-07-27, 17:39   Link #103
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite_Coke View Post
I want to start reading the manga, but don't want to repeat the arcs that were in the anime. About where do I start?
Volume 15 is around the middle of Tsubasa Chronicle: Tokyo Revelations, so i'd say there.
Old 2009-08-16, 20:50   Link #104
nanafan
horo fan

i hate to revive this but i just finished tokyo revolutions, and started on shunraiki...and i am confused cuz i read the manga a long time ago and can't remember what happens. is there one episode of shunraiki left? i heard that there was to be 4 ovas, does the princess of bird country count? i don't know. i wished they didn't jump around so much, but they probably don't have much of a choice since there's a lot in the manga.
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 21:12   Link #105
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanafan View Post
i hate to revive this but i just finished tokyo revolutions, and started on shunraiki...and i am confused cuz i read the manga a long time ago and can't remember what happens. is there one episode of shunraiki left? i heard that there was to be 4 ovas, does the princess of bird country count? i don't know. i wished they didn't jump around so much, but they probably don't have much of a choice since there's a lot in the manga.
Tsubasa Shunraiki has 2 episodes. The other 2 episodes is xxxHOLiC Shunmuki. The Princess of Bird Country is an anime-original story. The problem is that Shunraiki skipped some arcs of the manga so it should be Tokyo Revelations, some manga arcs I think Fai's arc that are skipped, and then comes Shunraiki.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 13:59   Link #106
nanafan
horo fan

thanks, so then Xxxholic is a part of the tsubasa ovas or is it only the xxxholic story? they didn't like how the second season went? i liked the second season as much as the first. the ovas are good, but they leave a lot of stuff out, so i guess the only way to know how it all ends is to read the manga i guess, and i stopped reading it a while back...might have to restart it or something
Old 2009-08-17, 15:30   Link #107
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
thanks, so then Xxxholic is a part of the tsubasa ovas or is it only the xxxholic story?
The xxxHolic OVA's are apart of the Tsubasa Chronicle story, yes. Unlike the TV series which edited those parts out.
Old 2009-08-17, 17:49   Link #108
nanafan
horo fan

ok, then i have to see those. has that ova been released yet, or is it coming out soon?
Old 2009-08-17, 17:54   Link #109
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
ok, then i have to see those. has that ova been released yet, or is it coming out soon?
Yeah it's been released. Official title is xxxHolic Shunmuki.
Old 2009-08-18, 00:44   Link #110
nanafan
horo fan

thanks, another thing to add to my list to watch,
Old 2009-08-20, 23:40   Link #111
War_Lord
Modern Philosopher

Wow, I didn't even know XXXholic and TC were related. I tried watching the anime series of XXXholic, but it didn't draw me into the story. I just finished watching the anime and the latest chapter of Tsubasa chronicles and I came to this thread to see if there was any new developments regarding the series in general. I guess I'll look into the XXXholic manga and ovas while I wait for the next chapters.
Old 2009-08-23, 15:08   Link #112
nanafan
horo fan

have you watched the tsubasa ovas, xxxholic and tsubasa are linked since yuko helps them time travel...i haven't read all of clamp's stuff but they do a lot of crossovers into their series or they have the same characters in a different world or something
Old 2009-08-26, 22:21   Link #113
Taricitous

Send a message via MSN to Taricitous
Spoiler for OVAs:

so is there more OVAs to come? or ....
Old 2009-08-27, 03:25   Link #114
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taricitous View Post
so is there more OVAs to come? or ....
No more Tsubasa Chronicle OVA's have been announced. We just have the upcoming xxxHolic OVA.

Also the Tsubasa Chronicle OVA's do have their own thread in the fansubbed section.
Old 2009-08-29, 20:25   Link #115
nanafan
horo fan

there is going to be more xxxholic ovas beside shunraiki? woot.
Old 2009-09-13, 11:12   Link #116
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

manga supposedly ends (next month) so.....if there is some sort of an anime/OVA ending...it'd be out sometime ahaha (not to get hopes up)
Old 2015-02-26, 19:18   Link #117
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

First volume

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Tags
shounen