AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-19, 22:06   Link #101
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Jinbe's weakness isn't all that big really...and what's wrong with him being weaker on land anyway? He's still strong as hell (he matched up with Luffy, though neither was series, in their little quarrel and didn't need surrounding water).

I agree with James that if a logia joins it should be a silly element...I'm not too sure what though (but a puzzle-man actually sounds fun xD)
Old 2012-12-19, 23:34   Link #102
game2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I really don't think that is Kaido. Really doesn't match the shadow outline given by Garp long time ago, well since its the time skip that could happen. Or maybe its because Shanks who wields a Sword fought against him, that could be a scar.
Silhouettes in OP aren't always accurated. Big Mom doesn't exactly resemble her silhouette either.
Old 2012-12-19, 23:37   Link #103
Mateus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Wait...why would the next one logically be the Wind logia? I don't doubt it'll show up eventually (biggest theory is that it belongs to Dragon or something) but why will it be the next?

There's so many fun possibilities for Logia (though Paramecia have the most interesting abilities at times), so far the oddest one we've had (canon) was the Swamp Swamp...cause till then it's been pretty generic.
Swamp Swamp is considered earth right? I was going to say maybe Chi Chi/Iwa Iwa be able to make yourself into rock but that would most likely fall under paramecia category. I guess Wind wouldn't be the most logical, I would like to see someone use it in unique ways like how Kizaru uses light and Clown uses Gas. If Dragon does indeed possess the wind wind fruit then we probably won't get to him go all-out with it unless it's against the marines in another war or something. Personally I'd rather it be a villain like Valvalis/Barbariccia who uses wind in interesting ways...anyway back to the topic....

I think CC could accidentally save the island by messing with the heart, assuming that it IS Monet's heart.
Old 2012-12-20, 05:17   Link #104
ronin myael
lost ronin

why do people think pink is a sissy color in op-verse? i personally don't like the color but this is oda's world and in his world people like doflamingo who wear feathery pink outfits are badass! i mean seriously, does it make him less of a badass villain because he wears pink? i don't think so! and to answer the question that blackbeard d. kuma posed earlier, i think he's quite powerful. probably not on the yonkou level but he's up there among the top-tier guys in op-verse. he's probably one of the most manipulative and sneakiest villains so far.
Old 2012-12-20, 06:00   Link #105
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Uhhh, wait, the next element is wind? Did we forget that CC is gas?
Old 2012-12-20, 18:19   Link #106
Mateus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
Yep, the next element should be liquid. Maybe all the liquids possible without water. You can still be oil or some sort of liquid poison or I dunno...maybe quicksilver, since it's really toxic.
We already had poison (Magellan) and he was a Paramecia
Old 2012-12-21, 03:51   Link #107
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
In all honesty, Doflamingo has mostly been riding the hype train. None of his feats suggest he's a top tier fighter. And with the way the story is progressing and the more we learn about him, I feel he isn't going to be as strong as some may think.
This. While there is no doubt in my mind that DoFlamingo is strong, I feel his reputation in the New World has equally or more to do with his doings in the underworld, god knows how many secret projects/fruits/weapons and his political influence. He has a sharp mind, that much is clear.

Add to that his power is in the field of mind control (presumably), and I second BDK that he's not a top tier fighter.
Old 2012-12-21, 05:38   Link #108
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

I think Luffy's resistance against poison had been exploited enough in the last two arcs

no need for more character (enemy or even nakama) with poison attribute for at least for 2-3 arcs forward

cos it's getting dull fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Maybe that theory would work if Dofla weren't already an adult around the time Luffy's flashback took place? More specifically, he would have been 29 years old at that time. So nope, don't think so.
yeah I forgot to consider dofla's age around that timeline
Old 2012-12-21, 17:15   Link #109
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Unless Doflamingo gets taken down in a team effort, it makes no sense for him to be a top tier fighter. With the way the story is progressing, it looks like he's going to be the next big bad. And while the strawhats have improved dramatically over the skip, I don't quite think the monster trio have reached top tier status yet (I'd place them in the high-high tier bracket).

