AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-14, 18:28   Link #1
Micke

I'm looking for new anime.

1. Looking for anime with "thugish" characters.

Like Sakuragi or Mitsui from Slam Dunk or the bullys in the early episodes of Hajime no Ippo.

2. Looking for sports anime (that's not impossible to find).
Whistle, Slam Dunk, Hajime no Ippo.
Do not mention Eyesheild 21!

3. Slice of life anime.
Like GTO.
But please no Azumanga, School Rumble or anything like that, it has to have somewhat mature feeling.

By the way please number your answers
Old 2006-12-14, 18:56   Link #2
jedinat

"thugish" characters... like delinquents?

Here's a comedy on those type of characters:
Sakigake!! Cromartie Koukou

Slice fo life:
Genshiken
Kare Kano
Hachimitsu to Clover
Old 2006-12-14, 21:05   Link #3
Jimbasushi

Send a message via AIM to Jimbasushi
lol @ number off picky pick! jk : ) i'll try to keep it as organized as i can, feeling generous today : D

1) Thuggish <lol> sorry it makes me laugh : D
AirGear
As for your thuggish, i think air gear has many moments when people are acting thuggish lol. The main character himself starting off the series as a small gang leader. The story itself has awesome music, animation, and great plot. in my opinion one of the better recent animes! must see! can't wait for season 2 ^^

2) Sports Anime <in my opinion, if you're a true anime fanatic, you can find anything anywhere so i'm not gonna worry about that lol>

a)WildStriker
A soccer anime with a decent story line about a young boy chasing his brother and reaching the top in the soccer world. In my opinion i dont think it is as good as whistle but its still pretty good. Its unlicensed and shouldn't be too hard to get torrents for.

b)BuzzerBeater
A recent bball anime with season 1 done. It's a fantasy world about bball between humans and aliens. It has great animation/art and the story line is not too shaby. However in my opinion nothing is as good as slam dunk ; ) as you probably have seen. Oh yeah dear boys is another bball anime try that out too. : D

3) Slice of life <my favorite category along with action ^^I would consider these more drama/romance categories if you're ok with that>

a)Beck
Probably in like my top 5 favorite animes. It is defintely a good series with good music, and story line. The art is a little different but hopefully you might like that : )
A great slice of life about a boy joining a band and rising to the top. Has that nice competition feel since you like sports anime as well ; )

b)ParadiseKiss
A story about a young girl who suddenly tries out modeling and finds an aspiration for it. She teams up with a team of designers as they all fill their ambitions. Defintely mature. Once again the art is unique so i'm not sure if you will like it necessarily but i definitely loved it

c)Nana
My number 1 anime in my book and i've seen A lot of anime ; ) the story is fantastic, the art/animation is great and the music is good too. Very mature in my opinion as well. Currently still being subbed but you can find it easy up to around episode 30ish. A definite must see : )

ok buddy i hoped that helped a little bit ; ) take care have fun eat lots!!! lol

-Jim
Old 2006-12-15, 18:54   Link #4
Taraqs
PeeWee Mafia boss

Send a message via Yahoo to Taraqs
AirGear Buzzer Beater Beck Chobits.
Closed Thread