That being said, I'd categorize Doflamingo in the range of high-high tier to low-top tier.
Old 2012-12-21, 17:16   Link #110
marvelB

Kinda late on this, but as far as my impressions on Dofla's personal strength goes: Yes, I suppose I'd agree that he wouldn't be as powerful as the emperors/admirals, but I do still see him being a major force to be reckoned with, nonetheless. I mean, putting aside his sphere of influence in the underworld, let's not forget that he's the dude who was literally introduced playing around with vice-admirals like puppets. I highly doubt that a pushover would be capable of messing around with top-tier marines in that fashion. Therefore, I'm definitely expecting him to be the first real challenge Luffy will face against in the New World....
Old 2012-12-21, 17:21   Link #111
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

There haven't been a great enemy for the Straw Hats to fight. Even with Monet and Vergo were not good enough in my opinion. Doflamingo sounds like a legitimate opponent to show off the Straw Hats full power for once. I am expecting the Straw Hats' bounty to go up for every member after this arc.
Old 2012-12-21, 22:24   Link #112
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
what if Dragon is Jack? I mean Chapter 432 the name of that chapter was "Jack in the Box" and it was when Dragon was revealed to be Luffys father. I guess you never know with Oda.
Old 2012-12-22, 04:32   Link #113
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

His name is already revealed to be monkey d dragon, don't see how that could happen. The jack being referred to is obviously...
Spoiler for p:
Old 2012-12-22, 14:52   Link #114
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
what if Dragon is Jack? I mean Chapter 432 the name of that chapter was "Jack in the Box" and it was when Dragon was revealed to be Luffys father. I guess you never know with Oda.

That's.... kind of a very left-field theory. Anyways, I'm guessing you mean that "Jack" would be Dragon's underworld alias (like Joker for Dofla)? Even so, I very highly doubt that. Plus, the chapter title you brought up wasn't even literally called "Jack-in-the-Box" in Japanese, anyway (it was more like "Surprise Box"). So yeah, I'm thinking that this "Jack" is a new guy altogether.....

Anyways, on to a different subject: This year's Jump Fiesta revealed Caesar's voice actor for the anime adaption of Punk Hazard: Ryusei Nakao, who I believe most folks here will remember as being the voice of DBZ's Freeza! Gotta say that I'm definitely looking forward to hearing him as CC!

Last edited by marvelB; 2012-12-22 at 15:31.
Old 2012-12-22, 14:58   Link #115
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Anyways, on to a different subject: This year's Jump Fiesta revealed Caesar's voice actor for the anime adaption of Punk Hazard: Ryusei Nakao, who I believe most folks here will remember him as being the voice of DBZ's Freeza! Gotta say that I'm definitely looking forward to hearing him as CC!
Nice . Ryusei Nakao is a perfect fit for Ceasar. Now, it's only a matter of time before Norio Wakamoto plays a character in One Piece.
Old 2012-12-23, 17:41   Link #116
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I've been wondering when Nakao was finally going to make his appearance.
Old 2012-12-24, 14:36   Link #117
Blackbeard D. Kuma

At the stage event at Jump Festa, Oda mentioned new developments to begin in 2013 with new species involved in the story and someone dangerous on the move (within the next 3-4 chapters). Thanks to @masashiy84 on Twitter for the information.
Old 2012-12-24, 15:14   Link #118
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
At the stage event at Jump Festa, Oda mentioned new developments to begin in 2013 with new species involved in the story and someone dangerous on the move (within the next 3-4 chapters). Thanks to @masashiy84 on Twitter for the information.

Yeah, just read about this, myself. The "someone dangerous" could be referring to Dofla, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility of one of those NW pirates watching the broadcast being the person in question, either (like that "Jack", for instance). As for new species..... maybe it's referring to the Smiles? I mean, we already have one based on a dragon, so maybe CC managed to create a series of Smiles based off all kinds of mythical creatures.....

BTW, in addition to the news of Ryusei Nakao voicing Caesar, it's also been revealed that Kinemon will be voiced by Kenyu Horiuchi (who I'm admittedly not familiar with). The source of the info is here (though the site's in Japanese).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I've been wondering when Nakao was finally going to make his appearance.

Actually, this isn't his first OP role.... he previously voiced Dr. Indigo in Strong World. But it's still cool to know he has a villain role in the main series proper.
Old 2012-12-25, 15:14   Link #119
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Yeah, just read about this, myself. The "someone dangerous" could be referring to Dofla, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility of one of those NW pirates watching the broadcast being the person in question, either (like that "Jack", for instance). As for new species..... maybe it's referring to the Smiles? I mean, we already have one based on a dragon, so maybe CC managed to create a series of Smiles based off all kinds of mythical creatures....
Personally hoping for Minkmen actually, we still don't know what they are exactly.
Old 2012-12-25, 15:24   Link #120
Rainbowman

In addition I hope to see dwarves in this story if the minkmen are not quite short-sized like dwarves or if they happen to be shorter than dwarves whichever comes first.
Closed Thread